PDA

View Full Version : The what if game...

Kahns Krazy
03-07-2013, 09:17 AM
What if....

We had the Vandy, Wofford, VCU and UMass games (All very winnable, IMO) as wins, and everything else equal.

For a down season, we were not far from another very Xavier-like season.

XUOHTX
03-07-2013, 09:18 AM
What if we won every game on our schedule!!!!

GoMuskies
03-07-2013, 09:19 AM
What if we won every game on our schedule!!!!

We'd be the worst #1 ranked team ever.

nuts4xu
03-07-2013, 09:20 AM
What if Dez Wells hadn't been kicked out of school?

We would have won those winnable games, and not blown so many second half leads!

I love what if games!!

muskiefan82
03-07-2013, 09:22 AM
I think the Charlotte and Richmond games as well were winnable. makes this team 23-6 (12-3 A-10) and ranked, IMHO, but that's what happens when you have limited options, your best guard is a freshman, and two of your senior starters play on other BIg 6 teams. You get up, move on, coach the crap out of the team, IMPROVE (see bearcats for not improving), and get better. This X team is better. They lack the horses and the experience, but they have learned and improved. They CAN win the A-10 tournament. They just have to avoid an uninspired UMASS effort.

Masterofreality
03-07-2013, 09:22 AM
I thought this was a thread to talk about the Cleveland Indians advertising slogan from the last two years. "What If?"

The absolute WORST ad campaign ever invented. Thank Gawd it's gone.

PMI
03-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Honestly, what if we could shoot free throws? If we're decent in the department that no D1 team has an excuse for not being decent in, conservatively, we're a tournament lock at worst.

GIMMFD
03-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Honestly, what if we could shoot free throws? If we're decent in the department that no D1 team has an excuse for not being decent in, conservatively, we're a tournament lock at worst.

Agreed. That's something we can control.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Here's a present what if:

IF X beats Butler on saturday and IF VCU beats Temple, X will have the 4th seed in the A10 tourney

Butler just lost by nearly 30 to VCU, 4 at home to SLU, and barely beat Fordham. They aren't exactly playing lights out Bball. On top of this, they play AT UMASS just 2 days prior to the game vs X...

PMI
03-07-2013, 10:39 AM

IF X beats Butler on saturday and IF VCU beats Temple, X will have the 4th seed in the A10 tourney

Butler just lost by nearly 30 to VCU, 4 at home to SLU, and barely beat Fordham. They aren't exactly playing lights out Bball. On top of this, they play AT UMASS just 2 days prior to the game vs X...

Having only watched bits and pieces of the VCU game out of those three, I could be off, but I think Butler's lack of a true point has caught up to them. I was thinking it was a glaring weakness of theirs all year long, even when they were playing very well. Clarke is an awesome scorer but they don't have anyone who can really run the point. We're going to have to avoid them shooting lights out at home on their senior night, which is a definite concern in a rivalry/revenge type game, but we can definitely beat them again. It'll be a lot tougher this time than the first time around, but if Martin and Robinson bring their heads along for the bus ride, it should be a hell of a game.

A10fan
03-07-2013, 10:46 AM

Butler will have to beat UMass tonight for this scenario to play out. If Umass wins tonight and beats Rhode Island on Sat. then they get the 4th seed.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Butler will have to beat UMass tonight for this scenario to play out. If Umass wins tonight and beats Rhode Island on Sat. then they get the 4th seed.

Good catch. At Rhode Island isn't an easy place to play on senior night after less than 2 days from playing butler. The stars can align just need to beat Butler...

ArizonaXUGrad
03-07-2013, 11:12 AM
You can add to that this team just seems to match up well against Butler. I feel like that game and really all other games on our schedule this year could have gone either way. It's that type of year, but seriously how pumped are we all going forward with CMack and the new talent this roster will get.

paulxu
03-07-2013, 02:04 PM
If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its a$$ when it jumps.

nuts4xu
03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
What if my aunt had a set of balls?

LA Muskie
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
What if my aunt had a set of balls?
Then she would be your uncle.

TEK-X
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
If,if,if...... If if was a fifth, we'd all be drunk!!!!!

jhelmes37
03-07-2013, 08:01 PM
What if Derrick Brown would have stayed after Miller left?

Championship for sure!

Whoops, wrong year.

D-West & PO-Z
03-07-2013, 08:11 PM

Good catch. At Rhode Island isn't an easy place to play on senior night after less than 2 days from playing butler. The stars can align just need to beat Butler...

I thought it was determined in the other thread that UMASS' results dont affect us that they cannot get the #4 seed.

D-West & PO-Z
03-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I guess it doesnt matter since I just noticed that UMASS lost to Butler tonight.

D-West & PO-Z
03-07-2013, 08:15 PM
So basically we need to beat Butler and we need VCU to beat Temple to get the #4 seed.

Not that far fetched. This especially welcoming considering after the UMASS loss I thought we blew our chances completely.

muskiefan82
03-08-2013, 02:15 PM
What if Semaj had Brad's shooting touch from 3 and Brad had Semaj's first step and speed to the rim and they both played at the same time?