PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Crawford Throws Jersey in Stands

kmcrawfo
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Of note on Jordan Crawford in case people are interested:

"Jordan Crawford threw his jersey into the stands after he didn't play against the Raptors on Tuesday.
He's reportedly on the trade block and the Wizards aren't going to get much when he shows his immaturity. Bradley Beal has asserted himself as an up-and-coming guard and there's really no reason to own Crawford in almost any league. On a lighter note, the lady that caught the jersey was trying to sell it."

Source: Michael Lee on Twitter Feb 19 - 9:38 PM

GoMuskies
02-19-2013, 09:44 PM
That guy's a trainwreck.

Juice
02-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Of note on Jordan Crawford in case people are interested:

"Jordan Crawford threw his jersey into the stands after he didn't play against the Raptors on Tuesday.
He's reportedly on the trade block and the Wizards aren't going to get much when he shows his immaturity. Bradley Beal has asserted himself as an up-and-coming guard and there's really no reason to own Crawford in almost any league. On a lighter note, the lady that caught the jersey was trying to sell it."

Source: Michael Lee on Twitter Feb 19 - 9:38 PM

Yeah but wasn't this after the Wizards fans chanted his name before the end of the game?

Cheesehead
02-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Tough to hear that. Saw glimpse of that type of stuff when he was at X. Still think he has talent but NBA has the really talented guys and new ones come along every year. Jordan can't do that stuff or he will be out of the league in a hurry.

ThrowDownDBrown
02-19-2013, 10:42 PM
He needs to get out of DC, that franchise is a train wreck. Feel bad for Wall and Beal cause they'll be there for a while

nuts4xu
02-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Jordan Crawford is much better than the Wizards. Can't wait until he is playing for a legitimate NBA team.

XU-PA
02-20-2013, 06:08 AM
That guy's a trainwreck.

I don't get "trainwreck"
He's the team's #3 scorer. he's on a team that's 20+ games under 500. out of the playoffs and they were losing to a team that is also out, and 10 games under 500. and his +/- is +11.4!!!!!!
The guy was tearing the place up in a dozen games ago then his pushed to the bench.
if he's on the trade block so be it, but you can't be shopped around the league while you're on the bench

GuyFawkes38
02-20-2013, 07:26 AM
There is no shame in throwing your jersey into the crowd. I used to do that after my grade school games. The fans love it.

BlueGuy
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't follow the NBA at all, but it sounds like Jordan is not doing himself any favors with his reputation. I was listening to the SVP & Russillo show on ESPN today. The hosts were clowning on his "me first" attitude today. They actually made fun of him a few times over the course of the last hour. I hope Jordan can get it together, and work things out.

LA Muskie
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Jordan Crawford's reputation in the NBA is pretty bad. Yes, he puts up points for the Wiz but the sense is that on a team like that, someone's going to put up points -- it doesn't necessarily mean much, especially when the person putting up points is considered a shoot-first guard. He also plays a "buyer's market" position -- there is no shortage of serviceable SG's -- especially shoot-first SG's. Plus, that position is probably reloaded via draft every year more than any other position because it draws from college-level 2's and 3's. Add in the reputation for having a bad attitude (real or perceived...I have no idea which it is) and he could be in trouble. He's finishing off his rookie contract. The next one will be much more expensive for teams, and the perceived value over a younger SG probably isn't sufficient to warrant the extra salary.

smileyy
02-20-2013, 02:40 PM
The clock was ticking on Crawford (and he got that message, or should have) as soon as they drafted Bradley Beal with the 3rd overall pick.

The question is, is he valuable to any team but a terrible team? I could see him being useful as an offensive leader on an otherwise defensive-oriented second unit. He's probably not bad as your 8th or 9th most valuable player.

PMI
02-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Jordan Crawford is much better than the Wizards. Can't wait until he is playing for a legitimate NBA team.

