PDA

View Full Version : 540 Million Dollars

Snipe
03-30-2012, 09:03 AM
The Mega Millions jackpot is at $540,000,000.00.

The cash option stands at $389,000,000.00

Are you in?

What do you plan to do with the money?

The first thing you have to decide is whether to take the cash option or the annual payments.

The cash option is $389 million right off of the bat, but you have to pay taxes on that right off of the bat. If you win you may need to consult an attorney prior to cashing the ticket. Any charitable gifts you have in mind? Then would be a good time to do them before you pay taxes. You could also set up a charitable trust to park the money tax free and decide where to give it to later.

Assuming you pay 40% in taxes, and you didn't give to charity, you would only be left with a measly $233 million. Enough to live on I guess, but it is no $540 million. After the wifey takes her share, you would have even less. Compared to the Wall Street hedge fund managers, you would still be a pauper.

You would have to invest that 233 million. If you assume a 6% rate of return, that would give you a capital flow of $14,000,000 a year. You would have to spend that every year to avoid getting richer. No wonder the rich get richer. At some point it would be a pain in the ass to spend 14 million every year, and you might want to take some time off. By the time you got back to the pile, their would be even more money to spend. What a burden. It could ruin your life.

If you want the full $540 million, you have to take it over 26 years.

That would come out to:
$20,769,231 per year
$1,730,769 per month
$399,408 per week
$56,902 per day
$2,371 per hour
$40 per minute

When you break it down like that, $40 a minute doesn't sound all that special. And $2,371 per hour is less than high class hookers make, at least when they are working. When you consider it is every minute and every hour for 26 years, it changes the dynamic.

The great thing about the yearly flow is that you could spend 20.7 million every year for 25 years, and then save the last payment and retire on that. You wouldn't invest and go bust all at once. So you would have that going for you.

So what do you do?

Are you playing? If so, what are you planning to do with the money? Would you tell anyone? Everyone? Noone? If you think you couldn't tell anyone, how are you going to keep the secret? My friends and family would probably notice my new digs, and say, wow, you did really well with being a slum lord. What are you a cocaine kingpin? And wouldn't you just be dying to tell them? Once one person knows, that secret ain't staying.

So what are you plans?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, somebody give me a list of famous Xavier player's numbers to choose from. I am thinking of buying a Xavier ticket today, and I want to mix and match some of the old with some of the new. Stanley Burrell is going to help me win this money.

Kahns Krazy
03-30-2012, 09:28 AM
I had to close my office door because it is all anyone is talking about.

I'd like to think I'd be a responsible shepherd of that kind of coin, and that I would use it to do a lot of good in the city.

I would, however, splurge and get myself a fully restored Amphicar. I freakin love those things.

http://images.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/09/1964Amphicar_02_700.jpg

http://www.amphicar.com/images/vintage_amphicar_in_water.jpg

Michigan Muskie
03-30-2012, 09:29 AM
I am playing. I usually don't because I never think about it, but when the pot reaches this level there is a lot of buzz. I would like to win, and you can't win without playing. So I'm playing.

I'd cash out up front after consulting with my tax attorney for advice. After that, it's all about freedom. Freedom to do what I want, when I want. I'm not the kind who would rush out to buy a $500,000 car, helicopter, boat, etc. I'm more interested in knowing what it feels like to be completely free of debt. I want to experience the moment when I can look my wife in the eye and tell her there will never be another time in our lives when we have to shuffle things around just to make a mortgage payment.

After that initial massive sigh of relief and excitement, it would be time to give back. There are people in my life who have supported me in one way or another, either financially or otherwise, who would benefit. Not because they feel they need to be repaid, and not because I feel the obligation to repay them. But because they understand the joy that comes from celebrating success with others. Many of these people don't need money, but I'd sure like to help them take care of their loved ones that do.

To me, the fun of collecting a prize like that would be in celebrating with others. I wouldn't want to flaunt the wealth, but I would want others to enjoy it with me.

