PDA

View Full Version : Good Game guys

RRR
02-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Wow what a game. Two teams going back and forth. Just simply one making a few more plays down the stretch. You guys got a great team and considering how young of a team you have its quite amazing how well they have done. That's simply testimony to the talent and coaching. I know a few VCU fans were getting images of the SLU game when we got down 13 early. Great to see our team come back in the second half and find a way to win. I honestly think we really needed this game for so many reasons.

To answer a few questions.

Those blinking things VCU fans had-Those are small VCU pins from the VCU Alumni Association. Those are given out at VCU home games and by the Alumni Association to our fans on the road.

The person with the Ram cape/flag/Ram horn hat is Pav (You can find him posting on vcuramnation like myself). He's one of biggest VCU fans you've ever meet bar none. Guy lives, breathes, and sleeps VCU. Oh and he is married for the person who took a shot at his personal life.

Sidenote: No VCU fan would condone cheering for a injury. Every fanbase has ones that do stupid things. Please don't judge based on one person's tasteless comment. Also I assume the person didn't realize he was actually really hurt and not just trying to play on a injury like some players do.
-------

Anyway, this A10 tourney will be nuts. Hopefully come March Madness we both find ourselves playing. I know our RPI and position overall for a at large is better but I think even if Xavier was given a First Four bid they would make some noise.

Cheesehead
02-23-2013, 09:36 PM
That's all well and nice. The lights are just dumb and PAV is a dork.

Thor in 204
02-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Wow what a game. Two teams going back and forth. Just simply one making a few more plays down the stretch. You guys got a great team and considering how young of a team you have its quite amazing how well they have done. That's simply testimony to the talent and coaching. I know a few VCU fans were getting images of the SLU game when we got down 13 early. Great to see our team come back in the second half and find a way to win. I honestly think we really needed this game for so many reasons.

To answer a few questions.

Those blinking things VCU fans had-Those are small VCU pins from the VCU Alumni Association. Those are given out at VCU home games and by the Alumni Association to our fans on the road.

The person with the Ram cape/flag/Ram horn hat is Pav (You can find him posting on vcuramnation like myself). He's one of biggest VCU fans you've ever meet bar none. Guy lives, breathes, and sleeps VCU. Oh and he is married for the person who took a shot at his personal life.
Sidenote: No VCU fan would condone cheering for a injury. Every fanbase has ones that do stupid things. Please don't judge based on one person's tasteless comment. Also I assume the person didn't realize he was actually really hurt and not just trying to play on a injury like some players do.
-------

Anyway, this A10 tourney will be nuts. Hopefully come March Madness we both find ourselves playing. I know our RPI and position overall for a at large is better but I think even if Xavier was given a First Four bid they would make some noise.

Thanks for the post. Agree it was a good hard fought game. We ran out of gas at the end. We had a lot riding on the game as well. Good luck to VCU as the rest of the season unfolds. Who knows, we may get a rematch in the tourney and have Dee for the whole game with a first experience of HAVOC under our belts. Should that happen, I think we'll have another great game.

OTRMUSKIE
02-24-2013, 10:55 AM

MuskiePimp23
02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
It was a terrible game for us, great game for you...You just overcame the largest second half deficit that Xavier has ever blown in the Cintas Center history and were only the second A-10 team to have won at Cintas Center since 2008. The problem though with Xavier is self-inflicted. Our best player is starting for Arizona and our second best player is starting for Maryland. You add those 2 guys to our roster and we are a Top 15 team. Our problems though are self-inflicted. The clowns we have running the school, the Xavier administration have allowed that stupid fight with uc to dictate whom we keep in school and let go and have thus reduced our roster to having to play 2 walk ons for substantial minutes at times this year. (I include Stenger as a walk on, because he never would be on scholarship if it weren't for the admin.) Enjoy your run in the NCAA tournament. College basketball just isn't the same for me with Xavier sucking so bad and it is all self-inflicted. Our only chance at anything now is to win the A-10 tourney, or this season will have been a complete and total failure in terms of making some progress on the basketball court. I just can't wait for this to all be over, it is like a freaking nightmare.

paulxu
02-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Have you been drinking with Gladden?

RealDeal
02-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm just not clear on whether Xavier's problems are from outside sources or are self inflicted.