Unfortunately, he's not right now, and it all stems from his own shitty attitude.

crolfes12
02-20-2013, 08:25 PM
For those of you with ESPN insider, check out his scouting report, all I have to say is WOW...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/player/hollinger/_/id/4243/jordan-crawford

DC Muskie
02-21-2013, 11:28 AM
I hope he gets traded. The fact is the guy can play and some team will want him.

The Wizards are doing better now that Wall is back. But they are still a mess. And a mess combined with Crawford makes Crawford look worse than he actually is.

GoMuskies
02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
How about Utah? They are always lacking shooters, and they have a system that might be good for Jordan (if he would accept his role in it). Best of all, they don't really play any defense, so he'd fit right in.

mistabeecee41
02-21-2013, 12:03 PM
How about Utah? They are always lacking shooters, and they have a system that might be good for Jordan (if he would accept his role in it). Best of all, they don't really play any defense, so he'd fit right in.

Nothing yet but apparently the 2 most likely destinations (if a trade is made) would be Dallas or Boston. Both would be great places for him. Doc and Carlisle would whip him into shape. Randy Wittman on the other hand is a joke and Crawford knows it.

Masterofreality
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Unfortunately, JCraws' rep in the league is that he A) Shoots first and asks questions later and B) Plays no Defense.

That will get you traded....quickly.

BBC 08
02-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Chad Ford ✔ @chadfordinsider

90 minutes left before Trade Deadline and Jordan Crawford is the hottest trade rumor … This one could be ugly

GoMuskies
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
This one could be ugly

What, is he getting traded to Yakima for a box of basketballs? How could it be ugly?

BlueGuy
02-21-2013, 12:46 PM
What, is he getting traded to Yakima for a box of basketballs? How could it be ugly?

Some NBA guy on ESPN radio said Crawford might be traded for a 2nd round pick (in a bad draft year)... I guess that's the ugly part?

BBC 08
02-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah, from what I can tell on twitter is that it'll be ugly because he is better than what the Wizards will be getting for him.

mistabeecee41
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Some NBA guy on ESPN radio said Crawford might be traded for a 2nd round pick (in a bad draft year)... I guess that's the ugly part?

per David Aldridge, J-Craw is a Boston Celtic.

kmcrawfo
02-21-2013, 01:00 PM
According to NBA.com, the Wizards will send Jordan Crawford to Boston.

GoMuskies
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Low risk, possibly high reward for Boston, I suppose. If he doesn't shape up, they'll just anchor him to the bench.

GoMuskies
02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
In unrelated tradeing deadline news, Sebastian Telfair got traded today. Did anyone know he was still in the league? This is the kid Pitino recruited to Louisville instead of Rajon Rondo (who is from Louisville Eastern H.S.). Good call.

kmcrawfo
02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
traded for Leandro Barbosa. Barbosa tore his ACL and is out for the year. I guess for the expiring contract. Washington must have really wanted to get rid of Crawford. Should be a good deal for the C's as they have the vet leadership and coaching Crawford needs.

GoMuskies
02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Bill Simmons is on board!

ESPNNBA The NBA on ESPN
RT @BillSimmons: Well, it took about 20 minutes... I've totally talked myself into the Jordan Crawford era. NBA FINALS HERE WE COME!
about a minute ago

PMI
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Well, from a Wizards perspective, I'm sure glad we got Barbosa's expiring contract instead of Fab Melo. After cleaning house last year, I'd have been pissed if they had traded one knucklehead for another during this rebuilding project. I probably would've taken a second round pick instead of Melo. Basically we just got rid of a guy who refused to buy into what we were building. Time to move on. As for Crawford, I'm not sure I see it working for him, but I hope it does. Hopefully Garnett and Pierce and the other Boston vets whip his ass into line. He was around a couple decent young guys and otherwise just a complete bunch of morons in Atlanta and Washington, so it's not much of a surprise that his attitude has sucked thus far. He's going to need to change that and hopefully Doc will make that happen.

PMI
02-21-2013, 02:12 PM
In unrelated tradeing deadline news, Sebastian Telfair got traded today. Did anyone know he was still in the league? This is the kid Pitino recruited to Louisville instead of Rajon Rondo (who is from Louisville Eastern H.S.). Good call.