I want to be the guy in line at Kroger who pays for the people behind me without telling them. I want to be the guy who treats a family to tickets and concessions at a Reds game. I want to be the guy who invites new guests each game into my luxury box at the Cintas Center. I'll serve LaRosa's and Skyline with Yuengling and scotch.

The best part about my sharing ideas is that I could never spend the amount I'd earn in interest each year, so I wouldn't be depleting the base amount that would be used to take care of future generations of Michigan Muskies. With the help of financial advisers far smarter than I, my children, their children, and their families will not struggle. They may have to earn an honest dollar, but they won't struggle.

Damn it, Snipe. Now you have me thinking I've already won. I will be happy to reward you for reminding me to purchase my winning ticket with an open invitation to my luxury suite. See you there.

Kahns Krazy
03-30-2012, 09:32 AM
And on the cash option vs. annuity payments, you'd have to be a bonehead to take the annuity at these rates looking forward into a period where tax rates on the wealthy will most certainly increase. Take the freaking cash and run!

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-30-2012, 09:34 AM
You have a 1:176 million chance of winning Mega Millions.

-You are 50 times more likely to be struck by lightning...Be careful there are severe storms in the forecast today

-You are 17 times more likely to get hit by falling parts from an airplane

-You are 8000 times more likely to be murdered

-You are 20,000 times more likely to be killed in a car crash

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z377/aggie2210/dumbtheresachance.gif

ammtd34
03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
The way I look at it is that it's worth however much you spend on a ticket(s) to think about how you would spend the money. It can be a pretty fun way to kill an hour.

I bought my tickets knowing that no one is going to win tonight and that the next drawing will be about 3/4 of a billion. I plan on winning that one.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 09:47 AM
The way I look at it is that it's worth however much you spend on a ticket(s) to think about how you would spend the money. It can be a pretty fun way to kill an hour.

I bought my tickets knowing that no one is going to win tonight and that the next drawing will be about 3/4 of a billion. I plan on winning that one.

The jackpot has jumped 49% since it was 363 million last time out. If nobody wins this time, I would expect the jackpot to soar past the 800 million mark. It will be a feeding frenzy. Blood in the water, Lord of the Flies type stuff.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 09:48 AM
You have a 1:176 million chance of winning Mega Millions.

-You are 50 times more likely to be struck by lightning...Be careful there are severe storms in the forecast today

-You are 17 times more likely to get hit by falling parts from an airplane

-You are 8000 times more likely to be murdered

-You are 20,000 times more likely to be killed in a car crash

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z377/aggie2210/dumbtheresachance.gif

Parade day has come at last, and Jimmy just forecast rain.

Damn you Jimmy! I am cutting you off from the luxury suite list.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
And on the cash option vs. annuity payments, you'd have to be a bonehead to take the annuity at these rates looking forward into a period where tax rates on the wealthy will most certainly increase. Take the freaking cash and run!

My fear is not taxes. I would expect a dollar 26 years from now to be worth considerably less, taxes or no taxes. I would take it all now and buy some gold and a bunker.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Parade day has come at last, and Jimmy just forecast rain.

Damn you Jimmy! I am cutting you off from the luxury suite list.

It is going to literally rain in the midwest today and I got that information from Meteorologist Pat Berry. So technically, Oldies 103.5 or Pat Berry should be blamed for raining on your parade

Snipe
03-30-2012, 09:53 AM
To me, the fun of collecting a prize like that would be in celebrating with others. I wouldn't want to flaunt the wealth, but I would want others to enjoy it with me.

I want to be the guy in line at Kroger who pays for the people behind me without telling them. I want to be the guy who treats a family to tickets and concessions at a Reds game. I want to be the guy who invites new guests each game into my luxury box at the Cintas Center. I'll serve LaRosa's and Skyline with Yuengling and scotch.

The best part about my sharing ideas is that I could never spend the amount I'd earn in interest each year, so I wouldn't be depleting the base amount that would be used to take care of future generations of Michigan Muskies. With the help of financial advisers far smarter than I, my children, their children, and their families will not struggle. They may have to earn an honest dollar, but they won't struggle.

