PDA

View Full Version : Tweets you gotta Love 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Masterofreality
03-07-2013, 08:53 AM
“@Eiser_XU_Sports: @GoodmanCBS: Travis Taylor's monster *night in win over No. 16/15 St. Louis: 19 pts., 19 reb. & 6 blk.; your new Avatar photo is on the way”

joe titan
03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
leading rebounder in league should be automatic first team all A 10

BMoreX
03-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Matt Stainbrook ‏@mstainbrook40

To think that a year ago I was playing Ball State and Central Michigan, and next year I'm playing in the Big East. Things change.

Masterofreality
03-08-2013, 06:15 PM
“@CoachChrisMack: About 2 have @jeremygrowe put @tasteele on his shoulders & get out tape measure. Not sure those 2 together could reach rim though. #hinkle”

MarvAlbert
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner
@GottliebShow Nothing is "funnier" in a rivalry sense than Xavier into the Big East while Cincinnati loses that league stature.

‏@GrandHustleBS
@AndyGlockner @gottliebshow As a UC fan nothing is "funny" about it

‏@tfeld7275
@AndyGlockner @GottliebShow as a xavier fan, its hysterical, and I'm loving every second of it!

Masterofreality
03-10-2013, 12:09 PM
“@DanWolken: Of course, the other thing about VCU's press is they commit three fouls every time they put it on - rarely get called for any.”

Yep, Yep and YEP!

Obviously, I'm not the only one who sees it. Give VCU credit, though. They know all the tricks to shield the refs. #chippy

Juice
03-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Tom Eiser ‏@Eiser_XU_Sports
Xavier will play a 1st round A-10 Champ. Game for only the 3rd time in 13 yrs; last 2 times? XU's last 2 A-10 tourney titles: 2004 and 2006

D-West & PO-Z
03-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Tom Eiser ‏@Eiser_XU_Sports
Xavier will play a 1st round A-10 Champ. Game for only the 3rd time in 13 yrs; last 2 times? XU's last 2 A-10 tourney titles: 2004 and 2006

That is an awesome tweet.

coasterville95
03-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner
@GottliebShow Nothing is "funnier" in a rivalry sense than Xavier into the Big East while Cincinnati loses that league stature.

‏@GrandHustleBS
@AndyGlockner @gottliebshow As a UC fan nothing is "funny" about it

‏@tfeld7275
@AndyGlockner @GottliebShow as a xavier fan, its hysterical, and I'm loving every second of it!

This may just go down as one of my favorite Twitter exchanges. I too am loving every second of it. Like MoR, I expect the Big East to extend the same courtesy as schools poaching coaches - they won't announce their new members until all said members have played their last game of the season.

Yeah, the conferences could take it out on our baseball, softball and tennis teams, but I don't think that would have quite the same backlash. )No offense to the Olympic sports)

Masterofreality
03-15-2013, 07:33 AM
“@SemajChriston: At the end of the day ..I LOVE MY TEAM ..we been through a lot n we wasn't given nothing ..so we fought till the end ...#XavierNation”

xu95
03-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Unless something crazy happens, next year will be the last year we see Semaj.

Masterofreality
03-15-2013, 09:16 AM

I wish Killa would leave SucKS early. That would totally decimate YTG.

Xavier
03-15-2013, 09:53 AM

Agreed. Before tip they were talking about his draft stock and said he would be a 1st rounder next season. I didn't realize he is already 20.

xu95
03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
It doesn't get much better than these tweets.

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel
Presidents and athletic officials at Xavier and Butler left A-10 meetings this am. No announcement expected, but they are gone.

The Xavier and Butler departures (without Dayton and SLU) mean that if the Catholic Seven go to 10 next year, Creighton had edge.

To clarify on Xavier and Butler: Schools officials physically got up and left the A-10 meetings this morning.

Masterofreality
03-16-2013, 06:44 AM
“@ESPNAndyKatz: The new Big East is making the right move going to just 10 teams. That's the perfect basketball number. Round robin. 18 league games.”

10 is the perfect basketball number.....especially since it doesn't include udump.

Enjoy being outside in the cold Cryers while X sips champagne and munches on caviar.

xudash
03-16-2013, 08:43 PM
“@ESPNAndyKatz: The new Big East is making the right move going to just 10 teams. That's the perfect basketball number. Round robin. 18 league games.”

10 is the perfect basketball number.....especially since it doesn't include udump.

Enjoy being outside in the cold Cryers while X sips champagne and munches on caviar.

As each day goes by, I want Dayton to be excluded more and more. The meltdown there would be hilarious, and epic.

xavierj
03-16-2013, 10:29 PM
He went to prep school and is a year older than the average college freshman. It's not like he is 25. With that said if he improves he will have a great opportunity to make a ton of money after next year.

muskienick
03-17-2013, 08:11 AM
He went to prep school and is a year older than the average college freshman. It's not like he is 25. With that said if he improves he will have a great opportunity to make a ton of money after next year.

And it'll have given Dee an additional year of experience and our two in-coming guards a chance to learn the system.

crolfes12
03-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Does this mean the graduation steak ends?

nuts4xu
03-17-2013, 12:20 PM

If he gets consistent with his outside shot, he might average 25 per game within the flow of the offense. He is fun to watch and I can't wait to see how much better he is next season. He will have more weapons around him and will be even better prepared to lead our team.

BMoreX
03-17-2013, 02:25 PM
@slrussell: SLU has lost only once in its last 16 games. #Xavier beat the Billikens in OT March 6.

Pluto
03-17-2013, 03:38 PM

No, it is the streak of Seniors graduating.

LA Muskie
03-17-2013, 05:13 PM

That's not the streak. Every XU player hasn't graduated. Every senior has.

Jesuit4Life
03-17-2013, 08:56 PM
@mstainbrook40 I'M BACK. #sitoutyear #over

Masterofreality
03-17-2013, 08:59 PM
“@BannersParkway: XU director of BB admin @MarioMercurio: "We opted to respectfully decline CIT and CBI invitations..."”

MuskiePimp23
03-17-2013, 09:07 PM
“@BannersParkway: XU director of BB admin @MarioMercurio: "We opted to respectfully decline CIT and CBI invitations..."”

Good. This damn nightmare is over and hopefully we can move forward without that idiot Graham and the Admin. interfering with the basketball program and ruining seasons and drastically altering kids' lives.

Cheesehead
03-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Good. This damn nightmare is over and hopefully we can move forward without that idiot Graham and the Admin. interfering with the basketball program and ruining seasons and drastically altering kids' lives.

I don't think Graham is going anywhere.

MuskiePimp23
03-17-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't thinks Graham is going anywhere.

I think you're right, but I am apart of the people that thinks we need some serious changes with the leaders of this University.

xudash
03-17-2013, 09:24 PM
I don't think Graham is going anywhere.

And that would be good news for Xavier. Very good news.

Jesuit4Life
03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
@B_RadXU12 Cant believe im done. Special thanks to everyone who has been with me thru the ups and downs! Proud to always be a part of Xavier nation!

paulxu
03-17-2013, 10:03 PM
One classy Muskie.

waggy
03-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Reps, Brad Redford.

Masterofreality
03-18-2013, 09:08 AM
“@DaveTelep: 11 of ESPN's Top 25 recruiting classes from 2012 did not make the NCAA Tournament.”

BandAid
03-18-2013, 09:10 AM
In our defense, half of our class never got to got to put on a jersey...

Masterofreality
03-18-2013, 09:12 AM
In our defense, half of our class never got to got to put on a jersey...

Were we in the Top 25?

BMoreX
03-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Were we in the Top 25?

We were if it included Reynolds and Davis.

DC Muskie
03-18-2013, 09:25 AM

Is it though? I mean seriously is this "nightmare" of a season over for you?

I think you're right, but I am apart of the people that thinks we need some serious changes with the leaders of this University.

Because this statement leads me to believe that you simply cannot move on. Graham's not going anywhere, nor should he.

DC Muskie
03-18-2013, 09:26 AM
@B_RadXU12 Cant believe im done. Special thanks to everyone who has been with me thru the ups and downs! Proud to always be a part of Xavier nation!

It's good to see our players have proper perspectives...I wish our fans could do the same.

Best of luck to Brad. He will be missed.

paulxu
03-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Were we in the Top 25?

We were #16. Kentucky was #2.

drudy23
03-18-2013, 09:58 AM

Will go down as one of my favorite Muskies...probably because I wish I could shoot like that. Regardless of his limitations, he played hard every second he was out there. I think alot of what we saw this year, he could have done all 4 years, but never really got that consistent chance. He will be successful regardless.

nuts4xu
03-18-2013, 11:06 AM

You don't change the head of a university because of one decision that most directly impacted the basketball team.

I understand you are honked off because Dez Wells was expelled, but Fr Graham has a lot more positive on his resume than negative.

If you plan to hold your breath until "serious changes" take place with the leaders of this university, you will be pushing up daisies while you wait.

Masterofreality
03-18-2013, 11:09 AM
We were #16. Kentucky was #2.

