PDA

View Full Version : Links to Old Players

UCGRAD4X
09-25-2012, 05:27 PM
There used to be information about past teams, players, rosters etc.

The "X" Collection says it has links to historical information but I don't see it here.

Where do I find this kind of information?

Cheesehead
09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Google :lol:

theprofessor
07-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Google :lol:

http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/Xavier_University/165?Page=4

fellahmuskie
01-09-2014, 05:41 AM
I spent some time today combing through old Xavier rosters and basketball databases. Here's what I found on former Xavier players still playing professionally. Won't be that difficult this winter and spring for you Cincinnati-based fans to catch Adrion Graves in action :) I'm going to see Burrell in Moscow in a few weeks, as well as D Brown several times this season. I may also get to see Doellman, Sato and/or Duncan depending on Eurocup action.

Justin Doellman (Valencia, Spain)
Romain Sato (Valencia, Spain)
Derrick Brown (Lokomotiv-Kuban, Russia)
Stanley Burrell (Bnei Herzeliya, Israel)
Jason Love (M. Hainaut, Belgium)
Justin Cage (M. Hainaut, Belgium)
Tu Holloway (?)
Mark Lyons (Zadar, Croatia)
Kenny Frease (Artland Dragons, Germany)
Lionel Chalmers (Levski Sofia, Bulgaria)
Anthony Myles (Argentino, Argentina)
Brandon Cole (Al Arabi, Kuwait)
Travis Taylor (Gussing, Austria)
Josh Duncan (Hapoel J-M, Israel)
B.J. Raymond (Pyrinto Tampere, Finland)
Jamel McLean (Telekom Baskets, Germany)
Adrion Graves (Gem City Slam, Dayton, OH)
C.J. Anderson (Gem City Slam, Dayton, OH)

XUFan09
01-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Brandon Cole (http://basketball.asia-basket.com/player/Kuwait/Al_Arabi/Brandon_Cole/63896) has stats from last year in Japan, but I didn't see anything from this year. Is he still playing? Will Caudle (http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Will_Caudle/Pamukkale_Univ./52444?AmNotSure=1) has stats from the year before in Uruguay and Turkey. Not sure if he is still playing.

fellahmuskie
01-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Eurobasket said Cole is in Kuwait, but didn't have stats. I looked up Caudle, too, and couldn't find anything for this season.

nuts4xu
01-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Gem City Slam? What the hell is that?

Adrion Graves was sitting with CJ Anderson at the Xavier game the other night. Still has love for Xavier Nation.

ballyhoohoo
01-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Gem City Slam? What the hell is that?.

Sounds like an STD.

muskiefan82
01-09-2014, 10:01 AM
I thought it was a special move in GTA5

Masterofreality
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Gem City Slam? What the hell is that?

Adrion Graves was sitting with CJ Anderson at the Xavier game the other night. Still has love for Xavier Nation.

Correct...at the Butler game. Said hi to both of them. Was surprised to see Adrion.

BTW. The Gem City Slam is a semi-pro team in the UBA. Sounds like great competition for the Flint Tropics!

fellahmuskie
02-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Stan Burrell is now in Israel playing for Bnei Herzeliya. I went to the game his team played in Moscow a few weeks ago, but he didn't make the trip because of some conflict with the new coach and shortly after that moved to Israel.

Masterofreality
02-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Stan Burrell is now in Israel playing for Bnei Herzeliya. I went to the game his team played in Moscow a few weeks ago, but he didn't make the trip because of some conflict with the new coach and shortly after that moved to Israel.

Yeah, he had a one year deal with the Turkish team he was on and for whatever reason, not onthe same page with his coach for a while. Really don't know why because he prepares like a Mother and plays hard always. Maybe the system just didn't fit.

BlueGuy
02-03-2014, 08:14 AM
I tweeted back and forth with him. He said it wasn't a good fit for him or the team, so he decided to take a buy out, and get a fresh start in Israel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fellahmuskie
02-04-2014, 04:14 AM
So, C.J. is playing with Graves on the Gem City Slam, alongside Norman Plummer. Here's what their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gemcityslam.page?filter=1) page had to say about their first win of the season: "Highlights included a steal and coast to coast fast break dunk by Guard A.D. Graves in the first quarter. Forward C.J. Anderson commits highway robbery with a steal and assist in the form of a beautiful behind the back pass to Center/Forward Norman Plummer for a layup before the half. Anderson also delivered a crowd pleasing layup as the ball teetered on the edge of the rim for a moment before gracing the basket with its presence, and there it was."

