PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Randolph (Xavier Commit)

94GRAD
11-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Brian Snow reporting Brandon has decided no other visits needed, He's coming here!!

XUFan09
11-14-2012, 02:03 PM
That's awesome. And that verbal should soon become a signed commitment, as National Signing Period starts today.

GreatWhiteNorth
11-14-2012, 02:10 PM
WOW! I am excited. Good things are coming our way. Sign the papers and make that real.

HuskyMuskie
11-14-2012, 02:11 PM
It's a great week to be a Musketeer.

(Typing this sentence has been long overdue.)

blueblob06
11-14-2012, 02:24 PM
WOOOHOOO!!! This is great!

xudash
11-14-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't know if the obvious has been mentioned yet, but Xavier is transitioning into a national recruiting profile:

- TX
- CA

blueblob06
11-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't know if the obvious has been mentioned yet, but Xavier is transitioning into a national recruiting profile:

- TX
- CA
There was a Philly connection with Swift...what's the connection with Randolph in CA? Can't imagine anyone on staff was flying OH to CA to see this kid, right?

Juice
11-14-2012, 03:14 PM
There was a Philly connection with Swift...what's the connection with Randolph in CA? Can't imagine anyone on staff was flying OH to CA to see this kid, right?

I'm pretty sure it was simply because he was a really good available recruit with an offer only from Wyoming and we needed a good player. Obviously Mizzou got in the mix, but it sounds like Pac12 really dropped the ball on this kid, but the Pac12 has been dropping turds for the last few years so it's not too surprising.

Masterofreality
11-14-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm pretty sure it was simply because he was a really good available recruit with an offer only from Wyoming and we needed a good player. Obviously Mizzou got in the mix, but it sounds like Pac12 really dropped the ball on this kid, but the Pac12 has been dropping turds for the last few years so it's not too surprising.

Gladden can now officially step far, far, faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr away from the cliff.

Winnng, fundamental, basketball, and solid recruiting. We're baaaaaaaaaack! (Not like we really ever went anywhere.)

XUFan09
11-14-2012, 03:27 PM

Man, Wyoming fans must be upset, considering only a few weeks ago they alone were really paying attention to a top 100 player.

XMuskieFTW
11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Somebody jumped the gun...Brandon just retweeted "The rumors of brandon randolph committing to #Xavier are not true still up in the air. "

Ledgewood
11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Ahhhhh recruiting.

dfcapp
11-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Got to love the the Tweet comes from "Rim2Rim Basketball". Seriously, sounds as if he's leaning towards XU, but someone's trying to get in his ear.

paulxu
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Maybe he's trying to set a record for the fastest commit to de-commit.
Of course a lot of recruiting sites will have to be adjusted.

GIMMFD
11-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I think he'll still come to X. I feel good about this one, I think it will STILL be a good week to be a Musketeer. Positive vibes!!

CinciX12
11-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Gladden can now officially step far, far, faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr away from the cliff.

Winnng, fundamental, basketball, and solid recruiting. We're baaaaaaaaaack! (Not like we really ever went anywhere.)

GG and myself are still very close to the cliff for this season, however.

But props to the staff on this one. We really, really have a reason to be optimistic with this incoming class and the addition of our ineligible guys.

I'm not going to listen to some creepy guy with the twitter handle 'Rim to Rim' basketball who has a tumblr account linked to his twitter in all arabic, and who prides himself on 'helping players on and off the court'.

Some annoying ***hole from CA doesn't want him to go to school in Ohio is all that is.

ArizonaXUGrad
11-14-2012, 06:03 PM
GG and myself are still very close to the cliff for this season, however.

But props to the staff on this one. We really, really have a reason to be optimistic with this incoming class and the addition of our ineligible guys.

Hopefully he signs. Normally Scout is pretty accurate. I find it strange they ran with the story and now maybe have to pull it. It's still up on their site right now though.

I am hoping it stays and he signs.

gladdenguy
11-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Brandon apparently has called Mack. This tweet should not be an issue.

MOR, this has been a great week. We deserve it.

Masterofreality
11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Brandon apparently has called Mack. This tweet should not be an issue.

MOR, this has been a great week. We deserve it.

Yes it has been a great week. The tweet seemed to be an AAU coach lobbying the kid for some other decision- probably for his own benefit.

waggy
11-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Do not post premium content. Good grief.

coasterville95
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
The Xavier Popes twitter feed is premium content? That's where I heard the news.

waggy
11-14-2012, 07:28 PM
The Xavier Popes twitter feed is premium content? That's where I heard the news.

No, someone posted premium content that's been deleted.

andrew81
11-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Do not post premium content. Good grief.

I think this information is available to all.
Here is the link: http://xavier.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1436422&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

waggy
11-14-2012, 07:33 PM
I think this information is available to all.
Here is the link: http://xavier.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1436422&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Good. You need to provide a link in these instances. The vast majority of Rivals content is going to be premium. If you don't give a link, not only is it wrong to the person owning the content whether premium or not, but we can't verify that it's not premium. Thanks.

GIMMFD
11-14-2012, 07:44 PM
So everything is good, he's ours right? Just clarifying.

XUFan09
11-14-2012, 07:46 PM
So everything is good, he's ours right? Just clarifying.

Yes. Some guy being a jackass and/or uninformed.

GIMMFD
11-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Well needless to say this guy has some good game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3uK4Kc0WB8

xudash
11-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Well needless to say this guy has some good game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3uK4Kc0WB8

Damn.

No confidence.

Flabby.

Can't penetrate.

No stroke; can't hit a three.

Seriously, the kid already looks chiseled enough to bench press 300.

I noticed Torrey Pines on the wall during the end of the video - an away game for them. No one is allowed to show him pictures of Dayton until the ink dries on his signing letter.

For that matter, someone needs to donate a couple of cement palm trees for outside his dorm room window - the kind Dr. Link used to have (for you older guys) - to make him feel at home.

bleedXblue
11-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Damn.

No confidence.

Flabby.

Can't penetrate.

No stroke; can't hit a three.

Seriously, the kid already looks chiseled enough to bench press 300.

I noticed Torrey Pines on the wall during the end of the video - an away game for them. No one is allowed to show him pictures of Dayton until the ink dries on his signing letter.