Couldn't have been without Myles and Jalen

MarvAlbert
03-18-2013, 05:51 PM
2014 football prospect

Gary Brown ‏@PrinceDeadLift
Got an Offer from University of Cincinnati!!! #BigEast

#WTFisThisConference?

aceylone7777
03-18-2013, 06:25 PM
What a moron...

chico
03-18-2013, 08:25 PM

I'm not a follower of the grammar police, but I do find it funny how one typo can make your sentence mean the exact opposite of what I think you're trying to say.

MuskiePimp23
03-18-2013, 08:51 PM
You don't change the head of a university because of one decision that most directly impacted the basketball team.

I understand you are honked off because Dez Wells was expelled, but Fr Graham has a lot more positive on his resume than negative.

If you plan to hold your breath until "serious changes" take place with the leaders of this university, you will be pushing up daisies while you wait.

Nuts, I am sorry, but Fr. Graham has been involved in a heck of a lot more than one bad decision...I agree that you don't change leadership because of one bad decision, unless it is an egregious error, but Fr. Graham has been at the helm of SEVERAL bad decisions.

From the piss poor handling of the fight and its aftermatch, including the PR debacle. The "reflection sessions" and subsequent firing of Luther Graham, or should I say re-assignment of his duties. To the outstanding debt that Xavier has incurred for their funding projects. To Graham's repeated public statements about the fight and not moving past it. To Graham not saying anything in the immediate aftermath of that stupid fight. To Graham acting like an idiot during the fight. To the University as a whole making bad decision after bad decision in handling previous sexual assault cases, which led to the Dez case, one in which should have been handled as a separate incident, but led to Dez being made an example of, by expelling the highest profile student on campus, which led to the Prosecutor calling for Xavier to "do the right thing" and re-evaluate Dez. To which Graham, hides behind title IX and giving his BS answers. To Fr. Graham and his admin. pressuring Mack to cut ties with Lyons because he was an "attitude problem" and "bad apple", yet the guy was good enough to be in our program 4 years and earn a degree from the same University I call my Alma Mater. The hypocrisy on that was just beyond me.

Should I continue?

MuskiePimp23
03-18-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm not a follower of the grammar police, but I do find it funny how one typo can make your sentence mean the exact opposite of what I think you're trying to say.

Sorry, I should have said "A Part".

XU 87
03-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Should I continue?

No.

And could you provide us with a reasonable time period as to when you'll stop hijacking numerous threads where you simply vent on how much you can't stand Fr. Graham?

For example, this thread is titled "Tweets You Gotta Love 3". Your posts should be on the thread titled "I can't stand Fr. Graham and would like to constantly complain about him for the next 12 months".

TUclutch
03-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Nuts, I am sorry, but Fr. Graham has been involved in a heck of a lot more than one bad decision...I agree that you don't change leadership because of one bad decision, unless it is an egregious error, but Fr. Graham has been at the helm of SEVERAL bad decisions.

From the piss poor handling of the fight and its aftermatch, including the PR debacle. The "reflection sessions" and subsequent firing of Luther Graham, or should I say re-assignment of his duties. To the outstanding debt that Xavier has incurred for their funding projects. To Graham's repeated public statements about the fight and not moving past it. To Graham not saying anything in the immediate aftermath of that stupid fight. To Graham acting like an idiot during the fight. To the University as a whole making bad decision after bad decision in handling previous sexual assault cases, which led to the Dez case, one in which should have been handled as a separate incident, but led to Dez being made an example of, by expelling the highest profile student on campus, which led to the Prosecutor calling for Xavier to "do the right thing" and re-evaluate Dez. To which Graham, hides behind title IX and giving his BS answers. To Fr. Graham and his admin. pressuring Mack to cut ties with Lyons because he was an "attitude problem" and "bad apple", yet the guy was good enough to be in our program 4 years and earn a degree from the same University I call my Alma Mater. The hypocrisy on that was just beyond me.

Should I continue?

What did he do?

boozehound
03-19-2013, 10:06 AM

Should I continue?

You can believe whatever you want to believe, but that is not what went down with Lyons. The decision to cut ties with Lyons didn't go any higher than Coach Mack. Father Graham isn't Dean Wormer and the basketball team isn't the Delta Tau Chi fraternity. He isn't trying to destroy the program.

Also, I thought that most of the capital projects were funded with somewhat limited debt being taken on. I realize that the article in the 'Is Xavier Broke" thread leads one to believe otherwise, but I am not sure that the facts in that article are 100% accurate.

I don't agree with the way the aftermath from the fight was handled, nor do I agree with the way the Dez Wells situation was handled. Having said that it appears to be highly unlikely that Graham is going anywhere anytime soon. We should probably just learn to accept it. We also could probably do a lot worse.

danaandvictory
03-19-2013, 10:21 AM
What did he do?

He allegedly threw ice at some people shouting obscenities in the adjacent box, apparently to try to get their attention and ask them to stop shouting obscenities.

History's greatest monster.

I also have never understood how the Wells situation became Graham's direct fault. Wells was "convicted" by the disciplinary board. Pimp's expectation seems to be that Fr. Graham should have overruled the disciplinary board as a result of ... what? The grand jury's refusal to indict? An independent review of the case file? I'm not even sure Graham procedurally has that power. Yeah, he deserves criticism for the Smith/Simons fiascos that led to the DOJ inquiry, but putting Wells at his feet is reductive and just fits an agenda.

DC Muskie
03-19-2013, 10:22 AM

Should I continue?

It's Luther Smith by the way.

But good rant.

aceylone7777
03-19-2013, 10:51 AM
"@SFFiveTu: The Turkey experience is over with.. pic.twitter.com/D1HfupGtfI"

Anyone have any idea where he's going? Aliaga's season doesn't end until May 5, so he obviously (I think?) isn't with the team, even though Eurobasket still says so.

gladdenguy
03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Pimp is a great American.

Masterofreality
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
“@GoodmanCBS: UMKC has hired Louisville Kareem Richardson to replace Matt Brown.”

waggy
03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Pimp is a troll.

mistabeecee41
03-19-2013, 02:35 PM
"@SFFiveTu: The Turkey experience is over with.. pic.twitter.com/D1HfupGtfI"

Anyone have any idea where he's going? Aliaga's season doesn't end until May 5, so he obviously (I think?) isn't with the team, even though Eurobasket still says so.

he was 'released' according to eurobasket.

drudy23
03-19-2013, 02:41 PM
I would imagine that Tu is likely a handful if things aren't going his way. Just a hunch.

Masterofreality
03-24-2013, 08:14 AM
“@GaryParrishCBS: Dear Gonzaga haters: I don't care if you're Gonzaga 2013 or Kentucky 2012, you're at risk when the opponent hits 14 3-pointers. It happens.”

Please remember this next year when another team has more points on the scoreboard than Xavier. Yeah, sometimes it happens...like against UMass this year.

UCGRAD4X
03-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Gotta defend the 3pt shot!

You would think after the first five or six go down, they would start denying. That is what I kept screaming about the UMass game (among others). A big reason why Xavier is watching and the Zags will be now as well.

Masterofreality
03-24-2013, 08:37 AM

You would think after the first five or six go down, they would start denying. That is what I kept screaming about the UMass game (among others). A big reason why Xavier is watching and the Zags will be now as well.

The average make percent across the board in Dvision 1 NCAA basketball for 3 pointers is 42%. When a team makes 50% or over you are in trouble.

With all due respect, 4X. Do you think that teams weren't defending? I come down on the side of giving teams credit for what they do and sometimes it's the other team's day.

UCGRAD4X
03-24-2013, 08:55 AM
The average make percent across the board in Dvision 1 NCAA basketball for 3 pointers is 42%. When a team makes 50% or over you are in trouble.

With all due respect, 4X. Do you think that teams weren't defending? I come down on the side of giving teams credit for what they do and sometimes it's the other team's day.

Yup. (and tru-dat)

I didn't see the game (so, I'm not sure how much of that respect is really due to me :nudgewink:) but I do recall the UMass game where guys were left all alone - as in 'not defended' - that resulted in three that just killed the Muskies. In part, I attributed that to our lack of depth.

It is difficult to start holding players accountable for their defense by withholding playing time as in the past when you are so short-handed.

Absolutely many of those threes were just guys making their shots that day. But, if they were better defended, and not taking/making, just one or two, that is enough in itself to make a difference - and, if done early enough in the game, make the shooter at least enough less likely to take the shot, or less confident in making the shot later on.

There are some days when shots just fall. But to say there is nothing you can do about it is not exactly true. IMHO

waggy
03-24-2013, 09:02 AM
The backbraker was a kinda prayer rainbow 3 with with about a second on the shot clock by a frosh.

Masterofreality
03-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Yup. (and tru-dat)

I didn't see the game (so, I'm not sure how much of that respect is really due to me :nudgewink:) but I do recall the UMass game where guys were left all alone - as in 'not defended' - that resulted in three that just killed the Muskies. In part, I attributed that to our lack of depth.

It is difficult to start holding players accountable for their defense by withholding playing time as in the past when you are so short-handed.

Absolutely many of those threes were just guys making their shots that day. But, if they were better defended, and not taking/making, just one or two, that is enough in itself to make a difference - and, if done early enough in the game, make the shooter at least enough less likely to take the shot, or less confident in making the shot later on.