Graves went for 24 pts, Anderson had 21 & 10.

ballyhoohoo
02-04-2014, 07:25 AM
So, C.J. is playing with Graves on the Gem City Slam, alongside Norman Plummer. Here's what their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gemcityslam.page?filter=1) page had to say about their first win of the season: "Highlights included a steal and coast to coast fast break dunk by Guard A.D. Graves in the first quarter. Forward C.J. Anderson commits highway robbery with a steal and assist in the form of a beautiful behind the back pass to Center/Forward Norman Plummer for a layup before the half. Anderson also delivered a crowd pleasing layup as the ball teetered on the edge of the rim for a moment before gracing the basket with its presence, and there it was."

Graves went for 24 pts, Anderson had 21 & 10.

Odd choice of words, and I wonder how big this crowd is. Bus Trip?

ammtd34
02-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Odd choice of words, and I wonder how big this crowd is. Bus Trip?

It can't be very big. They play games here (http://www.daytonlocal.com/profile-images/Burkhardt-Community-Center.jpg).

I'm not sure why they wouldn't use a high school gym. There was a semi-pro team a few years ago that played at Trent Arena in Kettering.

fellahmuskie
02-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Mark Lyons left his French team to play for a Croatian club, Zadar. Scored 13 pts in 12 min in his debut.

Graves and C.J., meanwhile, continue to stuff the statsheet for the Gem City Slam. The team is undefeated, averaging 113 pts/gm.

THRILLHOUSE
02-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Travis Taylor won All-Star Game MVP honors in the Austrian league he plays in

ballyhoohoo
02-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Travis Taylor won All-Star Game MVP honors in the Austrian league he plays in

Austria, eh? Throw another shrimp on the Barbie!

wkrq59
02-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Austria, eh? Throw another shrimp on the Barbie!

Austrian or Australian??

BBC 08
02-21-2014, 03:47 PM
He's quoting Dumb and Dumber.

Masterofreality
02-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Austrian or Australian??

He's quoting Dumb and Dumber.

Q, you gotta look out for these young, clever, sporty fellows. They know their pop culture, just like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Masterofreality
03-20-2014, 05:39 AM
From the Puerto Rican Basketball League:

Atleticos get Holloway - Mar 19, 2014

Atleticos de San German signed Tu Holloway (182-G-89, agency: R.H.Consultancy, college: Xavier) and made his preseason debut today against Bayamon. He is expected to be on the team until Tyshawn Taylor finishes in the D-League. Holloway played in Belgium for Leuven this season and averaged 17.3 points and 3.5 assists in 19 games. He also has experience in Turkey with Aliaga Petkim. His college career was at Xavier where he showed great skills on offense and averaged 17.5 poi...** [read more]

GoMuskies
03-20-2014, 09:53 AM
F Tyshawn Taylor. You don't dump Tu for Tyshawn!

muskiefan82
03-20-2014, 10:10 AM
F Tyshawn Taylor. You don't dump Tu for Tyshawn!

Tu for T, and T for Tu

Complete Nutter
05-19-2014, 08:32 AM
BJ Raymond just finished his season yesterday, scoring 16 points and grabbing 11 rebounds in the fourth final and winning the Finnish championship.

For those who don’t know, BJ played the season 2013-2014 in Finland in a town called Tampere just two hours north of Helsinki. The local team Tampereen Pyrintö started the season as one of 3 teams that were considered as favourites to win the Finnish domestic league. Pyrintö also took part in the Baltic league, something that could be compared to maybe CBI or CIT with the Euroleage being the NCAA’s, i.e. a forth or fifth ranked European competion. They finished fourth in the baltic league, getting some good tough games during the course preparing them for the Finnish playoffs.

