View Full Version : Oh this website won't freak anybody out

Pablo
02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Updated every 310 seconds -

Sheesh!!!!

Snipe
02-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Nice time to move to Chile. Stable economy, little unrest. Climate similar to California where the mountains are close to the beach. Nothing going on down there.

Mark 3 Pointer
02-28-2008, 11:32 AM
slightly disturbing... remember when fake anthrax in the mail was front page stuff? Messed up.

spongebob
02-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Man, The U.S. has way too many enemies and houses way too many wack jobs. Chile might indeed be the ticket.

PM Thor
02-28-2008, 01:49 PM
This is a fun site.

It's obviously messed up though, because it simply takes the stuff that is reported rapidly. Meaning, the more media wired places that report these events will show up more readily, and places that are more under the microscope will also show up too. Cool though.

eXdrummer
02-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Here's an interesting one:

North Carolina - Grenade Found In Goodwill Donations

"Members of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's bomb squad were sent to a Goodwill store on Albermarle Road Wednesday afternoon after a tear gas grenade was discovered by an employee inside a donation bin"

"As soon as he walked in with it, I knew immediately, 'okay, yes, he's got a grenade, am I going to have to evacuate this building," said assistant manager Craig Warner who spent several years in the air force and was trained to recognize hazardous materials."

PM Thor
02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Here's an interesting one:

North Carolina - Grenade Found In Goodwill Donations

"Members of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's bomb squad were sent to a Goodwill store on Albermarle Road Wednesday afternoon after a tear gas grenade was discovered by an employee inside a donation bin"

"As soon as he walked in with it, I knew immediately, 'okay, yes, he's got a grenade, am I going to have to evacuate this building," said assistant manager Craig Warner who spent several years in the air force and was trained to recognize hazardous materials."

I can see that training right now.

"This is a grenade. This is hazardous. No Private Francis, it's not a waterballoon, it's a grenade. Yes, say it with me. GRENADE. Everybody got that? Grenades are hazardous. Great."

Cheesehead
02-29-2008, 07:21 AM
There's no way I show this site to my wife. She will absolutely freak out.

XU05and07
02-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Did you see that you can also select to see the Amber Alerts nationwide map...that's some disturbing stuff as well