I remember when Telfair was a rock star in high school. That story didn't exactly pan out as planned.

smileyy
02-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I remember when Telfair was a rock star in high school. That story didn't exactly pan out as planned.

I feel like this is true of a lot of 6' point guards. Quick enough to dominate in high school is a whole lot different than quick enough to dominate in the NBA.

smileyy
02-21-2013, 02:30 PM
PMI - any sense of how much longer the Wizards wait on John Wall to be useful?

GoMuskies
02-21-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm shocked that Telfair has had a ten year NBA career grossing over $16 million in salary, though. Not exactly a sad story for him. I think he got a multi-million dollar shoe deal initially as well.

MD Muskie
02-21-2013, 02:34 PM
He needs to get out of DC, that franchise is a train wreck. Feel bad for Wall and Beal cause they'll be there for a while

I believe that Wall's contract is up after next season, and I would be shocked if he resigned with this team as long as Ernie Grunfeld is the GM. I fully expect Wall to explode next year and get a lucrative contract with some other team.

paulxu
02-21-2013, 02:39 PM
His twitter page says he is still on a mission to become the greatest.

And he does have a link there to goxavier...so he's got that going for him.

BlueGuy
02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
How come this thread doesn't show up over on the right side of the home page, under "recent threads"?

DC Muskie
02-21-2013, 02:51 PM

They have a winning record since Wall's return.

paulxu
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Doesn't look like any posts in the Temporary Forum show up over there.

PMI
02-21-2013, 03:25 PM

I strongly believe the franchise (and not just that moronic GM Ernie Grunfeld) has every intention on continuing to ride John Wall into the future. There's no reason he shouldn't become one of the elite true point guards in the league. Well, OK, there's the jump shot, but with some of the extremely rare talents he has, it's not something he will or should ever have to lean on anyway. And that's not to say he hasn't been useful so far. The Wizards are actually playing pretty good basketball since he's been back. With a few frustrating exceptions, they have played very good defense since he's been back, and are extremely good on transition offense and defense. John Wall changes everything in that regard. He can create turnovers unlike most guard and once he's free it's over. His speed with the ball in his hands is second to none in the world. He is extremely athletic and an outstanding passer both on the break and in the half court, and he can fix a broken play by himself and get to the rack or find wide open shooters. He's got a lot of the natural things you need. He needs to become a little more disciplined at times with turnovers and defensive gambles/fouls, but that's what you live with.

Given what he's had around him here in his young career, and the interruptions due to injuries, I'd say he's been a very strong player so far. He's not an instant All-Star like Irving or Rose, which is to say he's not the scorer they are yet, but I certainly believe he's a guy you can build a franchise around. The team really needs talent on the wings. Beal should pan out to be a good player, but in the NBA you need some serious scoring punch at the 3 and 4 spots to compete night in and night out, and the Wizards don't have that. Nene is solid. Guys like Martell Webster can fill roles. But the Wizards are basically a .500 type team with Wall, without all that much more talent around him. True point guards need the talent around them and if they're smart the team will do everything it can to build around him.

His twitter page says he is still on a mission to become the greatest.

And he does have a link there to goxavier...so he's got that going for him.

I have no doubt he is on a mission to be the greatest, but he needs to learn what that actually means. He's definitely talented enough to be a really good player in the league.

MD Muskie
02-21-2013, 03:51 PM
The Wizards will always be an also-ran in the NBA until the league itself does something to create a real competitive balance, and they have to fire their GM, Ernie Grunfeld. There is no real reason for free agents to come and even more of a reason for potential to be stars to leave when their contract is up. This league is about stars and where those stars are most marketable. Until that is fixed then only LA, Boston, Miami, Chicago, and NY will be real contenders for stars and championships.

mistabeecee41
02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
The Wizards will always be an also-ran in the NBA until the league itself does something to create a real competitive balance, and they have to fire their GM, Ernie Grunfeld. There is no real reason for free agents to come and even more of a reason for potential to be stars to leave when their contract is up. This league is about stars and where those stars are most marketable. Until that is fixed then only LA, Boston, Miami, Chicago, and NY will be real contenders for stars and championships.

