PDA

View Full Version : Semaj! on 2014 mock drafts

smileyy
03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Both nbadraft.net and draftexpress.com project Semaj as a first-round pick in the 2014 NBA Draft:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

I hadn't realized he's already 20 years old.

GoMuskies
03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
If he came out this year, I think there's a pretty good shot he'd get taken at the end of the first round by someone. If he develops a reliable jumper this offseason, I would expect him to flirt with the lottery next year.

GuyFawkes38
03-13-2013, 01:02 PM
This is part of the problem of being so reliant on one player.

GoMuskies
03-13-2013, 01:03 PM

We won't be next year.

smileyy
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM

Its a good problem to have, if you're able to recruit.

PMI
03-13-2013, 02:54 PM

I disagree. It's more just a part of the problem of having a really good player. The NBA doesn't draft based just on college production. They can tell who's good whether it's a Damian Lillard on a Weber St. team or a Kentucky guy who's the fourth option for Cal but still a first round pick.

aceylone7777
04-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Good thing I used the search bar...was going to post this. Man, this makes me worry.

April 8th mock...Semaj goes 18th according to DraftExpress.

XUFan09
04-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Good thing I used the search bar...was going to post this. Man, this makes me worry.

Worry? Just accept that Xavier won't have Semaj after next year. If they do, either the team will be scary good or (heaven forbid) he didn't improve too much from his 2nd-team All-A10 selection this year. The team will be fine. It's unknown whether or not they'll be great, but they definitely won't be bad.

Seniors: Dee Davis, Justin Martin
Junior: James Farr
Sophomores: Jalen Reynolds, Myles Davis, Brandon Randolph, Kamall Richards
Freshman: Melvin Swift

Five more scholarships have to fit in somewhere, but as of right now, we don't know much about that. It wouldn't surprise me to see a transfer get picked up who would end up in Farr's year. Still, that's a good core.

aceylone7777
04-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Worry? Just accept that Xavier won't have Semaj after next year. If they do, either the team will be scary good or (heaven forbid) he didn't improve too much from his 2nd-team All-A10 selection this year. The team will be fine. It's unknown whether or not they'll be great, but they definitely won't be bad.

Seniors: Dee Davis, Justin Martin
Junior: James Farr
Sophomores: Jalen Reynolds, Myles Davis, Brandon Randolph, Kamall Richards
Freshman: Melvin Swift

Five more scholarships have to fit in somewhere, but as of right now, we don't know much about that. It wouldn't surprise me to see a transfer get picked up who would end up in Farr's year. Still, that's a good core.

I'd definitely agree with picking up a transfer or JuCo in Farr's class. Of course, using a scholly on someone like Paschal Chukwu or Andre Walker would be nice too.

XUFan09
04-12-2013, 01:11 AM
I'd definitely agree with picking up a transfer or JuCo in Farr's class. Of course, using a scholly on someone like Paschal Chukwu or Andre Walker would be nice too.

Agreed. If we picked up a sophomore transfer this year or a JUCO transfer next year, it would really help with class balance. If someone hasn't been added by then in that class, Mack will always be involved in the fifth-year transfer market on the lookout for guys like Walker and Chukwu. I doubt that class balance is the coaching staff's number one priority, but it has to be of serious interest to them. Having two scholarships available definitely helps with flexibility on that account, because the staff likely wants to add someone who is immediately available too, be it a JUCO player, 5th-year transfer, or a 2013 recruit who decommitted amidst the coaching shuffle. Etou and Vezenkov are also still in the mix among 2013 recruits.

ammtd34
04-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Wouldn't Stainbrook be a senior, too?

blueblob06
04-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Wouldn't Stainbrook be a senior, too?
Yep, Seniors would be Stainbrook, Dee, & Martin.

DC Muskie
04-12-2013, 08:12 AM
That draft looks pretty good. Much better than this year for sure.

THRILLHOUSE
04-12-2013, 10:23 AM
That draft looks pretty good. Much better than this year for sure.

Yeah next years draft is going to be loaded. Which is why it would have been foolish for a guy like Zeller to stay another year.

SixFig
04-12-2013, 11:31 AM
IN order to play big boy basketball we NEED these kind of players. They are worth the risk of leaving early 100% of the time.

smileyy
04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Just accept that Xavier won't have Semaj after next year. If they do, either the team will be scary good or (heaven forbid) he didn't improve too much from his 2nd-team All-A10 selection this year.

