PDA

View Full Version : EPL 2012013 Thread

Emp
08-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Visited Loftus Road today and got some QPR Bling. Almost scored a "The Rs Are Staying Up" t-shirt for DCMuskie, but I'm pushing my souvenir weight limit as it is. I do have a special QPR tchotchke for ya.

I've been staying with a long time buddy and classmate who lives in London. I've been discrete, since he is a very unhappy Spurs fan.

So we have known Liverpool, Fulham and QPR supporters on this board. Where will your team finish in the coming season? Analysis please.

Woodburn
08-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Damnit Emp, I just ordered this a home jersey from the official QPR store a week ago. I'm anxiously awaiting arrival. Shipping was about $25. I would've have gladly given you an Andrew Jackson for the trouble.

Re: QPR: Park Ji-Sung is a HUGE addition, and Fabio da Silva and Junior Holiett aren't far behind. Faurlin and Dyer (for now) should be healthy and Taraabt, Cisse and Zamora will gel. Andrew Johnson and Robert Green are both positive additions. In fact, the only guy I'll miss from last year is Heidar Helguson but there just wasn't room for him on this year's roster. Shit, QPR started with Agyemang last year up top. Now look at the talent....

Bottom line: I'm glad you didn't get DC that "R's are staying up!" shirt. Staying up is for Swansea. I predict top half.

Blueblob4life
08-07-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm a Man U supporter and, quite frankly, I see the finish as:

1. Man United (they'll come out guns blazing, then cool off, then turn it back on)
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham (though I have some odd feeling about Fulham this year)

QPR getting Park Ji-Sung was a great blessing. I wish he got more play with Man U, but I think he'll be a fantastic boost to a surprising QPR side.

Needless to say, I'm pumped for the season.

Cheesehead
08-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Seriously, what are you guys talking about?

DoubleD86
08-07-2012, 10:53 PM
As a Liverpool fan I want to withhold judgement until the end of the transfer period. Rodgers has claimed that there are multiple things in the pipeline that could work out, and some of those rumors have me quite excited, but until I know the actual roster it is tough to guess.

As the roster is now? I see a 5th or 6th place finish for Liverpool. LFC finished in 8th last year but led the league in shots off the post. Add in the absolute sitters that guys like Carroll and Downing missed throughout the year and they blew so many opportunities. The talent is a little more experienced, I really like the Borini addition and I really like the philosophy Rodgers is trying to install. I think this is a 6th place team today. If they add the likes of Gaston Ramirez, Clint Dempsey and Joe Allen (among others) as rumored they could be a much more dangerous squad.

Porkopolis
08-08-2012, 04:52 AM
I see Fulham finishing between 7th and 12th. Which part of that range depends on whether or not Dempsey stays all year. As much as I hate to say it, though, Clint needs to move on before they lose him for nothing. He won't resign at the Cottage and the club isn't exactly swimming in cash.

fellahmuskie
08-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm a Spurs fan. I like the team's chances this upcoming season, although I don't have any idea how Villas-Boas will work out as manager. Could be a big step forward or a complete disaster. I still remember the excitement over Juande Ramos and how poorly that experiment ended.

Can't wait for the season to start! I especially hope Spurs get drawn with one of the Russian Moscow clubs in the Europa League so I can see them live for the first time.

bleedXblue
08-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Huge soccer fan and I love the EPL. Best soccer in the world. I follow the Spurs as well, but kind of find it hard to get really close to it considering I've never been to a game live and being so far from it in the US.

On a side note, the MLS has made huge strides in the US. The league has been growing consistently and franchises like LA, Seattle, Portland have huge attendance numbers. I think the best we can hope for in the US is to have this league become a second tier EPL. A feeder of sorts or almost a minor league for the EPL. Soccer in America (IMHO) has too much competition from other professional sports leagues that are ingrained into our society. Football, basketball and baseball will always trump soccer in America.

BBC 08
08-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Never really had an EPL team until this season. Thanks to visiting Stamford Bridge (fucking gorgeous) while over in London I am now a Chelsea fan. Can't wait to get the season started.