For that matter, someone needs to donate a couple of cement palm trees for outside his dorm room window - the kind Dr. Link used to have (for you older guys) - to make him feel at home.

public reps damn funny

xsteve1
11-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Unfortunately not a done deal yet.

Masterofreality
11-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Nope. Some "advisor" has apparently convinced him to go to Missouri on a visit.

gladdenguy
11-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I wish kids could decide for themselves.

Juice
11-14-2012, 09:11 PM
I wish kids could decide for themselves.

I agree that too many jackasses get in these kids' heads. But I can't fault Brandon, or any high schooler, for taking all of his visits. It's the smart thing to do to see what's out there.

SpectorJersey
11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
I am confident Brandon will be a Muskie, he may have just got caught up in signing day and wanted to make a splash. Once he checks out another school he will 100% realize that X is where he is wanted the most and needs to be. It's a free trip, why not take it.

Spector Jersey is excited for Brandon to announce "Thanks Missouri but I'm a Muskie"

nkymuskie
11-14-2012, 09:27 PM
I expect him to fax his letter in Friday. That's my bold prediction.

I AM SUPERNINTENDO
11-14-2012, 09:35 PM
I created a new account name because I couldn't remember my Supernintendo password. Forgive me.

I've heard from sources I have (that often have been correct in the past), that Randolph is an extremely important (can't state this enough) recruit for the program. Everyone should keep their fingers crossed. I know I've been patiently waiting for X to take the big leap from the Elite Eight to the Final Four (finally). What I'm hearing is that Randolph has the talent to take us there. Would be a huge, huge get for us.

With the Swift commitment in Texas and potential Randolph signing from Cali, Coach Mack has us on the national recruiting stage. If Randolph signs, this only further cements our national status. When Swift, Randolph et. al. take us to the Final Four, the sky is limit for this program in the future.

So excited, I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tonight.

Supernintendo

GoMuskies
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I know I've been patiently waiting for X to take the big leap from the Elite Eight to the Final Four (finally).

I find this strangely amusing.

I AM SUPERNINTENDO
11-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Was just adding a flair for the dramatic. Just want to land Randolph. That's the most important thing. My guy tells me the staff wants him BIG TIME.

suspectx
11-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Randolph could be a big time star in the Xavier program. He would add another dimension to the back court for the future. He can earn big minutes right away. Hopefully, he sees the potential for him and Xavier. My guess is he cuts the Missouri visit short after seeing how much better a fit X will be.

dfcapp
11-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Hopefully he comes to XU. We could really use him!

gladdenguy
11-14-2012, 10:35 PM
I agree that too many jackasses get in these kids' heads. But I can't fault Brandon, or any high schooler, for taking all of his visits. It's the smart thing to do to see what's out there.

Yeah I agree. At least its his dad who wants him to visit (well hopefully his dad)

XUFan09
11-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Yeah I agree. At least its his dad who wants him to visit (well hopefully his dad)

Agreed, and if it's just his dad, the justification is actually quite reasonable: Brandon will be sure he made the right decision, without ever wondering "What if?" This kid was originally committed to Pepperdine and his only other offer is from Wyoming. I mean, come on; he has to take the visit to Mizzou to at least have something reasonable with which to compare Xavier. From a non-fan standpoint, I applaud his dad saying, "Wait, hold on. At least wait a couple days and check out this other school first before you finalize that decision."

ThrowbackMuskie30
11-15-2012, 08:00 AM
I created a new account name because I couldn't remember my Supernintendo password. Forgive me.

I've heard from sources I have (that often have been correct in the past), that Randolph is an extremely important (can't state this enough) recruit for the program. Everyone should keep their fingers crossed. I know I've been patiently waiting for X to take the big leap from the Elite Eight to the Final Four (finally). What I'm hearing is that Randolph has the talent to take us there. Would be a huge, huge get for us.

With the Swift commitment in Texas and potential Randolph signing from Cali, Coach Mack has us on the national recruiting stage. If Randolph signs, this only further cements our national status. When Swift, Randolph et. al. take us to the Final Four, the sky is limit for this program in the future.

So excited, I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tonight.

Supernintendo

Exactly my initial thoughts. Landing Brandon would be a huge boost to our national recruiting. It is going to be players like Brandon that will make Xavier a well known school on the West Coast. Did I just say West Coast? Never thought a small school from Cincinnati would make an impact in recruiting across the country. Sky is the limit for this program and where it could go if we could land Brandon. Here is to hoping Christmas comes early for Xavier Nation and that Brandon will be our leader in the future!

Beastin' It
11-15-2012, 09:07 AM
I couldn't agree more with Supernintendo. Randolph is going to be a huge star, I just hope it happens while he's wearing a Xavier uniform. This would be a great get for Chris Mack and his staff!

I AM SUPERNINTENDO
11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Beastin' It, let's hope Randolph comes to X to beast it. Mizzou is very not beast. Who would want to be in Columbia, MO, when you can be in Cincinnati? Mizzou hasn't made noise nationally since Quinn Snyder tried to beast it with co-eds on the reg.

I take it back, Frank Haith did make noise nationally last season when he lost in the first round to Norfolk State as a 2 seed. LOL

Xu Red Dogg
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
I would be shocked if he goes to MIZZOU. The main reason? They have a 6'0" PG already signed in this class in Wes Clark.

If I'm Brandon's advisor, this fact would outweigh any other. Although X has some guards, we have no one like Brandon. He is described as a quick, athletic, scoring point guard. Based on our roster and how we use our guards, there is no way they could question the opportunity HERE.

I don't see how Mizzou will be able to explain away Clark --- A kid in Brandon's class, Brandon's size, described as the same type of player.

xlax
11-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Although X has some guards, we have no one like Brandon. He is described as a quick, athletic, scoring point guard. Based on our roster and how we use our guards, there is no way they could question the opportunity HERE.

hmmm, you sure there isn't anybody like that on the current roster?

As for explaining away clark all Haith would need to do is pop in a tape and show him pressey and dixon playing together.

I asked the question tongue in cheek because youve got to realize that he sounds very similar to Semaj no?

I AM SUPERNINTENDO
11-15-2012, 12:00 PM
XLAX,you trying to push Randolph to Mizzou or something? Jeesh.

A back court with Semaj, Dee, and Randolph would be unstoppable. Then you bring in Myles from the bench to jack 3's. That's scary to imagine.

