PDA

View Full Version : Greatest thing ever

XUOHTX
02-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Dayton lost in OT to Lose-alle tonight. Do your self a favor...go to udpride.com and check out the thread titles. It is great

Snipe
02-21-2008, 10:16 PM
I don't need to go. I can only imagine. Boy did they screw up a great season.

If the season ended today UD would be the 11th seed in the Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament. Despite this, they tend to attack me when I suggest that Brian Roberts should not be the Player of the Year for the Atlantic 10 Conference.

I guess I should be able to understand it, it is the only thing they can hold on to.

We are going to destroy them at the UD Arena. Even they know it. What is the record margin at UD arena?

Titanxman04
02-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Again, it saddens me that Brian Roberts has been playing for such a crappy team that can't win games. I was reading urine-dump-pride.com and you would almost begin to feel bad for those folks up there. But then you see all the red and realize that it's Dayton we're talking about and you can't help but laugh. At least, thats how I felt.

PM Thor
02-21-2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.univers-cite.qc.ca/tucs/crash_picture/mig_as_europe/eject.jpg

rove02
02-21-2008, 10:49 PM
I was actually rooting for Dayton to make it to the tourny just because its good for the league. I really don't have that much against Dayton, its just when Dayton friends say stupid things at the beginning of the year like we will def. sweep you guys this year and you try to logically tell them that this probably won't be the case and they are just too close minded to realize that we were going to be good this year too.

Muskie73
02-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I really enjoyed the feelings of gloom and capitulation. They almost didn't have the heart to say "Wait till next year!"

Cheesehead
02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Dayton's chant: "It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!"

BBC 08
02-21-2008, 11:12 PM
No, dayton's chant is: "Wait till next year, wait till next year, wait till next year"

ATL Muskie
02-22-2008, 07:16 AM
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080222/NEWS01/802220375

XU Fan
02-22-2008, 08:13 AM
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080222/NEWS01/802220375

Dayton's Bad Smells Bring EPA Rap

That was good. I think when Dayton was winning early in the season their fans were overlooking their flaws. Key injuries to Louisville and Pitt contributed greatly to their marquee wins. Still they were wins so the fans ate it up. Their close wins over East Tennessee State, Holy Cross, and Akron were glossed over for the most part as the fans thought they saw the bigger picture. Then came UMass and especially Xavier to crush them.

They have had key injuries, but those injuries aren't costing them all of these losses. They might have won a couple games if they didn't have the injuries, but they might not have won their marquee wins if those teams weren't injured. The point is that Dayton is a decent team but it was crazy of their fans if they believed UD was a top 15 team. They are not and were not.

They will still have their chance in Atlantic City, assuming they make it there. They might not even make the NIT though, and I wouldn't be surprised if that new tournament passes them over as well. I am guessing the new tournament (I don't know what it is called) will look for BCS teams where available for the name recognition factor, but I could be wrong about that.