There are some days when shots just fall. But to say there is nothing you can do about it is not exactly true. IMHO

Not necessarily disagreeing, but you also have to look at who was less defended when the shots were taken. Every defense has to give up something. You pick your poison. After Williams went out with foul trouble, their back up PG Trey (what a name) Davis came in with an absolutely ugly shot form, but he made them and scored 12 points. No way you would have bothered to defend him.

Also, they made some shots on a break where the defense wasn't totally set. Normally shooting 3's early in the shot clock would be a bad shot, but that day, they made them.

danaandvictory
03-24-2013, 10:22 AM

Pomeroy had some interesting analysis this year indicating that 3-point FG% is generally defense-independent. There are a couple of teams (Wisconsin among them) that hold opposing teams to lower percentages across the board, but Pomeroy's thesis was that it doesn't really matter how you defend the three, teams will pretty much shoot what they are going to shoot.

smileyy
03-24-2013, 01:39 PM

Me too. Combine luck and short-handed fatigue, and that will happen. Though luck goes out the window more when a guy is wide open. Its one of the few times I saw the Xavier D lose intensity this year.

ballyhoohoo
03-24-2013, 02:38 PM
@IceKube73: Craft is as smart as Titus Rubles is dumb.

BMoreX
03-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Ben Ford ‏@BenLFord 6m

Florida Gulf Coast has more NCAA tournament wins this season than Dayton has in the last 20. (cc: @BannersParkway)

UCGRAD4X
03-24-2013, 09:29 PM
and now LaSalle has 3 wins

what's the world coming to, man

coasterville95
03-24-2013, 09:38 PM
I thought my "Fan of a Big Time Program Handbook - page 542 - says that referring to Dayton, even in ridicule is beneath us and that we should not waste bandwidth for Dayton jokes.

LaSalle may be coming the most accomplished A10 school as far as the NCAA goes , with all of us leaving. SWeet 16, 3 wins.

Jesuit4Life
03-24-2013, 11:25 PM
@SemajChriston Dear past thank you for all the lessons Dear future I'm READY pic.twitter.com/fkzQg84ZdH (http://t.co/fkzQg84ZdH)

Masterofreality
03-25-2013, 09:00 AM
@SemajChriston Dear past thank you for all the lessons Dear future I'm READY pic.twitter.com/fkzQg84ZdH (http://t.co/fkzQg84ZdH)

Love it.....As long as that future is back at XU next year.

rove02
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Love it.....As long as that future is back at XU next year.

Have you heard something that has you worried?

Masterofreality
03-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Have you heard something that has you worried?

Nah.

bobbiemcgee
03-25-2013, 10:56 AM
have you heard something that has you worried?

stop!

smileyy
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
But seriously, he has no draft rep around him right now. But make sure to enjoy him next year :)

Steve A
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
Future Big East member Xavier has offered 2014 F @malikabu_ , his AAU coach tells @snytv

Obviously, everything else is covered in the recruiting thread, I just like the "Future Big East member" part.

Masterofreality
03-26-2013, 01:21 PM
“@franfraschilla: This is true: Only 4% of UCLA home games drew over 10,000 the last four years."

Anybody who thinks, and I don't know that there is, that Xavier's attendance is sucky, how about THAT?

4%. That would be 3 games at UCLA.

LA Muskie
03-26-2013, 01:26 PM
“@franfraschilla: This is true: Only 4% of UCLA home games drew over 10,000 the last four years."

Anybody who thinks, and I don't know that there is, that Xavier's attendance is sucky, how about THAT?

That doesn't surprise me. The UCLA fanbase sucks. However, bear in mind that they played off-campus at the wretched LA Sports Arena last year (2011-12) while Pauley was being renovated. I can't imagine they had a single game with 10k+ that season.

gladdenguy
03-26-2013, 01:31 PM

I don't think the Xavier fanbase is "sucky". I think there are other factors to why we had a sub-par attendance year this year.

ammtd34
03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
I do love that tweet.

paulxu
03-27-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm trying to figure out if this is a new level of spam...one that comes complete with an Abu Dhabi avatar.

coasterville95
03-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah, if a spammer, I have to give some credit for setting up a custom avatar.

Maybe it is a legitimate Xavier fan living in Abu Dhabi, and Muskie's Arabic -> English translator script is on the fritz.

Muskie
03-27-2013, 09:07 AM
It didn't occur for me to check... I should go do that now.

Dr. X
03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Mark Lyons, quotable as always:

Doug Tifft ‏@DougTifft 2m
"We're not caught up in the sexiness and all that. I feel like my teammates are handsome, but that's not the point." -Mark Lyons on the West

Masterofreality
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Allie LaForce is smoking hot, talented, from NE Ohio....and a WIndians fan.

“@ALaForce: Ok Tribe! I see you striking first! (Couple of passed balls helped too).”

Titanxman04
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Wow...had no idea this girl existed...

Masterofreality
04-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Wow...had no idea this girl existed...

She's on a CBS Sports Network show with Gottlieb..and she's an NCAA sideline reporter.

BMoreX
04-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Chris Mack ‏@CoachChrisMack 11m

Wife got a sitter for our girls @ Final Four Sat night. Found out its an Atlanta Hawks cheerleader. May have to stay back if she needs help.

Masterofreality
04-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Chris Mack ‏@CoachChrisMack 11m

Wife got a sitter for our girls @ Final Four Sat night. Found out its an Atlanta Hawks cheerleader. May have to stay back if she needs help.

“@AshleyHoward17: @CoachChrisMack Hey, I can free up my Saturday night if need be.”

Masterofreality
04-06-2013, 02:53 PM
“@XavierGameDay: Paligraf with the walk-off squeeze bunt and @XUBaseball defeats Dayton, 4-3, in the 11th. #LetsGoX”

Even the Cryers baseball team understands how to "dayton".

GoMuskies
04-06-2013, 03:15 PM
That makes X 6-2 in the A-10. Not bad.

coasterville95
04-06-2013, 03:32 PM
But will we be allowed in the A10 tournament. Why should abject failure at Xavier's sports facilities be reserved for only the Cryers basketball team. Let their other sports share in the wealth

Jimmy Carter!!!

Masterofreality
04-06-2013, 03:37 PM
But will we be allowed in the A10 tournament. Why should abject failure at Xavier's sports facilities be reserved for only the Cryers basketball team. Let their other sports share in the wealth

Jimmy Carter!!!

And it is. They blew a 9th inning lead. 2 in a row over udump this weekend so far.

X-Fan
04-06-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted:

"@BRandolph3: Looks nice huh? #3 http://t.co/WdwrIwwRjj"

Love that he'll be #3!

Masterofreality
04-06-2013, 07:54 PM
pic.twitter.com/WdwrIwwRjj

Here's the link for the pic.

Masterofreality
04-06-2013, 10:28 PM
“@CoachFlan: Refs control every game, you cannot convince me otherwise! And they do determine outcomes”

So speaks Eric Flannery, Head Basketball Coach of the St. Edward High School Eagles. A State Championship winning head coach, and a class act who never argues with refs.

Masterofreality
04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
“@BRandolph3: To bad we going all the way next year. Remember dat. Tell em @SemajChriston”

xudash
04-06-2013, 11:22 PM
“@BRandolph3: To bad we going all the way next year. Remember dat. Tell em @SemajChriston”

I can't wait.

nkymuskie
04-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted:

Love that he'll be #3!

I had posted this a long, long time ago around when he had committed. It led to some discussion about whether those are going to be new uniforms we will be seeing in the near future. He must have reposted that same picture.

GIMMFD
04-07-2013, 01:01 PM

I love it. Absolutely love it.

Masterofreality
04-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I put this in the "Wet the Whistle" thread, but it is a tweet....so-

“@JoshLee_BAHoops: McGary came off the bench about 6-7 times last year. And the reason was Mitch said Jalen Reynolds was deserving.”

UCGRAD4X
04-08-2013, 09:32 AM
I put this in the "Wet the Whistle" thread, but it is a tweet....so-

“@JoshLee_BAHoops: McGary came off the bench about 6-7 times last year. And the reason was Mitch said Jalen Reynolds was deserving.”

Love that he'll be #3!

Keep this up and my whistle won't be the only thing wetted...

PMI
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
“@CoachFlan: Refs control every game, you cannot convince me otherwise! And they do determine outcomes”

So speaks Eric Flannery, Head Basketball Coach of the St. Edward High School Eagles. A State Championship winning head coach, and a class act who never argues with refs.

This is the smartest thing I've heard a coach say in quite some time. I don't understand why it's so taboo to complain about refereeing, especially in basketball where you see the poorest officiating at every level, in my opinion. People are allowed to say a coach was out coached or that a player played poorly, but if you say the refs did a terrible job, people say you're an excuse-maker. The truth is, whether people want to admit it or not, basketball referees routinely decide the outcomes of games, just as much as players or coaches do quite often. Bad calls can kill momentum, change the lineups on the floors, and sometimes just downright eliminate a team's chances of winning. But if coaches share their real opinions on them, they get fined. It's bullshit. I hate refs. Their jobs aren't easy, but I'm sick of the idea that you shouldn't blame refs when often times they deserve as much as or more of the blame than anyone else for outcomes.