Mizzou's vaunted backcourt last season couldn't even polish off a MEAC team in the tourney.

GIMMFD
11-15-2012, 12:13 PM

A back court with Semaj, Dee, and Randolph would be unstoppable. Then you bring in Myles from the bench to jack 3's. That's scary to imagine.

Mizzou's vaunted backcourt last season couldn't even polish off a MEAC team in the tourney.

I'm with Supernintendo, if we land this kid, the sky is the damn limit for recruiting. Made a splash in Texas, get out towards California, we are down in Florida with D'Angelo Russell (yes I realize he is initially from Louisville, still being in Florida has to count for something), we could start progressing 5 star recruits very soon. This would be a lovely Christmas present to have him in a Xavier jersey.

Juice
11-15-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm with Supernintendo, if we land this kid, the sky is the damn limit for recruiting. Made a splash in Texas, get out towards California, we are down in Florida with D'Angelo Russell (yes I realize he is initially from Louisville, still being in Florida has to count for something), we could start progressing 5 star recruits very soon. This would be a lovely Christmas present to have him in a Xavier jersey.

I think you're way off on this. This Randolph recruitment is based on needs of both the player and school. I highly doubt XU will be recruiting much in California, Texas, or Florida. Expect most of the targets to come from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, DC and Baltimore area, and Philly. These areas are where XU has recruited before and has connections with its current coaches. The coaching staff has no connections to Texas and California.

I think XU will continue to recruit at a high level but only top 10 schools can have a reach across the country like that, i.e. Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Florida, Michigan St., Indiana, UCLA, etc.

xlax
11-15-2012, 01:19 PM

not at all. just pointing out the reality of the situation.

GIMMFD
11-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I think you're way off on this. This Randolph recruitment is based on needs of both the player and school. I highly doubt XU will be recruiting much in California, Texas, or Florida. Expect most of the targets to come from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, DC and Baltimore area, and Philly. These areas are where XU has recruited before and has connections with its current coaches. The coaching staff has no connections to Texas and California.

I think XU will continue to recruit at a high level but only top 10 schools can have a reach across the country like that, i.e. Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Florida, Michigan St., Indiana, UCLA, etc.

I should have clarified, I didn't mean like we are going to reach out to these areas to get recruits. I meant like, we finally have the national presence to go out and garner interest from kids around the country, which shows how much our program prestige is increasing. It's going to translate to larger recruits in our pipeline area, aka top 25 recruits, and if we HAVE to go out of our way to pick up somebody from California or Texas, we will have the assets to do so.

xlax
11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I didn't mean like we are going to reach out to these areas to get recruits.

I meant like, we finally have the national presence to go out and garner interest from kids around the country

aren't those basically the same thing?

Muskeagle
11-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Someone posted on the A-10 board that Brandon had cancelled his trip to Mizzou and was going to commit to X. Is this true? Any word?

xavierj
11-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Someone posted on the A-10 board that Brandon had cancelled his trip to Mizzou and was going to commit to X. Is this true? Any word?

He did that yesterday only to change his mind and the visit was back on.

GIMMFD
11-15-2012, 03:54 PM
aren't those basically the same thing?

Not necessarily, I feel it could be more we pick and choose our recruits, the more top talent interested, the better our chances of finding the perfect fit of a particular top talent. Rather than if there's one 5 star interested, we automatically go after him (look at the whole Chris Thomas debacle)

GoMuskies
11-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Torraye Braggs doesn't see what the big deal is about getting a stud from California. Anthony Coleman wishes he could agree.

blueblob06
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5557171
Scouts site says Randolph's visit at Mizzou is today. Let's hope he calls Mack on his way to the airport to tell him the fax is on its way to XU.

Missouri has no game today. Seems like schools would want to give prospects the "gameday" feel on their visits if they are coming during the season.

XUFan09
11-15-2012, 04:07 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5557171
Scouts site says Randolph's visit at Mizzou is today. Let's hope he calls Mack on his way to the airport to tell him the fax is on its way to XU.

Missouri has no game today. Seems like schools would want to give prospects the "gameday" feel on their visits if they are coming during the season.

I wonder if he'll stay for the game the next day and leave on Saturday.

I AM SUPERNINTENDO
11-15-2012, 08:06 PM
If he goes to the game, he can see how basketball will always play second fiddle to football at Mizzou. Do you want to be the steak (like a bone-in ribeye) on the plate, or a piece of parsley? Cincinnati's the college bball capital of the country. No better place than here at X.

STL_XUfan
11-15-2012, 08:20 PM
If he goes to the game, he can see how basketball will always play second fiddle to football at Mizzou.

Friday before a home football game may produce a big crowd at the Mizzou game. Otherwise 8,000 fans in a 15,000 seat arena isn't all that impressive.

Juice
11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Friday before a home football game may produce a big crowd at the Mizzou game. Otherwise 8,000 fans in a 15,000 seat arena isn't all that impressive.

They averaged 11,000 people a game last year. About 100 more than XU per game. It will probably go up as well with the momentum built off of last year and their ranking this season.

Missouri is a good program that is getting better, let's not get all butt hurt over Missouri.

THRILLHOUSE
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
...let's not get all butt hurt over Missouri.

I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah.

GIMMFD
11-15-2012, 08:42 PM

YEAH! And they stole Oriakhi from us!! WE HATE THEM

STL_XUfan
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM
They averaged 11,000 people a game last year. About 100 more than XU per game. It will probably go up as well with the momentum built off of last year and their ranking this season.

Missouri is a good program that is getting better, let's not get all butt hurt over Missouri.

The problem is Mizzou arena is an amazing but large arena. All of the early season games draw no one and the conference games are sell out (also a large number of season tickets are owned by STL, Springfield, and KC business and go unfilled durning the week). 5k-8k in an arena that holds 15+ really kills the atmosphere this time of year.

