PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Lining

PMI
03-14-2013, 07:45 PM
We will never, ever have to deal with those goddamn A10 refs again. Down the stretch:

1. Philmore's reverse grazes the rim. Might not have gotten the rebound but still.

2. The foul that put Galloway on the line was nowhere to be found. I rewinded and watched in slo-mo. It still isn't there. At least call a fucking ghost foul and put Philmore at the line at the end if you're going to bitch out like that.

It's just sickening. Semaj played a bad game and we still should have won. I don't give a shit about those of you who want to tell me you can't blame games on refs and they sucked both ways and blah blah blah. I know that. But the bottom line is, if you have the balls to let that last play play out the way it actually did, we win. Game over. Season still alive.

Fuck. At least Jeff Robinson is graduating.

danaandvictory
03-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Martin took a wild swipe at the ball, which went across Galloway's body. He may not have made contact but the motion looks enough like a foul it's almost automatic (I know they called it on Christon but he was nowhere close). It's a stupid play by Martin but that should no longer surprise anyone.

What grates me is how Taylor gets heaved out of the lane at the other end and there's no call. If you're going to call Semaj for a hip bump on Jones on one end and then Martin for the swipe you can't just swallow the whistle when a guy gets physically dragged off the floor at the other end.

PattyMac1021
03-14-2013, 07:51 PM
I hate to break it to all of the posters saying "at least we don't have to deal with A10 refs anymore," but you're going to complain about refs in any conference we are in. A10, Big East, whatever.

BMoreX
03-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Silver lining: A new era begins

PMI
03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
I hate to break it to all of the posters saying "at least we don't have to deal with A10 refs anymore," but you're going to complain about refs in any conference we are in. A10, Big East, whatever.

Please, do you watch basketball? That foul is NOT called in the Big East.

paulxu
03-14-2013, 08:14 PM
1. Philmore's reverse grazes the rim. Might not have gotten the rebound but still.

We had the rebound. That's why it sucked so bad.

THRILLHOUSE
03-14-2013, 08:16 PM
What grates me is how Taylor gets heaved out of the lane at the other end and there's no call. If you're going to call Semaj for a hip bump on Jones on one end and then Martin for the swipe you can't just swallow the whistle when a guy gets physically dragged off the floor at the other end.

Had the same exact thoughts when I saw the replay...well after all the obscenities I shouted about Philmore missing the shot.

GoMuskies
03-14-2013, 08:17 PM
This season is over. That is the silver lining.

PMI
03-14-2013, 08:46 PM
We had the rebound. That's why it sucked so bad.

Yea, I just say that because since the whistle was blown it's tough to know who really would've come down with it. I'd like to think that Taylor in that position is a pretty damn good bet though. Ugh. Way too much somber drinking for a week night, but at least I didn't waste my money going up there.

Masterofreality
03-14-2013, 08:47 PM
This season is over. That is the silver lining.

Nope, get ready for the NIT.

GoMuskies
03-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Nope, get ready for the NIT.

Like I said, the season's over. The NIT is just for show.

RoseyMuskie
03-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Please, do you watch basketball? That foul is NOT called in the Big East.

Yea, now we get more John Cahill and Jim Burr. A big improvement:whistle:

whiteyxu
03-14-2013, 09:18 PM
We could be in the NIT. Or, we could be continuing our season in the CBI...ugh, this loss really sucks. Some of those calls could have been better, but we lost this game because of the lack of rebounding down the stretch that led to extra chances for St. Joes. Up 8 with 7 or so minutes to go, we had the chance to put away the game or at least hold on, and instead we gave it all up and had to claw back into it at the end and a couple bounces didn't go our way. This team never gave up, and I still think they showed a lot of heart, but there was definitely a loss of focus there for a few minutes that really doomed us in the end.

Masterofreality
03-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Gotta play another game if your invited to any tourney. Can 't let that game ending be a bad taste that lingers.

xufan02
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
I think it was a foul and also thought Landon Amos should have in the game on the last possession to defend Galloway.

XUOHTX
03-15-2013, 11:08 AM
This is the silver lining:

http://www.redscountdown.com/

DC Muskie
03-15-2013, 11:13 AM
My silver lining is never having to play Phil Martelli again and read praise heaped upon him by Xavier fans.

PMI
03-15-2013, 11:33 AM
I think it was a foul and also thought Landon Amos should have in the game on the last possession to defend Galloway.

How many times have you re-watched it? I'd really love to know at what point anyone could argue that contact was made. It wasn't. I've re-watched. I've paused. I've looked at every player in the shot. There was no contact anywhere, at any point. There was contact on the other end for our hail mary play, most notably Taylor getting hacked. I wouldn't expect that to be called but if you're going to call a ghost foul on one end...

PMI
03-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Yea, now we get more John Cahill and Jim Burr. A big improvement:whistle:

Actually, it is. I know we al hate Cahill for that awful job in the OSU game, but do you watch Big East basketball? There's a lot less of the subjective bullshit you see in the A10, where refs decide at any point in the game they're going to start calling it differently. A10 refereeing is basically just like throwing darts at a spinning board of random options while blindfolded. I'm not saying we'll never have bad officiating or complaints in the future, but please let's not pretend like Big East refs aren't a huge upgrade over the morons in the A10.

ammtd34
03-15-2013, 12:27 PM
How many times have you re-watched it? I'd really love to know at what point anyone could argue that contact was made. It wasn't. I've re-watched. I've paused. I've looked at every player in the shot. There was no contact anywhere, at any point.

You're exactly right. There was absolutely no contact on anyone, not to mention the fact that it was whistled on Semaj who was on the other side of the floor. We always hear people saying not to whine about a foul not being called in the final seconds. What about the exact opposite?