D-West & PO-Z
04-08-2013, 05:07 PM
This is the smartest thing I've heard a coach say in quite some time. I don't understand why it's so taboo to complain about refereeing, especially in basketball where you see the poorest officiating at every level, in my opinion. People are allowed to say a coach was out coached or that a player played poorly, but if you say the refs did a terrible job, people say you're an excuse-maker. The truth is, whether people want to admit it or not, basketball referees routinely decide the outcomes of games, just as much as players or coaches do quite often. Bad calls can kill momentum, change the lineups on the floors, and sometimes just downright eliminate a team's chances of winning. But if coaches share their real opinions on them, they get fined. It's bullshit. I hate refs. Their jobs aren't easy, but I'm sick of the idea that you shouldn't blame refs when often times they deserve as much as or more of the blame than anyone else for outcomes.

The problem is when people blame the refs after every loss and completely fail to recognize when refs may have actually won them a game. I dont disagree that refs affect a lot of games and that sucks but a lot of times fans, especially Xavier fans, complain about the refs after every loss. It doesnt ALWAYS go against you when refs mess up.

smileyy
04-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Truth. There's a ton of bad calls in college basketball (partly because some of the rules suck), and fans never remember the ones they get the benefit of.

PMI
04-08-2013, 07:55 PM
The problem is when people blame the refs after every loss and completely fail to recognize when refs may have actually won them a game. I dont disagree that refs affect a lot of games and that sucks but a lot of times fans, especially Xavier fans, complain about the refs after every loss. It doesnt ALWAYS go against you when refs mess up.

Especially Xavier fans? Please. You must not have much experience with any other fan bases. It's sports fans in general. There are three types. People who always blame the refs (who are in the vast minority), people who refuse to blame the refs because they think it's just excuse making, and people who actually pay freaking attention to what's going on. These three groups make up literally every fan base in every sport. All I'm saying is that I get annoyed by those who fall in the group that think it's nothing but an excuse to recognize poor officiating as a factor in a win or loss. "We have nobody to blame but ourselves, there are bad calls on both sides every game, etc." Poor calls are not always (in fact usually not) split evenly between both sides. Bad calls CAN lose you games. Yet certain people still stubbornly look at most any complaining about officiating as out of bounds. Those are the people who fail to see just how bad officiating in basketball at every level has gotten. The NBA is borderline pro wrestling at times in terms of how the outcome is decided.

GoMuskies
04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
I generally won't complain about refffing for a Xavier game (afterwards), because I'm biased, and I know I'm biased, and I know everyone discussing it here is biased, and our observations are generally going to be colored by that bias. And also because while people are plenty happy to discuss the reffing that they think cost their team the game, I'm not sure I've ever heard a fan of a team tell me that their team won because the refs screwed the other side.

LA Muskie
04-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Especially Xavier fans? Please. You must not have much experience with any other fan bases. It's sports fans in general. There are three types. People who always blame the refs (who are in the vast minority), people who refuse to blame the refs because they think it's just excuse making, and people who actually pay freaking attention to what's going on. These three groups make up literally every fan base in every sport. All I'm saying is that I get annoyed by those who fall in the group that think it's nothing but an excuse to recognize poor officiating as a factor in a win or loss. "We have nobody to blame but ourselves, there are bad calls on both sides every game, etc." Poor calls are not always (in fact usually not) split evenly between both sides. Bad calls CAN lose you games. Yet certain people still stubbornly look at most any complaining about officiating as out of bounds. Those are the people who fail to see just how bad officiating in basketball at every level has gotten. The NBA is borderline pro wrestling at times in terms of how the outcome is decided.

In my experience the first category -- "People who always blame the refs" -- may be in the "vast minority" by sheer numbers, but they tend to be -- by far -- the most vocal.

Bad calls cost teams games, no doubt. But by that same token they also win games for teams -- yet you rarely (if ever) hear a fan admit that. And most often, bad calls don't affect the outcome. Yet if the game was remotely close, the most vocal fans will almost always blame the officials anyway.

DC Muskie
04-08-2013, 08:39 PM
I generally won't complain about refffing for a Xavier game (afterwards), because I'm biased, and I know I'm biased, and I know everyone discussing it here is biased, and our observations are generally going to be colored by that bias. And also because while people are plenty happy to discuss the reffing that they think cost their team the game, I'm not sure I've ever heard a fan of a team tell me that their team won because the refs screwed the other side.

I agree with this. And to take it a step further, I tend to look at the whole thing in a general way. We went what, 17-12? How many of those games did we win because the refs screwed the other team? How many did we lose?

At the end of the day, we weren't good enough. Sure refs suck, but so do players, coaches, fans, you, me...we all suck in some way. Nobody is perfect. Blaming and bitching about the refs in such a "in the moment" argument that doesn't really have any shelf life.

I can't recall any fan base, let alone Xavier's who evaluate the players or the coaches and say something like:

I wish Travis would get better positioning to accept an entry pass. Also, I wish the refs who did the game would make sure the guy defending Travis isn't on his back so he can move to the basket to score on a consistent basis.

So at the end of the day, it's about the players. The ten guys on the court who play over 30 games that determine our success. The refs have a terrible job, one that I would never want, so for me complaining about the refs is a waste of time, because it just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

DC Muskie
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
The refs are pretty terrible tonight. How do you miss a kick right in front of you? The guy's leg was about knee high and the ball was thrown right off it. Holy cow!

PMI
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
So at the end of the day, it's about the players. The ten guys on the court who play over 30 games that determine our success. The refs have a terrible job, one that I would never want, so for me complaining about the refs is a waste of time, because it just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

This is precisely what I'm talking about. At the end of the day, it's not just about players and coaches. Refs factor into the discussion too, whether people want to admit it or not. It very well could matter in the grand scheme of things, if the refs were bad enough, which is certainly more than possible. It may be a waste of time, I'll give you that. But to that argument, talking about the game at all could be considered a waste of time. And of course people are going to be more likely to bitch about the refs screwing them after a loss than praise them for a good job after a win. That is what it is, but it doesn't really change the point. We're talking about a game that in the past decade has seen a ref go to prison who claims (not saying he's credible) that gambling affects the outcome of NBA basketball much more than people think. Hell, we just saw the Pac 12 head ref or whatever resign after offering up a bounty for Sean Miller. I realize these are the extremes, but poor officiating happens every night, and the refs just seem to get too much of a free pass for my liking. It doesn't just have to be a big call at the end of the game. Bad officiating can happen at any point. It's part of the game, and it probably gets somewhat closer to evening out over time. Fine. But I just don't like the idea that they should be immune to heavy criticism when they suck at their jobs. You can't bitch about them in your coach's presser or you get fined. Even fans are supposed find other things to blame, as if to take some kind of responsibility on behalf of the team they root for rather than bitching about calls. I would rather everyone was just allowed to be honest about it. Maybe it would make the game more objective in the long run if refs had to face a little more scrutiny. You can't tell me they don't have egos and that some don't get themselves too involved in the game. The Pac 12 is one of the many proofs of it.

LA Muskie
04-08-2013, 09:22 PM
This is precisely what I'm talking about. At the end of the day, it's not just about players and coaches. Refs factor into the discussion too, whether people want to admit it or not. It very well could matter in the grand scheme of things, if the refs were bad enough, which is certainly more than possible. It may be a waste of time, I'll give you that. But to that argument, talking about the game at all could be considered a waste of time. And of course people are going to be more likely to bitch about the refs screwing them after a loss than praise them for a good job after a win. That is what it is, but it doesn't really change the point. We're talking about a game that in the past decade has seen a ref go to prison who claims (not saying he's credible) that gambling affects the outcome of NBA basketball much more than people think. Hell, we just saw the Pac 12 head ref or whatever resign after offering up a bounty for Sean Miller. I realize these are the extremes, but poor officiating happens every night, and the refs just seem to get too much of a free pass for my liking. It doesn't just have to be a big call at the end of the game. Bad officiating can happen at any point. It's part of the game, and it probably gets somewhat closer to evening out over time. Fine. But I just don't like the idea that they should be immune to heavy criticism when they suck at their jobs. You can't bitch about them in your coach's presser or you get fined. Even fans are supposed find other things to blame, as if to take some kind of responsibility on behalf of the team they root for rather than bitching about calls. I would rather everyone was just allowed to be honest about it. Maybe it would make the game more objective in the long run if refs had to face a little more scrutiny. You can't tell me they don't have egos and that some don't get themselves too involved in the game. The Pac 12 is one of the many proofs of it.

Whining is annoying. Even when there is a reason for it.

Xman95
04-08-2013, 09:23 PM
You can't tell me they don't have egos and that some don't get themselves too involved in the game.

Ted Valentine. He didn't get the name TV Ted due to his lack of ego.

flatspat
04-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Ted Valentine. He didn't get the name TV Ted due to his lack of ego.

Bob Knight's favorite ref

flatspat
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
The refs are pretty terrible tonight. How do you miss a kick right in front of you? The guy's leg was about knee high and the ball was thrown right off it. Holy cow!

How does Cahill get to ref a championship game?

GoMuskies
04-08-2013, 09:34 PM

And then they called McGary for traveling with Peyton Siva trying to tackle him. Crazy.

I did not find Beilein's halftime speech particularly inspiring.