(in full disclosure MU is my #2 school after X)

I AM SUPERNINTENDO
11-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Someone needs to inform Brandon that our men's soccer team just defeated Kentucky in the first round of the NCAA tourney. A-10 > SEC

xudash
11-15-2012, 08:52 PM
"Hi, I'm Brandon Randolph. I'm walking around here on campus in Columbia, Missouri, which is almost as far away from either ocean as I could possibly be, overhearing student after student say how important it is for Mizzou football to be in the SEC now. No one is talking basketball. Mizzou basically has had its teeth kicked in during its inaugural football season in the SEC and all they can talk about is football. Hey, wait a minute: SEC! I'm a competitive guy, but I don't want to get my teeth kicked in by Kentucky every year. And Skyline Chili hasn't made it to Missouri yet, anyway.* Screw this haystack village, I'm going to the Queen City. Your first decision almost always is the right one."

Someone will overhear him saying all that within 48 hours.

* - that Skyline dialogue probably won't make it into his thoughts, but I miss Skyline, so there.

SlimKibbles
11-15-2012, 09:54 PM

http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/29/Wm9XYzZXUkhLRUUx_o_abe-simpson-on-missouri.jpg

ammtd34
11-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Someone needs to inform Brandon that our men's soccer team just defeated Kentucky in the first round of the NCAA tourney. A-10 > SEC

To be fair, there is no SEC soccer. Kentucky plays in Conference USA.

Masterofreality
11-16-2012, 07:14 AM
To be fair, there is no SEC soccer. Kentucky plays in Conference USA.

Yeah, there ain't no confusion as to what foo-bawl is in their league. :laugh:

Xpectations
11-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Torraye Braggs doesn't see what the big deal is about getting a stud from California. Anthony Coleman wishes he could agree.

Derek Strong agrees with Torraye.

kyxu
11-16-2012, 10:53 AM
For what it's worth, Derrick Brown was originally from Oakland.

XUFan09
11-16-2012, 01:02 PM
For what it's worth, Derrick Brown was originally from Oakland.

Wow, how the hell did he end up in Dayton?

kyxu
11-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Wow, how the hell did he end up in Dayton?

I think some would argue it's a lateral move

SixFig
11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Let's not forget that Xavier and Chris Mack will be here in LA next week so hopefully things will resolve positively by then.

LA Muskie
11-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Let's not forget that Xavier and Chris Mack will be here in LA next week so hopefully things will resolve positively by then.
That's right! See you there on Thursday, 6Fig?

Masterofreality
11-16-2012, 06:39 PM

Sounds like perfect timing to me.

STL_XUfan
11-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm at the mizzou game, so if Randolph is at Mizzou tonight ill yell at him to go to X.

XUFan09
11-16-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm at the mizzou game, so if Randolph is at Mizzou tonight ill yell at him to go to X.

Good man.

Ledgewood
11-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Good play. You get the game ball.

xudash
11-17-2012, 01:04 PM
The world will not end if he doesn't commit, but I cannot wait for this kid to commit to Xavier. After what we've been through, and for the very important purpose of demonstrating that we will not miss a beat, I really am looking forward to the confirming tweet or article that evidences he will become a Musketeer......Go X.

xudash
11-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Brandon is witnessing Mizzou being beaten by a crappy Syracuse team.

Not exactly positive vibes going on in Columbia right now. Hey, I'll lean on anything that I can in order for us to receive a commitment from this kid.

xudash
11-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Brandon is witnessing Mizzou being beaten by a crappy Syracuse team.

Not exactly positive vibes going on in Columbia right now. Hey, I'll lean on anything that I can in order for us to receive a commitment from this kid.

paulxu
11-18-2012, 09:10 AM
3 days left in the signing period.
Who is coming? Where is Chris Thomas?

Xu Red Dogg
11-18-2012, 09:36 AM
@BRandolph3
11/18/12, 3:07 AM
Hardest decision of my life.

GoMuskies
11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Don't bother the kid on Twitter.

Muskie
11-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Can we give this kid some reasons to come to X!

@BRandolph3

And commit a potential recruiting violation? NO THANKS

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Jweinka
11-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Brandon Randolph ‏@BRandolph3
RT“@Richardsonmike2: 2013 (CA) PG Brandon Randolph will officially make his college decision on Tuesday between Xavier and Missouri.”

Hope we get him!

xudash
11-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Can we give this kid some reasons to come to X!

@BRandolph3

How crazy this stuff can be. He was a mental lock for X before the trip; he was ready to commit. At least that's what it seemed like. Then someone virtually forces him to make the trip to Mizzou. Now it's the hardest decision of his life.

I hope he makes the right one by going with his first instinct.

DC Muskie
11-18-2012, 09:39 PM
How crazy this stuff can be. He was a mental lock for X before the trip; he was ready to commit. At least that's what it seemed like. Then someone virtually forces him to make the trip to Mizzou. Now it's the hardest decision of his life.

I hope he makes the right one by going with his first instinct.

He might want to go to Xavier and everyone else wants him to Missouri. Seems like every adult thinks going to a football school is some huge advantage in the develop of kids.

xsteve1
11-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Mack and the rest of the staff just keep taking gut punch after gut punch. Thank God they're not letting it affect the results on the court. We really need this kid.

X-man
11-19-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm hopeful that because he didn't commit to Mizzou over the weekend, that his decision on Tuesday will be the Muskies.

xudash
11-19-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm hopeful that because he didn't commit to Mizzou over the weekend, that his decision on Tuesday will be the Muskies.

That's a very good point. I'll rely on that.

It could be anything. Perhaps it could be nothing more than the adults saying "it's a big decision; don't rush into it; at least make the trip so that you can see what else is out there. Make the trip and decide early next week, after you've chewed on it." Maybe it's that simple.

Otherwise, if there are certain adults who have an agenda for the young man, then they picked him up at LAX and immediately began telling him how great BCS schools can be, etc.

Here's what I'm going with: the young man really bonded with Chris Mack. I see that as trumping anything the slimeball from Mizzou was able to conjure up in the relationship building department.

XUmeat
11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
After his visit, he tweeted at Phil Pressey. Pressey responded to him, and Randolph Retweeted Pressey's response. That made me more than a little nervous.

GoMuskies
11-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Perhaps he just had a good visit to Mizzou, liked the place, and it's actually a really difficult decision for him. Disclaimer: I forgot to wear my tin foil hat today.

paulxu
11-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Missouri fans tweet him.

ArizonaXUGrad
11-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Missouri fans tweet him.

Really? The SEC commits recruiting violations....no way! Did you know the sky is also blue and water is wet? Me either.

boozehound
11-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Mack and the rest of the staff just keep taking gut punch after gut punch. Thank God they're not letting it affect the results on the court. We really need this kid.