Damn it, Snipe. Now you have me thinking I've already won. I will be happy to reward you for reminding me to purchase my winning ticket with an open invitation to my luxury suite. See you there.

I can't wait for the luxury suite!

It would be great to help people out, but once word got around the line would be long. That could seriously ruin your life. I would want to help people out without letting them know it was me doing the helping. How could you go about paying off people's mortgages anonymously? Would have to be crafty to find a way to do something like that.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 09:57 AM
It is going to literally rain in the midwest today and I got that information from Meteorologist Pat Berry. So technically, Oldies 103.5 or Pat Berry should be blamed for raining on your parade

It never rains inside the luxury suite.

Speaking of things I would like on my compound, I would like something like the Krohn Conservatory attached to my house, and with an indoor pool and patio. It would always be summer at the Snipemans!

I loved the Krohn since I was a kid, especially the waterfall. I always thought if I was filthy rich I would have a house like that. Isn't that crazy? Who is the guy living in the greenhouse? What a whackjob.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I am going to produce a movie that combines characters from Avatar, Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Titanic, Transformers, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, and The Dark Knight. That should guarantee me hitting every demographic possible and should bring in approximately $15-20 billion dollars in sales worldwide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

Masterofreality
03-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I love the Amphibicar. One of man's greatest inventions. Just a bit before it's time, just like the Nash that had fully reclining bench seat backs that turned the entire car into one big bed playground. Many a 50 plus year old was concieved in that environ.

It was not a good idea, however, to imerse the Amphibicar in salt water, for obvious reasons.

I also love the fact that Snipe cannot stop responding to his own posts in his own thread. This is Ricky Henderson type 3rd person obsession. His rantings from Hells Kitchen are entertaining, however.

As to what I will do when I win the jack. I will be the ultimate "Fat Cat" donor to start up the Xavier Division 1 Football program making Nickgyp eternally grateful. The whole thing. Stadium. "Masterofreality Field". Uniforms. "Sponsored by Masterofreality". Scholarships. "The Masterofreality Grant."

Hell, I'll even start up my own Bowl Game- The "Masterofreality Bowl". One team each year is already set- Xavier. I don't care if we go an Irv Etler-esque 1-9. We're in baby. Screw being "Bowl eligible" . I run the show and make the rules. The Mighty Musketeers will always be eligible. If I feel inclined, I might reach down to the depths of Division 1 and take plucky teams like Oh-ho-ho State or Not-re Dame to play.

SucKS? Never. Their Strength of Schedule won't pass muster.

Jumpy
03-30-2012, 10:22 AM

Exactly, the $5 I will use to buy tickets for tonight's drawing is worth the little bit of daydreaming that it brings with it.

Honestly, while it would initially be exhilirating to win that much money, it certainly has the capability to quickly ruin your life. Money like that can quickly ruin relationships with family members or friends if they think you're not giving them what they deserve. Not to mention that managing that much money would become a full time job in itself.

If I were to win:
- I'd immediately set up a team of attorneys and financial advisers befre I even preseted the winning ticket.
-I'd gve money to X an St. X as well as Clemson (my wife's alma mater) without a doubt.
- I'd set up an education fund for all young members of my family. They would each have enough to go wherever they wanted for school, as long as it isn't dayton. They would be required to maintain a 3.0 GPA to keep the money flowing, though.
-I'd figure out how much to give every family member/friend that I've talked to in the past 12 months. If I haven't seen you or talked to you since the last family reunion, don't come begging at the doorstep. In lieu of auditing their fiances and figuring how much it would take to pay off all their debt, I would simply give a lump sum to each, with more going to both sets of parents.
- I'd build my dream McMansion somewhere in the Greater Cincinnati area. I'd build/buy a beach house and a lodge in the woods somewhere, possibly on a remote lake in Canada.
- I'd take flying lessons so I could get myself to each house easily.
- Aside from putting a large portion of money in the market, I would look at real estate as a long term investment. Both existing properties and strategic green space to sit on until the area was hot for development. Hell, with that kind of money, it would be possible to become a developer myself.
- I would travel to every destination that I've ever seen on tv or in magazines and thought, man, that would be so cool to visit.