DC Muskie
04-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I certainly don't think talking about a game, or the players or coaches of the program I care about is a waste of time. Sure you could extrapolate any argument you want to support your point. But in my opinion I doubt you could come up with specific argument of what our record would be if the refs had been perfect.

I also doubt you could point specifically when refs were really good. I'm sure John Wooden thought he was screwed from time to time. Did the 1976 Indiana team benefit or not from calls the refs made during that season where they never lost? I bet Bob Knight would tell you he overcame all the bad calls. I would bet that Bob Knight would tell you he would have been undefeated every year if it wasn't for the refs.

I totally get the idea that refs are factor. All I'm saying is they are not the determining factor, and aren't worth the time, for me, to bitch about it. That always wasn't the case for me, but going to games and listening to people spend good money to bitch about every play in the game, and reading shit on a messageboard have just made me realize they are not that important to care.

PMI
04-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Whining is annoying. Even when there is a reason for it.

Yea, but everyone does it. Difference is, it's perfectly acceptable to whine about players sucking, coaches sucking, fans sucking, or pretty much everyone besides refs sucking.

GoMuskies
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Yea, but everyone does it. Difference is, it's perfectly acceptable to whine about players sucking, coaches sucking, fans sucking, or pretty much everyone besides refs sucking.

If it's not acceptable, why is there so much whining about reffing? I see it everywhere all the time. The Louisville board is basically unreadable right now because of all the whining. Of course, now that they're ahead they probably think the reffing magically got better.

PMI
04-08-2013, 10:02 PM
I certainly don't think talking about a game, or the players or coaches of the program I care about is a waste of time. Sure you could extrapolate any argument you want to support your point. But in my opinion I doubt you could come up with specific argument of what our record would be if the refs had been perfect.

I also doubt you could point specifically when refs were really good. I'm sure John Wooden thought he was screwed from time to time. Did the 1976 Indiana team benefit or not from calls the refs made during that season where they never lost? I bet Bob Knight would tell you he overcame all the bad calls. I would bet that Bob Knight would tell you he would have been undefeated every year if it wasn't for the refs.

I totally get the idea that refs are factor. All I'm saying is they are not the determining factor, and aren't worth the time, for me, to bitch about it. That always wasn't the case for me, but going to games and listening to people spend good money to bitch about every play in the game, and reading shit on a messageboard have just made me realize they are not that important to care.

First off, there's a major difference between bitching about officiating during the heat of battle and bitching about it well after the fact. I know I say and think irrational things during games all the time but it's not like I'm going to post them all on this board three hours after the game. And of course there's no way to objectively prove how much refs affect a given game, which is why it takes a really obvious bad call down the stretch for there to be any kind of story around bad officiating. But that kind of plays to my point, that being that refs have more immunity to suck (within reason of course) than most.

PMI
04-08-2013, 10:04 PM
If it's not acceptable, why is there so much whining about reffing? I see it everywhere all the time. The Louisville board is basically unreadable right now because of all the whining. Of course, now that they're ahead they probably think the reffing magically got better.

Yea I'm not saying fans don't do it, just aiming the response at that group of fans who think that you should just deal with bad officiating because it's a part of the game, thus it isn't a valid reason for explaining why a team won or lost.

D-West & PO-Z
04-08-2013, 10:10 PM

I have experience with a couple college fan bases and Xavier fans are some of the worst when it comes to whining about refs. At the games and on this message board.

The NBA is referees are much better than college refs and the offense and flow of the game is better because of it. There is too much hand checking in college and the block/charge call is constantly called incorrectly.

I know refs can sometimes determine games with bad calls but most games it is either evenly bad or there isnt one bad call that decides it. Not saying it doesnt happen but not often enough to warrant the bitching sometimes.

D-West & PO-Z
04-08-2013, 10:17 PM
First off, there's a major difference between bitching about officiating during the heat of battle and bitching about it well after the fact.

Not really, why do you think this? You are still biased either way.

PMI
04-08-2013, 10:20 PM
I have experience with a couple college fan bases and Xavier fans are some of the worst when it comes to whining about refs. At the games and on this message board.

The NBA is referees are much better than college refs and the offense and flow of the game is better because of it. There is too much hand checking in college and the block/charge call is constantly called incorrectly.

I know refs can sometimes determine games with bad calls but most games it is either evenly bad or there isnt one bad call that decides it. Not saying it doesnt happen but not often enough to warrant the bitching sometimes.

I think you have a skewed view on Xavier fans, perhaps from living in Cincinnati. It really is all fan bases. Maybe you have an annoying friend or something. Same reason I think (rightfully) that Notre Dame fans are some of the most warped out there.

The NBA game is much different, and I'm not saying the refs aren't "better," but they definitely affect the game in a huge way very often. The calls down the stretch are often comical and come down to who's who. That's exactly what David Stern wants, and I admit it makes for some exciting television. If refs don't suck bad enough to warrant as much bitching as they cause, I'd say neither do coaches, players, fans, ADs, etc.

GoMuskies
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Louisville fans are calling this the worst called game ever tonight. I haven't really noticed the reffing favoring either side. Louisville just fouls more. But Louisville fans swear up and down that it's affecting them in a big way tonight.

D-West & PO-Z
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
I think you have a skewed view on Xavier fans, perhaps from living in Cincinnati. It really is all fan bases. Maybe you have an annoying friend or something. Same reason I think (rightfully) that Notre Dame fans are some of the most warped out there.

The NBA game is much different, and I'm not saying the refs aren't "better," but they definitely affect the game in a huge way very often. The calls down the stretch are often comical and come down to who's who. That's exactly what David Stern wants, and I admit it makes for some exciting television. If refs don't suck bad enough to warrant as much bitching as they cause, I'd say neither do coaches, players, fans, ADs, etc.

Your probably right. But as fans we have to/like to complain when we lose. Only natural.

PMI
04-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Not really, why do you think this? You are still biased either way.

Because it's natural as a fan to yell things during the heat of battle (i.e.. I fucking hate Player A, Player B is so worthless) and then realize when you're calmer that you were reacting out of emotion. Please don't try and tell me I'm making this up. Maybe you're just the most clinically cool fan ever but you'd be in the minority if you don't say or think things during the intensity of the game that you don't later step back and think, "man, I was a little to fired up when I said that."

D-West & PO-Z
Louisville fans are calling this the worst called game ever tonight. I haven't really noticed the reffing favoring either side. Louisville just fouls more. But Louisville fans swear up and down that it's affecting them in a big way tonight.

Terrible call on the block by Burke there. Louisville with a big break. Wow.

LA Muskie
Well that one certainly stunk. And stung.

PMI
04-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Your probably right. But as fans we have to/like to complain when we lose. Only natural.

Well yea. You aren't going to bitch when you win (because that's the only result you're really looking for ultimately) and you aren't going to tell the refs, "thanks for trying your best even though your bad call really hurt us" after losing.

D-West & PO-Z
04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Because it's natural as a fan to yell things during the heat of battle (i.e.. I fucking hate Player A, Player B is so worthless) and then realize when you're calmer that you were reacting out of emotion. Please don't try and tell me I'm making this up. Maybe you're just the most clinically cool fan ever but you'd be in the minority if you don't say or think things during the intensity of the game that you don't later step back and think, "man, I was a little to fired up when I said that."

Yes, about players a lot of times. Usually when I'm pissed about a call during the game though I'm still pissed about it after even if I'm not necessarily correct. I guess maybe with replay and slow motion I see it differently. But I feel like because of my bias I'm just as pissed about a cal I think was bad after the game as I was during the game.

PMI
04-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Yes, about players a lot of times. Usually when I'm pissed about a call during the game though I'm still pissed about it after even if I'm not necessarily correct. I guess maybe with replay and slow motion I see it differently. But I feel like because of my bias I'm just as pissed about a cal I think was bad after the game as I was during the game.

Depends on the outcome. But for me, a lot of the times when I watch X replays the next night, I'll see some of the calls a little differently, unless they were too obvious to miss or were shown in a bunch of replays. My point is, there's a huge difference between bitching about a call during the heat of battle and coming onto a message board with it plenty of time later, barring a situation where it really was too awful or too much of an impact not to. I really don't see that much bitching on this board about refs compared to what I hear when I'm at a sporting event or a bar watching something.

BBC 08
04-08-2013, 10:37 PM
So, does anyone have a tweet we would love?

paulxu
04-08-2013, 10:51 PM
So, does anyone have a tweet we would love?

If I knew how to tweet I'd send you something about the Cards...but you may be trying to forget them already. (13-4)

GoMuskies
04-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Michael Jordan‏@Official_MJ233m
If you blame refs every time your team loses........ You might want to start another hobby... #QuoteThat

GoMuskies
04-08-2013, 10:58 PM
The Irrational Fan‏@Irrational_Fan9m
Congrats to the refs for winning Louisville's championship tonight! Rick Pitino and his illegitimate children thank you!

BBC 08
04-08-2013, 11:00 PM
If I knew how to tweet I'd send you something about the Cards...but you may be trying to forget them already. (13-4)

Public reps since the man is holding me down. That was good.

