PDA

View Full Version : Kansas

UCGRAD4X
03-16-2012, 09:47 AM
I made the mistake of coming to Kansas City, Kansas. The Jayhawks play at the same time as X. I'm wondering if there is any place in this town that will not be every screen tuned to the KU game.

paulxu
03-16-2012, 09:50 AM
This was the info on the viewing party for the Shootout.

Maybe it's an X bar.

Coach's Bar & Grill
9089 West 135th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66221
11:30 a.m. CST

UCGRAD4X
03-16-2012, 10:10 AM
This was the info on the viewing party for the Shootout.

Maybe it's an X bar.

Coach's Bar & Grill
9089 West 135th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66221
11:30 a.m. CST

I'll look into that. Their other location (103rd) is a KSt. bar.

It will be on the local CBS affiliate. You can come to Harrah's North KC and watch the game with me.

So, who's showing the KU game?

I'm here with family - (in-law's 50th b-day / cancer recovery celebration) - not that I don't have any influence - there is a divided group here. Mostly divided between KU and KSt., and my son went to ND - so it will be an interesting mix. I will definitely take your offer into consideration, thanks. Believe me, if we don't get to a place that is showing the game I want to watch - I may very well end up at Harrah's.

Drew's Crew
03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
I made the mistake of coming to Kansas City, Kansas. The Jayhawks play at the same time as X. I'm wondering if there is any place in this town that will not be every screen tuned to the KU game.

With how they do the games now, you should be able to find the X game on any cable or satellite equipped TV.

The games are all shown on either CBS, TruTv, TNT, or TBS. I am pretty sure we are on CBS.

joe titan
03-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Go Titans!!

xavierj
03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
The KU game is on TruTV. At a bar, you might have some trouble getting anyone to change the channel to CBS, but if you are at someone's home it will be on CBS. Shoot me a PM if you decide to come over to Harrah's.

You live at harrah's?

UCGRAD4X
03-16-2012, 12:04 PM
The KU game is on TruTV. At a bar, you might have some trouble getting anyone to change the channel to CBS, but if you are at someone's home it will be on CBS. Shoot me a PM if you decide to come over to Harrah's.

I guess I was just surprised our game was on CBS over Kansas, but then I remembered who we were playing.

Mel Cooley XU'81
03-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Good on your in-law!

Mazel tov!

Go X!