Kahns Krazy
03-30-2012, 10:28 AM
That kind of money leads to some questions that I would never expect to encounter in my life. Like, "Should I put a bowling alley in the basement" and "How do I ensure clean airflow to my bunker/saferoom".

I'd also never fly commercial again.

Kahns Krazy
03-30-2012, 10:33 AM

Years ago, I had someone standing at my desk, sipping on a Starbucks and telling me how stupid I was for buying a lottery ticket. I made the observation that both of our choices were going to be worth piss in less than 24 hours, so we were even.

bobbiemcgee
03-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I'd also never fly commercial again.

Maybe the best thing about being filthy rich.

GoMuskies
03-30-2012, 10:38 AM
As to what I will do when I win the jack. I will be the ultimate "Fat Cat" donor to start up the Xavier Division 1 Football program making Nickgyp eternally grateful. The whole thing. Stadium. "Masterofreality Field". Uniforms. "Sponsored by Masterofreality". Scholarships. "The Masterofreality Grant."

Hell, I'll even start up my own Bowl Game- The "Masterofreality Bowl". One team each year is already set- Xavier. I don't care if we go an Irv Etler-esque 1-9. We're in baby. Screw being "Bowl eligible" . I run the show and make the rules. The Mighty Musketeers will always be eligible. If I feel inclined, I might reach down to the depths of Division 1 and take plucky teams like Oh-ho-ho State or Not-re Dame to play.

It sounds like you plan on winning the lottery a few times.

Madfan
03-30-2012, 10:43 AM
First thing I would do is pay off my grandparents' mortgage. They live pay check to pay check. Maybe it would be better to just buy their house with a little profit for them built in. Then let them live in it for free.

I don't really care about doing anything crazy with the money I'm winning tonight. I don't need a helicopter, unless X puts a landing pad next to Cintas.

With that kind of $$ you could figure out how to help folks on the sly I would think.

The only thing I would probably do is move to a larger home, nothing huge just big enough for my two large dogs to not drive me crazy.:D

I will come back on the board and let everyone know how it all works out! hahaha

Kahns Krazy
03-30-2012, 10:46 AM
With that kind of $$ you could figure out how to help folks on the sly I would think.

There are lots of organizations that are already set up to do just that. The Greater Cincinnati Foundation does all sorts of work with wealthy individual's money in a structured way that allows the money to be anonymous if they so choose.

They move a whole lot of money in this town, and they do it fairly quietly.

coasterville95
03-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Put me down in the "A Luxury Box at Cintas" would be mine club.

I love to travel - have to have a travel agent on retainer. See the world right, first class everything. (Hey, I like the private plane idea, for doemstic travel, but those international laws, then again tha's what the hired charter pilot is for, right?)

A few condos in strategic places - places the family likes to go on vacation, etc.

The ultimate home theater system - which can be easily converted to the ultimate home sports bar. Except for the fact i'd be going to every X game home and away. Oh well,t here are other teams I could watch on a monster screen.

That and the donations to the alma mater, the high school, the AFO, and a host of other charities.

The other thing about the anuity vs. the lump sum - all the horror storeis about the people who blow their entire jackpot in the first 5 years. Annuity forces the issue to last at least 26 years. And you'd have to be crazier than Brewster on Brewster's Millions to blow $15-$20 million a year. (Unless, of course, you are building huge stadiums, rec centers, research facilities, churches, hospitals, etc).

picknroll
03-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Mega Millions lottery jackpot for tonight has now been upgraded to $640 million.
Mind-boggling...

BMoreX
03-30-2012, 11:13 AM
darren rovell ‏ @darrenrovell
BREAKING: So many tickets purchased, Mega Millions prize has just jumped from $540 million to an estimated $640 million.

EDIT: picknroll beat me to it. Still 10 hours to buy tickets, too.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Holy Crap, now I am going to have to buy more stuff. These people won't leave me alone. I would have been fine with the 360 million.