LA Muskie
04-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Ha!!! “@patkelsey: Good evening America, my name is Doug Gottlieb and I'm smarter than you. #chilloutman”

XUFan09
04-09-2013, 07:32 AM

Yeah, there were definitely some poor calls that favored Louisville too, like Burke's "foul" on Siva that was really just a nasty block. That one especially hurt Michigan, because it was late in the game.

ammtd34
04-09-2013, 07:41 AM
There isn't any way around the fact that last night was a horribly officiated game (to everyone except Dan Dakich, apparently). The possession before Burke's clean block, Hancock traveled twice, Behanan got killed on a rebound, traveled, then got killed on his putback.

Referees being bad isn't always an excuse, sometimes it can be a fact.

ammtd34
04-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Ha!!! “@patkelsey: Good evening America, my name is Doug Gottlieb and I'm smarter than you. #chilloutman”

Gottlieb is an idiot. He came back from a commercial after the game and said Beilein had to be kicking himself for sitting Burke. "He sat him with two fouls. You know how many fouls he finished with? Two. So you saved him, but you lost the championship."

He had four fouls. Gottlieb must not have been paying attention to the last minute when Burke couldn't foul.

DC Muskie
04-09-2013, 07:47 AM
There isn't any way around the fact that last night was a horribly officiated game (to everyone except Dan Dakich, apparently). The possession before Burke's clean block, Hancock traveled twice, Behanan got killed on a rebound, traveled, then got killed on his putback.

Referees being bad isn't always an excuse, sometimes it can be a fact.

I think refs can solve 90% of their bad calls by being in better position. Far too often calls are made where there is no way the ref who made the call was in a position to see a foul.

PMI
04-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I think refs can solve 90% of their bad calls by being in better position. Far too often calls are made where there is no way the ref who made the call was in a position to see a foul.

Agreed. I think there should be another ref or two out there.

I actually didn't think the officiating was that bad last night. I mean there were some rough calls but nothing that made me think they blew the game.

And yes, Doug Gotlieb is unbearable. Captain Hindsight clearly would've done a better job of coaching Michigan last night than Belein did. I know that based on how unwavering his every thought is. The funny thing is, had Burke gone back in in the first half and picked up some tick tack foul, you can bet your life that Gotlieb would've been sitting there with that douchey face and voice of his telling us all how he would've sat Burke the rest of the half. It's easy to be a perfect decision maker when you have 20/20 hindsight. Perhaps if he had that luxury when he was at Notre Dame, more credit cards would've been safe.

DC Muskie
04-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Agreed. I think there should be another ref or two out there.

I actually didn't think the officiating was that bad last night. I mean there were some rough calls but nothing that made me think they blew the game.

Did you see this? I'm halfway through reading it. Pretty interesting stuff.

http://deadspin.com/the-art-of-screwing-up-how-ncaa-refs-live-with-their-m-471284937

PMI
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM

http://deadspin.com/the-art-of-screwing-up-how-ncaa-refs-live-with-their-m-471284937

I've only skimmed through it so far but I can tell I'm going to like this!

GoMuskies
04-09-2013, 11:16 AM

Excellent find.

DC Muskie
04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Excellent find.

Every four or five years I come up with one thing that is worthwhile.

It's good to get it out of the way.

ammtd34
04-09-2013, 12:28 PM

To clarify, I don't think they blew it either. I just thought it was terrible all the way around. It's a good things the teams were really good, because if they played poorly, the refereeing would have more of the spotlight.

xudash
04-09-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm not taking a dig at anyone posting in this recent string of ref-related posts, but would someone please ping everyone when this thread gets back to focusing on tweets that we love. Thank you.

DC Muskie
04-09-2013, 03:51 PM
It never ceases to amaze me when people feel a thread has gotten too far off topic. I doubt we would keep talking about the refs, but that's just where the conversation went. If you want to read more tweets that you love...go find them and post them.

In trying to ensure I don't veer this thread even more off topic and really frustrate others, I offer this hilarious bit of college basketball news:

@AdamZagoria: Memphis Grizzlies asst Henry Bibby looking to become a college coach

wkrq59
04-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Excellent find.

Agreed. Pretty well written but needs an editor.

BMoreX
04-30-2013, 08:28 AM
@MarioMercurio: Always shoot to have our non-conference schedule done by May 1. Many details to still iron out with TV, but opponents almost all locked in.

BMoreX
04-30-2013, 11:07 AM
@CoachChrisMack: Blackout here at Cintas. Never seen that before. Hey @GATechAD you forget to pay the energy bill before you left?!?

xudash
04-30-2013, 12:11 PM
@CoachChrisMack: Blackout here at Cintas. Never seen that before. Hey @GATechAD you forget to pay the energy bill before you left?!?

That's funny. Chris has a great sense of humor.

Masterofreality
05-02-2013, 02:13 AM
“@franfraschilla: Good thing the Nuggets got out of town. Colorado Global Warming Conference cancelled today because of the snowstorm.”

Masterofreality
05-03-2013, 01:49 PM
“@JonRothstein: The start of college basketball season has officially been bumped up two weeks. Practice now starts up on 9/27. Great news for all of us.”

muskiefan82
05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
“@JonRothstein: The start of college basketball season has officially been bumped up two weeks. Practice now starts up on 9/27. Great news for all of us.”

Anything that makes it start sooner is ok with me. Let's make it June 15th.

paulxu
05-05-2013, 07:49 AM
shsbulldogs2012 Great transition offensive philosophy from @CoachChrisMack at @ibcacoaches clinic. Good to meet u coach. Bigger Xavier fan after today.

robert_coach Great @ibcacoaches clinic thx 2 speakers 4 sharing. Glad I stayed 2 hear Coach Mack! 5v5 is tough 2 coach - I love transition talk #attack

Mack getting some plaudits after being the last speaker at Illinois Coaching Clinic. Good way to keep the recruiting pipelines open.
He seemed to be the only one the coaches themselves bothered to tweet about.
I always think we play very little transition offense. Interesting to me that was his topic, and well received.
Maybe with shorter clock and different team make-up next year we will play more offense in transition. Hope so.

Masterofreality
05-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Mack getting some plaudits after being the last speaker at Illinois Coaching Clinic. Good way to keep the recruiting pipelines open.
He seemed to be the only one the coaches themselves bothered to tweet about.
I always think we play very little transition offense. Interesting to me that was his topic, and well received.
Maybe with shorter clock and different team make-up next year we will play more offense in transition. Hope so.

If you recall, when we had a deeper team, we'd get down the court and answer the oppositions baskets quickly. Last year was a factor of a short bench.

With a full roster, we'll play faster.

MarvAlbert
05-05-2013, 06:55 PM
If you recall, when we had a deeper team, we'd get down the court and answer the oppositions baskets quickly. Last year was a factor of a short bench.

With a full roster, we'll play faster.

I think Mack is recruiting with the transition game in mind...

Mike Richardson ‏@Richardsonmike2
2014 (MI) PG Edmond Sumner will announce his decision between Xavier & Umass tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdzrN9H8eqs

mistabeecee41
05-05-2013, 07:07 PM

2014 (MI) PG Edmond Sumner will announce his decision between Xavier & Umass tomorrow.

Mack also probably knows there is a large chance Semaj isn't here for 14-15.

Xman95
05-05-2013, 07:29 PM
That video raises this question: can he shoot outside of five feet? Seems everything on there was a layup (and one dunk). But he does look to have ability and could be a gem once he grows into his body. (I'm assuming he hit a growth spurt and that's why he looks like he weighs 30 pounds.)

MarvAlbert
05-05-2013, 07:50 PM
That video raises this question: can he shoot outside of five feet? Seems everything on there was a layup (and one dunk). But he does look to have ability and could be a gem once he grows into his body. (I'm assuming he hit a growth spurt and that's why he looks like he weighs 30 pounds.)
He did an interview at http://www.umhoops.com/2013/03/13/qa-edmond-sumner-talks-win-over-chandler-park-recruiting/. Here are some of his answers-

How tall are you, and how much do you weigh these days?
“I’m like 6’3’’, 6’4’’ and I weigh 150.”

How much weight have you gained lately?
“Yeah. Since last year, I’ve gained over 20 pounds. Last year I was only like 130.

X Factor
05-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah Edmond is seriously thin, but he does look like he could still be growing. He's probably only 17 years old. He has great size (length) for a point guard though.

I saw another video of him where he was knocking down jump shots so he is a capable shooter.

Sounds like he would be a very nice pick up for Xavier.

dedley
05-06-2013, 01:52 AM
maybe i should try that tweet...

Masterofreality
05-06-2013, 11:30 AM
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Allerik Freeman took visits to Minnesota & Xavier this past week. Baylor is also school involved & is supposed to get a visit this week.”

Xman95
05-06-2013, 12:15 PM
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Allerik Freeman took visits to Minnesota & Xavier this past week. Baylor is also school involved & is supposed to get a visit this week.”

So you're saying he might get bought, er, offered by Baylor?

Juice
05-06-2013, 12:29 PM
So you're saying he might get bought, er, offered by Baylor?

But Scott Drew is a Christian! He would never cheat!

Xman95
05-06-2013, 12:59 PM
But Scott Drew is a Christian! He would never cheat!

