PDA

View Full Version : LaSalle

spongebob
02-23-2008, 02:12 PM
XU wins 57-53. April P leads 4 in double figures with 15 pts and 8 reb's. TaShia 14pts, 13 reb's, her 16th double double of the year. Tudy in with 13pts, 8 reb's and 4 big clutch FT's to close it out. Amber added 11pts while being saddled with foul trouble from early on. Special only had one basket, but it was a huge one late in the game. Schmaltz (spelling??)said Jerri passed to her, told her to shoot, and she did, draining it to put X up 4 with about 45 seconds left. He also commented on how he thought the coaching staff did a great job handling the foul situation, adjusting the personel with various combinations/substitutions. Both Amber and April played with 4 fouls for a good portion of the second half.

All in all, have to be happy about 2-0 on the road this week especially when every game has so much importance. Congrats to the ladies. Payback time Wednesday.

cinskyline
02-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty big shot Special hit with 45 sec left. Hopefully, that will give her a little bit of confidence.

I didn't listen to this on radio. Why was there such a huge foul disparity? Was it the refs?

cinskyline
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
One other thing:

BEAT DAYTON!!

spongebob
02-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I only listened to the second half, but he commented several times about the referees and "ticky tack" or touch fouls being called, then someone getting hammered, and nada. Just no consistency in the calls. Some times it would be a foul, and others, not.

spongebob
02-23-2008, 02:25 PM
One other thing:

BEAT DAYTON!!

Amen to that.

xu_fan
02-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I actually paid and watched the game from LaSalle's website. The refs were pretty bad. It was much of the same stuff where Ta'Shia gets hacked but because she's so much bigger than everyone else nothing is called. A couple of Ambers fouls were REALLY ticky tacky. All in all it was bad!

By the way yea the guards played absolutely awful maybe with the exception of Tudy. Oh well a win is a win...

BEAT DAYTON!

spongebob
02-23-2008, 02:37 PM
i would like to also commend the "d". Hightower was averaging 30 over their last three, all wins. Holding her to 13 was big. Rebounding margin was huge and LaSalle was one and done most of the afternoon. Only 2 second chance points.

spongebob
02-23-2008, 03:30 PM
One other thing:

BEAT DAYTON!!

UMass did just that today. Hopefully, UD will stay in their current funk for at least one more game.

XU-PA
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
The road trip warmup is done, it's time to seal the deal.

Take the flyers out to the woodshed!!!

X-band '01
02-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Honestly, I hate it when UD just builds their season for us and then just tanks after beating Xavier. I want to see them get humiliated just like their male counterparts will be tomorrow.