At this rate if nobody hits it, it is going to be a billion!

xu95
03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
I already have the winning ticket so don't waste your money. BTW, it is 640 million now.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 11:24 AM
When I win, I am going to give everyone who repped this post 1 million dollars!

xu95
03-30-2012, 11:28 AM
I was able to rep everyone but you in this thread Snipe. Sorry.

When I win, I am going to buy one of the luxury suites and let all of you come sit in it.

Masterofreality
03-30-2012, 11:34 AM
It sounds like you plan on winning the lottery a few times.

I'm a negotiator. That's what I do for a living- negotiate.

I won't just throw money around like water. I'll get everything I want at the price I want it for- all for my University.

I'll be proud to be on the 50 yard line when Herb Bauer announces to the amassed throng at Masterofreality Field- "Ladies and Gentlemen.....Welcome back to Xavier University Football!!!!!"

My first act will be to buy a round of beers for all adults in the stands- with proper ID, of course.

Masterofreality
03-30-2012, 11:35 AM

I can't rep your ass.

Piker.

waggy
03-30-2012, 11:43 AM
I think I read somewhere that the federal income tax on lottery winnings is 25%. Not that I have ever had to actually worry about it, but I like my daydreaming to be accurate.

coasterville95
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
%540 to $640 million - think I can toss in a luxury box for the Reds too? :)

Snipe
03-30-2012, 12:18 PM
I think that is the mandatory withholding, not the actual taxes. Your tax will be affected by charitable contributions, but the highest tax rate is around 39%. Ohio has a 6% withholding on lottery winnings, and the City of Cincinnati income tax rate is 2.1% Add up those tax rates and it comes to 47%. It sucks to be in the Top 1%, you would hate those occupiers if you win.

The cash payout is currently 462 million. Take out 47% for taxes, and you only have a lame 245 million.

I can't wait to bitch about my taxes!

And MOR, I got you covered. I ain't paying for Xavier football, but you will get your million for repping me on Oriakhi thread. And when he comes in it will be like winning the lottery twice in one week.

Also, when I win road trips are going to be legendary.

X-band '01
03-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Also, when I win my rental properties are going to be legendary.

Fixed that for you.

Titanxman04
03-30-2012, 12:32 PM
I know what I would do with the money, aside from invest...

I would most certainly buy a suite in cintas. It would be the XH suite. Certain people would be allowed in, and there would be a few who would be banned. For the sake of saving face, we would definitely have to keep Kahns out.

Since we are all going to be drinking beer, bourbon, and whiskey, BBC willbe banned since he drinks all those girls drinks that are colored and have thingin them.

No assoles allowed, so Drews Crew is out.

We have to make sure all the other suites wish they were in our suite, so we have to be cool."which means everyone else is banned as well..especially me.

This is gonna be awesome.

(Of course, I didn't read the whole thread before I posted this. Horray for originality!)

Snipe
03-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Also, at 640 million, we are now over two million a month, every month, for 26 years. Think of the pressure you would be under to spend that much money.

That is still only $47 a minute when you think about it, and it isn't even $1 per second.

Compare that to the Hedge Fund guy who made 3 Billion last year. He made $220 every minute, and a whopping $3.66 every second. I bet it is still not enough once you get in the game.

I guess I would have to learn to live within the limitations of my $245 million dollars. It would be tough knowing about all those people that have more than me.

In the Silicone Valley in California, many millionaires are depressed because they know, live and work with people that have so much more. It eats at them, and they can't stand it. It always becomes some sort of cock measuring contest in the end I guess.

Conversely, I live in the hood around some astounding poverty, and I feel like a pretty rich guy. I am married with kids and I own my house in a community where the percentage of people that have that is small. Now maybe the bank really owns the house and my properties more than I do, but people don't know that. I have had people stop me on the street and shake my hand, and tell me I am doing the right thing.

That doesn't happen in the suburbs. You got a wife, kids and house? That is incredible, you got it going on! I don't know how I do it all myself. I am flat out incredible.