Tampereen Pyrintö finished the regular season with the record 38 wins and 6 losses, good for first place in the standings and home court advantage throughout the playoffs. BJ Raymonds stats for the 44 regular season games were 30 MPG / 17,3 PPG/ 7,3 RPG / 1,8 APG shooting 56,2 % from two, 41,6 % from three and 76,9 % for free throws. He led the team in scoring, but the strenght of the team was excellent balance with three other guys averaging between 14 and 17 ppg. BJ played mostly at SF, but also some at the four when the team went small. During the season BJ Raymond won the player of the month award in december. In 13 playoff games (Pyrintö winning first round 3-1, semi-finals 3-2 and finals 3-1) BJ averaged 32 minutes, 16,5 points and 7,0 rebounds (shooting 44% / 38,9% / 81,7%).

A very good season for BJ from start to finish; always showing up, competing and playing good team ball and of course representing him well on and off the court. One more the Xavier faithfull can be really proud off. We’ll see where he will play next season, as the season he just had is certainly going to get him some offers from better paying leagues. In Finland the foreign pros usually get between maybe 25.000 - 50.000 USD for the season, although lately some of the bigger teams have been able to pay above that in some cases. If you don’t spend too much on booze&bitches most of that can be saved as apartment and meals are usually taken care off. Anyway, I’m certain the Pyrintö fans would love to have him back.

BJ Raymond game-by-game season 2013-2014 (http://www.basket.fi/sarjat/pelaajat/pelaaja/?season_id=87281&player_id=4838897&league_id=4)

waggy
05-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Thank you for that Nutter.

mistabeecee41
07-16-2014, 06:29 PM
I never thought I'd ever type these words but... Kenny Frease is on NBATV and just scored a point.

Yes, it's Summer league but still.

fellahmuskie
08-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Posey just got added to the Cavs coaching staff. Nice work by him. He was previously an assistant in the D-League with the Canton Charge.

Complete Nutter
11-03-2014, 08:59 AM
http://www.pallacanestrobiella.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Locandina_eurochallenge_lastampa.jpg

BJ Raymond is playing for Pallacanestro Biella in Italy, on of the most stylish teams around apparently.

nuts4xu
11-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Nice work Nutter, keep the updates coming.

PMI
11-03-2014, 09:25 AM
http://www.pallacanestrobiella.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Locandina_eurochallenge_lastampa.jpg

BJ Raymond is playing for Pallacanestro Biella in Italy, on of the most stylish teams around apparently.

Now that's a gangsta ass team photo.

BlueGuy
11-03-2014, 09:54 AM
This is cool. My brother (also a Xavier Alum) lives in Biella during the winter. I just forwarded him this. BJ will have some Xavier fans in the crowd this season for sure.

Masterofreality
11-03-2014, 09:59 AM
This is cool. My brother (also a Xavier Alum) lives in Biella during the winter. I just forwarded him this. BJ will have some Xavier fans in the crowd this season for sure.

Reps!

Does your brother run an Ice Cream business in Italy too? (Edit "Italian Ice")

BlueGuy
11-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Reps!

Does your brother run an Ice Cream business in Italy too? (Edit "Italian Ice")

No. That dude is living the dream. He married a girl from the Biella area last year, and they are headed back there for the winter months. She grew up on a farm in Cerrione, Italy. Her parents still live there. I went for a week last Nov. It is pretty awesome there. They have no plans other than to travel a bit, and now cheer on BJ.

Masterofreality
11-03-2014, 10:39 AM
No. That dude is living the dream. He married a girl from the Biella area last year, and they are headed back there for the winter months. She grew up on a farm in Cerrione, Italy. Her parents still live there. I went for a week last Nov. It is pretty awesome there. They have no plans other than to travel a bit, and now cheer on BJ.

WOW! Nice.

You coming east for the Providence or St. John's games? I'll be at both of those.

BlueGuy
11-03-2014, 12:13 PM
WOW! Nice.

You coming east for the Providence or St. John's games? I'll be at both of those.

I am definitely going to try and make one of those games. I'd really like to make the St Johns game. I haven't made any plans yet. I will get in touch with you once I do.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:01 PM
The last two weeks have been kinda crazy for me, so as a reward I decided to take 3 hours today to research every ex-Muskie I could find still playing professionally. I'm going to post each player's profile in a separate reply, because I think it would get a little too long to do it all at once.