What he said here. Semaj! had some holes in his game. If he's not NBA-draft material after next year, that means he still has the same holes in his game. Fortunately, I don't think that will happen, because this isn't Dayton.

pimpinthebox
04-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Not to mention, losing a guy early to the NBA is a GREAT recruiting tool.

Seven Eighths
04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
I hope he stays for all 4 years but XU will have fared well if he is good enough to be drafted in the first round before he graduates.

UCGRAD4X
04-12-2013, 01:45 PM
I hope he stays for all 4 years but XU will have fared well if he is good enough to be drafted in the first round before he graduates.

Welcome 7/8 - that is the downside of having REALLY GOOD players. But it is better than NOT having REALLY GOOD players at all. I am not a proponent of recruiting the one-and-done guys coming in, but guys who might stay, perhaps because of their emphasis on the education end, is a road I think X needs to travel. It can be a tight rope to walk - but, you are right - the better the player is the more likely they will be gone before their time.

In Mack we (must) trust!

mohr5150
04-22-2013, 10:48 AM
I am very worried Semaj will leave for the draft this season. That would suck a lot if he did. When is the last day they can declare?

xu95
04-22-2013, 11:07 AM
April 28th. I would be really surprised if he declared this late.

GoMuskies
04-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Is there some reason for concern? Are there some rumors floating around that have not made their way here (until today perhaps)?

nuts4xu
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Is there some reason for concern? Are there some rumors floating around that have not made their way here (until today perhaps)?

Nothing I have heard says Semaj will declare for the draft this year. He seems to be as good as gone after next season, but a lot can happen between now and then.

PMI
04-22-2013, 11:38 AM
I am very worried Semaj will leave for the draft this season. That would suck a lot if he did. When is the last day they can declare?

I think you should take a long, deep breath.

ArizonaXUGrad
04-22-2013, 12:21 PM
No kidding, that 2014 mock is akin to Dayton winning the A10 preseason crown. He has a lot of work to do regarding his ability to go left and his shooting. If he does that, I could see him even moving higher than 18 in the 2014 draft. If he is taken that high, thank for his time and wish him the best. XU still have both Davis' and Randolph plus whomever we recruit in 2014.

PMI
04-22-2013, 12:50 PM
No kidding, that 2014 mock is akin to Dayton winning the A10 preseason crown. He has a lot of work to do regarding his ability to go left and his shooting. If he does that, I could see him even moving higher than 18 in the 2014 draft. If he is taken that high, thank for his time and wish him the best. XU still have both Davis' and Randolph plus whomever we recruit in 2014.

I believe mohr is worried about him going in this year's draft, not next year's. He's gone after his sophomore year. But he will have his sophomore year. I'm surprised this is even being discussed, but then again, not really.

ArizonaXUGrad
04-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I believe mohr is worried about him going in this year's draft, not next year's. He's gone after his sophomore year. But he will have his sophomore year. I'm surprised this is even being discussed, but then again, not really.

Just pure boredom I guess. People should go to AAU tournaments.

smileyy
04-22-2013, 02:11 PM
NHe has a lot of work to do regarding his ability to go left and his shooting. If he does that, I could see him even moving higher than 18 in the 2014 draft. If he is taken that high, thank for his time and wish him the best.

I get the feeling that Semaj! has quite a bit of work ethic in him. I'm excited to see end-of-2014-season Semaj!

And yeah, anyone who has a great deal of confidence that they'll be drafted in the first round should enter the draft.

paulxu
04-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Nothing I have heard says Semaj will declare for the draft this year. He seems to be as good as gone after next season, but a lot can happen between now and then.

Final Four?

mohr5150
04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm not saying it's fact at all, but someone I know who knows Mario said he was being heavily pressured by outside influences to leave. The weakness of this draft compared to next year's would cause someone like Semaj to seriously consider it.

xu95
04-23-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm not saying it's fact at all, but someone I know who knows Mario said he was being heavily pressured by outside influences to leave. The weakness of this draft compared to next year's would cause someone like Semaj to seriously consider it.

Does he work in Accounts Payable?

You have nothing to worry about. Rumors would have gotten out by now if he was even thinking about it.