Porkopolis
08-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Never really had an EPL team until this season. Thanks to visiting Stamford Bridge (fucking gorgeous) while over in London I am now a Chelsea fan. Can't wait to get the season started.

Because what Chelsea needed was another fan in America. :p

BBC 08
08-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Because what Chelsea needed was another fan in America. :p

Ha. Wish I could rep you but the man is holding me down.

larkinforever
08-08-2012, 11:02 AM
what a stupid thread

fellahmuskie
08-08-2012, 06:25 PM

Figures the Cardinals fan on this board would root for Chelsea. Terrible choice, but at least you didn't pick Arsenal.

Spurs' prejudice aside, I hope you enjoy following the EPL. It's a wonderful league and offers the same excitement of college and pro football, just extended over 9 months. Throw in European cup play, and it's pretty much the ideal format for sports junkies.

nuts4xu
08-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I like Chelsea, but their team is much different without Drogba.

I can't wait for FIFA 2013....

GIMMFD
08-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm an Arsenal fan, delighted with the signings of Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski, I think Lucas will make an impact in the Premier league because of his pace, and international record. Giroud could translate because of his aerial ability, but I think he's a poor man's Robin Van Persie (which I'll be happy if he doesn't leave). We have a good squad this season, between the pace of Walcott, Gervinho, and Oxlade-Chamberlain, they can get by defenders, RvP can finish, and Arteta and Song can create!! Vermaelen and Elsley the defense will be tight, and Wojack in goal has been improving. We can be a title contender this year if we don't lose games we aren't supposed to, and drop stupid points.

Porkopolis
08-09-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm an Arsenal fan, delighted with the signings of Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski, I think Lucas will make an impact in the Premier league because of his pace, and international record. Giroud could translate because of his aerial ability, but I think he's a poor man's Robin Van Persie (which I'll be happy if he doesn't leave). We have a good squad this season, between the pace of Walcott, Gervinho, and Oxlade-Chamberlain, they can get by defenders, RvP can finish, and Arteta and Song can create!! Vermaelen and Elsley the defense will be tight, and Wojack in goal has been improving. We can be a title contender this year if we don't lose games we aren't supposed to, and drop stupid points.

Podolski is the big signing for me, even though Cazorla is getting the bulk of the attention right now. All in all an impressive haul for the Gunners.

BBC 08
08-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Figures the Cardinals fan on this board would root for Chelsea. Terrible choice, but at least you didn't pick Arsenal.

Spurs' prejudice aside, I hope you enjoy following the EPL. It's a wonderful league and offers the same excitement of college and pro football, just extended over 9 months. Throw in European cup play, and it's pretty much the ideal format for sports junkies.

I've kind of followed the EPL in the past but never fully invested like I plan to be this season.

BBC 08
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Who bought shares of Man U today?

Porkopolis
08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Who bought shares of Man U today?

No one. City already owns them.

In all seriousness, history tells us shares in a sports team could be a very bad investment. I'm not gonna lie, though it would be cool to own a slice of Man U.

BBC 08
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
No one. City already owns them.

In all seriousness, history tells us shares in a sports team could be a very bad investment. I'm not gonna lie, though it would be cool to own a slice of Man U.

They started selling shares of Man U on the NYSE this morning. Some people I'm sure bought them.

Porkopolis
08-10-2012, 02:52 PM
They started selling shares of Man U on the NYSE this morning. Some people I'm sure bought them.

Not as many as they were hoping, that's for sure.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/62c56e2c-e2fe-11e1-a78c-00144feab49a.html#axzz23AtjjhVB

DoubleD86
08-10-2012, 04:35 PM
As a Liverpool fan I want to withhold judgement until the end of the transfer period. Rodgers has claimed that there are multiple things in the pipeline that could work out, and some of those rumors have me quite excited, but until I know the actual roster it is tough to guess.

As the roster is now? I see a 5th or 6th place finish for Liverpool. LFC finished in 8th last year but led the league in shots off the post. Add in the absolute sitters that guys like Carroll and Downing missed throughout the year and they blew so many opportunities. The talent is a little more experienced, I really like the Borini addition and I really like the philosophy Rodgers is trying to install. I think this is a 6th place team today. If they add the likes of Gaston Ramirez, Clint Dempsey and Joe Allen (among others) as rumored they could be a much more dangerous squad.

