PDA

View Full Version : Xavier And Miami Will Not Compete In Men's Basketball This Season

Svoboda
08-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Xavier University and Miami University announced today that the two schools will not meet in men's basketball during the 2012-13 season. Miami will visit Cintas Center in the 2013-14 season in the final game of the current agreement between the two schools.

More... (http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/xavi/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060712aab.html)

sirthought
08-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm surprised, but actually not too unhappy. Never had a problem with them playing each other, just never thought it was the great rivalry others declared it to be.

Seemed always like more of a "pain-in-the-ass" game to me. Even when Miami had a team with decent competition, it didn't really add to XU's schedule much overall.

Michigan Muskie
08-21-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm surprised, but actually not too unhappy. Never had a problem with them playing each other, just never thought it was the great rivalry others declared it to be.

Seemed always like more of a "pain-in-the-ass" game to me. Even when Miami had a team with decent competition, it didn't really add to XU's schedule much overall.

Spoken like an OU grad...

sirthought
08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Spoken like an OU grad...

Now if the annual match was in the beautiful hills of Athens....well, that would be different and exciting!

Hopefully both MAC schools' new coaches will bring their teams to the upper echelons of hoops