PDA

View Full Version : March 4, 2008 Election Day...One Man's Opinion

Nigel Tufnel
02-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey fellow Musketeers....first off, I just want to let you all know that I'm not a major partisan type of guy. I'm as independent as one can be. However, for all of you that live in Warren, Clinton, Butler Counties and all those in the 12th Appellate District, I would just like to give you my .02 cents.

Many people don't know much about the 12th Appellate Court elections. The Republican primary has a seat open with the major candidates being Robert Hendrickson and Mary McElwee. I don't know Mr. Hendrickson...don't know him at all. I have practiced law before Mary McElwee for many years. And this much I can tell you.....I can't fathom a better candidate for an Appellate Judge than Mary McElwee. She is intelligent, motivated, and would take her position as an Appellate Judge very, very seriously. Simply put, Mrs. McElwee would render judgments regardless of polictical influence, which is very important for an appellate judge. Without a doubt, I can tell each of you with 100% confidence that Mrs. McElwee would take the facts of a case, apply the law after exhausted research, and would render a decision regardless of political influence.

I want to make this very clear. I haven't contributed a penny to Mrs. McElwee's campaign. I don't know Mr. Hendrickson. I can't comment on how good of an Appellate Judge he might be. I am only giving my opinion as someone who has practiced in front of Mrs. McElwee for nearly 8 years. I can't give an opinion as to who would be the better appellate judge. What I can give you my opinion on is that I find it very, very hard to believe that anyone could administer justice in a more fair and impartial manner than Mrs. McElwee.

I sincerely hope that nobody takes this as a slam against Mr. Hendrickson. As I've clearly stated, I do not know Mr. Hendrickson. I do not know his qualifications or how good he would be as an appellate judge. What I do know, based on my own professional experience, is that regardless of Mr. Hendrickson's experience and qualifications, I have a hard time believing that anyone could be as honest, trustworty and motivated to be a fair and impartial officer of the Court as Mrs. McElwee would be.

Just food for thought with the upcoming election looming. If anyone wants to send me any PM's for further comments or details, I would be happy to respond.