PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 NHL Thread

Muskie
01-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Getting to watch my first action of the year (Game 2 for the Blackhawks).

Mel Cooley XU'81
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Great to have Hossa back! 4 goals in 2 games.

Definite advantage for teams who start super fast.

Definite opportunity for fringe and mionor league players to make big mark fast.

Be interesting to see who gets the jumps.

Muskie
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
It appears the Hawk Goalies are going to be up and down. Crawford had a decent first night, but Emery looked lost last night in Goal. Through 2 games 11-6 Goals Scored/Goals Against.

Going to be tough to keep that up.

PM Thor
01-21-2013, 09:10 PM
On the opening faceoff in the Islanders-Lightning game two fights broke out with all 4 getting majors. So glad hockey is back.

I HATE dayton.

PMI
01-21-2013, 09:25 PM
It appears the Hawk Goalies are going to be up and down. Crawford had a decent first night, but Emery looked lost last night in Goal. Through 2 games 11-6 Goals Scored/Goals Against.

Going to be tough to keep that up.

I keep thinking the Hawks should be contenders, and then I remember they have a one-two punch of Crawford and Emory in net.

whiteyxu
01-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Really excited about the Blues this season. Off to a great start, and Tarasenko is looking like the real deal.

Mel Cooley XU'81
01-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Hawks traded for minor league goalie help today. This, and my bold selection of Crawford in a fantasy draft, seals The Cup.

PMI
01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Hawks traded for minor league goalie help today. This, and my bold selection of Crawford in a fantasy draft, seals The Cup.

I've been guilty of some homer picks in my drafts over the years, and unfortunately it has yet to result in the Caps winning a Cup...

CinciX12
01-21-2013, 11:16 PM
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=194796&cmpid=embed-share-video

For some reason it is not cooperating with me to embed that video. It is worth clicking on. Even worth watching the advertisement NHL will make you watch.

Losing sucks as jackets fan to detroit. But man, props to Brunner on that one.

Porkopolis
01-22-2013, 05:20 AM
Losing sucks as jackets fan to detroit. But man, props to Brunner on that one.

Wow, that is a nice goal. I can't imagine haven't that kind of control over the puck.

Muskie
01-22-2013, 07:20 AM
I keep thinking the Hawks should be contenders, and then I remember they have a one-two punch of Crawford and Emory in net.
Apparently the only people who haven't realized this is the Hawks front office. I know Chicago was somewhat in the Luongo rumors, but they did nothing else to address the goalie situation. I get that Crawford is 1-2 seasons removed from some great play, and if they want to give him time, fine. But, they needed to bring in someone to push him, and I don't believe Emery is the guy to do it. He looked lost against the "yotes".

Muskie
01-22-2013, 07:21 AM
You are a brave soul my friend.

Muskie
01-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Since I didn't check the NHL news last night, it seems the Blackhawks have acquired Calgary Flames backup Henrik Karlsson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3051/henrik-karlsson).

Mel Cooley XU'81
01-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Hawks traded for minor league goalie help today.

Since I didn't check the NHL news last night, it seems the Blackhawks have acquired Calgary Flames backup Henrik Karlsson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3051/henrik-karlsson).

That's him. Sent to Rockford.

Hawks / Blues tonight from Madison St.

God I love hockey.

MD Muskie
01-22-2013, 09:22 AM

hope the Blackhawks don't think they are getting some special combination of Vezina Trophy Winner Henrik Lundqvist and Norris Trophy Winner Erik Karlsson.

Mel Cooley XU'81
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
The NHL package is "unlocked" on DirecTV.

Cheers!

Muskie
01-22-2013, 07:11 PM
That's him. Sent to Rockford.

Hawks / Blues tonight from Madison St.

God I love hockey.

Apparently the goalie in Rockford has been even worse than the guys on the big team.

PMI
01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Well, the Caps suck. That's all I've got.

BBC 08
01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
My Blues are off to a decent start. Wish we didn't drop that one against the Hawks last night.

Random side note. Splitting Preds season tickets with the roommate so I'm excited to be able to go to more hockey games this year.

Muskie
01-23-2013, 01:38 PM
My Blues are off to a decent start. Wish we didn't drop that one against the Hawks last night.

Random side note. Splitting Preds season tickets with the roommate so I'm excited to be able to go to more hockey games this year.

Watched Hawks/Blues last night. Serioulsy thought you guys were going to take that one with 3 in the Third. That last 8 seconds was brutal.

MD Muskie
01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Well, the Caps suck. That's all I've got.

yes they do but i saw signs of life last night in the third period. How much of that was the Caps getting reamed out in the intermission and/or the jets taking their foot off the gas I am not sure. I knew there would be some growing pains involved with this new coach, but not this bad.

Anyways, the silver lining is that they would be setting themselves up for a chance to draft Seth Jones.

PMI
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
yes they do but i saw signs of life last night in the third period. How much of that was the Caps getting reamed out in the intermission and/or the jets taking their foot off the gas I am not sure. I knew there would be some growing pains involved with this new coach, but not this bad.

Anyways, the silver lining is that they would be setting themselves up for a chance to draft Seth Jones.

They did play alright in the third, but man did they look overmatched during the 30 or so minutes before that. I'm not ready to freak out yet, but I do worry that there's a chance this team just might not have the talent they've had in years past. I have always been a big Ribiero fan and was very excited when we got him, but he's looked very old and slow to me so far. It's probably just a situation where he's getting his legs back, but the problem is, we don't have much more time to spare in this shortened season. Wolski needs produce at the level his talent suggests he should, but he's never done that, so I'm not sure I can really expect it. Jay Beagle has played the best hockey on the team so far, perhaps followed by Hendricks, and while I love those two, the rest of the team has got a lot to improve on if we want to turn this thing around.