Not 100% true. San Antonio and Oklahoma City have done a good job in recent years.

smileyy
02-21-2013, 03:59 PM
LA, Boston, Miami, Chicago, and NY will be real contenders for stars and championships.

New York? Have you been watching the same Knicks and Nets teams I have?

Titles in the last 15 years:
LAL: 5
San Antonio: 4
Chicago: 2 (none since Jordan)
Miami: 2
Boston: 1
Dallas: 1
Detroit: 1

There's not a competitive balance problem. There's a Washington Wizards problem.

Nobody thought of Miami as a prime FA destination until LeBron went there. You can't really make a competitive balance argument about the NBA by saying "The team that has the best player in the league has an advantage." That's how the NBA works.

xubball1993
02-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Huge Celtics fan from growing up in Beantown as a kid. Hope Crawford can spark the old guys to make a playoff run. Love that I get to root for a Xavier player on my NBA team.

PMI
02-21-2013, 04:48 PM
The Wizards will always be an also-ran in the NBA until they change their name to anything other than the Wizards

Had to make a correction for you. Seriously though, I disagree that DC can't be a winning basketball town. Any town can be the town. It's about the franchise and in particular having the star(s) to build around. You're right that Ernie needs to go. That needed to happen years ago. As we both know, Leonsis tends to be loyal, sometimes to a fault, to GMs. The NBA does, unfortunately, allow stars to build their own teams to an extent that other sports wouldn't allow. But that could just as easily happen here if we draft(ed) a half of fame type. I mean that's what you need, honestly. You can't win the NBA title without a hall of famer or two, in most years. Either way though, DC is a large market and a good basketball town. Sure as hell better than Miami. I cannot blame the NBA for the Wizards sucking, even if I can point to other things they do to screw up the competitive balance. If we happened to hit the lottery in, say, Durant's year, we might well be the only franchise in the east competing the Heat for a title appearance this year. It really just comes down to having that guy, or maybe a couple of them.

Edit: Smileyy pretty much beat me to the punch.

GoMuskies
02-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Utah has been in the playoffs almost every single year forever. There's no reason D.C. can't produce a team as good as SLC.

D-West & PO-Z
02-21-2013, 05:08 PM
There's not a competitive balance problem. There's a Washington Wizards problem.

Nobody thought of Miami as a prime FA destination until LeBron went there. You can't really make a competitive balance argument about the NBA by saying "The team that has the best player in the league has an advantage." That's how the NBA works.

Agreed completely.

On a side note I am a huge Knicks fan and went to the game in Indy last night. Yikes! It was terrible and made the drive home that much worse.

Still think the Knicks will get back on track though. Just really need a top 3 seed. Currently #2.

paulxu
02-21-2013, 06:22 PM
On a side note I am a huge Knicks fan and went to the game in Indy last night. Yikes! It was terrible and made the drive home that much worse.

What the...? Who is that in your avatar? Didn't you like his 18/9? They were +25 while he was on the court.

D-West & PO-Z
02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
What the...? Who is that in your avatar? Didn't you like his 18/9? They were +25 while he was on the court.

That was the only good thing about the game. Love me some D-West.

PMI
02-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Agreed completely.

Still think the Knicks will get back on track though. Just really need a top 3 seed. Currently #2.

I'm not a big believer in the Knicks in the playoffs. I mean, they could possibly make it to the Eastern Finals with the right draws and having everything go right, but I don't see it. Melo has not been the same MVP type since Amare returned in my opinion. I think they would have a tough time with Indiana and Chicago, and I think taking four against the Heat would be nearly impossible. But I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Honestly, it's going to take a borderline miracle for the Heat not to come out of the east. I see Indiana as the one threat if they can get really hot for a whole series, but even then, it would be largely contingent on Lebron having a bad series and how much rope the refs would give Indiana defensively.

paulxu
02-22-2013, 07:30 AM
If Crawford develops into some good kinda player in Boston, with KG and Doc whipping him into shape and out of the me first nonsense, whoever caught that shirt (from his last ? game as a Wizard) may end up with a piece of memorabilia.