Joe Allen transfer completed today! YNWA.

Emp
08-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Not as many as they were hoping, that's for sure.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/62c56e2c-e2fe-11e1-a78c-00144feab49a.html#axzz23AtjjhVB

Whilst (I can still say that for a week, though I've returned from London) there must be some suckers who would like a piece of ManU, the Financial Times did a devastating analysis last week. Non voting shares, and of the expected revenue, only a portion was going to pay down the club's enormous debt, with the owners pocketing 100M (pounds, not dollars.) The road to receivership, after the current owners pull a Mitt and strip the cash out of the till, seems clear. Rangers (the Scottish version) demise will seem like a blip compared to the coming trainwreck.

Emp
08-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Yikes. Liverpool will get the headlines for the WBA beatdown, but 0-5 for QPR at home?? WTF.

Porkopolis
08-18-2012, 11:45 AM
What a great day to be a Fulham fan. Clint Who?

fellahmuskie
08-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Disappointing start for Spurs. I have no idea how they'll do this season, though I must admit my expectations and enthusiasm are pretty low right now. A lot of that's due to just not knowing much about the team - I hope I can watch the games this year more than in years past.

DoubleD86
08-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Yikes. Liverpool will get the headlines for the WBA beatdown, but 0-5 for QPR at home?? WTF.

Liverpool will get a lot of bad press about it, and in many ways rightfully so, but that was not a 3-0 loss in terms of quality of play. In the first half LFC dominated possession and created multiple opportunities. Suarez should have had 2 or 3 goals in the first half. The goal at the end of the half was a beauty but was against the grain of play. Then came the two penalties and playing 10 man and the wheels fell off.

I was encouraged by the first half. The team wasn't great, but the passing and moving looked very good and the opportunities were created. They will need to get the killer instinct but I liked what I saw. Somewhat amazingly, the defense looked bad. If there was one aspect of the Reds lineup I was confident about, it was the defense.

All in all, a poor showing and terrible result, but still somewhat encouraging. I think LFC needs one or two more signings (Dempsey and Sahin would work) but I like what I saw from the new system up until the red card.

DC Muskie
08-20-2012, 12:39 PM

That was a bit disappointing.

Emp
08-22-2012, 09:56 PM
US v Jamaica @ Crew Stadium Sept 11. Anyone coming up/over/down to see this? I can host pregame in the Short North and provide some parking and driving tips to anyone planning to attend. Warning, I-71 is under serious construction, and there is an alternative around it coming from the south, west or east.

Porkopolis
08-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Fulham have signed Dimitar Berbatov and Kieran Richardson, with a few more players rumored to be incoming before the window shuts. Good day for The Whites.

MaurerHigh
08-31-2012, 03:58 PM
My day would be made if Tottenham gets Dempsey.

Porkopolis
09-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I hate it when Fulham plays Wet Spam. They are the Cottagers' ultimate bogey team.

Emp
09-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Dempsey to Spurs. Dempsey to play Friday vs Jamaica. QPR - Chelsea 9 Sept.

Discuss.

Emp
09-12-2012, 11:17 PM
It must be (American) football season somewhere........

Went to the sold out US v Jamaica last night at Crew Stadium. The crowd was on fire. Hingsen let loose the dogs, and for 45 minutes the Yanks ran and passed circles around the Reggae Boyz. Of the 8 shots, 6 were open (some, wide open) looks. Same old problem: no one can find the back of the net!

How can we tie on aggregate over two games against a team like Jamaica??? DC, help me out, give me some reason for optimism that we are even going to make the group stages in Brazil.

Emp
09-15-2012, 10:57 AM
QPR wins nil nil! Bite me, Chelsea. ouch to the Ferdinand hammy at the end.

Woodburn
09-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Agreed Emp. QPR looked like a vastly different team from two weeks ago. Well deserved draw. Defense looked solid. I feel much better with Cesar in goal.

I hope Johnson, Fabio and Ferdinand are ok. Less than pleased w Zamora though. Two offsides and a missed opportunity with Cech. All said, with the squad coming together, I will take a point.

