PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Shoes...

AviatorX
02-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm looking around to get some new ones. Any suggestions? My foot is a little on the wide side fwiw.

xeus
02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
I have always worn Asics running shoes, so a couple of years ago I thought I'd try Asics basketball shoes. I've really liked them - very comfortable and they've held up well. And I got mine in Xavier blue and white.

spongebob
02-26-2008, 03:55 PM
FWIW, I bought my son Adidas this year. He too has wide feet like the old man. Tried Nikes and they weren't wide enough and had a goofy arch support that would poke and irritate. Was very satisfied with the Adidas from a comfort level and they held up well thru his season and beyond. Dont remember the model, but they were ones in the $70-$80 range.

BiggieXU
02-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I have Adidas ones and they are ok except that the insoles were all bunched up and/or gone within a couple months of playing about 3 times a week. Not that that's a huge deal, just slightly annoying and uncomfortable.

X-band '01
02-26-2008, 06:10 PM
I've had maybe 2 pairs of New Balance shoes in the past 7 years; they've held up very well for me.

I also hear that the illustrious internet journalist Muskieman also rocks the N on his shoes.

The Artist
02-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Starburys.

Kahns Krazy
02-27-2008, 08:27 AM
I have always worn Asics running shoes, so a couple of years ago I thought I'd try Asics basketball shoes. I've really liked them - very comfortable and they've held up well. And I got mine in Xavier blue and white.

You play basketball?