Masterofreality
02-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Utah has been in the playoffs almost every single year forever. There's no reason D.C. can't produce a team as good as SLC.

They need to change their name back to the Bullets.

Errr, in Washington, maybe not. Gilbert Arenas would come back packing his piece.

paulxu
02-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Gilbert was busy at a sleep over at his buddy Metta's house. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Money line: After a brief conversation with the police, World Peace put on his Cookie Monster pajamas and accompanied them outside

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21747194/police-called-to-home-of-metta-world-peace-over-gun-play

MD Muskie
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
New York? Have you been watching the same Knicks and Nets teams I have?

Titles in the last 15 years:
LAL: 5
San Antonio: 4
Chicago: 2 (none since Jordan)
Miami: 2
Boston: 1
Dallas: 1
Detroit: 1

First I am not a Wizards fan so I am, nor a real NBA fan either. Now that Crawford is off the team I won't really follow them until another Xavier Alum finds their way to that team. And I wasn't pointing that NY was a landing point for stars and championships, I was pointing out that NY was a landing point for stars to go to because of the media exposure. If you want championships then you go LA or Boston or SA, but when was the last time SA signed any big free agent. And its be real honest here, the moment Tim Duncan retires SA falls off the face of the map.

And Oklahoma City is an abberation, they will be good for long while, but odds are they won't win a bunch of championships and at some point their cap will become an issue.

And finally, and there is no arguement here, the NBA is a players run league. David Stern made this league more about the players than the franchises or even the sport itself. Thats why the Anthony's, the Howards, and the Paul's can demand their way out of the small market and into the media market where David Stern can promote them better. Probably a good business decision for him and certain players, but the values of all of these other also-ran teams will continue to fall. THE NBA might as well just go to the conference finals come playoffs because its generally the same teams. Its why i don't care for the pro sport and care way more about college basketball and the other major pro sports, there is more room for every team to contend to an extent. that is not true with the NBA.

PMI
02-22-2013, 12:25 PM

Errr, in Washington, maybe not. Gilbert Arenas would come back packing his piece.

I would love nothing more than to go back to the Bullets, but in our politically correct society, I don't see it ever happening. Still, we can do better than a name that makes us sound like a WMLS team. Call us the Washington Douchebags for all I care. Just anything but Wizards, please.

First I am not a Wizards fan so I am, nor a real NBA fan either. Now that Crawford is off the team I won't really follow them until another Xavier Alum finds their way to that team. And I wasn't pointing that NY was a landing point for stars and championships, I was pointing out that NY was a landing point for stars to go to because of the media exposure. If you want championships then you go LA or Boston or SA, but when was the last time SA signed any big free agent. And its be real honest here, the moment Tim Duncan retires SA falls off the face of the map.

And Oklahoma City is an abberation, they will be good for long while, but odds are they won't win a bunch of championships and at some point their cap will become an issue.

And finally, and there is no arguement here, the NBA is a players run league. David Stern made this league more about the players than the franchises or even the sport itself. Thats why the Anthony's, the Howards, and the Paul's can demand their way out of the small market and into the media market where David Stern can promote them better. Probably a good business decision for him and certain players, but the values of all of these other also-ran teams will continue to fall. THE NBA might as well just go to the conference finals come playoffs because its generally the same teams. Its why i don't care for the pro sport and care way more about college basketball and the other major pro sports, there is more room for every team to contend to an extent. that is not true with the NBA.