YEAH...what he said!!

http://www.thehallofinfamy.org/images/con_artists/photo_4.jpg
http://www.libertyadvocate.com/Judgin1.jpg

kyxu
05-06-2013, 03:22 PM

So when is this guy supposed to announce?

muskiefan82
05-06-2013, 03:25 PM
IS the choice between X and UMass really something that needs pondering? I mean either you are good or you go to UMass.

crolfes12
05-06-2013, 04:34 PM
His announcement is being pushed back

MarvAlbert
05-06-2013, 06:06 PM
His announcement is being pushed back

If I had to guess, all the fans tweetimg him scared him off...Or this was a play to get a Michigan offer that didn't pan out

MarvAlbert
05-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Indy Journal ‏@IndyJournal

IU basketball: Remy Abell will transfer to St. Louis, St. Mary's or Xavier: Remy Abell announced three weeks ago... http://dlvr.it/3LH7BG

Masterofreality
05-07-2013, 07:30 PM

IU basketball: Remy Abell will transfer to St. Louis, St. Mary's or Xavier: Remy Abell announced three weeks ago... http://dlvr.it/3LH7BG

Just saw that. Would make me feel much better if he comes.

xudash
05-07-2013, 07:57 PM

At least we recruited him out of high school.

Has to be somewhat of a relationship there.

St. Mary's?

PMI
05-08-2013, 12:23 AM
All three schools all smaller, Catholic institutions with good academics, that have NCAA tournament contending programs. While there was plenty of speculation that he was forced out of IU, it also seems that he's looking for a completely different atmosphere altogether. I don't know much about him. His numbers are pretty underwhelming but he was obviously on a stacked team at IU.

XUFan09
05-08-2013, 12:58 AM
His Kenpom numbers are actually pretty good. All his raw numbers are suppressed by having to play behind a national player of the year candidate (Oladipo), along with other very good players. He had a usage rate of 17% (role player) in his limited minutes, so he wasn't ignored when he was on the floor. He managed a very good effective field goal percentage (55.1%) and true shooting percentage (59.6%). Shooting 48.5% from deep helps those numbers, but he made 46.2% of his shots from inside the line too (and 75% of his FTs). His A/T ratio isn't good, but he got to the line at a decent rate and got called for fouls at an average rate. One thing you shouldn't expect from him is to rebound well from the guard/wing position. Not terrible, but really not much going on there either.

Masterofreality
05-11-2013, 01:11 PM
“@23Abell: Enjoying my time here!!!”

Masterofreality
05-11-2013, 01:22 PM
@jmart202: Not the earliest start but I'm up and attacking the gym and my day. #neverstops #itsmytime

gladdenguy
05-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Running out of time Justin.

XUFan09
05-11-2013, 05:21 PM

I know Justin Martin has been connected with Xavier for a long time now, but his college career is really only half over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

D-West & PO-Z
05-11-2013, 11:22 PM

You could have replaced "Justin" with any number of XU players at this point in their careers who went on to have great Xavier careers.

Kahns Krazy
05-12-2013, 01:08 PM

This amuses me. By failing to insert the space between "a" and "part", this actually says the opposite of what you meant. I ding resumes with this kind of careless error all day long, and I'm sure 99% of them never have any clue why they aren't getting called back.

Kahns Krazy
05-12-2013, 01:19 PM
And back on topic, my favorite tweet I saw this week said "If you don't have anything nice to say, tweet that shit!".

MuskiePimp23
05-12-2013, 04:58 PM
This amuses me. By failing to insert the space between "a" and "part", this actually says the opposite of what you meant. I ding resumes with this kind of careless error all day long, and I'm sure 99% of them never have any clue why they aren't getting called back.

That explains a lot about you. I don't check my punctuation and grammer that closely when posting on a message board.

gladdenguy
05-12-2013, 06:56 PM
I know Justin Martin has been connected with Xavier for a long time now, but his college career is really only half over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

If he plays like he did up to this point for another year......I don't see him coming back for a 5th.

Masterofreality
05-12-2013, 07:38 PM
@DaveTelep: Edmond Sumner texted. He's going to Xavier. Story coming on @RecruitingESPN

Masterofreality
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
@TF_32: Just verbally committed to Xavier!

Edmond Sumner. Whooooo Hoooooo!

PMI
05-13-2013, 10:23 AM
You could have replaced "Justin" with any number of XU players at this point in their careers who went on to have great Xavier careers.

No doubt. The common denominator between all those guys was the serious hard work they put in. I just hope Martin is going to be the same, and a tweet from him (which we've heard from him before) mean absolutely nothing until I see it.

mistabeecee41
05-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Mario Mercurio ‏@MarioMercurio 55s

Today was officially "Day 1" for @JalenReynolds and @mdavis15 as a part of our program at X. It was a long road and they never wavered!

Masterofreality
05-13-2013, 08:53 PM
mario mercurio ‏@mariomercurio 55s

today was officially "day 1" for @jalenreynolds and @mdavis15 as a part of our program at x. It was a long road and they never wavered!

like!!!!!!!!

xudash
05-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Mario Mercurio ‏@MarioMercurio 55s

Today was officially "Day 1" for @JalenReynolds and @mdavis15 as a part of our program at X. It was a long road and they never wavered!

Go X!!!

Love it.

Lloyd Braun
05-15-2013, 05:57 PM
@MarioMercurio: Congratulations to incoming Xavier freshman @BRandolph3 on coming in at #81 on Scout's Final Top 100 for 2013. http://t.co/SmqfXzKPU6

dfcapp
05-16-2013, 01:34 PM
@SLRussell: The newest member of #Xavier's basketball Class of 2013: Bulgarian Aleksander Vezenkov. Has played great competition in last 2 years.

MarvAlbert
05-16-2013, 01:44 PM
@SLRussell: The newest member of #Xavier's basketball Class of 2013: Bulgarian Aleksander Vezenkov. Has played great competition in last 2 years.

I actually had a dream about Xavier next season and he was on the team. I'll go ahead and take credit for this.

xudash
05-16-2013, 02:00 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS!

I have a great gut feeling about this guy. Welcome aboard Aleksander!

BTW, if Bulgarian cuisine features little hot dogs with sauce and a bunch of shredded cheese on top, you will not become homesick.

kyxu
05-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow. This is not a small deal. I thought for certain dude was just gonna play professionally in Europe, but happy to be wrong.

Pretty big get for Xavier.

TUclutch
05-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Any highlight videos?

Edit: 6'8 215

Hope we get Remy Abell too

crolfes12
05-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Anyone have measurables(ht/wt?) etc for him? Any highlight videos?

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Aleksandar_Vezenkov/Aris_Thessaloniki/203543

crolfes12
05-16-2013, 02:22 PM
I think we are all wondering one thing... Is he eligible???

LA Muskie
05-16-2013, 02:27 PM
I think we are all wondering one thing... Is he eligible???

Supposedly yes. His father is involved in pro ball in Europe and supposedly took great care to make sure his son's amateur eligibility was preserved. But like everyone else, he will have to go through the NCAA Clearinghouse. Which means "who the hell knows?"

Pluto
05-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Raphielle Johnson ‏@raphiellej 21m
Anyone up at Xavier have PowerBall numbers for tomorrow's drawing? Thanks.

paulxu
05-18-2013, 03:28 PM
kamall richards ‏@mally2_3 22h
I can't wait to go to Xavier

Brandon Randolph ‏@BRandolph3
@SemajChriston yes man I'm ready to get started.

Remy Abell ‏@23Abell 22h
I want to thank everyone for their support. I will miss my Hoosier family but I am happy to be joining my new Xavier family

wkrq59
05-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Supposedly yes. His father is involved in pro ball in Europe and supposedly took great care to make sure his son's amateur eligibility was preserved. But like everyone else, he will have to go through the NCAA Clearinghouse. Which means "who the hell knows?"

LA, You are beginning to sound like me when I mention the NCAA. Which is to say I don't think to much of that organization. Wonder how much you have to send 'em or who you have to be or know or have to fellate to get a favorable ruling in time for you to start a season with your full complement of players signed. I think past actions re: Xavier have shown whatever it is has never been enough. See Myles Davis per e.g.
:bigstick::chokeout::dizzy::lmao:

Cheesehead
05-19-2013, 03:08 PM
NCAA is a joke. To say it's hypocritical is a slight understatement.

sweet16
05-22-2013, 09:43 AM

Is this something you're proud of? You wouldn't consider taking 20 seconds and sending an email to point out the error? You're a real man for others.

PMI
05-22-2013, 11:07 AM
You're a real man for others.

This has to win this year's the Pot Meet Kettle Award.

blobfan
05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
LA, You are beginning to sound like me when I mention the NCAA. Which is to say I don't think to much of that organization. Wonder how much you have to send 'em or who you have to be or know or have to fellate to get a favorable ruling in time for you to start a season with your full complement of players signed. I think past actions re: Xavier have shown whatever it is has never been enough. See Myles Davis per e.g.
:bigstick::chokeout::dizzy::lmao:

Q, I think NCAA haters are quickly becoming a majority.

MuskiePimp23
05-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Is this something you're proud of? You wouldn't consider taking 20 seconds and sending an email to point out the error? You're a real man for others.

Thank you Sweet16. Kahns needs to get a life...Sorry I didn't proofread a little better...This isn't a resume it is a message board. Kahns are you in HR or are you a hiring manager? If you are in HR, that tells me all I need to know.

