PDA

View Full Version : Live Chat?

X-band '01
11-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Did Live Chat permanently disappear when the board was upgraded a few months ago? Now would be a good time to find it if it's hidden someplace else behind the Iron Curtain.

paulxu
11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
If LiveChat devolves into some form of twitter universe deal...I'm screwed.

Muskie
11-02-2012, 08:35 AM
The old chat software no longer worked with our forum software. We've been looking for replacements....

Jesuit4Life
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Might I suggest using tinychat? You can sign up a room and may be able to embed it in a page here.

Muskie
11-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Probably the option we will use. Just have to find time to implement.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BlueGuy
11-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Is this up and running? Just wondering if I should bust out the laptop for the game, or not...

Strange Brew
11-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Please bring back live chat. I miss cursing, crying and rejoicing with the regular crew.

waggy
11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Me too. This needs to be fixed.

BlueGuy
11-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Just checking.....?

Ledgewood
11-17-2012, 12:48 PM
I say f it, let's all get AOL again. CHAT ROOM!!!

bjf123
11-17-2012, 12:50 PM
The old chat room still works on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waggy
11-17-2012, 12:53 PM

Do you have a link? I dug up the link from an old game thread, and it says it's gone.

BlueGuy
11-17-2012, 12:59 PM
This is pretty much the only Xavier site I ever visit. Does one of the other Xavier sites offer live chat? I saw a link for a game thread on Banners on the Parkway. I've never been there on game day. Is it just a game thread, or live chat? Doesn't seem to be much going on there at the moment.

Edit: ugh, just another "thread". I miss the live chat. Was nice to feel like I was watching the games with all you guys. Plus it made me feel like I wasn't really drinking by myself.

paulxu
11-17-2012, 01:01 PM

Are you in that chat room by yourself? How's it going?

bjf123
11-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Are you in that chat room by yourself? How's it going?

Great conversation!

LadyMuskie
11-17-2012, 04:08 PM
We need to fix this Live Chat issue! I'd like to say it's solely for Blue Guy, who's been the most vocal about it, but it's also for people like me who are stuck at home watching when the rest of my family and most of my friends (who care) are at the game and are also getting annoyed by my texts which draw them away from the game (they're all so selfish!). Of course, I have absolutely no suggestions on how to fix it, but would like for it to be fixed.

Strange Brew
11-17-2012, 04:26 PM
We need to fix this Live Chat issue! I'd like to say it's solely for Blue Guy, who's been the most vocal about it, but it's also for people like me who are stuck at home watching when the rest of my family and most of my friends (who care) are at the game and are also getting annoyed by my texts which draw them away from the game (they're all so selfish!). Of course, I have absolutely no suggestions on how to fix it, but would like for it to be fixed.

This, and it is one of the rare places we openly discuss Lady's tiny, tiny woman brain...

paulxu
11-17-2012, 04:31 PM
This, and it is one of the rare places we openly discuss Lady's tiny, tiny woman brain...

That's because LiveChat always let you change your screen name in that chat room. You wouldn't do that in public I'm thinking. Rule #1.

Muskie
11-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Now that im back im making it a priority to get it figured out this week. I appreciate everyone's patience.

LadyMuskie
11-17-2012, 07:02 PM

Well now that you've broken Rule #1 of Live Chat, discussing my tiny, tiny woman brain is off limits! :wink:

Strange Brew
11-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Well now that you've broken Rule #1 of Live Chat, discussing my tiny, tiny woman brain is off limits! :wink:

You're right, the first rule of live chat is we do not discuss the discourse of live chat.

X-band '01
11-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I think there's another word that LadyMuskie declared off-limits in Live Chat; I can't remember what it was now.

BlueGuy
11-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Now that im back im making it a priority to get it figured out this week. I appreciate everyone's patience.

You're a great American Muskie.

coasterville95
11-17-2012, 10:15 PM
What happens in live chat stays in live chat.

