PDA

View Full Version : James Bolden G

Masterofreality
02-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Especially you Cincy area guys, keep an eye out for this kid.

As has been covered on another thread about how you need coaching stability for consistent recruiting, you gotta be on kids early.

http://www.theroadtorupp.com/2013/01/holmes-james-bolden-visits-xavier.html?m=1

aceylone7777
02-05-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm about 20 minutes from Holmes...I plan on watching the kid sometime next year. Watched some highlights against Cov Cath...he looks very solid.

Masterofreality
03-03-2013, 06:55 PM
CMack was at NKU today to watch Sir Bolden.

Masterofreality
03-04-2013, 08:18 AM
“@BluegrassBball: James "Beetle" Bolden was named MVP of the 9th Region Tournament. *Xavier head coach Chris Mack was on hand to watch him.”

Masterofreality
03-04-2013, 10:17 AM
“@Corey_Rivals513: Xavier has offered '15 Covington (KY) Holmes PG James "Beetle" Bolden.”

SlimKibbles
03-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Saw a tweet today that said X had offered him. This kid is the real deal. Have a co-worker who is a Holmes grad and seen the Bulldogs play lots of times this season. He's been telling me about him for several months. Disappointed I wasn't able to go watch Bolden play against my alma mater yesterday. From what my co-worker said, Bolden made some amazing plays that left Coach Mack shaking his head.

SlimKibbles
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Well there is the tweet I saw. Good work, MOR.

Masterofreality
03-04-2013, 11:02 AM
I really hope we get this kid.

With the new league, where else could he go that's better?

Oh, I know. UK........ Luckily World Wide Wes hasn't seen him yet.

GoMuskies
03-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Is he a top 20 guy in the class of '15? If not, he's not going to get much attention from UK for awhile.

ArizonaXUGrad
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
He is a 3* on Scout and Rivals. 5'11 160# at this point but he is going to be just a Junior.

SlimKibbles
03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Is he a top 20 guy in the class of '15? If not, he's not going to get much attention from UK for awhile.

This is what will be interesting to watch. UC and Purdue have supposedly watched him play per nkyfan.com (I think he was the source of that). If this kid continues to play as well as he has this year, and gets even better, BIG and ACC schools might come calling. Obviously important to develop that relationship early.

Here's a link to a mix tape Rick Broering put together. http://youtu.be/OCzVBKOUgWU

Masterofreality
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
He is a 3* on Scout and Rivals. 5'11 160# at this point but he is going to be just a Junior.

Nobody but us and Jody Demling of the Louisville Courier Journal know who this kid is yet.

Back to my point above. This is exactly why you have to stop a coaching carousel. You need stability in a geographic area to cultivate sources and relationships.

I don't know how much longer Book Richardson can tap into NY for example- especially when the distance involved is so great. MoMo already came and left.

paulxu
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm curious about something. If we offered a sophomore in this kid, what is the youngest player by HS year that X, or even other schools, have offered?

Masterofreality
03-04-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm curious about something. If we offered a sophomore in this kid, what is the youngest player by HS year that X, or even other schools, have offered?

Michael Jordan's first son......in the womb.

GoMuskies
03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Michael Jordan's first son......in the womb.

And it was a complete waste of a scholarship.

ballyhoohoo
03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Bobby Knight offered Damon Bailey as an 8th grader

Masterofreality
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Everybody who is on twitter go follow @jamesbolden3

But.....DO NOT tweet at him. Let's just give him a bunch of XU followers...

Hey, he just followed me back!

Xavgrad08
03-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I have watched Bolden play twice. Each time it was against my my Alma Mater CCH. I think Bolden has potential to be a big time prospect. Will be interesting to see which out of state teams offer during the AAU season.

Bolden is a bit old for his class. He just turnded 17 as a highschool sophmore. This kid is very athletic, but he will need to get stronger. I was told by someone from Holmes that Butler is starting to show interest in him. Boldne has told others that UK is his dream school.

XUFan09
03-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I have watched Bolden play twice. Each time it was against my my Alma Mater CCH. I think Bolden has potential to be a big time prospect. Will be interesting to see which out of state teams offer during the AAU season.

Bolden is a bit old for his class. He just turnded 17 as a highschool sophmore. This kid is very athletic, but he will need to get stronger. I was told by someone from Holmes that Butler is starting to show interest in him. Boldne has told others that UK is his dream school.

Surprise, surprise.

SlimKibbles
03-04-2013, 06:41 PM
I have watched Bolden play twice. Each time it was against my Alma Mater CCH. I think Bolden has potential to be a big time prospect. Will be interesting to see which out of state teams offer during the AAU season. ...

Good to see a fellow Colonel on here.

nkymuskie
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Looks like there's a handful of NKY people on the board. I graduated from St Henry in 09 and run around with a bunch of CCH guys. I definitely plan on checking this kid out next year. I love watching high school basketball.

Cincypunk.org
03-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Another CCH Colonel checking in...

