was on campus yesterday.

him thomas semaj dez... thats dirty

blueblob06
06-28-2012, 09:30 AM
him thomas semaj dez... thats dirty

That would be one hell of a lineup.

GIMMFD
06-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Almost positive I drooled a little bit..

ballyhoohoo
06-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Drool? I just came a little bit

GoMuskies
06-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Did we make sure he got the full "He Got Game" treatment on campus?

MADXSTER
06-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Jordan, Thomas, Semaj, Dez

:D

Pete Delkus
07-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Ashley Howard is a suburban, white girls name. As in, “All Ashley did this summer was hang around XXXXXXX Country Club’s pool.”

Our Ashley better be laying some pipe on the summer circut!

Bring 'em in A-Trian!

UCGRAD4X
07-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Drool? I just came a little bit

Came a little bit!

I just....aw maaaaaaan!

blueblob06
08-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Rysheed Jordan posted this last night....

black jesus‏@sheedjordan
IM THINKIN BOUT COMMITTING 2mar

Dr. X
08-09-2012, 08:43 AM
I wonder if he's a Earl Monroe fan, going by his Twitter username.

blueblob06
08-09-2012, 08:50 AM
It looks like Temple has been all over him. Don't want to lose out to them, but that might be the case.

xu95
08-09-2012, 11:09 AM
If he commits today it won't be to Xavier.

Xman95
08-09-2012, 12:27 PM
If he commits today it won't be to Xavier.

Seems like we might be in need of an emergency "Come to Xavier" thread!

GIMMFD
08-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Seems like we might be in need of an emergency "Come to Xavier" thread!

And if it works, we're well on our way to consecutive top 15 recruiting classes!!

bobbiemcgee
08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
One guy. 14th:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1211753.html

SixFig
08-16-2012, 03:11 PM
One guy. 14th:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1211753.html

I still want Basil Smotherman (Purdue commit)...sounds like a fellow who wears these all day.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_9KqaGwLTV34/R60ZhEBTgbI/AAAAAAAAAIw/kw3aJGCjQgU/s400/Smoking_jacket.png

Juice
09-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Update on Rysheed's recruitment:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/09/25/jordan-visits-st-johns-ucla-up-next/

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Update on Rysheed's recruitment:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/09/25/jordan-visits-st-johns-ucla-up-next/

Looks like some tough competition

XUFan09
09-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Looks like some tough competition

But remember, if we don't get him, it's solely because of the Dez situation, nothing to do with the fact that we will always miss on a number of recruits ;-).

Nonetheless, I'd love to get him or Roddy Peters. I can't remember exactly, but one of them or both of them don't really care about the recent crap at Xavier (whereas I heard once that for Kris Jenkins, it did matter).

xavierj
09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
But remember, if we don't get him, it's solely because of the Dez situation, nothing to do with the fact that we will always miss on a number of recruits ;-).

Nonetheless, I'd love to get him or Roddy Peters. I can't remember exactly, but one of them or both of them don't really care about the recent crap at Xavier (whereas I heard once that for Kris Jenkins, it did matter).

Say what you want but the situation over the past few months including the situation with Dez is not helping recruiting. Devin Williams is a local kid who as recently as March was a Xavier lean. Xavier is not even in his final 5 schools now. There is a reason for that. I agree Xavier will always miss on kids but the Dez situation and the recent lack of support at the top is causing some problems.

xufan02
09-25-2012, 03:25 PM
I agree that the situation is not helping things, but it had little to nothing to do with Devin's final 5. It had a lot more to do with the people Devin has helping him make his decision.

waggy
09-25-2012, 03:44 PM
the recent lack of support at the top

I suspect this is either speculation or unrealistic expectations.

GIMMFD
09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I think we could realistically get Rysheed, we've been pulling for him pretty hard, and even with tough competition I think we have a good shot. Sure we have a couple good guards right now, but this kid could make a HUGE impact. I'd LOVE to see him on the court wearing Xavier across the chest. If we get him, Patterson, and Thomas, this Xavier class will be AMAZING.

XUFan09
09-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Say what you want but the situation over the past few months including the situation with Dez is not helping recruiting. Devin Williams is a local kid who as recently as March was a Xavier lean. Xavier is not even in his final 5 schools now. There is a reason for that. I agree Xavier will always miss on kids but the Dez situation and the recent lack of support at the top is causing some problems.

J, we agree more than you are treating it, which is frankly a bit annoying. Let's go through this:

- I said the Dez situation does not matter for Peters and/or Jordan. I couldn't remember exactly, but I knew it was at least one of them. Even that alone implies the negative side, that there's a chance it does matter for at least one of them. Off that alone, one could reasonably guess that I agree with "the situation with Dez is not helping recruiting," a claim which you seem to think I would dispute.
- More importantly, I said that for Kris Jenkins, it did matter. If I said this (and man, I wanted to get Jenkins), but I also dismissed the idea that the Dez situation was harmful, I would be committing a blatant contradiction.