I agree that players are able to pull more strings on where they get to go than in other pro sports leagues, but let's not forget, CP3 (for what reason I still don't know) was denied going to the Lakers before going to the other LA team, so it's not like the inmates totally run the asylum. Bottom line for David Stern is he makes a lot of money marketing superstar players, and that won't change. And while OKC may be an aberration in the sense that most markets that small don't even have a team much less a contender, they are still one of, what, 4 or 5 legitimate contenders? It's hard to really call anyone an aberration when you can count the contenders on one hand. The competition is very unbalanced, but that's more because you need at least one hall of fame player to win a title in almost every year. Sure, a lot of the stars are going to big markets lately, but I don't think that means that only big markets can compete, or have superstars. Both the teams in the Finals last year were in far smaller markets than DC. If we had a few and far between hall of fame type guy to attract other stars, and had a well-run franchise, we could just as easily be one of the contenders. And if the queen had balls she'd be the king. It is what it is.

And I agree that the college game is much better.

Xavier
02-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Disagreed. They start to fall off when Pop goes (though, that could be the same time Duncan does also). Spurs are much more than Tim Duncan.

GuyFawkes38
02-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Tony Parker is getting older. And Manu isn't young. The Spurs will certainly face a big transition.

nuts4xu
02-22-2013, 01:44 PM
but let's not forget, CP3 (for what reason I still don't know) was denied going to the Lakers before going to the other LA team

The NBA owned the Hornets when the trade was set to go through, and David Stern felt it would be perceived as the NBA creating an imbalance by putting CP3 next to Kobie Bryant. This is why the deal was thwarted.

MD Muskie
02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Disagreed. They start to fall off when Pop goes (though, that could be the same time Duncan does also). Spurs are much more than Tim Duncan.

Had Tim Duncan not come along when David Robinson was near the end of his career than this would have already happened. Pop is a great coach, one of the best, but Duncan is this team and when he is gone so goes that last 12 years. And i don't another Tim Duncan coming along anytime soon to make a smooth transition like they did when they drafted him.

@PMI, When have the Wizards ever been a competently run team? Not in my lifetime. The NBA is about building the Q rating, which is why Miami works now. DC doesn't offer that. And you're right that it does take a least one hall of famer to win. The problem is that this team hasn't drafted one of those since the 70s. And they are showing no signs of being smart of enough to do so in the near future. And teams like Memphis, Atlanta, and Denver show they can draft well but then have to blow up their own team to try in stay in the black financially. How as a fan can I have a belief in my team if they continually have to sell them off for relief? Thats why i am not a fan of the nba.

PMI
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
The NBA owned the Hornets when the trade was set to go through, and David Stern felt it would be perceived as the NBA creating an imbalance by putting CP3 next to Kobie Bryant. This is why the deal was thwarted.

Yea, that rings a bell. Still, seems like they would've been overcompensating in that regard, trying to show they weren't going to be unfair by actually being unfair to LA. Not that I feel bad for LA.

Had Tim Duncan not come along when David Robinson was near the end of his career than this would have already happened. Pop is a great coach, one of the best, but Duncan is this team and when he is gone so goes that last 12 years. And i don't another Tim Duncan coming along anytime soon to make a smooth transition like they did when they drafted him.

@PMI, When have the Wizards ever been a competently run team? Not in my lifetime. The NBA is about building the Q rating, which is why Miami works now. DC doesn't offer that. And you're right that it does take a least one hall of famer to win. The problem is that this team hasn't drafted one of those since the 70s. And they are showing no signs of being smart of enough to do so in the near future. And teams like Memphis, Atlanta, and Denver show they can draft well but then have to blow up their own team to try in stay in the black financially. How as a fan can I have a belief in my team if they continually have to sell them off for relief? Thats why i am not a fan of the nba.

I understand where you're coming from. The franchise has been a poorly run organization for most of my lifetime (I was born 7 years after they won the championship.) I don't really buy the Q rating thing though. Miami's appeal may have had something to do with the city itself, but it had more to do with the fact that they already had Dywane Wade. Miami has horrible fan support compared to other pro sports cities and they had no NBA titles in the pre-Wade era. Lebron could've gone to Memphis, Atlanta, or Denver, and their "Q rating" would've gone through the roof and they'd be Vegas favorites to win for the next several years.