Porkopolis
09-15-2012, 12:03 PM
QPR wins nil nil! Bite me, Chelsea. ouch to the Ferdinand hammy at the end.

This match made me realize which club I dislike more, and it is definitely Chelsea. I found myself actively cheering for the Hoops. :laugh: Nice result for QPR.

Fulham drubbed West Brom 3-0 at the Cottage today. I am really enjoying Martin Jol's transformation of the squad despite the growing pains.

nuts4xu
09-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Go Chelsea, love that team!! Eff the Spurs!!

GIMMFD
09-16-2012, 01:26 AM
A lovely day to be an Arsenal fan, nothing like a 6-1 win to get your hopes up.

And also, you can't be upset at all with the way USA played against Jamaica in the first half, that may have been the best soccer USA has played well.. ever, that could have easily, and should have been a 4-0, 5-0 contest, but when you hit the bar three times, and a average keeper becomes Iker Castillas, one goal feels like a safe haven.

Emp
10-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Another home disaster at Loftus Road. It's getting lonely in a Hoops shirt. Come on Rs!

Emp
10-01-2012, 06:01 PM
My day would be made if Tottenham gets Dempsey.

First EPL goal this weekend in historic win for Spurs at Old Trafford. I've not been a big enthusiast for Clint in internationals, but I gotta give it up for him being a real opportunist.

Woodburn
10-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Another home disaster at Loftus Road. It's getting lonely in a Hoops shirt. Come on Rs!

Ugggghh. Just watched DVR of this match. We needed 3 points and got none. Cannot figure Hughes out. Looks like he's throwing s*it out and hoping it sticks. After Spurs and Chelsea, I had hope despite the results. Tonight makes that difficult.

Muskie
10-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Call it sacrilege but I'm really enjoying the Sounders/RSL game (MLS) that is on right now.

Woodburn
10-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Call it sacrilege but I'm really enjoying the Sounders/RSL game (MLS) that is on right now.
Nah, the only thing sacrilegious about it is posting it in the EPL thread. Kidding my man, because I appreciate the soccer-centric effort.

If you enjoyed that, check out some of the EPL matches that are on ESPN/2. For example: Chelsea v. Tottenham Hotspur this Sat. a.m. It's at 7:45 and will likely be exciting. Spurs feature two Americans: Brad Friedel back starting in goal, and Clint Dempsey (arguably the best American player in the world right now) as a forward. I'll be up and watching, but it's worth DVRing.

Muskie
10-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Nah, the only thing sacrilegious about it is posting it in the EPL thread. Kidding my man, because I appreciate the soccer-centric effort.

If you enjoyed that, check out some of the EPL matches that are on ESPN/2. For example: Chelsea v. Tottenham Hotspur this Sat. a.m. It's at 7:45 and will likely be exciting. Spurs feature two Americans: Brad Friedel back starting in goal, and Clint Dempsey (arguably the best American player in the world right now) as a forward. I'll be up and watching, but it's worth DVRing.

Yeah I have the Fox Soccer channel on all day Sunday (much to the chagrin of my Wife). I've tried to take more of an interest in MLS (Designated Player rule has helped a bit) to help support the product here.

Muskie
10-21-2012, 08:07 PM
FC Dallas about to take on the Seattle.Sounders.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Emp
10-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm so disappointed with the outcome of QPR at Spurs today. Playing great, then an insane retaliation kick in front of the linesman. Julio Caesar is just amazing in goal......but Loftus Road continues to attract bad actors. I cant believe the goal was allowed, clearly offside. Long season for Hoops fans.

DC Muskie
10-27-2012, 03:22 PM
It was at Arsenal actually. But I agree, we need to stop getting these idiots. I think that is the 14th red card already this season.

Horrible goal. How could they have missed that call?

bleedXblue
10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm so disappointed with the outcome of QPR at Spurs today. Playing great, then an insane retaliation kick in front of the linesman. Julio Caesar is just amazing in goal......but Loftus Road continues to attract bad actors. I cant believe the goal was allowed, clearly offside. Long season for Hoops fans.