For starters, here is a very useful page on Eurobasket.com that lists all former Xavier players and where they last played professionally: Former Xavier Players (http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA/Xavier_University/165?Page=4)

Also, per Eurobasket.com, these three Musketeers stopped playing professionally last season: Adrion Graves, Anthony Myles, Jeff Robinson.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Ironi Nahariya (5-12, 10th in Israel's Winner League)

16.9 pts, 2.5 rebs, 3.8 asts

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Halcones Rojos de Veracruz (27-6, 1st in Mexico's LNBP)

11.8 pts, 2.9 asts, 2.2 rebs, 1.2 stls

Tu's team also plays in the Liga Americas, a cup competition featuring the top Latin American clubs. Halcones Rojos is 2-1 in its group of four, needs to finish top two to advance to quarterfinals.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Alba Berlin (19-1, 1st in Germany's BBL; 2-3, 5th in Euroleague Top 16 Group E)

14.6 pts, 7.1 rebs, 2.1 asts

McLean is having a career year in Europe. He beat the Spurs in the preseason with this shot: McLean buzzer-beater (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQxX1SXICeY). And he's led Alba to its best year ever in the Euroleague. With nine games left in the Top 16, Alba still has a good shot at advancing to the quarterfinals (needs to finish top four).

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Barcelona (13-6, 5th in Spain's Liga Endesa; 3-2, 3rd in Euroleague Top 16 Group E)

11.7 pts, 4.7 rebs, 1.6 asts

Doellman made a big move this summer, signing with Barcelona, one of Europe's top clubs. He's one of the top scorers and second in minutes. A top-50 player in Europe, maybe even higher.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Mons-Hainaut (9-8, 6th in Belgium's Scooore League; 0-3, 4th in EuroChallenge Top 16 Group L)

7.1 pts, 3.3 rebs, 1.6 asts

Cage is on a decent team from Belgium. He's been there for six years. I imagine he's drawing a good paycheck and likes the stability even if his team never makes any noise in European basketball.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Mons-Hainaut (9-8, 6th in Belgium's Scooore League; 0-3, 4th in EuroChallenge Top 16 Group L)

11.2 pts, 7.2 rebs

Love is teammates with Cage. He's been with the team for three seasons and has spent his entire career in Belgium.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Artland Dragons (10-10, 8th in Germany's BBL)

8.5 pts

This one surprised me. Kenny played in Germany for two years then moved to Turkey in the summer. But he just signed with a different German team a few weeks ago. He only scored two points in his first game, but this weekend he poured in 15 points to go with 1 rebounds, two steals and 0 turnovers. Now I'm plotting how I can see both Kenny and Jamel in action when I visit Berlin this spring.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Lokomotiv-Kuban (12-5, 4th in Russia's VTB United League; 4-0, 1st in Eurocup Top 32 Group N)

15.8 pts, 5.5 rebs

Derrick continues to be one of the best players in Russia. His team is favored to win the Eurocup and make it back to the Euroleague next season. They're also in the mix in the VTB United League, though it's almost impossible to beat CSKA in a five-game playoff series. His 3-year contract with Lokomotiv is up this season, so it's possible he gives the NBA another shot or signs with a bigger European club.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Tsmoki-Minsk (3-13, 16th in Eastern Europe's VTB United League)

9.7 pts, 3.2 asts

Burrell started the season in Japan then moved to Belarus in January. He's on the worst team in the VTB United League, but he's still making decent money. I watch some of his games. A couple of his teammates are reckless 3-point shooters, so it's at fairly entertaining. The team has won three games since he's been there after starting the season something like 2-18.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Gussing (14-8, 3rd in Austria's A Bundesliga; 1-2, 4th in EuroChallenge Top 16 Group J)

15.4 pts, 9.4 rebs, 1.9 asts

Taylor's 9th in the Austrian league in scoring and 2nd in rebounding. He's been at the same team since he left Xavier. I think this article was linked on XH a few weeks ago: Travis Taylor in Austria (http://www.app.com/story/sports/college/monmouth-university/2015/01/27/travis-taylor-monmouth-xavier-europe/22423583/). It's a good read about what he's been up to in Europe.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Metalac (8-11, 10th in Adriatic League)

Chalmers just signed with this Serbian team and has yet to play in a game. He spent the first half of the season in France, but was released in early January due to a "lack of quickness and decisive point guard play" per L'Equipe.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Oklahoma City Blue (17-12, 2nd in NBA D-League Southwest Divison)