The Dez situation is harmful. Its effect will just vary significantly between recruits, with some removing Xavier from their list (or never considering them in the first place), while others don't care about it at all. Then there's everyone in between, including recruits that might be bothered by it but who could still pick Xavier. What I find to be a problem is when some posters present ever recruit that commits elsewhere as "evidence" that the Dez situation has destroyed Xavier. Their memory seems to be short, since they forget that "Xavier will always miss on kids," which you of course didn't forget.

DC Muskie
09-25-2012, 08:53 PM
How does anyone know that Jenkins dismissed Xavier because of Dez? I haven't read that anywhere.

gladdenguy
09-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I think the most difficult thing to grasp is the fact that Devin has lived at the Cintas Center for the last 2 years. He goes away to school and now Xavier is not included in the final five. I think 02 could be on to something, but even with that, the fact that we couldn't even make his final five is odd.

XUFan09
09-25-2012, 09:16 PM
How does anyone know that Jenkins dismissed Xavier because of Dez? I haven't read that anywhere.

I remember reading over on Scout that it influenced his decision. It wasn't the only factor, but definitely a factor that Xavier didn't need.

XU 87
09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I just read the Jenkins thread on Scout. Broering speculated that the Dez situation may have influenced Jenkins decision. But Rick never said this was a fact.

XUFan09
09-25-2012, 09:40 PM
I just read the Jenkins thread on Scout. Broering speculated that the Dez situation may have influenced Jenkins decision. But Rick never said this was a fact.

Hmm, I didn't think it was Rick that I heard that from, but maybe it was.

DC Muskie
09-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Jenkins never took any of visits either.

It's pure speculation to say that the Dez situation influenced Jenkins's decision. Of course it's an easy thing to speculate, how are you going to refute it? We have people on these boards who despite the father of Myles Davis saying although he had options, Myles decided to stay, think that answer is too simplistic. That Myles didn't have any options, or those options were crap. People can spin any decision they want to in order to justify their feelings.

It's going to be a very, very long time before the eeyores of this fan base stop thinking everything that goes wrong with the basketball team can be pinned specifically to Dez or some random administrative person.

Lamont Sanford
09-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll say it if no one else has the guts...I blame George Bush.

xsteve1
09-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Williams was a lot f things but conference seemed to be the thing that really hurt us. Rysheed Jordan is no longer considering X.

xudash
09-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Williams was a lot f things but conference seemed to be the thing that really hurt us. Rysheed Jordan is no longer considering X.

And some people wonder why I watch the conference realignment thing so much and otherwise want us in the BE. Imagine where our recruiting would be if we were there already.

Notwithstanding recent turmoil, Chris Mack has done an extraordinary job of getting a number of kids to consider Xavier that never would have considered X in the past. He's been able to elevate the program above its conference affiliation. Operating at this level, it has to be understood that our batting percentage for attracting commits will go down. Nonetheless, at the end of the day, can he still bring in enough high quality recruits? Can he flow them into the program in staged recruiting classes to provide balance and continuity?

In an earlier post around here, someone pointed out that the diamond in the rough strategy was less available to programs simply due to the Internet and the amount of information it spews out there now. It was a great point. The idea that you could locate a Brian Grant out of Georgetown, OH without Ohio State finding out about it now is ludicrous.

I'm not worried about the effect of the recent turmoil on the program. I want to see if Chris can still recruit logical "team recruits" into the program that positions us for success. In other words, and I understand this is a little abstract, does a solid flow of 3'Star recruits trump the occasional 5-Star recruit that otherwise gets back filled with others that we otherwise would not have taken, except for the fact that the misses on higher rated players forced us to take them.

GIMMFD
09-27-2012, 04:32 PM

Why is Jordan not considering the X?

xsteve1
09-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Why is Jordan not considering the X?

The Dez situation hurt us in this one.

DC Muskie
09-28-2012, 08:08 AM
The Dez situation hurt us in this one.

Duh.

gladdenguy
09-28-2012, 09:08 AM
DC always has to get the last word in. Its become comical.

More Cowbell
10-10-2012, 08:40 AM
http://zagsblog.com/articles/rysheed-jordan-cuts-to-seven-schools/

“Helllo againn my final 7 schools rrr temple,St johns,Syracuse,rutgers, xavier,alabama, ucla, if wasnt clear ur hearing from my mouth,”

UCGRAD4X
10-10-2012, 09:53 AM
It is nice to see our name even being mentioned on the list of these players. Sure, it might be in name only, and it only really matters if they actually end up here.

But a lot of people, including other players read this stuff and Xavier is still out there on the minds of people who pay a lot less attention to the minutia.

Playing time is also a big consideration on many of these players list of considerations, so another player de-committing can have a positive effect in that regard.

So I guess I should rephrase my original premise - it only matters if it ultimately brings in a higher quality of recruit. That has seemed to be happening. Now we just need to keep them and actually get them on the court (basketball not criminal).