MD Muskie
01-23-2013, 02:23 PM
They did play alright in the third, but man did they look overmatched during the 30 or so minutes before that. I'm not ready to freak out yet, but I do worry that there's a chance this team just might not have the talent they've had in years past. I have always been a big Ribiero fan and was very excited when we got him, but he's looked very old and slow to me so far. It's probably just a situation where he's getting his legs back, but the problem is, we don't have much more time to spare in this shortened season. Wolski needs produce at the level his talent suggests he should, but he's never done that, so I'm not sure I can really expect it. Jay Beagle has played the best hockey on the team so far, perhaps followed by Hendricks, and while I love those two, the rest of the team has got a lot to improve on if we want to turn this thing around.

Ribeiro is a self proclaimed slow skater. In that he moves so swiftly with the puck that it looks effortless and slower. I thought we was one of the better players on Saturday night. Last night wasn't great for him, but he took his head out of the game when he didn't get the highsticking calls he was asking for.

But I agree things need to turn around quickly, however I will say that in the previous 48 game season, the Devils started 0-3-2 and won the Cup. The Caps won 3 of their first 18 games and still make the playoffs that year. So its not the edge of the cliff just yet.

PMI
01-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Ribeiro is a self proclaimed slow skater. In that he moves so swiftly with the puck that it looks effortless and slower. I thought we was one of the better players on Saturday night. Last night wasn't great for him, but he took his head out of the game when he didn't get the highsticking calls he was asking for.

But I agree things need to turn around quickly, however I will say that in the previous 48 game season, the Devils started 0-3-2 and won the Cup. The Caps won 3 of their first 18 games and still make the playoffs that year. So its not the edge of the cliff just yet.

Agreed that there's plenty of time. As for Ribiero, I understand that that's the way he skates, but he just did not look sharp at all in his movement on the ice last night. I didn't get to see Saturday's game because I was in Cincinnati and my brother dropped the ball in DVRing for me, so perhaps he just had an off night. Like I said, I have been a fan of his his whole career really liked the signing.

Mel Cooley XU'81
01-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Another win for Corey Crawford and his Blackhawks last night!

3-2 in OT at Dallas after being down 0-2. Lehtonen was standing on head -- so the straits were dire.

Killed a pp that straddled regulation and the first part of OT. Then scored the OT winner on a pp of their own. Matter of fact, all three Hawks goals came on the power play.

I think the Hawks had 5 or 6 pps to one for the Stars (and their dark, drab uniforms* . . .). The Hawks were all over Dallas -- more energy all night long. That accounted for the mismatch in penalties. They're rolling early to steal a lot of points on the road. Three of four wins so far on the road.

Really a super game at Dallas where there were so many Hawks fans, it sounded like they were at home when they scored the winner.

Here Come the Hawks!

* The old bright green and gold Minnesota North Stars uniforms were killer.

Muskie
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Another win for Corey Crawford and his Blackhawks last night!

3-2 in OT at Dallas after being down 0-2. Lehtonen was standing on head -- so the straits were dire.

Killed a pp that straddled regulation and the first part of OT. Then scored the OT winner on a pp of their own. Matter of fact, all three Hawks goals came on the power play.

I think the Hawks had 5 or 6 pps to one for the Stars (and their dark, drab uniforms* . . .). The Hawks were all over Dallas -- more energy all night long. That accounted for the mismatch in penalties. They're rolling early to steal a lot of points on the road. Three of four wins so far on the road.

Really a super game at Dallas where there were so many Hawks fans, it sounded like they were at home when they scored the winner.

Here Come the Hawks!

* The old bright green and gold Minnesota North Stars uniforms were killer.

Impressive run so far... maybe a year for the Cup.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

CinciX12
01-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Impressive run so far... maybe a year for the Cup.

4 games in to a season. I don't care if its shortened or not. You can't honestly think that after 4 games do you?

PMI
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
The Hawks have a lot of talent, but for the time being, I just don't trust Crawford in a playoff series enough to make them one of my two or three Cup favorites. But the Hawks are the least of my concerns. My team is a hot ass mess right now.

BBC 08
01-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Calling it now. Vladamir Tarasenko for Rookie of the Year.

My blue colored glasses have nothing to do with that pick.

Muskie
01-25-2013, 10:06 PM
4 games in to a season. I don't care if its shortened or not. You can't honestly think that after 4 games do you?

Just enjoying some Crawford delusion while i can.

Mel Cooley XU'81
01-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Corey Crawford and his 6-0 Blackhawks pack bags; head out for six game road trip!

10 of first 12 on road. . .

woof

Muskie
01-28-2013, 10:48 AM
He seems to have kicked what was ever bothering him last year... maybe I've been too harsh.

Mel Cooley XU'81
01-28-2013, 06:27 PM
I doubt it.

PMI
03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
It's March and the Blackhawks still haven't lost a game in regulation. What an incredible streak to start the season. I still can't help believing that with Crawford (or Emory) they will not win the Cup, and it seems they've hit/are hitting their peak already. Plus, it's really hard to measure how good the western teams are in comparison to the eastern teams this year given that they don't play each other, but it seems to me that the east is stronger and there's a LOT of mediocrity in the west. Still, it's just amazing what Chicago has been doing so far.

As for the only team that really matters to me, it's nice to see Oates' system finally coming together and Holtby has been very good lately, but with the short season, we are going to have to go on a serious tear to get back in the picture. Luckily, the Southeast division is very winnable as there are no great teams. Every game matters in a big way now. It's going to be a wild rest of the season.