18.1 pts, 3.4 rebs, 5.5 asts

Christon's 10th in the league in assists and leads his team in scoring. I know nothing about D-League, but I would think his numbers bode well for the future, whether in the NBA or on a lucrative contract in Europe.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Brose Baskets Bamberg (17-3, 2nd in Germany's BBL; 2-2, 2nd in Eurocup Top 32 Group K)

13.5 pts, 6.2 rebs, 2.0 asts

He's playing for one of Germany's best teams and his coach is one of the best in Europe, so I'm guessing Duncan is enjoying this season quite a bit.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Ratiopharm (13-7, 4th in Germany's BBL)

3.0 pts, 1.5 rebs

Not a big contributor, but playing for a good German team, plus he gets to see ex-Musketeers Frease, Duncan and McLean every couple of weeks.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Angelico BI (12-8, 5th in Italy's A2 Gold (2nd division))

20.3 pts, 7.1 rebs, 1.9 asts

4th in scoring in Italy's 2nd divison. It'll be interesting to see if Raymond ever gets a shot at a bigger club. So far, he's played in Georgia, Slovenia, Cyprus, Argentina and Finland.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Valencia (11-8, 6th in Spain's Liga Endesa; 2-2, 2nd in Eurocup Top 32 Group N)

9.1 pts, 3.6 rebs, 1.2 asts

Sato is wrapping up an illustrious European career. He's had the best tenure overseas of any Musketeer, though Doellman isn't too far behind. Among his accomplishments: Euroleague champion (2011), Eurocup champion (2014), Italian League MVP (2010). Sato also played with Doellman last season at Valencia. I got to talk with both of them after a game in Moscow last winter which was cool.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Corio Bay StingRays (Australia's State League)

Latham just signed with one of Australia's best teams. Season starts in early March.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Misr Insurance Club, Egypt

All the information I could find about Cole is in this interview that Eurobasket.com posted last week: Brandon Cole in Egypt (http://www.usbasket.com/NCAA1/basketball.asp?NewsID=392374). It's a great read. Cole says he's averaging 19 pts and 11 rebs.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Free Agent

Crawford played five games in China then came back to America because of an eye infection. Because of China's tight restrictions on foreign players, his team decided to sign Sebastian Telfair for the remainder of the season, but kept him on contract. So, he's basically been chilling for the last two months. His contract is finally up and there is talk that he will get picked up by an NBA team soon.

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Indiana Pacers (17-32, 5th in NBA's Central Divison)

12.8 pts, 6.9 rebs, 3.4 asts

Y'all know what's he done since leaving Xavier.

GoMuskies
02-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Hard to believe West is all we have left in the NBA. He cannot have too many years left, so hopefully Semaj will hurry up and get on a roster as well.

waggy
02-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Reps, Fellah.

XUOWNSUC
02-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks for sharing this!

Is there any decent way to find out how much money they are making?

fellahmuskie
02-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Thanks for sharing this!

Is there any decent way to find out how much money they are making?

I just know about Brown. The Russian press says he's on a 3.9 million euro/3 yr contract. So about $1.5 million a year. He doesn't pay Russian taxes on that, though he may have to pay US taxes. But his housing and car over there are free, I believe.

Muskie
02-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Reps, Fellah.
Great Post Fellah!

Cheesehead
02-03-2015, 10:31 AM
These were great, Fellah. Thanks!

Masterofreality
02-23-2015, 04:33 PM
@SFFiveTu: 5 month regular season in Mexico complete.. 32-8 1st place.. 40 games 40 starts.. 12 and 3 in 22mins a night..

Masterofreality
04-16-2015, 08:54 AM
@sportando: All-Eurocup First Team
Tyrese Rice
Petteri Koponen
Sammy Mejia
Derrick Brown
Walter Tavares

BlueGuy
09-14-2015, 06:32 PM
What is going on with Stanley Burrell? Is he playing anywhere this season? It seems he is in deep with some sort of pyramid scheme per his Facebook. He played on three different teams last season. In the past he has always tweeted and posted on FB about working out for the upcoming season, and always trying to get better. This off-season though, he has posted nothing except information about the pyramid scheme he is involved in. Stan has always been one of my favorite former players. I really hope he finds his way back onto a team this year.

fellahmuskie
09-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Doellman (16) and Brown (19) are the two Musketeers on this list of top-50 contracts in Europe:

http://euroleagueadventures.com/top-50-salaries-in-the-euroleague/

fellahmuskie
11-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Tu Holloway is playing for the Mavs D-League team this season, the Texas Legends. Their games are streamed on YouTube, so I'm looking forward to watching him play occasionally. Also, per the coach and a few other blogs, he's one of the top candidates for an NBA call-up.

fellahmuskie
11-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Dee didn't make the roster for the Canton Charge. Not too surprised. I still hope he can find a deal to play professionally somewhere, but I have no idea what kind of offers he's had, if any.