That's what makes it better than the game thread for certain heat of the moments remarks.

BlueGuy
12-05-2012, 08:46 PM
I really don't intend on being a pest.... But, is Live Chat close to making its triumphant return? Being one of the posters living out of town, I really enjoyed the live chat during our games the past few seasons. I miss it quite a bit.

Muskie
12-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Anyone have any experience with google hangouts? Maybe that could be a solution?

aceylone7777
12-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Any word on this? I can't watch this by myself...

BlueGuy
12-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Any word on this? I can't watch this by myself...

I actually just logged in to ask that very question...

BlueGuy
12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyone have any experience with google hangouts? Maybe that could be a solution?

I used it once for a fantasy football draft. Is there a limit on the amount of people that can join? Can we link it to the page here, so everyone sees it?

LadyMuskie
12-19-2012, 06:00 PM
I found this place called zippychat. I set up this room. All are welcome. I have no idea how successful it will be or if it will work at all, but it's something. I also have no idea how safe it is, so keep that in mind!

http://zippychat.com/room/yhwjv

LadyMuskie
12-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Also, talk of my tiny woman brain is acceptable (to a point) while the word breasticles is NEVER acceptable!! :)

blobfan
12-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Also, talk of my tiny woman brain is acceptable (to a point) while the word breasticles is NEVER acceptable!! :)

Wow. That's an interesting statement to see upon first entering a conversation. I'm going to need to find out how we got to this point.

LadyMuskie
12-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't remember how the thing about a tiny woman brain started. I think it was because I was insulted by a UC fan when he tried to negative rep me and I brought it up in LC. Maybe. I really don't remember. Strangebrew might, but I don't. As for breasticles, I hate that term and like every other place where guys congregate it doesn't take long for boobs and arse to come up in the conversation! XBand uses it just to upset me. :happy:

X-band '01
12-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Either that or I'm just agog whenever I hear that word used iby Michael Scott n the Office.

But that wasn't the word I was referencing in Live Chat (tonight, at least).

Strange Brew
12-19-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't remember how the thing about a tiny woman brain started. I think it was because I was insulted by a UC fan when he tried to negative rep me and I brought it up in LC. Maybe. I really don't remember. Strangebrew might, but I don't. As for breasticles, I hate that term and like every other place where guys congregate it doesn't take long for boobs and arse to come up in the conversation! XBand uses it just to upset me. :happy:

Believe it had to do with a conversation about how the Germans named San Diego. You know, when in Rome...

blobfan
12-20-2012, 12:13 PM

I don't find that word as offensive as you but believe it is mis-used often. Any man that uses it should first have to admit that if they deserve the name, our -icles are bigger than yours and therefor by male logic, we are superior.
:biggrin:

LadyMuskie
12-20-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't find that word as offensive as you but believe it is mis-used often. Any man that uses it should first have to admit that if they deserve the name, our -icles are bigger than yours and therefor by male logic, we are superior.

I'm not offended so much as grossed out. Boobs are pretty. Testicles, not so much. Combining the two seem to take away the prettiness of boobs. But, I agree with your logic. Not that we needed it to know we're superior, but it definitely helps :biggrin:

paulxu
12-20-2012, 08:29 PM

I'm not offended so much as grossed out. Boobs are pretty. Testicles, not so much. Combining the two seem to take away the prettiness of boobs. But, I agree with your logic. Not that we needed it to know we're superior, but it definitely helps :biggrin:

If there was some sort of award given for taking a thread off track, you two ladies would be in the Hall of Fame with these posts.

Congrats! Well played.

American X
12-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Live Chat going for Wofford:

xudash
12-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Live Chat going for Wofford:

It's asking for a password that I did not see when I first logged in. Does anyone have the password?

waggy
12-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Not needed. Just reload.

xudash
12-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Not needed. Just reload.

Thanks

Juice
12-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Is this happening again?

American X
01-02-2013, 06:55 PM