PDA

View Full Version : Kris Jenkins

#BeatUC
05-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Scouting Report: Jenkins is one of the nation’s fastest rising prospects as a combo forward with great toughness. He will most likely reach high four star status in the next rankings. Jenkins not only brings scoring to the table but he is a versatile matchup problem with good strength.

6'6 230

he has xavier very high on the list, but with the departure of Rasheen our chances might be lower. who knows were he stands now

blueblob06
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Scouting Report: Jenkins is one of the nation’s fastest rising prospects as a combo forward with great toughness. He will most likely reach high four star status in the next rankings. Jenkins not only brings scoring to the table but he is a versatile matchup problem with good strength.

6'6 230

he has xavier very high on the list, but with the departure of Rasheen our chances might be lower. who knows were he stands now

With our new DC connection, maybe our chances are better?

paulxu
05-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe one of them knows Chris Thomas.

BTW, don't we still have one scholarship we can give for this year?

DC Muskie
05-18-2012, 03:23 PM
I've seen this kid a few times. He is the real deal.

xunorm
08-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Looks like the ship has sailed on him...

http://marylandhoops.net/?p=1067

Masterofreality
08-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah, he's reportedly going to Villanova.

gladdenguy
08-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Does this surprise anybody? Mack can't sell a top 100 kid to Xavier after this last Tuesday. Keep believing positive Pete's....next will be Chris Thomas decommitting. Mark it down. .

muskienick
08-26-2012, 07:28 PM
What has gotten into you, gg? Jamie Gladden was one of my favorite Xavier players of all times and you are becoming one of my least favorite posters of all time. When will you be predicting that the Muskie Men's Basketball Program will be shut down for good. I imagine that will be among your next few posts!

GIMMFD
08-26-2012, 10:41 PM
DAMNIT. I really wanted Kris after hearing about him over the last few months, hopefully we lock up Devin Williams' signature soon, otherwise we may have more big man troubles again.. well unless Jalen and James are really really good!

Xman95
08-27-2012, 12:04 AM
DAMNIT. I really wanted Kris after hearing about him over the last few months, hopefully we lock up Devin Williams' signature soon, otherwise we may have more big man troubles again.. well unless Jalen and James are really really good!

Based simply on things I have read (I have zero inside info on this), my guess is that Devin Williams is not going to wind up at X. Hope I'm wrong, because I'm sure it isn't good. That's the impression that I get. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0)

Muskie
08-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Does this surprise anybody? Mack can't sell a top 100 kid to Xavier after this last Tuesday. Keep believing positive Pete's....next will be Chris Thomas decommitting. Mark it down. .

Since he didn't respond to your tweet (asking if he could sell the program to a recruit at this point)... I'd say Mack doesn't agree with you.

Masterofreality
08-27-2012, 10:17 AM
As per the below from Telep, it appears that Jenkins had been leaning to Villanova for some time and his commitment had nothing to do with any thing related to Dez Wells.

But conspiracy theorists will always have their conspiracy.

Villanova's pursuit of Jenkins pays off

August, 27, 2012
By Dave Telep

They never waivered. The Villanova Wildcats watched No. 70 Kris Jenkins (Washington, D.C./Gonzaga) last spring, saw him erupt over the winter and then sustain a summer-ending injury in June. Through it all, Jay Wright and his staff were locked on the power forward from one of Washington D.C.’s top basketball powerhouses.

When it was time to decide, Jenkins heard Wright loud and clear. The combo-forward was indeed Villanova’s type of guy and he knew it.

“I think it started last spring when they started recruiting me extremely hard,” Jenkins said. “They kept telling me that ‘you’re our guy and we want you at Villanova.’ It started to hit home as they kept recruiting me.”

gladdenguy
08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Since he didn't respond to your tweet (asking if he could sell the program to a recruit at this point)... I'd say Mack doesn't agree with you.

He called me on the phone and gave me his response. Thats what I'm talking about.