PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga/DeMatha on ESPN2 tonight

PMI
02-10-2012, 01:25 PM
My alma mater will be taking on DeMatha tonight at 7 on the Deuce in a matchup between two nationally ranked programs from one of the nation's premiere conferences. It will be a good one. I saw Mack at the last game these two played a couple weeks ago and he told me he is very high on Gonzaga's Kris Jenkins, which anyone who follows our recruiting already knows. Rasheed Davis got in on Jenkins well before he blew up this year, and X is sitting pretty with him. He is an extremely skilled inside-out player. He is short for a PF (some think he will be a three in college) but is wide and has long arms. Even though he is just blowing up nationally, you could tell this kid was going to be a great prospect since 8th grade. He plays with Nate Britt, a UNC PG commit, so he he been a little overshadowed on his own team at times, but definitely not this year. jenkins has been hands down the best player in the WCAC this year, which may honestly be the best conference in America. I would love to see him in Xavier blue but I'm a little worried about Georgetown swooping in. We shall see. Gonzaga won the first meeting by 2, and this one is at DeMatha, so it will be a hell of a battle for anyone interested in big time high school basketball.

xavierj
02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
My alma mater will be taking on DeMatha tonight at 7 on the Deuce in a matchup between two nationally ranked programs from one of the nation's premiere conferences. It will be a good one. I saw Mack at the last game these two played a couple weeks ago and he told me he is very high on Gonzaga's Kris Jenkins, which anyone who follows our recruiting already knows. Rasheed Davis got in on Jenkins well before he blew up this year, and X is sitting pretty with him. He is an extremely skilled inside-out player. He is short for a PF (some think he will be a three in college) but is wide and has long arms. Even though he is just blowing up nationally, you could tell this kid was going to be a great prospect since 8th grade. He plays with Nate Britt, a UNC PG commit, so he he been a little overshadowed on his own team at times, but definitely not this year. jenkins has been hands down the best player in the WCAC this year, which may honestly be the best conference in America. I would love to see him in Xavier blue but I'm a little worried about Georgetown swooping in. We shall see. Gonzaga won the first meeting by 2, and this one is at DeMatha, so it will be a hell of a battle for anyone interested in big time high school basketball.

Quick question. Gonzaga and DeMatha always have solid programs with studs playing for them. I assume both are catholic schools correct? How do they get all of these kids? Recruit?

PMI
02-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Quick question. Gonzaga and DeMatha always have solid programs with studs playing for them. I assume both are catholic schools correct? How do they get all of these kids? Recruit?

Well technically you aren't allowed to recruit... Wink, wink. But all WCAC schools recruit. They get kids nationally now (actually DM always has.) Actually, Jenkins is the son of former Carolina Panther Kris Jenkins, so he grew up in Carolina for much of his childhood before coming here to go to Mater Dei, an elementary school that basically recruits athletes too. But yes, both are Catholic. Gonzaga is Jesuit.

KC4X
02-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Is anyone watching this? Great game. Somehow, I missed DM #3 (their PG and star player) being ejected from the game. I saw him get a T for taunting GZ #4 after a block.

Kris Jenkins is really good.

bobbiemcgee
02-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Brewster still pretty good:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/fivestar_basketball/01/25/basketball-power-rankings/index.html?sct=hs_bf3_a5

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/fivestar_basketball/02/02/basketball.power.rankings/index.html?sct=hs_bf3_a3

DC Muskie
02-11-2012, 05:32 AM
I went to first game and watched the second and simply DeMatha's big men decided to play. Lots of talent on the floor last night. Hard to believe the score ended up the way it did.