It is all about perspective I guess. Those depressed millionaires in the silicone valley should move.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Also, when I win my rental properties are going to be legendary.

Fixed that for you.

I would end up dumping some money into the hood. Probably turn everything into condos and single families, do em all up and sell them at a loss.

With $245 million though, I could buy up a substantial portion of my neighborhood. Maybe I wouldn't be the one who would have to move. Man I could have a sweet crib.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 12:46 PM
How much are the Xavier luxury suites anyway?

If you have $245 million, you are gonna being making $15 million or more every year on your money.

The luxury suite is going to be an afterthought, just a drop in the barrel. What are they, maybe 100-200k? a year? You wouldn't even notice the check clearing the bank.

You guys are so small time.

Blue Blooded-05
03-30-2012, 12:48 PM

Haha, that's exactly what we were saying in my office. I went out for lunch and took up a collection. This drawing marks the first time in my life I have ever purchased lottery tickets.

The best part: I am a Certified Financial Planner(TM) practitioner. In fact, of the 7 of us that bought tickets, 4 of us have our CFP® designations.

Here's some free financial advice: Playing the lottery is NOT part of a sound retirement planning strategy!

ammtd34
How much are the Xavier luxury suites anyway?

If you have $245 million, you are gonna being making $15 million or more every year on your money.

The luxury suite is going to be an afterthought, just a drop in the barrel. What are they, maybe 100-200k? a year? You wouldn't even notice the check clearing the bank.

You guys are so small time.

What about buying 5 boxes side by side, knocking down the walls, and turning it into a superbox?

XUglow
If I played and won, I would open a foundation to help beautiful women that need financial support to maintain a more-or-less worthless existence. No job, no money, and no moral compass is a bad combination for many young women in this country. Quite often, they will end up marrying men just for their money when they really have no desire to be married. Let's stop this madness.

Freedom to be beautiful and lazy is a beautiful thing.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/2700/2700,1185797296,1/stock-photo-two-beautiful-women-sunbathing-by-the-pool-4227991.jpg

Jumpy
03-30-2012, 12:54 PM
If I played and won, I would open a foundation to help beautiful women that need financial support to maintain a more-or-less worthless existence. No job, no money, and no moral compass is a bad combination for many young women in this country. Quite often, they will end up marrying men just for their money when they really have no desire to be married. Let's stop this madness.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/2700/2700,1185797296,1/stock-photo-two-beautiful-women-sunbathing-by-the-pool-4227991.jpg

That is the single greatest plan for lottery winnings I've ever heard.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 12:58 PM
What about buying 5 boxes side by side, knocking down the walls, and turning it into a superbox?

See now we are getting somewhere.

What happens when they expire though? Pretty girls have a short shelf life and need to be replenished often. Once they are past the sell-by date we will need to restock.

I think we should just rent them. I imagine how Charlie Sheen used to party. He used to buy hookers for all his friends and have them dress up like cheerleaders. He would get in a football uniform and they all acted like he won the big game.

Now that is livin. High class hookers for me and all of my friends! And then at the end of the night they get to go, because you never pay a woman for sex, you pay a woman to LEAVE!

And don't let that door hit your ass on the way out baby.

This Mega win is going to be epic. Probably my best work yet. Don't show this post to my wife though.

Kahns, is it OK to tell my only lottery joke?

smileyy
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I thought this was a revival of an old thread on how much the city wasted on Paul Brown Stadium.

Masterofreality
03-30-2012, 01:54 PM
In the Silicone Valley in California......

It is all about perspective I guess. Those depressed millionaires in the silicone valley.....

Boobs.

Masterofreality
03-30-2012, 01:58 PM

In the Glow universe of Great Posts, this is by far the Greatest.

Snipe
03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Boobs.

Looks like Glow is out to create his own Silicone Valley!

Snipe
03-30-2012, 02:08 PM

Still time to get in while the gettin is good. They time stamp those reps, so if you don't get in under the wire you will not get your million dollars. You will hear that the winning ticket was bought at the Sunoco downtown and you will know that the Snipeman has triumphed again. And this will be more legendary than usual.