Also, this:
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20130305/SPT0302/303050169/-Beetle-Bolden-new-sensation

GoMuskies
03-06-2013, 08:29 AM
5'10", huh? Hope he grows....but not until he's signed with Xavier.

Masterofreality
03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
5'10", huh? Hope he grows....but not until he's signed with Xavier.

And Tu Holloway was how tall?

GoMuskies
03-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I didn't say I don't want him. Just that I hope he grows...after the ink dries on the Xavier LOI.

ammtd34
03-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Here's a thread with game updates for those interested.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/holmes-vs-pleasure-251608-page4.html

SlimKibbles
03-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Here's a thread with game updates for those interested.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/holmes-vs-pleasure-251608-page4.html

You can also follow @nkyFAN on Twitter.

GoMuskies
03-07-2013, 05:59 PM
13, 5 and 4 for Bolden in their Sweet Sixteen win over Louisville PRP yesterday. QFs tomorrow.

SlimKibbles
03-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Read a tweet from James Weber that said Teflon John and Orlando Antigua were in the Holmes locker room after their loss yesterday.

MarvAlbert
03-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Steve Jones ‏@SteveJones_CJ
Holmes '15 PG James "Beetle" Bolden, whose first offer is from Xavier, said Chris Mack told him he can fill the role Tu Holloway played

Sounds like Mack knows there's blood in the water and the sharks from Kentucky are circling...

Cheesehead
03-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Read a tweet from James Weber that said Teflon John and Orlando Antigua were in the Holmes locker room after their loss yesterday.

BASTARDS! Would love to see XU get a recruit over KY even if the recruit never panned out.

GoMuskies
03-10-2013, 08:07 AM
BASTARDS! Would love to see XU get a recruit over KY even if the recruit never panned out.

Duncan and Frease both had offers from Kentucky.

X-band '01
03-10-2013, 02:05 PM
In the Billy Gillespie era.

GoMuskies
03-10-2013, 04:44 PM
In the Billy Gillespie era.

Tubby Smith

Cincypunk.org
03-10-2013, 10:41 PM
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20130310/SPT0302/303100108/-Beetle-has-two-more-years-torment-region

29 pts for Bolden in their Elite 8 OT loss to Madison Central

Some highlights:
“I think he’s unguardable, I really do,” said Brannen, who was selected Ninth Region Coach of the Year by the Kentucky Basketball Coaches Association. “You can’t stop him, you can only hope to contain him. Unfortunately that’s what it’s going to be like the next two years.”

and

“He’s so crafty and quick it doesn’t matter,” said Brannen. “When you do a step back like he does, it’s like an NBA player, you can get a hand up, but it’s too late. Then if he gets into the lane he’s smart about not forcing it all the way to the rim, he’s able to just hang up there in the lane and flip that little five-footer. I saw him earlier in the year against CovCath and called my brother (John, who is an assistant coach at Alabama) and said I don’t know what it is, he just has that that ‘it’ factor. I knew even last year he was going to be good, but not this good this quick.”

At 5'11 and 140 though... he has some growing to do.

aceylone7777
03-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Multiple reports of Calipari interested; plans unofficial visit per @FOX19Joe. Great.

Masterofreality
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Don't worry. He'll get recruited over .

MarvAlbert
03-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Just came across these quotes and didn't see them posted in this thread-

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/recruiting/2013/03/06/uk-a-dream-school-for-james-beetle-bolden-holmes-2015-pg/

“He told me I fit Tu Holloway’s game,” Bolden said. “He said to keep working because Tu Holloway wasn’t an All-American when he first came in. He just outworked everybody in the gym and became an All-American in the gym.”

Bolden said he enjoyed the atmosphere at Xavier when he visited there and felt wanted by the coaches, players and fans.

He said that in a couple years – when he’ll surely have multiple offers – he’ll (it'll?) stick with him that Mack was the first to pull the trigger.

“It would (be important) because they showed early that they see my potential and offered me early,” he said. “It would mean a lot (in the future).”

Xavgrad08
04-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Bolden picked up an offer from Purdue on his unofficial visit. It also looks like he will be making unofficial visits to UC and UK in the coming weeks.

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2013/04/11/holmes-pg-beetle-bolden-gets-an-offer-from-purdue/

aceylone7777
04-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Bolden picked up an offer from Purdue on his unofficial visit. It also looks like he will be making unofficial visits to UC and UK in the coming weeks.

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2013/04/11/holmes-pg-beetle-bolden-gets-an-offer-from-purdue/

Beat me to it.

EDIT: Iowa State and Butler showing interest as well...looks like word travels fast.

XUPhilly04
04-14-2013, 08:14 AM

Sad to say, but I believe that he will not be at XU. Once I see a kid get an offer from UK, ND, IU, OSU, or Purdue, I usually consider us off their radar. Hopefully, this trend changes due to being in the Big East and starting that change with Bolden.

BlueGuy
04-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Sad to say, but I believe that he will not be at XU. Once I see a kid get an offer from UK, ND, IU, OSU, or Purdue, I usually consider us off their radar. Hopefully, this trend changes due to being in the Big East and starting that change with Bolden.