I'm not sure I think this is really a crucial recruit for X. I certainly hope we land him, but we have Semaj and Dee right now who are both very capable at the point. Landing a stud PG in 2014 does become absolutely critical if we don't get Randolph though. Really I would rather see us score a very good SG in 2013 vs. a PG (which, I guess, we kind of are with Myles Davis coming on next year).

SpectorJersey
11-19-2012, 10:34 AM
He's a combo guard Booze

xsteve1
11-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure I think this is really a crucial recruit for X. I certainly hope we land him, but we have Semaj and Dee right now who are both very capable at the point. Landing a stud PG in 2014 does become absolutely critical if we don't get Randolph though. Really I would rather see us score a very good SG in 2013 vs. a PG (which, I guess, we kind of are with Myles Davis coming on next year).

Booze, most experts are saying Semaj will only be here for 1 year 2 years tops before moving on to the NBA. We need this kid.

xlax
11-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Booze, most experts are saying Semaj will only be here for 1 year 2 years tops

Who is saying that? Not trying to be a dick, but I haven't really seen anyone I would consider to be an expert make a prediction on his future so I'm curious who you've heard say this.

DC Muskie
11-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Who is saying that? Not trying to be a dick, but I haven't really seen anyone I would consider to be an expert make a prediction on his future so I'm curious who you've heard say this.

If you consider Brian Snow an expert.

GoMuskies
11-19-2012, 11:36 AM
If you consider Brian Snow an expert.

On something other than knowing where high school kids are thinking about going?

DC Muskie
11-19-2012, 11:38 AM
On something other than knowing where high school kids are thinking about going?

He did say Jordan Crawford would stay a year. He's making the same comparison with Semaj. Who knows, Snow is the only one saying it, mostly because no one else cares.

xsteve1
11-19-2012, 11:45 AM
He is saying NBA scouts are comparing him to Lillard. The NBA drafts on potential and Semaj oozes it.

GoMuskies
11-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Okay, Snow is also pretty good at talking to people who ARE experts and reporting what they say. So that thought could be out there. Hopefully it's two years.

DC Muskie
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
He is saying NBA scouts are comparing him to Lillard. The NBA drafts on potential and Semaj oozes it.

I love when people use the word "ooze" when describing a skill set.

It's so boring to say he simply posses the potential to be a really good player. He oozes potential. Out of his ear. Oh and nose. He oozes it out of his nose. Ooze everywhere.

DC Muskie
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Okay, Snow is also pretty good at talking to people who ARE experts and reporting what they say. So that thought could be out there. Hopefully it's two years.

You have pretty much summed up all journalism.

GoMuskies
11-19-2012, 12:03 PM
You have pretty much summed up all journalism.

Well, that's why Snow has a job. If we were to believe that Snow was calling Semaj to the NBA after a year or two based on his personal observations, I'd give it about as much credence as I give LH's thoughts on conference realignment.

xlax
11-19-2012, 12:04 PM

sooo, just so we're clear when you said "most experts" it meant Brian Snow and a few scouts he has talked to?

None of the 2013 or 2014 NBA mock drafts that I've seen have him on them. Not that it means he won't eventually be there, but if "most experts" thought he'd be gone after a year or two i think they'd be smart enough to put him in their mocks.

Having said all that he is a 20 year old freshman which is pretty old so I could see him wanting to get out early.

LA Muskie
11-19-2012, 12:13 PM
For the most part, the NBA recruits BIGS on potential. That's because they are far more rare, and their front offices believe they need to get out ahead of their competition. Guards tend to stick around longer. The odds that a true freshman point guard on a borderline NCAA tournament team playing primarily A-10 competition is predicted to go in the 1st round of the NBA draft (and hence is even inclined to consider leaving early) are very, very, very, very low. Semaj may leave early. It may even be a probability. But after 1 year? This year?? To the NBA??? Not happening.

xsteve1
11-19-2012, 12:15 PM
sooo, just so we're clear when you said "most experts" it meant Brian Snow and a few scouts he has talked to?

None of the 2013 or 2014 NBA mock drafts that I've seen have him on them. Not that it means he won't eventually be there, but if "most experts" thought he'd be gone after a year or two i think they'd be smart enough to put him in their mocks.

Having said all that he is a 20 year old freshman which is pretty old so I could see him wanting to get out early.

Okay scratch the "most" and lets just call it "some". The kid is a stud.

xlax
11-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Okay scratch the "most" and lets just call it "some". The kid is a stud.

We can agree that he's a stud and again im not saying he wont leave after a year or two, but he still has some things to work on. Namely off the ball D and his jump shot.

I think some of it has to do with his elbow, but he hasn't looked comfortable shooting the J to me.

xlax
11-19-2012, 12:20 PM
For the most part, the NBA recruits BIGS on potential. That's because they are far more rare, and their front offices believe they need to get out ahead of their competition. Guards tend to stick around longer. The odds that a true freshman point guard on a borderline NCAA tournament team playing primarily A-10 competition is predicted to go in the 1st round of the NBA draft (and hence is even inclined to consider leaving early) are very, very, very, very low. Semaj may leave early. It may even be a probability. But after 1 year? This year?? To the NBA??? Not happening.

The other thing that will hurt him is Dee Davis. If they keep playing Semaj off the ball with Davis at the point I don't know that scouts will get enough of a read on him as a true point.

I know Xavier is doing this out of necessity, but it won't help him get drafted after this year.

XU 87
11-19-2012, 01:16 PM
RT“@Richardsonmike2: 2013 (CA) PG Brandon Randolph will officially make his college decision on Tuesday between Xavier and Missouri.”

Hope we get him!

You, me and just about everyone else who follows Xavier basketball.

Come to Xavier. Come to Xavier.

xeus
11-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I want this kid bad. Come to Xavier!

bleedXblue
11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
come to X come to x come to x !!!!!!!!!

DC Muskie
11-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Come to Xavier!
Come to Xavier!
Come to Xavier!

Masterofreality
11-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Come to.....errrr, Xavier.

Muskie
11-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Reminder: Re contacting recruits
We thought we'd bring everybody's attention to the following:

Please be aware that NO written, telephonic or in-person communication is permitted between a recruit and a booster of an NCAA institution regardless of the medium. Please note the following paragraph describing the NCAA rule governing this type of contact and clarifying that anyone who encourages a recruit to attend Xavier University is automatically considered a booster.