Now I do, in all honesty, think that star players might be reluctant to play for a team called the Wizards, and I know that they would be reluctant to play for a poorly run franchise, but by no means is the city or its appeal or even the league the problem to me. Drafting hall of fame players takes a lot of luck too. Kwame Brown was a #1 pick, Kevin Durant was a #2 and Michael Jordan was a #3. It happens. Memphis, Atlanta, and Denver all have the same problem, and it's the same one the Wizards had between 2004 and 2008. They have good teams with good players, but no huge superstar/hall of fame types that take them to the next level. Also, with the possible exception of Denver, the other common denominator is that their best players are knuckleheads who are talented, but not true winners (Josh Smith, Zach Randolph, etc.)

Just look at the NBA in my lifetime. I'm almost 27. There have been SEVEN different NBA franchises that have won a title, only one of which has only won one in that time (Dallas) who had a clear hall of fame player in Dirk. The other teams, with the possible exception of the 2004 Pistons who ran into a Lakers team during the birth of their extreme dysfunction, all had hall of fame stars. Not only that, in almost every single one of those years, the team that won had THE BEST player in the league at their position, and lots of other good players around them. Bottom line, you need to have the absolute, indisputable cream of the crop individual talent leading your team to win it all, unlike in any of the other three leagues. And because of that, I agree with you that the NBA leaves much to be desired.

D-West & PO-Z
02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
And its be real honest here, the moment Tim Duncan retires SA falls off the face of the map.

Ummm hello?? Tony Parker? He is second to LeBron James in the MVP race at the moment. He just absolutely owned Chris Paul the other night, he was unguardable.

Agreed, about Pop, most likely the best current coach in the NBA. Also the star of the Spurs is Tony Parker playing only 2nd to LeBron in the whole league right now. They have a lot of really good complementary players right now too.

Tony Parker is getting older. And Manu isn't young. The Spurs will certainly face a big transition.

Everyone is the world is getting older. Parker is only 30 though. He has a of good years left.

smileyy
02-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Everyone is the world is getting older. Parker is only 30 though. He has a of good years left.

It amazes me that Parker is only 30 -- I forget he came into the league at 19 and started playing everyday right away. He's going to end up pretty far up all-time scoring lists if he stays healthy.

Tim Duncan has done a good job deflecting attention from Parker and Ginobili. Those two are greatly underrated. Or at least underpublicized.

PMI
02-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Yea, Duncan hasn't even been playing much lately with his injuries and the Spurs still look like the best team. Ginobli and Parker are some of the best at their positions in their era. I still think age will catch up to them in the playoffs, and I believe this core of Spurs are done winning titles, but it's very silly to say that the Spurs are just Tim Duncan. Take him away completely and it's still a very good NBA team.

X-band '01
02-22-2013, 07:23 PM

They already look like the Bullets of old - except for a few good years in the 70s; that franchise has been awful.

THRILLHOUSE
02-22-2013, 10:48 PM
The best of JCraw in DC:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/02/22/the-best-of-jordan-crawford/

Some pretty funny moments in here

PM Thor
02-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Some would call him insane, but he's harmless, and actually pretty funny and open. More people need to be just so free wheeling. And nuts.

I HATE dayton.

xubball1993
02-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Got 10 in his first game as a Celtic with 3 boards and 2 dimes in 17 minutes.

XU-PA
02-23-2013, 06:16 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278540

pretty good start,

JimmyTwoTimes37
02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Jordan Crawford Celtics debut highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ajrBoglBDa0

GoMuskies
02-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Some interesting stuff on Crawford (who is going to end up scoreless in 12 minutes in the second game with the C's tonight) from the Grantland NBA trade deadline discussion (these quotes are not one after the other in the article, so don't try to read them like a conversation):

Zach Lowe: Will KG murder him this week or next week?

Simmons: Crawford belongs in that Nick Young/John Lucas/Nate Robinson group of Irrationally Irrational Confidence Guys, which is a level below the true Irrational Confidence Guys (Jamal Crawford, J.R. Smith, etc.). When he's hot, you ride him. When he's not, you sit him. Of course, Doc couldn't stand coaching Robinson. So this will be interesting. I've always had a soft spot for Crawford dating back to his Xavier days — there's always room in a 10-man rotation for someone who can catch fire NBA Jam–style, and he's one of the ultimate "no-no-no-YES!" shooters.

