PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Skills Improvement Materials?

drudy23
05-21-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm thinking someone may have knowledge of something like this:

I'm looking for a solid basketball skills program to implement over the summer for a couple of kids. Not a camp, but a 3-4 day a week program for middle school aged kids to improve all-around basketball skills (quickness, shooting, strength, ball handling, etc, etc, etc). Heavy focus on drills rather than playing games.

Looking for something a little more compelling than dribbling around cones or bounce passes to one another. Something that is regimented and can build on itself. I guess at the end of the day, I could put this together myself, but wondering if anyone has run across any programs that really showed a skills improvement over the course of 3-4 months.

I know alot of high school programs will build something like this for their players to keep their skills sharp in the off-season...so anything like that. Thanks.

paulxu
05-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Something that is regimented and can build on itself. I guess at the end of the day, I could put this together myself, but wondering if anyone has run across any programs that really showed a skills improvement over the course of 3-4 months.

I think Snipe and Kahns run one of these programs in the Rookwood area...maybe at BWW.
I stopped in one time, and in about an hour I noticed a definite improvement in my skill level.
It was regimented...and they definitely were building on it. I brought them the glasses...er, ball...once when they were so tired they couldn't even throw one down.

After 3 or 4 months, heck, your kids would be pros.