ArizonaXUGrad
02-25-2013, 09:29 AM
It was a terrible game for us, great game for you...You just overcame the largest second half deficit that Xavier has ever blown in the Cintas Center history and were only the second A-10 team to have won at Cintas Center since 2008. The problem though with Xavier is self-inflicted. Our best player is starting for Arizona and our second best player is starting for Maryland. You add those 2 guys to our roster and we are a Top 15 team. Our problems though are self-inflicted. The clowns we have running the school, the Xavier administration have allowed that stupid fight with uc to dictate whom we keep in school and let go and have thus reduced our roster to having to play 2 walk ons for substantial minutes at times this year. (I include Stenger as a walk on, because he never would be on scholarship if it weren't for the admin.) Enjoy your run in the NCAA tournament. College basketball just isn't the same for me with Xavier sucking so bad and it is all self-inflicted. Our only chance at anything now is to win the A-10 tourney, or this season will have been a complete and total failure in terms of making some progress on the basketball court. I just can't wait for this to all be over, it is like a freaking nightmare.

This team is average with a bright future with more talent coming in next year. Games like this one go the other way with one or both of the guys we should have had coming into the year. I consider that and realize that our program is just fine with a great coach and better recruiting.

For the VCU a-holes another poster said were cheering when Dee went down, Karma is a bitch. VCU will have to deal with that when it comes around again.

Any word on his injury? Wrist again?

MD Muskie
02-25-2013, 11:12 AM
the injury is concussion related. He took that hit right to the temple. I'd be shocked if he plays tomorrow night.

ArizonaXUGrad
02-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Well damn, I hope the kid is alright.

danaandvictory
02-25-2013, 12:31 PM

You're never going to stop, are you? Just quit watching the games. No one requires you to run through your little spiel after every loss.

XUFan09
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/redundant

xudash
02-25-2013, 02:08 PM

Let's see, a quarter billion dollars in capital projects since 2000.

Across-the-board improvements in academics, leading to various national rankings.

Continuously improving student application pools, and while the school is growing.

A fabulous solution for developing the east end of campus without having to commit one dollar of University capital.

You get to consider all that self-inflicted, too.

Oh, and the men's basketball program, while suffering a hick-up this season, will be just fine moving forward. "Clowns" is it? You're out of your depth on this one.

ArizonaXUGrad
02-25-2013, 02:29 PM

Why do my photo attachments always come out small?

SlimKibbles
02-25-2013, 10:06 PM
My only comment about the game on Saturday is it sucked.

boozehound
02-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I will say this about the game - and I waited several days to say it to make sure it wasn't just sour grapes - the 'havoc' defense is total BS. It's not VCU's fault though. If the officials aren't going to call the fouls, why not foul every player on every possession defensively? It's actually a great strategy. I would expect nothing less from Shaka Smart either - he is a great coach. VCU doesn't seem to have an incredible amount of offensive talent on their team, but they so have a lot of athleticism and depth. So what do you do? You create the 'havoc' defensive scheme in which you play rough defense with a lot of holding and trapping to create easy transition buckets. You bank on the turnovers that you create outweighing the foul discrepency. It works against a lot of teams because the refs aren't going to call 35 fouls on a team. Combine that with the fact that there is virtually no concept of space in basketball today and you have a very good defensive scheme. I have always found it funny how officials will call ticky-tack reaching and bumping fouls, but when 2 players get on either side of the ball handler and violently dry-hump him like those 2 guys on the "A night at the Roxbury" skit on SNL they don't blow a whistle. Trapping a guy is one thing, but when 2 guys body-up on the ball handler I think that should be a foul.

We are going to see more versions of this defense until the officials do something to prevent it.

paulxu
02-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Why do my photo attachments always come out small?

Unless it's a personal photo on your own computer, internet images are very easy to insert.
Find the image on the internet. Copy the URL address.
At the top of the box in which you are writing your "reply" to a thread, is a little square thing, 3 images to the left of the "abc" image.
Click on it. You'll have 2 choices: from your computer,or from a URL.
Click on the URL choice, and uncheck "retrieve remote file."
In the blank address area, "paste" the URL address of the image you copied earlier.
Go Advanced to preview your insert to see if it looks OK
Sounds a little complicated, but is not. The proof of that is that I'm doing it.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3217/3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

MuskiePimp23
02-27-2013, 06:38 PM
You're never going to stop, are you? Just quit watching the games. No one requires you to run through your little spiel after every loss.

I have hardly posted on this board after losses, check my history...Maybe you are talking more about the Scout board as I hardly post on here any longer as this season has been too depressing to do so...I was just educating a Memphis fan who may not be aware of the reasons for our issues this year. I don't care if some of you people think I am redundant, this is a different thread and it is a message board. Don't read it.