Spurs play tomorrow against SH...Arsenal beat QPR today

Woodburn
10-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Re: QPR: Mbia's play was the worst since...Joey Barton's against Man City. Wright-Phillips has no business in a game involving men. Mackie came in strong and deserves to start. Hughes's days seemed numbered.

SM#24
10-29-2012, 11:42 AM
The Fox Soccer Channel EPL package is moving to NBC SN starting next season. Three year deal at $85m per year (up from $23m per year that FSC is paying).

DoubleD86
10-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Wow this weekend was bad officiating wise. Arsenal/QPR, Liverpool/Everton and Chelsea/ManU all had goals incorrectly allowed or disallowed due to an offside ruling that directly changed the outcome of the matches.

As a Liverpool, I feel fortunate that they tied Everton since the Toffees owned the Reds for most of the match. Still, Suarez was clearly on and LFC should have gotten 3 points.

bleedXblue
10-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Wow this weekend was bad officiating wise. Arsenal/QPR, Liverpool/Everton and Chelsea/ManU all had goals incorrectly allowed or disallowed due to an offside ruling that directly changed the outcome of the matches.

As a Liverpool, I feel fortunate that they tied Everton since the Toffees owned the Reds for most of the match. Still, Suarez was clearly on and LFC should have gotten 3 points.

I would love to see them open up the game more and allow the offensive player at least equal to the defender. In order for a player to be offsides they should have to be clearly behind the last defender in order to be called off. This would make it easier to officate and limit the amount of the post game bickering.

Muskie
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM
The Fox Soccer Channel EPL package is moving to NBC SN starting next season. Three year deal at $85m per year (up from $23m per year that FSC is paying).

NBC SN will also have F1 (which is usually/sometimes on at the same time as EPL events). Interested to see how much live EPL we get?

Woodburn
10-29-2012, 03:12 PM
NBC SN will also have F1 (which is usually/sometimes on at the same time as EPL events). Interested to see how much live EPL we get?
I read an article somewhere that said NBC will be using various channels to air all of the matches live (ala the Olympics).

rove02
10-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Soccer in America (IMHO) has too much competition from other professional sports leagues that are ingrained into our society. Football, basketball and baseball will always trump soccer in America.

Actually ESPN did a poll a little while back and Soccer is now the 2nd most popular sport in Americans age 12-24. I was pretty shocked to see this but I see soccer jerseys all over campus now, many more than I did a few years ago. Here is an article that mentions the poll:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/262?cc=5901

I'm a fairly new soccer fan and don't really have a team that I follow but I watch some EPL games and Champion League games. I watch games based more on the players than the teams really. I think one of the biggest reasons for the growth of the sport here has to do with the FIFA franchise. I didn't pay attention to soccer at all until I started playing FIFA WC 2010. I have bought every FIFA game since and the sport has been growing on me. The same goes for several of my friends who play FIFA. I also like that you can watch a half for 45 minutes uninterrupted compared to NFL which has dozens of commercials in a half.

Muskie
10-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Actually ESPN did a poll a little while back and Soccer is now the 2nd most popular sport in Americans age 12-24. I was pretty shocked to see this but I see soccer jerseys all over campus now, many more than I did a few years ago. Here is an article that mentions the poll:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/262?cc=5901

I'm a fairly new soccer fan and don't really have a team that I follow but I watch some EPL games and Champion League games. I watch games based more on the players than the teams really. I think one of the biggest reasons for the growth of the sport here has to do with the FIFA franchise. I didn't pay attention to soccer at all until I started playing FIFA WC 2010. I have bought every FIFA game since and the sport has been growing on me. The same goes for several of my friends who play FIFA. I also like that you can watch a half for 45 minutes uninterrupted compared to NFL which has dozens of commercials in a half.

MLS is always taking new fans if you're interested.

ammtd34
10-30-2012, 06:10 PM
I would love to see them open up the game more and allow the offensive player at least equal to the defender. In order for a player to be offsides they should have to be clearly behind the last defender in order to be called off. This would make it easier to officate and limit the amount of the post game bickering.

By rule, even is onside.