D-West & PO-Z
11-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Dee didn't make the roster for the Canton Charge. Not too surprised. I still hope he can find a deal to play professionally somewhere, but I have no idea what kind of offers he's had, if any.

There are numerous leagues over seas he could play for, just probably a matter if he wants to go there or not.

XMuskieFTW
11-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Any clue what the hell happened to Justin Martin after he left SMU midseason last year to "go play professionally"? I never heard anything about him after that and couldn't find anything online.

ballyhoohoo
11-13-2015, 01:07 PM
I think he was playing in Armenia

XMuskieFTW
11-13-2015, 01:21 PM
I think he was playing in Armenia

Found him! Playing in 3rd division German basketball. Averaging 11 and 4 a game.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Germany/ScanPlus_Baskets_Elchingen/223?Page=3

bobbiemcgee
11-13-2015, 01:48 PM
These were great, Fellah. Thanks!

Ditto. Reps 9 mos. late.

bobbiemcgee
11-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Tu stars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyRV7TI35g&feature=youtu.be

fellahmuskie
05-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Awesome story on WCPO about Sherwin Anderson and the work he's doing in OTR. You have to be a WCPO Insider (I think it's $10-20/year with great discounts).

Long story short, he's working out young guys at an OTR church gym and helping them get college scholarships and opportunities in Europe. Very neat. I'm too young to know anything about his time at Xavier, but sounds like a great guy. Here's the link: http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/church-gym-in-over-the-rhine-offers-ticket-off-the-streets-for-young-men

Also, here's his website: http://www.sherwinanderson.com/

XU 87
05-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Sherwin used to give private hoops lessons to some kids at my kids' grade school. The kids, and the parents, really, really liked him.

Cheesehead
05-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Awesome story on WCPO about Sherwin Anderson and the work he's doing in OTR. You have to be a WCPO Insider (I think it's $10-20/year with great discounts).

Long story short, he's working out young guys at an OTR church gym and helping them get college scholarships and opportunities in Europe. Very neat. I'm too young to know anything about his time at Xavier, but sounds like a great guy. Here's the link: http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/church-gym-in-over-the-rhine-offers-ticket-off-the-streets-for-young-men

Also, here's his website: http://www.sherwinanderson.com/

What fantastic God-serving work by Sherwin.

bobbiemcgee
06-13-2016, 10:44 PM
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/2016/06/13/former-musketeer-brandon-cole-joins-sean-millers-arizona-staff/85846048/

xu82
06-14-2016, 07:04 AM
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/2016/06/13/former-musketeer-brandon-cole-joins-sean-millers-arizona-staff/85846048/

One of my favorite guys. Brandon Cole has such soft hands. I hope the D-Bag rec league guy who injured him realizes what a silly thing that was. Glad he got in as many years as he did and glad Sean Miller gave him a chance. Best of luck!

XMuskieFTW
06-14-2016, 08:00 AM
Mark Lyons Israeli team won their first ever championship this past weekend. Chris Wright is also on Mark's team and they beat Josh Duncan's team in the finals.

Masterofreality
08-29-2016, 07:08 AM
American big man Kenny Frease has signed a deal with Science City Jena, the team announced. Last season Frease also played in Germany with Braunschweig.

American X
11-12-2016, 06:23 AM
Darwin Davis Jr. (https://twitter.com/DeeDavisX)
‏@DeeDavisX
Good luck to my X Fam tonight in the opener! #XavierNation
RETWEETS
tdanJosh StiensBrendon feyRetire FiftyTuEmmaKevin SwangoElly VillescasMatt StebbinsAmb
3:14 PM - 11 Nov 2016
Republic of Slovenia

Caught that Dee Davis sent a good luck tweet from the Republic of Slovenia.