Lowe: His shot selection is egregious, he'll struggle to guard wing players, and the Wizards' offense has basically died when he's played the point this season. Point guard in Boston is a shared duty now, so hopefully the Celtics will never lean too heavily on Crawford in this way.

Simmons: Jordan Crawford is one of seven players averaging an 18-5-4 per 36 minutes, joining LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Harden, Westbrook, and Manu. You know what's the most amazing thing about that stat? Jordan Crawford is averaging five assists per 36 minutes????? I don't think I've ever seen him pass.

Simmons: Good work, Zach. Between you and Jeremy Lundblad, I've totally talked myself into this trade and now believe it's the steal of the century. I won't even dwell on the part that Washington was soooooo desperate to get rid of him, they traded him for an expiring contract who cannot walk and won't be able to run at full speed until after his contract ends. Bring on the Crawford era!

drudy23
02-26-2013, 09:06 PM
He better play team ball...Doc Rivers don't mess around.

Musketeer_15
02-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Here is the reason why Crawford gave up on the Wizards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjILP3EWjUQ

xubball1993
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Good rep = bad rap?
http://www.boston.com/sports/2013/02/28/jordan-crawford-has-another-chance-prove-about-team-with-the-celtics/4TCz1d3VmHNgJAbdo42h0I/story.html

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Crawford is in heaven

Doc/Garnett "Just keep shooting Jordan"

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/3/6/4071658/doc-to-jordan-crawford-just-keep-shooting

"Kevin (Garnett), everyone got on him at halftime because he missed a couple of shots and you could see that he didn’t want to shoot it anymore," Rivers said. "Our guys beat me to it. They said, ‘This is what you do — shoot the ball. They go in and they go out, but you have to keep doing it.’ When he came back out he was looking for his shot.

paulxu
03-07-2013, 02:11 PM
This is just an impression I have, and I'm probably way, way off base.
But when I hear Crawford interviewed, he seems shy and tentative. It's like he's in over his head (world wise, not basketball wise).
I get the impression that his talent has carried him there, and he feels like he needs to act, tweet, just BE a certain thing that is not quite his personality.
It's like he's still growing up and his experiences are a little overwhelming.
Probably crazy on my part. I wish him much success and hope he finds it in Boston.

X-ceptional
03-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Posted this in the other thread, but figured I'd throw it in here too.

Crawford highlights from his short but incredible time at Xavier. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jihJKHnTXec#t=162)

Masterofreality
03-08-2013, 06:05 PM
And this is a great segment on Redford's Rundown.

http://youtu.be/PU2yMmhELnM

I'm glad Brad is playing, but I miss the Rundown.

paulxu
03-09-2013, 06:51 AM
That Redford interview is a perfect example of what I was trying to describe. Like a kid in over his head.
Had 15 minutes last night in their win over Atlanta with 9 pts and a couple of boards (+5).
What's funny is looking at the play-by-play. They put him in with a few seconds left in one quarter, and it reads:

Jordan Crawford misses 59ft three point jumper. (Guess they were hoping for a K-State shot)

Xavier
03-09-2013, 07:25 AM
9 points in 15 minutes is pretty solid. Hopefully he keeps that up, would be a great trade for Celtics if he does.

PMI
03-09-2013, 12:46 PM
9 points in 15 minutes is pretty solid. Hopefully he keeps that up, would be a great trade for Celtics if he does.

Eh, how many shots did he take and how did the offense run when he was in?

rove02
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I've watched him play in two of his last three games. I think he had 10 pts in the first one and was pretty efficient. This last game with 9 I think he was 4-6. The offense isn't too bad with him in. It seems like he is usually playing with Garnett, Terry, Green, and someone else. Doc has said he is impressed with his passing and wants him to keep shooting.

In these two games they would put him in at the end of the first and third quarters and stayed in through the middle of the second and fourth if you are trying to catch him in a game.