Musketeer_15
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
almost every tweet about David West tearing up the Heat :popcorn:

kyxu
05-31-2013, 04:37 PM
From C-Weez:

Jalen Reynolds will be an NBA player in the near future. That kid is LEGIT and he ain't SCARED.

MuskiePimp23
05-31-2013, 09:22 PM
From C-Weez:

I love C-Weez...Jalen Reynolds...the start of PF 2.0 University.

mistabeecee41
06-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I love C-Weez...Jalen Reynolds...the start of PF 2.0 University.

I've never even saw the kid play, but I've been saying this all along. A frontcourt of Philmore and Stainbrook just won't cut it athletically against Big East competition. Expect Jalen to play big minutes despite the struggles freshmen bigs have. He's not going to be a low-post scorer but his strength and athleticism will be needed regardless.

Masterofreality
06-01-2013, 07:32 PM
“@DYoung42: Coach Steele Xavier said Esa Ahmad is a top priority for 2015. Coach Mack loves the big fella! Esa visited the campus yesterday!”

Masterofreality
06-01-2013, 08:02 PM
“@IDoIt_Nike23: Great visit at Xavier ��☝��”

xudash
06-01-2013, 08:05 PM

What do you believe our chances are with this kid MOR?

Masterofreality
06-01-2013, 08:13 PM
What do you believe our chances are with this kid MOR?

Pretty good right now, but there are some big schools like Oh-ho-ho State starting to notice him.

Cleveland kid and is going to be a real good one. Would be sweet to get him.

XU-PA
06-02-2013, 06:30 AM

Come on down to the south side of Ohio young man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjIlaLYefLs

blueblob06
06-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Chris Mack ‏@CoachChrisMack 39m Our staff once watched Coach Coles' UK press conference 20x in a row on youtube after a road game. He will be missed greatly! One of a kind!

Sean Miller ‏@UACoachMiller 2h SW Ohio was blessed to have both Skip Prosser and Charlie Coles. Quite possibly two of the greatest people to have coached college bball!

edsbs ‏@edsbs 1h RT @royhobbson: At 5-Star, I fucked up a drill & Coles grabs me: "Son, you could fall into a pool of titties & come out suckin your thumb."Retweeted by Dana & Victory

BMoreX
06-11-2013, 11:36 AM
@slrussell: Mayor Mark Mallory will declare July 1 "Xavier University joins the Big East Day in Cincinnati." Also...

@slrussell: A Fountain Square celebration will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 1, featuring games, a pep rally & giveaways. #Xavier

@slrussell: July 1 will also be #Xavier Night at the Cincinnati Reds. Coaches Chris Mack and Amy Waugh will be in the Fan Zone for photos & autographs.

bobbiemcgee
06-11-2013, 12:36 PM
A Fountain Square celebration will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 1, featuring games, a pep rally & giveaways. #Xavier

YTG will be in the dunking tank to raise funds for the AAC TV contract.

Smails
06-11-2013, 01:37 PM
YTG will be in the dunking tank to raise funds for the AAC TV contract.

Wait...

I thought he was covering himself in velcro and letting people see how far they could throw him up a wall and make him stick...maybe it's both.

LadyMuskie
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I heard YTG's going to be demonstrating how to remove jerseys from players who stand 6 feet taller than himself. Other lectures provided: How to lose your wife to an assistant coach and How to lose your conference affiliation and go backwards to a lesser conference you were in before you became a bottom feeder in a big name conference. The last one might need to be shortened.

muskiefan82
06-11-2013, 04:50 PM
How to lose your conference affiliation and go backwards to a lesser conference you were in before you became a bottom feeder in a big name conference. The last one might need to be shortened.

Yes. How about "Fast Forward to the Past" since Back to the Future has already been taken?

paulxu
06-11-2013, 04:51 PM
The last one might need to be shortened.

Well, they got the right man for the job.

LadyMuskie
06-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Well, they got the right man for the job.

He's here all night, folks! Tip your waitresses! Try the veal!

BMoreX
06-15-2013, 03:07 PM
“@rickcarter23: #X-markstheSpot!!!

mistabeecee41
06-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 3h
Hearing Xavier's Myles Davis is in the best shape of his life. Will take immense pressure off Semaj Christon. Shot maker. Will add spacing.

Love the sound of this. Seems like he has almost been an after thought with Semaj/Dee coming back and Randolph coming in.

BMoreX
06-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Mario Mercurio ‏@MarioMercurio 4m
Tomorrow, Xavier's @SemajChriston heads to the @NikeBasketball Skills Academy Guard Camp in New Jersey - Hosted by K. Irving & D. Williams.

Mario Mercurio ‏@MarioMercurio 2m
Awesome opportunity for @SemajChriston as he joins the top 10 college guards and the top 20 high school guards in the country. #Compete

xufan02
06-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Edmond Sumner, 2014 verbal, will be a high school participant as well. Xavier current and future point guards.

Masterofreality
06-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Myles Davis might be too. I know he's in New Jersey right now per one of his tweets.

TUclutch
06-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Sorry, but if Myles Davis is there too than its not as highly rated camp as they make it seem. He isn't one of the top 10 college guards. Probably not even top 25

A10fan
06-23-2013, 08:10 PM
How do you know? You haven't seen him play 1 D1 game yet. I doubt he's at the camp but it's pretty presumptuous of you to think he isn't even capable.

TUclutch
06-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Capable sure. Top 10 in the country? No, not yet. Could he end up a top 10 guard one of his yrs at X? Sure. Likely? no.

Heres a list of 20 top guards going into this season.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1672533-projected-stat-lines-for-the-top-20-point-guards-in-ncaa-basketball-for-2014/page/21

Muskie
06-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Capable sure. Top 10 in the country? No, not yet. Could he end up a top 10 guard one of his yrs at X? Sure. Likely? no.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1672533-projected-stat-lines-for-the-top-20-point-guards-in-ncaa-basketball-for-2014/page/21

Where's Churchhill Odia?

xujigga
06-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Odia is too busy shocking the world for some silly camp...

TUclutch
06-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Where's Churchhill Odia?

Very funny.
Thing is, the guys on this list for the most part have had some success in college. Odia never had any

Muskie
06-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Very funny.
Thing is, the guys on this list for the most part have had some success in college. Odia never had any

Sorry I couldn't resist. I happened to be cleaning out some stuff and found an article about the commit from Odia.

More Cowbell
06-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Brewster Head Coach:

Jason Smith (@BrewsterHoops)
6/24/13, 7:09 PM
#Brewster alum I'm looking most forward to seeing this upcoming season is @JalenReynolds #Xavier #BEAST #TRobVersion2.0 @Trobinson0

ammtd34
06-25-2013, 07:16 AM
I suppose I could deal with having a Thomas Robinson.

danaandvictory
06-25-2013, 07:44 AM

Bleacher Report? Seriously?

TUclutch
06-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Its not that hard to screw up. If were looking at the top 10 guards, they list their top 20. Obviously some differing opinions will come up, but out of those 20, there are easily 10 better than Myles Davis. Look at the names they provide and tell me there aren't at least 10 better than M Davis. You can't

A10fan
06-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Its not that hard to screw up. If were looking at the top 10 guards, they list their top 20. Obviously some differing opinions will come up, but out of those 20, there are easily 10 better than Myles Davis. Look at the names they provide and tell me there aren't at least 10 better than M Davis. You can't

There might be 10 better but how do you know? You obviously don't because you haven't seen Davis play yet. It would have been similar to a list when Holloway was coming into X. No one knew he would be as good as he turned out. Bottom line is NO ONE knows and to argue it is pointless.

PMI
06-25-2013, 10:27 AM
I suppose I could deal with having a Thomas Robinson.

Yea, I could live with that.

There might be 10 better but how do you know? You obviously don't because you haven't seen Davis play yet. It would have been similar to a list when Holloway was coming into X. No one knew he would be as good as he turned out. Bottom line is NO ONE knows and to argue it is pointless.

Yes, Myles could turn out to be the best guard in America I suppose, but nobody is going to put a guy they've never seen on such a list unless he's a top 5 type incoming recruit. So it's a very pointless argument. But I think it's very safe to assume Myles is not going to be a top 10 guard in the country. I'd love to eat crow on that but let's be real.

GoMuskies
06-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Myles is definitely one of my top 10 favorite guards in the country. He's in my top 4 even.

RealDeal
06-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Myles is definitely one of my top 10 favorite guards in the country. He's in my top 4 even.

That should count for something.

FIGHTING MUSKETEER
06-25-2013, 12:34 PM
I guess that for the very same argument you can’t say he is a Top Ten material, you can’t say he isn’t either. Now, I guess I can say he is THE top guard in that class, because he decided to be a MUSKETEER and in all Division 1 college basketball there is only one team (up to 13 players every year) that is composed of MUSKETEERS. Now, that may make no sense but is irrefutable. Oh man, my ADD is off the roof. :shocked:

LA Muskie
06-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Wow. This seems like an argument for argument's sake. Myles may well be great. But he's not yet considered to be at that level, and hence wasn't on the invite list. That's not a slight to him or to Muskie Nation. It's just a fact.