Fun Fact: Dee Davis is the tallest person in the Republic of Slovenia.

fellahmuskie
11-17-2016, 07:45 AM
Mark Lyons hustling on defense last night. Pretty sweet block. (http://www.basketballcl.com/16-17/news/mark-lyons-has-spectacular-chasedown-block)

Finished with 25 pts and 5 asts in a loss.

Hoopy
12-01-2016, 02:13 AM
There used to be information about past teams, players, rosters etc.

The "X" Collection says it has links to historical information but I don't see it here.

Where do I find this kind of information?

It's all on Wikipedia if you dig a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Musketeers_men's_basketball#Chris_Mack_era

Juice
12-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Video of Jalen in Italy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpHZztRg2GE&app=desktop

Muskie
12-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Video of Jalen in Italy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpHZztRg2GE&app=desktop

He looks motivated to play. No idea what the skill level is of the Italian League. Never doubted his skill. Just his motivation at times.

Juice
04-16-2017, 11:04 AM
I don't know if this was posted yet but Cincinnati Magazine did a nice interview with Doellman http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/sports-3/justin-doellman/

The most interesting part is that he's now on the Kosovo national team. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo_national_basketball_team

paulxu
04-16-2017, 01:11 PM
What do you think makes Xavier such a consistent program? They get guys who kind of carry a chip on their shoulder, that have some things to prove. Guys that fly under the radar, [who] are hard-nosed and want to play and want to win.

= sneaking up on them.

THRILLHOUSE
05-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Dee Davis doing well in Slovenia:

@Inception_Bball Congrats to @DeeDavisX on being named the All-Slovenian League Guard of the Year, 1st Team, All-Imports Team, and All-Defensive Team.

paulxu
06-14-2017, 09:05 PM
Jalen Reynolds to work out for Raptors on Thursday and Friday.

bjf123
09-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Just saw this on Facebook from Shannon Russell.

Per Paula Fronckowiak's request, here is a list of XU players in the NBA and abroad.

Some of the 'abroad' listees are the best, latest info I have; for example, I'm not 100 percent sure Kenny Frease is headed back to Germany (or playing at all). And Stanley Burrell passed on a contract to play in Lithuania last year in order to spend more time with his son, Jayden; he was living in Holland last winter when he returned for his Hall of Fame induction.

Newcomers to the latter list include Malcolm Bernard, Tim Stainbrook and RaShid Gaston. Inception Sports announced just today that Gaston signed a one-year contract in France.

Lionel Chalmers, by the way, is now an assistant coach at Wofford.

NBA
David West (Golden State)
Jordan Crawford (New Orleans)
Semaj Christon (Oklahoma City)
Edmond Sumner (Indiana)

Overseas
Remy Abell (Finland)
Malcolm Bernard (Argentina)
Derrick Brown (Turkey)
Stanley Burrell (Poland)
Justin Cage (Belgium)
Dee Davis (Germany)
Justin Doellman (Spain)
Josh Duncan (Turkey)
James Farr (France)
Kenny Frease (Germany)
RaShid Gaston (France)
Tu Holloway (Israel)
Jason Love (Ukraine)
Mark Lyons (Turkey)
Justin Martin (Colombia)
Jamel McLean (Greece)
Isaiah Philmore (Germany)
B.J. Raymond (Italy)
Jalen Reynolds (Italy)
Romain Sato (Spain)
Matt Stainbrook (Spain)
Travis Taylor (Bulgaria)
Tim Stainbrook (Spain)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XMuskieFTW
09-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Just saw this on Facebook from Shannon Russell.

Per Paula Fronckowiak's request, here is a list of XU players in the NBA and abroad.

Some of the 'abroad' listees are the best, latest info I have; for example, I'm not 100 percent sure Kenny Frease is headed back to Germany (or playing at all). And Stanley Burrell passed on a contract to play in Lithuania last year in order to spend more time with his son, Jayden; he was living in Holland last winter when he returned for his Hall of Fame induction.

Newcomers to the latter list include Malcolm Bernard, Tim Stainbrook and RaShid Gaston. Inception Sports announced just today that Gaston signed a one-year contract in France.

Lionel Chalmers, by the way, is now an assistant coach at Wofford.

