PDA

View Full Version : Pope Pool 2012

HuskyMuskie
03-06-2012, 03:23 PM
For those of you who don't follow us on Twitter...(@TheXavierPopes)

We are hosting a Pool for the NCAA Tournament this year for all of the Xavier community. We are trying to get as many people as possible involved, and to have a giant Xavier-based pool for everyone. There will be a $5 buy-in per bracket, with a winner takes all grand prize. We are hoping to have over 200 participants, for a roughly $1,000 grand prize.

For those of you who are interested, you can even pay via Paypal and credit card stuff, which I thought was pretty cool.

If interested:

1. Go to http://www.poolhost.com
2. Create an account, and confirm it by e-mail. Very easy to do.
3. Click on "Join A Prive Pool"
4. Enter in Username: ThePopePool , and Password: letsgox
5. Once you are joined, you are good to go. Come back to make your selections after Selection Sunday.
6. If you haven't paid via Paypal or in cash by Thursday, March 15, 2102 at 12:00 PM, your bracket and pool account will be deleted from The Pope Pool.

If you have any questions, holler at me. Again, we are trying to get the entire Xavier community together for this, and use a mixture of pay-in money and revenue from our T-Shirt sales to reward the winning participant.

Pick Away!
http://poolhost.com/index.asp?page=poolmain.asp

LadyMuskie
03-06-2012, 04:09 PM
That's awesome. I personally hope that a student wins just because a student could use that $1000 way more than any of us old people with real incomes could. But, that will be an unpopular sentiment ;)

Michigan Muskie
03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I already use PoolHost for an NFL contest that I've run for 13 years - it's a great service, considering the price.

I'll be sure to join in.

XUOWNSUC
03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
When I read the thread title, I thought this thread was going to be similar to the "Death Pool 2012" and you guys were guessing which Cardinal was going to be the next Pope.

I was wrong.

PMI
03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Hell with the students, I could use that G with what history tells me I'm about to lose in Atlantic City. And with what I lost in New Orleans 2 weeks ago. I'm in.

Jumpy
03-07-2012, 06:27 AM
That's awesome. I personally hope that a student wins just because a student could use that $1000 way more than any of us old people with real incomes could. But, that will be an unpopular sentiment ;)

Hunh- uh. Daddy needs a new iPad.

LadyMuskie
03-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Forget what I said! Every man for himself!