PDA

View Full Version : Bilas and Syracuse

THRILLHOUSE
02-28-2008, 09:51 PM
So I am watching the USC-Zona game and Jay Bilas is one of the announcers. I kid you not, but for some reason they just started talking about Syracuse and their tournament resume. Of course Jay says that Syracuse should be in the tournament and then started talking about what an injustice it was that they did not get in last year. Then he says that Boeheim has done a "remarkable" job this season. Seriously, what in the world is the deal with Bilas and Syracuse???

OX09
02-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Maybe there is an arranged marriage that we don't know about. Maybe Boeheim's daughter and Bilas' son, or vice versa if the genders are switched. Either way, there has to be a lot of dowry involved.

Just in case someone doesn't know:

dow·ry [dou-ree]
–noun, plural -ries.
1. Also, dower. the money, goods, or estate that a wife brings to her husband at marriage.

joebba
02-28-2008, 10:22 PM
So I am watching the USC-Zona game and Jay Bilas is one of the announcers. I kid you not, but for some reason they just started talking about Syracuse and their tournament resume. Of course Jay says that Syracuse should be in the tournament and then started talking about what an injustice it was that they did not get in last year. Then he says that Boeheim has done a "remarkable" job this season. Seriously, what in the world is the deal with Bilas and Syracuse???

http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=36&albumid=7&dl=1204342827&thumb=1<<<In honor of this thread

waggy
02-29-2008, 03:51 PM
The Bracket Project, which is a matrix of all the various tourney projections, lists Syracuse as the last at large to make the field. A 12 seed. Syracuse may make the tourney, but if they do it will be by the skin on their ass. The amount of discussion given to the subject though, isn't consistent with what is essentially a bubble team that hasn't had they great of a season. If they make it, fine; if they don't, fine. Who really gives a damn besides ESPN?

PM Thor
02-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Boeheim would FREAK if Syracuse didn't make it in back to back years.

And I would be loving every second of it. I cannot stand the way they go about doing their OOC schedule. Please, oh holy lord of basketball, do not let Syracuse dance. Please.

Muskie73
02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Personally I would like them in with the understanding that they take a horrible, bloody butt whipping that finally teaches them that their 15 minutes are up.

Smooth
03-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss

A classic meltdown by Boewhine and the Excuse. 19-2 in the last 3-something.

THRILLHOUSE
03-01-2008, 01:07 PM
please tell me someone else just watched Syracuse's ridiculous choke job vs. Pitt. It was a thing of beauty.

xuab
03-01-2008, 01:20 PM
please tell me someone else just watched Syracuse's ridiculous choke job vs. Pitt. It was a thing of beauty.

Yes, I watched it and have to say took pleasure in it. I loved that they started to play slowdown ball to protect the lead and that lead to their downfall.

lavenders legion
03-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I switched to the Duke/Wright St. Game sorry can't say I saw it but at least now we know that their at large bid took a decent hit today

GoMuskies
03-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I loved that they started to play slowdown ball to protect the lead and that lead to their downfall.

Yeah, I HATE it when Xavier does this (which is quite often). Always seems to make things a little too interesting down the stretch.

lavenders legion
03-01-2008, 01:36 PM
*cough*cough* Ohio State *cough*