NBA
David West (Golden State)
Jordan Crawford (New Orleans)
Semaj Christon (Oklahoma City)
Edmond Sumner (Indiana)

Overseas
Remy Abell (Finland)
Malcolm Bernard (Argentina)
Derrick Brown (Turkey)
Stanley Burrell (Poland)
Justin Cage (Belgium)
Dee Davis (Germany)
Justin Doellman (Spain)
Josh Duncan (Turkey)
James Farr (France)
Kenny Frease (Germany)
RaShid Gaston (France)
Tu Holloway (Israel)
Jason Love (Ukraine)
Mark Lyons (Turkey)
Justin Martin (Colombia)
Jamel McLean (Greece)
Isaiah Philmore (Germany)
B.J. Raymond (Italy)
Jalen Reynolds (Italy)
Romain Sato (Spain)
Matt Stainbrook (Spain)
Travis Taylor (Bulgaria)
Tim Stainbrook (Spain)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:headscratch:

sirthought
09-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Yeah, Tim Stainbrook surprises me too. I see nothing on his Twitter page about this, but that means nothing.

Looks like the majority of our starters over the past 10 years are playing or coaching somewhere. I'm surprised Lavender never went abroad that I know of.

Muskie
09-10-2017, 01:17 PM
Yeah, Tim Stainbrook surprises me too. I see nothing on his Twitter page about this, but that means nothing.

Looks like the majority of our starters over the past 10 years are playing or coaching somewhere. I'm surprised Lavender never went abroad that I know of.

At one point he had some issues that kept him from being able to head overseas. I think that derailed possibilities for him. Which is unfortunate, but self-inflicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RetireFiftyTu
09-12-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm gathering up all the former X players that are now involved in coaching at either the collegiate or professional level. Can anyone think of anymore guys besides the ones below.
James Posey – Assistant Coach for the Cleveland Cavaliers
Anthony Coleman – Assistant Coach at Arizona State University
Dante Jackson – Assistant Coach at Robert Morris University
Lionel Chalmers – Assistant Coach at Wofford College
Brian Thornton – Assistant Coach at Ball State University
Brian Walsh – Director of Basketball Operations at Indiana University

muskiefan82
09-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Chris Mack - Head Coach at THE Xavier University

fellahmuskie
10-19-2017, 07:34 AM
Jalen looking good in Italy. Nice recognition for a big game yesterday.

Eurocup round 2 co-MVPs Giedraitis and Reynolds (http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eurocup/news/i/89u5fkrij3qp4qkc/regular-season-round-2-co-mvp-s-rokas-giedraitis-and-jalen-reynolds)

fellahmuskie
12-25-2018, 07:40 AM
Jalen made a Russian defender look silly over the weekend - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnI9VpjIw34

X Factor
12-25-2018, 01:00 PM
Jalen made a Russian defender look silly over the weekend - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnI9VpjIw34

The guy behind the basket at 32 seconds has a look on his face like he just saw something very horrific. That was nasty!

smileyy
07-05-2022, 11:11 AM
Edmond Sumner just signed with the Nets, fully recovered from his Achilles injury.

XProf
11-16-2022, 09:14 PM
https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Big-East-Conference/59/Xavier/28/in-the-pros

This site has all the stats and teams on one page.

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2022, 08:37 AM
https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Big-East-Conference/59/Xavier/28/in-the-pros

Really cool, thanks.

Anyone with more knowledge than I able to tell me which of those are top leagues?

Like Kyle Castlin and Justin Martin appear to be doing great in the German A league. My guess is that is a lower tier league but I really have no idea.

JP is averaging under 8ppg but he is in Italian Lega basket Serie A. My gut tells me that is probably a higher tier league.

GoMuskies
11-17-2022, 08:55 AM

Cool site. Amazing some of those guys are able to make a living playing professional basketball, but good for them. Crazy that Josh Duncan is still playing after all these years. And I only have the vaguest recollection of a guy named Bryan Griffin playing for Xavier. The "Fog of Steele" will do that to you, I suppose.

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2022, 09:03 AM
Cool site. Amazing some of those guys are able to make a living playing professional basketball, but good for them. Crazy that Josh Duncan is still playing after all these years. And I only have the vaguest recollection of a guy named Bryan Griffin playing for Xavier. The "Fog of Steele" will do that to you, I suppose.

I feel like there is just so many leagues all around the world. My brother knows some guys he played with in high school who played division 3 basketball who played professionally overseas.