The NCAA rules which govern the actions that have been deemed impermissible in this instance are: NCAA Bylaw 13.01.4 prohibits a booster from “making in-person, on- or off-campus recruiting contacts, or written or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians.” (this includes message boards, posting on myspace, facebook, and other such mediums).

Many claim that they are not a booster because they do not contribute financially to the University. However, NCAA Bylaw 13.02.13 states that one criteria defining someone as a booster is anyone “who is known (or who should have been known) by a member of the institution’s executive or athletics administration to be assisting in the recruitment of prospects.”

In short. Don't contact these guys via, twitter, FB, or any other social medium.

Furthermore. Recruits and their families DO read forums like this. Remember that when posting.

bigdiggins
11-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Reminder: Re contacting recruits
We thought we'd bring everybody's attention to the following:

Please be aware that NO written, telephonic or in-person communication is permitted between a recruit and a booster of an NCAA institution regardless of the medium. Please note the following paragraph describing the NCAA rule governing this type of contact and clarifying that anyone who encourages a recruit to attend Xavier University is automatically considered a booster.

The NCAA rules which govern the actions that have been deemed impermissible in this instance are: NCAA Bylaw 13.01.4 prohibits a booster from “making in-person, on- or off-campus recruiting contacts, or written or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians.” (this includes message boards, posting on myspace, facebook, and other such mediums).

Many claim that they are not a booster because they do not contribute financially to the University. However, NCAA Bylaw 13.02.13 states that one criteria defining someone as a booster is anyone “who is known (or who should have been known) by a member of the institution’s executive or athletics administration to be assisting in the recruitment of prospects.”

In short. Don't contact these guys via, twitter, FB, or any other social medium.

Furthermore. Recruits and their families DO read forums like this. Remember that when posting.

So while I was waiting on my wife outside the little store inside the Cintas Center and he walked up and stood next to me on his official visit it would have been impermissible contact to say "Hi Brandon, hope you enjoy your visit." Seems like an odd rule. Good to know. I guess I'm glad he was in a conversation or I may have said hello and broken a rule.

Muskie
11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
So while I was waiting on my wife outside the little store inside the Cintas Center and he walked up and stood next to me on his official visit it would have been impermissible contact to say "Hi Brandon, hope you enjoy your visit." Seems like an odd rule. Good to know. I guess I'm glad he was in a conversation or I may have said hello and broken a rule.

I don't think wishing someone well on their visit (as you did proposed above) is a violation, but I definitely think tweeting someone and saying please come to X or something like that is over the line if you qualify as a booster. With the expansive definition of booster I bet many on this board qualify.

paulxu
11-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Can I play pick up ball games with recruits like Swampy?

XUFan09
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM

Haha well done

bigdiggins
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM

Oh Swampy picks up their balls allright...

XU 87
11-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Getting back on topic:

Come to Xavier. Come to Xavier.

Xu Red Dogg
11-19-2012, 08:50 PM
For some reason I have a good feeling. I think X gets this one done.

What time is Brandon announcing tomorrow?

Masterofreality
11-19-2012, 09:43 PM
All Brandon has to do is remember the game in 1987 when Xavier beat Mizzou in the NCAA Tournament. Uh. #notbornyet

nkymuskie
11-19-2012, 11:19 PM
All Brandon has to do is remember the game in 1987 when Xavier beat Mizzou in the NCAA Tournament. Uh. #notbornyet

I wasn't even a glimmer in my parents eyes yet. Still 4 years away

nuts4xu
11-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I wasn't even a glimmer in my parents eyes yet. Still 4 years away

In other words....MOR is old as dirt!!

He is so old, I think he knew Jesus Christ when he walked the Earth.

wkrq59
11-20-2012, 01:25 AM

Since I'm older than MOR, what does that make me? Be careful!!!!! The wrath of Bear is nigh!!!BTW, ESPN stillhas the kid committed to X???

Masterofreality
11-20-2012, 05:55 AM

You're too good to me, son....taking years off my true age like that.

Try Cro-Magnon Man. Now THAT was a contemporary.

danaandvictory
11-20-2012, 08:21 AM
You're too good to me, son....taking years off my true age like that.

Try Cro-Magnon Man. Now THAT was a contemporary.

I thought you were going to say "Cro-Magnon Man. A worthy adversary." and that would have made me laugh for twenty minutes.

X-Fan
11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Come to Xavier. Come to Xavier. Come to Xavier. Come to Xavier.

Backyard Champ
11-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Any idea on when he is making his announcement today?

nkymuskie
11-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Any idea on when he is making his announcement today?

No one really has any idea. Doesn't look like the schools even really know. He's from California so I wouldn't expect anything before noon eastern time at the absolute earliest.

Muskeagle
11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Wake up, Brandon. Come to Xavier.

HuskyMuskie
11-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Early odds indicating a smell of the DSR commitment in the air -- any takers?

Missouri - 5:3
Xavier - 2:1

mistabeecee41
11-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Early odds indicating a smell of the DSR commitment in the air -- any takers?

Missouri - 5:3
Xavier - 2:1

Gut is giving me bad vibes on this one. No kind of factual information whatsoever, just don't have a good feeling about this.

XUOWNSUC
11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm feeling good about this one. I think he is going to pick the school where b-ball is king, where he will graduate, where he will go to Sweet 16s with regularity, and where he will hone his skills for the NBA.

xudash
11-20-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm feeling good about this one. I think he is going to pick the school where b-ball is king, where he will graduate, where he will elevate the school to its first F4 appearances, and where he will hone his skills for the NBA.

Fixed that for you.

GIMMFD
11-20-2012, 12:02 PM
I have a good feeling too, I think Brandon Randolph will be in a X uniform.

paulxu
11-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Don't we have a few other open scholarships? Is there any chance there might be others besides Richards and Randolph?

BMoreX
11-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Announcing at 3 PM EST

ChicagoX
11-20-2012, 02:09 PM
The Xavier Popes have tweeted that Randolph has committed to Xavier.

ChicagoX
11-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Nevermind, that was from six days ago...sorry for the false alarm and I can't figure out how to delete.

boozehound
11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Xavier it is!!!