I believe Josh Duncan had offers from OSU, IU, and interest from UK. He chose X.

muskienick
04-14-2013, 08:58 AM
I believe Josh Duncan had offers from OSU, IU, and interest from UK. He chose X.

But Josh lived in Cincinnati, Ohio. Bolden lives in KY and if he gets interest from UK, it could very well be the telling blow. I'd say the final verdict has to do with how much confidence he has in his ability to compete at the highest levels. Xavier and the Big East are a step down from the Big 10, ACC, and SEC. It'll be interesting to see how this recruiting battle plays out.

blueblob06
04-14-2013, 04:06 PM
But Josh lived in Cincinnati, Ohio. Bolden lives in KY and if he gets interest from UK, it could very well be the telling blow. I'd say the final verdict has to do with how much confidence he has in his ability to compete at the highest levels. Xavier and the Big East are a step down from the Big 10, ACC, and SEC. It'll be interesting to see how this recruiting battle plays out.

I'm thinking the Big East will be about even with the SEC. The SEC has 2 perennial tourney teams (UK and Fla) and then some that used to be back to great (Tenn, Vandy) but aren't right now. The Big East will have Gtown, MARQ, X, and Butler. The SEC has 14 teams and may not even get more in the tourney than the 10 team Big East unless some of their programs turn it around quickly.

Edit - this is not to say X, Butler, etc are on the same level as UK as far as recruiting but I think our conference is about even with theirs...

muskienick
04-14-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking the Big East will be about even with the SEC. The SEC has 2 perennial tourney teams (UK and Fla) and then some that used to be back to great (Tenn, Vandy) but aren't right now. The Big East will have Gtown, MARQ, X, and Butler. The SEC has 14 teams and may not even get more in the tourney than the 10 team Big East unless some of their programs turn it around quickly.

Edit - this is not to say X, Butler, etc are on the same level as UK as far as recruiting but I think our conference is about even with theirs...

bb06,
That was my main point. If he's confident that he can play at the highest level, then UK or OSU or one of the better ACC schools will probably be his choice just because of the higher profile. If his confidence becomes reality, he'll have a direct line to the NBA. It has not proven to be quite so easy to make this jump from Xavier or most of the new Big East schools.

GoMuskies
04-14-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't think you've got a better chance of getting to the NBA from Kentucky than you do from Xavier. Kentucky has just recruited better players lately, but those guys would all still be in the NBA if they had chose to play at Xavier instead.

LA Muskie
04-14-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't think you've got a better chance of getting to the NBA from Kentucky than you do from Xavier. Kentucky has just recruited better players lately, but those guys would all still be in the NBA if they had chose to play at Xavier instead.

I think that's right. For the most part the NBA is a meritocracy once you crack the club. But I do think playing for UK helps get into the club -- that is, it helps your draft stock.

SlimKibbles
05-14-2013, 09:36 PM
I was talking to a Holmes HS assistant hoops coach recently and it sounds like X is in a good spot at this point on getting Bolden. He sounds like a really good kid who has grown up in a rough neighborhood but has his head screwed on straight. He apparently wants to play close to home and the whole Sr. Rose factor is a big plus in X's favor. I hope he keeps developing and decides to come to X.

Xavgrad08
06-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Below is a tweet from Bolden from earlier this week. I like the fact that Bolden is developing chemistry with the X players.

‏@jamesbolden3 18 Jun Feeling good about to head to Xavier for open gym with the X players should be fun🏀✔💯 #ballislife

Masterofreality
01-11-2014, 04:49 PM
“@EvanDaniels: 2015 PG James Bolden just said that Butler and Xavier are "on top."”

Charlesbt4
01-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Not that ratings are everything, but Bolden doesn't seem to be nearly as highly sought after as many of our other recent recruits. Am I missing something?

ammtd34
01-13-2014, 12:28 PM
There aren't a lot of PG's in the class as a whole, kind of like QBs in the 2011 NFL draft. Locker, Ponder, etc... shouldn't have been first round picks, but teams had a need to fill.

brianxavier
05-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Looks like Bolden will make his decision today. Choosing between Xavier, Purdue, Butler and Ohio U per his coach's Twitter comment.

He is announcing at 1pm today (5/14/14).

Is it safe to say that with Larry Austin in the fold that Bolden has moved on from Xavier (even though they are different classes?)

ammtd34
05-14-2014, 08:22 AM
I don't think Xavier is an option for him.

BandAid
05-14-2014, 08:49 AM
If we don't get him, I kinda hope butler does. Is that weird?

brianxavier
05-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. With the inexact nature of recruiting we may regret that, if he turns out to be really good. That said, I want to see the Big East get solid players, and he seems solid. Scout had a headline awhile ago that Xavier and Butler were his top 2 right now, so I would guess that will be his choice.... but I am suppose something could have changed and I have no insider info. Seems like he'd be a good get for Butler.

kyxu
05-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Bolden to West Virginia

brianxavier
05-14-2014, 12:12 PM
oh yeah.... his coach also said West Virginia is an option...

forgot to mention that before.... (obviously I'm no insider)