PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court Health Care Program

Emp
04-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Drunk? Need to sober up quick?

The Guardians of your right not to be molested by the police state have a solution: get arrested (not convicted, arrested) for about anything....running a red light and not whipping out your insurance card fast enough......misbehaving at a Tea Party rally.......any little thing will do.

Once you get arrested, the Supremes have authorized a full strip search and body cavity exam. Nothing sobers me up more than the snap of a latex glove and the feel of cold KY jelly on my ass.

I understand, you're cuffed and in the slammer, but you might have a Glock up your ass, you know how often THAT happens.

If public safety trumps all Constitutional individual rights, then total access to your email and bank accounts, random stops and warrantless home searches are here to stay.

GoMuskies
04-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Did not like the Supreme Court decision one bit.

XULucho27
04-03-2012, 11:24 AM
This was certainly an ... interesting decision.

Snipe
04-03-2012, 11:27 AM
How did the court vote?

XULucho27
04-03-2012, 11:29 AM
5-4

Scalia, Alito, Kennedy, Roberts and Thomas for upholding the search.

Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor, and Kagan dissenting.

LA Muskie
04-03-2012, 11:40 AM
We are literally down to a Supreme Court of 1: Justice Kennedy. The idealogues on each side have parted with their brethren occasionally, but rarely (if ever) on important, "partisanized" issues.

To see an article about how even Reagan-era conservatives are upset with the activisim of the judicial right of the Supreme Court bench, here's a good article (http://mobile.latimes.com/p.p?a=rp&m=b&_fromSocial=1&postUserId=7&postId=1890667).

Snipe
04-03-2012, 11:54 AM
LA Muskie, you are beyond an idiot. Both those guys endorsed Obama last election. To hell with your "Reagan Era" lawyers tripe. You are a fool, and now a known fool.

The Supreme Court is divided. It always has been on contentious issues. It is just as divided one way as it is the other. This country is divided. We also may become Greece, but without someone to bail us out.

If you want to argue back, tell me how Reagan they were after endorsing Obama last year. Don't peddle that soft crap here, I have no use for it.

God have mercy on us, and screw a fool like you.

DC Muskie
04-03-2012, 12:07 PM
It sounds like to me that Snipe wants to strip search LA Muskie.

GoMuskies
04-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I found two things odd about the article:

1) That a Reagan lawyer got a job at Harvard (though from his comments and Obama love, he has apparently been reformed by Harvard).

2) That someone who endorsed Obama is employed by Pepperdine.

LA Muskie
04-03-2012, 12:17 PM
LA Muskie, you are beyond an idiot. Both those guys endorsed Obama last election. To hell with your "Reagan Era" lawyers tripe. You are a fool, and now a known fool.

The Supreme Court is divided. It always has been on contentious issues. It is just as divided one way as it is the other. This country is divided. We also may become Greece, but without someone to bail us out.

If you want to argue back, tell me how Reagan they were after endorsing Obama last year. Don't peddle that soft crap here, I have no use for it.

Snipe, read my post. I noted that there were idealogues on both sides of the bench. I didn't post an article about the activist left because, well, they've always been attacked as activist.

As for the Reagan era lawyers, many supported Obama in the last election. Even as conservatives, Reaganites were unabashedly progressive in many eras. The fact that they supported Obama in the last election doesn't mean they are wrong about the emerging activism of the Supreme Court right.

Kahns Krazy
04-03-2012, 01:48 PM
What does this have to do with health care? I am very confused.

smileyy
04-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Obama is more of an authoritarian than Reagan was.

smileyy
04-03-2012, 01:53 PM
What does this have to do with health care? I am very confused.

I think its a joke about "free" prostate exams.

Kahns Krazy
04-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I think its a joke about "free" prostate exams.

Joke/dʒoʊk/ Show Spelled [johk] Show IPA noun, verb, joked, jok·ing.
noun
1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act

Nope, it's not that.

xu95
04-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Would people have the same outrage if there was one more liberal judge on the supreme court and every ruling was slanted to the left?

Surprise, surprise, the Supreme Court has judges who have a leaning to either the right or the left. Guess what, it always has.

Emp
04-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Now this is the Snipe we've always known and loved, not that "reasonable political dialogue" poser who has been hijacking his posts recently. Personal attacks always in fashion for Lil Rush.

It hasn't always been contentious in the Supreme Court. A student of the court would know that. And it has seldom been conservative appointees pillaging our personal freedoms in the name of order (skip the law.) Scalia and Thomas are vitriolic ideologues, uncivil and combative in the extreme, and much more activist than the (allegedly liberal) justices they replaced.

GoMuskies
04-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Would people have the same outrage if there was one more liberal judge on the supreme court and every ruling was slanted to the left?

Yes. It would just be different people.

LA Muskie
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Surprise, surprise, the Supreme Court has judges who have a leaning to either the right or the left. Guess what, it always has.

No, because liberals have traditionally not stayed "in line" the way conservatives do. They are typically much more willing to buck the trend.