Juice
I want to thank my family, coaches and everybody involved with me making a decision to what school I'm going to.... Xavier it is!

Mack Attack
From Brandon's Twitter: I want to thank my family, coaches and everybody involved with me making a decision to what school I'm going to.... Xavier it is!

Pete Delkus
Nevermind, that was from six days ago...sorry for the false alarm and I can't figure out how to delete.

Well, now you are right.

Nice!

bleedXblue
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
F an A.....

Boom !

Great get Mack and Company !

Muskeagle
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
from brandon's twitter: I want to thank my family, coaches and everybody involved with me making a decision to what school i'm going to.... Xavier it is!

sweeeeeeeeeettttt!!!!!!

X-Fan
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
I want to thank my family, coaches and everybody involved with me making a decision to what school I'm going to.... Xavier it is!

Exciting news! I'm hesitant to celebrate until his LOI is signed. Anyone know when we can expect that?

SM#24
11-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Exciting news! I'm hesitant to celebrate until his LOI is signed. Anyone know when we can expect that?

Maybe he'll hand it to Mack when they get off the plane

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWOsbGP5Ox4

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FWOsbGP5Ox4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GIMMFD
Awesome, great clutch signing, well done Mack and Co.

Boro Muskie
Hope he can make the 30 mile trek to Anaheim to validate further his decision.

XUFan09
11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Hope he can make the 30 mile trek to Anaheim to validate further his decision.

I wonder if he'll watch the games this week. It has to be his easiest opportunity to do this whole season.

FIGHTING MUSKETEER
11-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Long Live the X.

danaandvictory
11-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Really stoked for the XU coaching staff on this one. They put a ton of effort (multiple cross-country trips) into this recruitment and are really high on Randolph's potential. After a tough offseason it's been a great couple of weeks with the three commits and a solid start on the court.

HuskyMuskie
11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Long Live the X.

Quite the quote you have there :wink:

WELCOME BRANDOLPH!!!

xsteve1
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Big get for X. This kid is tough, strong and a good athlete.

RealDeal
11-20-2012, 02:42 PM
The rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.

xudash
11-20-2012, 03:02 PM
GladenGuy, come wash yourself in these cleansing waters. Feel the goodness that is the continuing rise of Xavier Basketball, following a small* patch of turbulence.

* - as compared to the greatness of this program.

What great news this is!!! Congrats to the staff and Randolph for making the right decision.

FIGHTING MUSKETEER
11-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Quite the quote you have there :wink:

WELCOME BRANDOLPH!!!

Yes sir and I'll be looking for a new avatar since the X is healing no more. The sleeping giant has awaken.

Olsingledigit
11-20-2012, 03:39 PM
MOR, Cro Magnon Man was not human. What does that say about you?

Welcome Brandon, we are excited to have you aboard.

CinciX12
11-20-2012, 03:42 PM

Because of a kid who is going to be playing NEXT season? Great logic there. You should for sure buy national championship tickets for this season.

Drew's Crew
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Because of a kid who is going to be playing NEXT season? Great logic there. You should for sure buy national championship tickets for this season.

I was going to give you some smartass response, but I think that you really just don't understand what ripple effects our season and offseason could have had in recruiting. If that we're to be the case, we would be down for 5 years instead of one.

That is why everyone is so happy about these commitments.

Thanks for pissing on our parade though just to be a pain.

I love when people can't allow others to be excited if they aren't.

GoMuskies
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Logic is weird.

boozehound
11-20-2012, 03:53 PM
I was going to give you some smartass response, but I think that you really just don't understand what ripple effects our season and offseason could have had in recruiting. If that we're to be the case, we would be down for 5 years instead of one.

You said it perfectly. Very well put.

ArizonaXUGrad
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
With Randolph now committed, that leaves XU with two open scholarships assuming again Stenger doesn't get one. Really that is one for Stenger if he earns it and another is open.

Are the coaches on anyone this year or do those in the know think they will pocket that scholarship for 2014?

CinciX12
11-20-2012, 04:03 PM

I am excited. I'm just not unreasonably excited.

surfxu
11-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Giggitty! A question was asked on the coach's show last night about "the recent signing of two recruits". Coach Mack politely said "we have not signed two recruits" knowing that he can't discuss anything until LOI's are received. The caller changed the topic to Xavier's growing reputation as a basketball power across the country in places like California and Texas and how it is affecting recruiting. Mack offered to take the caller on recruiting trips to tell Xavier story.

paulxu
11-20-2012, 04:07 PM
The Xavier Popes are infallible.

Xavier
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
I am excited. I'm just not unreasonably excited.

I don't think the excitment is just about Randolph- its the fact that despite everything, it appears recruiting didn't miss a beat. That is something to be pretty excited about all things considered.

bleedXblue
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
With Randolph now committed, that leaves XU with two open scholarships assuming again Stenger doesn't get one. Really that is one for Stenger if he earns it and another is open.

Are the coaches on anyone this year or do those in the know think they will pocket that scholarship for 2014?

With as many new faces as we have next year, it might not be a bad idea to hold off on adding anyone else........

blueblob06
11-20-2012, 04:36 PM
With as many new faces as we have next year, it might not be a bad idea to hold off on adding anyone else........
I would tend to agree, unless maybe there is a 5th year graduate student that fits a niche Mack is looking for (no idea who/what that'd be, just sayin').

xudash
11-20-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't think the excitment is just about Randolph- its the fact that despite everything, it appears recruiting didn't miss a beat. That is something to be pretty excited about all things considered.

This.

We're witnessing the continuing development of a national program. Practically every school/program takes hits from time to time, and in many different flavors. We had a PR nightmare, the transfer of a seasoned, talented player, and we had that other episode that caused us to lose someone we really enjoyed having here.

Frankly, he already looks like a man, based on some of his video clips. At the end of the day, we snagged a very good recruit, from the left coast, and over Mizzou.

That's good on more than just one level.

Masterofreality
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM

Well stated. Welcome to the family B.

RealDeal
11-20-2012, 05:14 PM

We have a winner.

SixFig
11-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Thats what Missou gets for taking Oriakhi!

(not that we ever HAD him but still...)