I have had several reps on this thread, perhaps it is my most popular thread ever. I even got a rep from a fellow rep whore who just liked it as an idea to get more reps. They always respect the reps.

I am making a list, and checking it twice. Tomorrow everyone that is in will be filthy rich. Well, not compared to me, but a million is still nothing to shake a stick at.

Get those reps in boys! For the ladies, if you rep me I will give you $750,000, because women only make 75 cents to every dollar a man makes, and I have half a notion that you aren't even worth that much. Still, it is better than nothing. Ta ta!

WOO HOO!

XUglow
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
What happens when they expire though? Pretty girls have a short shelf life and need to be replenished often. Once they are past the sell-by date we will need to restock.

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. True. If I be holdin' the checkbook, and I no longer think your are beautiful, you will loose your chaise lounge by the pool. I'm not heartless though. I will give them some lovely parting gifts.

Kahns Krazy
03-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Can't believe I'm the first one here:

http://files.sharenator.com/lawrence_office_space_if_you_had_3_3_billion_dolla rs_what_would_you_do_with_it-s498x263-47204-580.jpg

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.
Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
Peter Gibbons: Good point.
Lawrence: Well, what about you now? What would you do?
Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Well, yeah.
Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

nickgyp
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
MOR:

Gee, that be enough money to start at least four D-1 football teams: Xavier North, Xavier South, Xavier East and Xavier West. I plan on rebuilding the football stadium on Victory Parkway for Xavier West; one behind Cintas for Xavier North and one on Xavier Square for Xavier East. Xavier South? I'd buy Paul Brown Stadium (saving the Hamilton County taxpayers a boatload of money); rename it NickGyp Field and let Xavier South play there.

All four teams would only play each other and Xavier would never lose another football game ever and I truly would be eternally happy.

chico
03-30-2012, 05:09 PM
I'd hire Mr. Kenny Rogers to sing the National Anthem - before every home game. Love me some gambler.

I'd buy MOR's election into the Xavier sports HOF for his golfing exploits.

I'd buy every throwback jersey auctioned then hold contests in here to give them away.

I'd pay to do the skyline parachute drop.

I'd hire Snipe to be my personal good luck charm - kind of like Pedro Martinez's midget.

then I'd do a bunch of other fun stuff that people have mentioned on here.

And finally get study a good pair of replica shorts.

paulxu
03-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Study would look good in a pair of replica shorts.

I hope Snipe or Kahns can pull this off. Those welchers owe me a drink.

GoMuskies
03-30-2012, 06:09 PM
I can't rep Snipe. I'm screwed!

chico
03-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Study would look good in a pair of replica shorts..

Stupid auto correct.

X-band '01
03-30-2012, 07:19 PM
(ahem)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/No_2_APTSWSM.jpg

$540 million dollars isn't exactly a lot of money these days. The LA Dodgers were just recently sold for $2 billion dollars alone.

Pluto
03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
First I would drop it in a trust and have the trust accept it so I don't have every slimeball come out of the woodwork to take my money. Talk to the lawyer. Next, I would have an all day concert at a mid sized venue here in Chicago (Lincoln Hall? Rivera?) with all my friends "Plutopalooza" and with FU type of money I would get any band I wanted.

After that I would be responsible and donate money to X for the new Pluto Planetarium or something like that.

xubball1993
03-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Didn't win...back to work on Monday! :(

Masterofreality
03-31-2012, 07:36 AM
Well, Nick.

You'll have to be satisfied with Xavier Club Football again next year.

Sorry.

bigdiggins
03-31-2012, 08:29 AM
I won....$7....on a $10 ticket. Guess I'll have to put in some OT next week to make it up.

paulxu
03-31-2012, 08:35 AM
There was a winner in Kansas. Was that you Go?

bobbiemcgee
03-31-2012, 10:57 AM

Bill Maher on March Madness: 'The Only Place Where You'll Ever Hear the Phrase "Kansas Is Advancing"'

GoMuskies
03-31-2012, 11:11 AM

I can confirm that I had a winning MegaMillions ticket.