Both Arteta and Chicharito were offside by definition. Both are tough calls, with Chicharito's being nearly impossible. At the time Rafael struck the ball from about 12 yards away, Chicharito was offisde. By the time he touched the ball (how long does it take for a ball to travel 12 yards?), he had 4 defenders between him and the goal. Who in the world would be able to catch that? To me, that call is nowhere near as bad as Torres being sent off. That was awful.

Emp
11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I authorize Muskie or Admin or whomever to merge the EPL threads, post haste.

I need something to do with my frustration at the abysmal state of QPR fortunes and performance. The chances to take points from other bottom-dwellers keeps fading. This week: Villa at home. My god, get some points, Hoops.

Any thoughts on whether Wenger can survive the season at Arsenal? Spurs looking good is not a big surprise, but someone needs to explain how West Brom jumped up this season.

fellahmuskie
12-01-2012, 01:01 AM
So, do you like the Redknapp hiring, Emp? As a Spurs fan, I'm just glad that he's back in the EPL, so I can read about his press conferences.

As for Spurs, I'm happy AVB is manager and I think the club will improve and gain consistency over the next few years. Whether that includes a string of CL appearances, I'm not sure, but I do think they'll be more and more competitive with the top clubs, which has been an Achille's heel for who knows how long.

I don't care about Wenger, I just want Spurs to finish above Arsenal.

Woodburn
12-04-2012, 11:48 AM
So, do you like the Redknapp hiring, Emp? As a Spurs fan, I'm just glad that he's back in the EPL, so I can read about his press conferences.
Not sure that Redknapp can do much with this QPR bunch. Hughes' signings have largely been complete failures. The losses of Johnson and Zamora are really tough as well. Cisse reminds me of Mark Lyons and we can let it go at that (subjectively great and maddening all at once). Other than Mackie, I just can't see who scores goals this year. Maybe Junior Hoilett, but that's a stretch. The back four has been frustrating as well. If QPR comes into the January transfer window within 3 points of 17th, I think they're in the hunt. If not, with rumors that the Mittal money may dry up, it's not beyond comprehension that they begin selling to avoid the huge wage bill post-relegation.

Emp
12-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I've always wavered on whether Redknapp was a shrewd street smart guy in a suit, or a complete fraud. He has the gift of gab, always give him that.

My problem with Rangers is that they continue to buy talented but troubled, and/or on the down side "names", and throw them on the field together without any apparent system, just relying on talent. I'd rather see them start over with solid young bucks with many fewer head cases. the problem with this premise is that they're not going to be tested against Premier league talent after this season. If Redknapp can save the Hoops from relegation, I'll shave my head.

Emp
04-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrs are going down. They must have played the most minutes with 10 players in the history of the EPL. Then to lose the three points to Wigan just before extra time expires is just .....just........gruesome?

Titanxman04
04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
All I know is that it's Manchester Darby Day. Go Red!

outsideobserver11
04-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Bonehead fouls to give up as well that led to the goal. They gave Wigan 3 free kicks at the top of the box in stoppage time. One was bound to go in, that's just asking to get scored on.

Woodburn
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Bonehead fouls to give up as well that led to the goal. They gave Wigan 3 free kicks at the top of the box in stoppage time. One was bound to go in, that's just asking to get scored on.

Blame all around. Zamora's foul was absolutely stunningly dumb. I am definitely no fan of M'Bia, but Taarabt's ducking act surely didn't help. I didn't think about it until Eric Wynalda said it in the post game, but Mackie's refusal to take the ball into the corner as opposed to trying to score cost Rangers another minute as well. I hate to say it, but when Remy scored, I was just waiting for Wigan to equalize. I don't think I've ever seen a team make such fundamental mistakes repeatedly. I just hope that relegation isn't followed by administration. That wage bill doesn't fly in an 18k stadium in the Championship.

ammtd34
04-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Happy my namesake, Maloney, scored a heater.

XUOHTX
04-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Come on City! Derby Day!

Muskie
05-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Just purchased tickets to Chelsea v. Inter Milan at Lucas Oil Stadium on August 1. Should be a fun match.

DC Muskie
05-30-2013, 11:17 AM
I of course will not be following the 2013-2014 EPL thread.

waggy
08-07-2013, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8