Steve A
11-20-2012, 07:05 PM

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/112012aac.html

Masterofreality
11-20-2012, 07:17 PM
CINCINNATI --- Xavier University head coach Chris Mack announced today that he has received National Letters of Intent from 6-1 guard Brandon Randolph (Inglewood, Calif./Inglewood High) and 6-6 small forward Kamall Richards (Henryville, Pa./South Kent). Richards transferred to the Connecticut prep school South Kent this past year after playing at St. Benedict’s Prep in Newark, N.J.

Done deal..twice. Rest easy.

X-Fan
11-20-2012, 07:23 PM
http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/112012aac.html

Winner winner Chicken Dinner! Fantastic recovery by coach Mack! These kids look like really solid talents! Can't wait to see them next year!

Go X!!!!

waggy
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
The sky's not falling??

Never had a doubt.

Cheesehead
11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Christmas came early! Best news I have heard all week.

Xaveriana
11-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Inglewood always up to no good!

DC Muskie
11-20-2012, 08:13 PM
The sky's not falling??

Never had a doubt.

Boom.

danaandvictory
11-20-2012, 08:27 PM

It gives them flexibility for a transfer or they can stash it for 2014. The '14 class is pretty deep in the Midwest. Also there's always the chance of a highly touted guy getting Pattersoned and coming available in the spring.

Masterofreality
11-20-2012, 08:41 PM
It gives them flexibility for a transfer or they can stash it for 2014. The '14 class is pretty deep in the Midwest. Also there's always the chance of a highly touted guy getting Pattersoned and coming available in the spring.

Well, Chris Thomas is still not committed to anyone else. :seestars:

GoMuskies
11-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Well, Chris Thomas is still not committed to anyone else. :seestars:

Manhattan. Slimy Rick's protege (and ultra d-bag) Steve Masiello landed him with a big assist from Rasheen Davis. Kind of a fun choice for him, I suppose. He'll get to do whatever he wants, score a bunch of points and exit to the league after a year. He probably won't win much, though.

xsteve1
11-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Manhattan. Slimy Rick's protege (and ultra d-bag) Steve Masiello landed him with a big assist from Rasheen Davis. Kind of a fun choice for him, I suppose. He'll get to do whatever he wants, score a bunch of points and exit to the league after a year. He probably won't win much, though.

Had nothing to do with Masiello. I say he has about 25% chance he even shows up at Manhattan, Europe is probably more realistic.

GoMuskies
11-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Massiello hired Davis.

SemajParlor
11-21-2012, 12:21 AM
The Xavier Popes are infallible.

Fudge the Xavier Popes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKdBlKgquw

DC Muskie
11-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Massiello hired Davis.

Critical point to remember here.

NY44
11-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Fudge the Xavier Popes.

Wait, so have the popes confirmed that Rick Boering confirmed yet? If not I'm worried we're all celebrating a bit prematurely.

xsteve1
11-24-2012, 11:59 PM
He's a new interview with Brandon.

http://www.nationalrecruitingspotlight.com/2012/11/25/brandon-randolph-interview-talks-xavier-recruiting-others/

xunorm
12-08-2012, 07:39 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=4648

Holiday tourney update for ESPN Insiders... looking more and more like an extremely good get with a great comparison

bobbiemcgee
12-09-2012, 10:42 AM
http://ballislife.com/brandon-randolph-brings-the-truth-back-to-inglewood-high-school-xavier-bound-pg-has-game/

ammtd34
12-18-2012, 09:07 AM
ESPN upgraded Randolph to 4 Star yesterday.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/124478/brandon-randolph

principal
12-18-2012, 11:31 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/124478/brandon-randolph

I thought when X signed someone they automatically and instantly went down in the rankings?

ArizonaXUGrad
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM

They show him as signed when he can't officially sign until next spring I believe. Did he actually sign or is ESPN failing again?

xu drew
12-18-2012, 12:09 PM
They show him as signed when he can't officially sign until next spring I believe. Did he actually sign or is ESPN failing again?

He did, in fact, sign his LOI last month.

xu95
12-18-2012, 01:13 PM
I thought when X signed someone they automatically and instantly went down in the rankings?

But now that we will be in the Big East, BESPN will obviously give our recruits the bump now.

GIMMFD
12-18-2012, 01:31 PM

I think you confused Brandon Randolph with Melvin Swift, Randolph is in the 2013 class.

Masterofreality
12-18-2012, 02:17 PM

But now that we will be in the Big East, BESPN will obviously give our recruits the bump now.

This. Wise men.

ammtd34
01-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Randolph jumps to #81 in the newest Scout top 100.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2013&cfg=bb

blueblob06
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Randolph jumps to #81 in the newest Scout top 100.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2013&cfg=bb
Woohoo!

PMI
01-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Nice to see some respect in the rankings, but I've never had any doubt since we started recruiting him that Brandon Randolph is going to be one hell of a player. He will be a stud for us. I hope he is able to get comfortable right away like Semaj, because we could use the help.

ArizonaXUGrad
02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Sending some luck his way tomorrow against Mater Dei in the California state tourney.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Might already be posted. I apologize if it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PIJYZ3mCKVI

Smails
03-11-2013, 01:52 PM
How nice is it going to be to have another ball handler on the court next year?

paulxu
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
I liked that great pass in high speed transition.
But what is it with the off hand layup opportunity? I know the competition in high school is watered down compared to college, but don't they teach you to layup with your offhand anymore?
Semaj is learning that the hard way this year. Got to develop the off hand for layups.

Mel Cooley XU'81
03-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Boy, that was a long night for the team in blue...

smileyy
03-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Maybe this has been covered somewhere in the other 20 pages of this thread -- but is he really 6'1" like the recruiting sites say? Maybe my visual calibration is off, but he looked < 6'.

Mel Cooley XU'81
03-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Maybe this has been covered somewhere in the other 20 pages of this thread -- but is he really 6'1" like the recruiting sites say? Maybe my visual calibration is off, but he looked < 6'.

This.

bigdiggins
03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
I was standing next to him when we was on his visit. I'm 5'10 and he was taller than I am. He may not be full 6'1" but he would at least be 6' rounded.

XU-PA
03-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Might already be posted. I apologize if it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PIJYZ3mCKVI

that is awesome, i love his control of the "floater" outside of the baseline 3 one of the toughest shots to consistently hit,

More Cowbell
05-01-2013, 01:06 PM
He is up to #86 on ESPN.