$2

paulxu
03-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Bill Maher on March Madness: 'The Only Place Where You'll Ever Hear the Phrase "Kansas Is Advancing"'

My next door neighbor's grandson is in the Air Force and just got stationed at some big base near Wichita. He was very excited the other day as the city got its first Chick-fil-A.
Next stop Bojangles.

GoMuskies
03-31-2012, 11:58 AM
The lines at that Chik-fil-A are insane. You're in for an hour wait at peak times.

nuts4xu
03-31-2012, 12:27 PM
The lines at that Chik-fil-A are insane. You're in for an hour wait at peak times.

Don't go on Sundays....those baptist bible huggers don't open the place on the Sabbath.

nickgyp
03-31-2012, 05:02 PM
MOR:

Dang it! No NickGyp Field? I already had the unis ordered and the stadiums designed. Guess I'll have to wait (unless somehow I have relatives who won in Maryland). I can live with the club team.

Snipe
03-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Imagine how big my head would have gotten if I just won 640 million dollars. Probably would have exploded.

I didn't want to live with full time security anyway. Life would suck being a target. I guess you could get used to it.

Guess I will have to go back to selling crack to poor youth and making Dick Cheney's lies appear to have grass root appeal.

bobbiemcgee
03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
http://d2nxvnj9b2h8rk.cloudfront.net/archive/x760603863/g183183000000000000f16161a5ef2044c7c3767e2c223d11e 4bff1b892.jpg

Masterofreality
04-01-2012, 09:35 AM

Apparently the winner in Kansas was a 91 year old gentlemen.

He took the 26 year payout.

coasterville95
04-01-2012, 02:10 PM
You may laught about a 91 year old taking the 26 year annuity, but knowing how some people are about money, I can imagine this:

Lottery Agent: I guess you'll be taking the lump sum payout?
Winner: $640 million, right?
Lottery Agent: No, only $465 million.
Winer: But what about the other $185 million?
Lottery Agent: Well, to get the full advertised prize, you have to take the annuity, which pays out the full $640 million, spread out over 26 years.
Winner: The I'll take the anuity.
Lottery Agent: (trying to be as graceful as he can) But sir, you realize that you won't get fully paid for another 26 years.
Winner: Yeah, but i'll be danged if I'm going to let you sit here and talk me out of $185 million of my money.
etc.

Realistically, does said winnings transfer to the guys's estate when he dies, which means a named beneficairy would get the remaining payments? Might not be so dumb an idea then, since at 91 how much of that money is he really going to spend, may as well let the heirs take the brunt of the money, and the tax liability.

Masterofreality
04-01-2012, 04:06 PM
With all due respect, Coaster....

What day is it?

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Well, it was bound to happen.

"Man struck by lightning in Wichita after buying Mega Millions Ticket"
http://www.kctv5.com/story/17304770/wichita-man-hopeful-to-win-lottery-struck-by-lightning-instead

BMoreX
04-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Well, it was bound to happen.

"Man struck by lightning in Wichita after buying Mega Millions Ticket"
http://www.kctv5.com/story/17304770/wichita-man-hopeful-to-win-lottery-struck-by-lightning-instead

I'd love to see the odds that both of those would occur to the same person.

GoMuskies
04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
That was a wicked storm on Thursday.

GoMuskies
04-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I'd love to see the odds that both of those would occur to the same person.

Based on the odds of the separate events from the story:

1 in 146,125,000,000,000

Kahns Krazy
04-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Based on the odds of the separate events from the story:

1 in 146,125,000,000,000

No, he didn't win, he just bought a ticket. I would guess that over half of the adult population had a ticket or a share of a ticket for that drawing last week.

Moreover, he's an individual that seem to take his electronics with him out into the yard during electrical storms. I'd say he has a substantially higher than average chance of being struck by lightning.

GoMuskies
04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
No, he didn't win

Oh, I know. I was just running the numbers.