PDA

View Full Version : 2012 SG Carlos Morris

A10fan
02-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Looks like X isn't after just Torian Graham at SG.

Carlos Morris (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5547866)

boozehound
02-28-2012, 06:43 PM
6-6 shooting guard. Sounds pretty good to me.

GIMMFD
02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
High Interest? Very nice.
4 stars? Even better.
Recruiting class? The best.

boozehound
02-28-2012, 08:04 PM
It would definitely be nice to add a highly rated SG with some length to this class. I would also take another good 4 or 5 man. I know we have Reynolds and Farr coming in but we need a front court, bad!

ArizonaXUGrad
02-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Although I really like Christon and Davis, this team need a long guard 6'4 or a bit bigger who has speed enough to defend the 1 or 2 and is a hard worker. I really don't care if the kid can score a ton.

With Dez and Semaj, you have some scoring punch there. What this team will need is some size by position. When XU was successful they might have had some size issues at 1 or 2 positions but it had enough size on the court to play defense. We also had enough hard workers to make up for lack of talent.

nkymuskie
02-29-2012, 09:16 AM
The fact that they are still recruiting a SG makes me believe Lyons or Martin won't be back next year. I think Brad will be back, his knee has not seemed to bother him recently.

whiteyxu
02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
6'6 175lbs is awfully thin. The kid may be a stud don't get me wrong, but he'll need to pack on some serious mass. I'm 5'11 170 and most people think I'm a stick...

bigdiggins
02-29-2012, 12:45 PM
6'6 175lbs is awfully thin. The kid may be a stud don't get me wrong, but he'll need to pack on some serious mass. I'm 5'11 170 and most people think I'm a stick...

Putney or whatever the heck his name is from UMASS is 6'8" 110 lbs and he didn't have any problem blocking 4 shots or scoring 20 points a week back.

Xville
02-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Putney or whatever the heck his name is from UMASS is 6'8" 110 lbs and he didn't have any problem blocking 4 shots or scoring 20 points a week back.

Man could you imagine christon at 6'2, dez at 6'5 and this guy at 6'6 as our guards?? I am salivating over it right now.

xsteve1
02-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Man could you imagine christon at 6'2, dez at 6'5 and this guy at 6'6 as our guards?? I am salivating over it right now.

I like the length but if none of them can play defense it won't mean a hill of beans. Dez really needs to focus on his defense and rebounding this off season. The great Xavier teams of recent past all had a great defenders (Cage, Burrell). Mack needs to get someone to buy in and be that defensive stopper.

xavierj
02-29-2012, 01:29 PM
I like the length but if none of them can play defense it won't mean a hill of beans. Dez really needs to focus on his defense and rebounding this off season. The great Xavier teams of recent past all had a great defenders (Cage, Burrell). Mack needs to get someone to buy in and be that defensive stopper.

You love beating a dead horse. Dez is a freshman and freshman usually do not come in as the best defenders in the world. Dez has done fine for a freshman and he is built to be a defensive stud when he figures it out. I would imagine by next year and will be a killer on the defensive end.

bleedXblue
02-29-2012, 01:34 PM

I don't start salivating until I see them play. Are they team players who will buy into the concept of playing together ? Will they be good leaders/teammates ? Will they give 110% effort at all times ? These are the kind of players we need . Of course they need to be talented as well.

Just b/c a guys 6'6, it doesnt mean squat. It also says something that they guy isnt already signed. Does he have academic issues ?

Please lets think things through before we start to get excited about anyone.

SixFig
02-29-2012, 01:44 PM
ESPN.com and Rivals don't think so highly of him.

Also, who says we stopped recruiting Torian Graham?

Juice
02-29-2012, 02:12 PM
ESPN.com and Rivals don't think so highly of him.

Also, who says we stopped recruiting Torian Graham?

I believe Rivals has written that he will be in their top 150 the next time they release their rankings.

Edit: Here is the article.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1336232

7. Carlos Morris
School: Jacksonville (Fla.) Arlington Country Day
The Buzz: One of the better unsigned wings in the country, Morris is a potentially explosive offensive player. He can shoot from deep, has strength to finish at the rim and has a short memory that allows him to keep shooting.

boozehound
02-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't start salivating until I see them play. Are they team players who will buy into the concept of playing together ? Will they be good leaders/teammates ? Will they give 110% effort at all times ? These are the kind of players we need . Of course they need to be talented as well.

Just b/c a guys 6'6, it doesnt mean squat. It also says something that they guy isnt already signed. Does he have academic issues ?

All good points. Solid character needs to be a prerequisite for Xavier recruits from now on as does strong work ethic. Those are almost more important than athleticism for me.

I believe Morris is unsigned largely because he committed to South Carolina but eventually decommitted due to coaching uncertainty surrounding Darrin Horn. I don't know anything about his grades.

Torian Graham, on the other hand, is rumored to have a hard time qualifying to play anywhere. I can't remember exactly where I heard that though.

StanleyOwnsYou
02-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Torian Graham, on the other hand, is rumored to have a hard time qualifying to play anywhere. I can't remember exactly where I heard that though.

This is what I've been hearing as well, from multiple people.

Xville
02-29-2012, 03:00 PM

geezus you guys are a bunch of wet blankets around here. sorry to get excited about a potential new player who has some good physical attributes. I will crawl back into my hole and cower now.

boozehound
02-29-2012, 03:24 PM
This is what I've been hearing as well, from multiple people.

Which, if true, makes me not want us to go anywhere near Graham. It isn't that hard to qualify for college when you are a basketball player. I'm pretty sure that Graham has already reclassified which means that he will have been in high school for 5 years.

I hate to say it but it if he still is having trouble qualifying it sounds like he is either not very smart (not a trait I want more of on our team) or very lazy (again, not a positive trait).