PDA

View Full Version : Rookwood - "And then there was one"

coasterville95
02-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Today - the Enquirer announced that the second of the three landowners involved in the emmienet domain suit at the Rookwood site in Norwood has settled, for $650,000. That leaves just one lot left before the developer owns the whole thing, and thats the house that is standing in the center of the baren field.

So will the developer bide their time, or will they build around it, leaving four butt ugly windowless walls all around that last house, and a roadway back to it that meets the minimum width requirements for an alley?

xuirish
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I hope they build around them.

Kahns Krazy
02-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I have mixed feelings on this. I don't fault the developer for trying the eminent domain tactic, but I do fault the city of Norwood for letting it happen. I agree with the Supreme Court that this was an injustice.

However, Joe Horney is now just a douche bag. He never even lived in the house. It was all about money. He has won a judgment that gives him the return that he would have otherwise reasonably expected. Take the settlement and let the development happen. He is singlehandedly keeping property values own for hundreds of homes in the surrounding area. What an assclown.

I would love to see Anderson build Rookwood II right around that house, and make it totally worthless, but I don't think that's going to happen. I'd just like to see something happen over there.

boozehound
02-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Agreed. He should just settle. He is going to make a lot of money off that house anyways. I would love to see the developers play hardball with him at this point.

Lamont Sanford
02-21-2008, 12:45 PM
KK -

Couldn't agree more. This guy is just being an assclown now. Build around him.

Mark 3 Pointer
02-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Slightly off topic... Just had lunch at J. Alexanders (the waitor spilled ketchup all over my suit)... Got free desert for seven people and a free dry cleaning.

The Artist
02-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Slightly off topic... Just had lunch at J. Alexanders (the waitor spilled ketchup all over my suit)... Got free desert for seven people and a free dry cleaning.

I love it when things like this happen, I think it's well worth it.

NO JUSTICE! NO PEACE!
02-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I love it when things like this happen, I think it's well worth it.

Wonder what people got when the shootings occured?

Kahns Krazy
02-21-2008, 02:50 PM
A free chocolate pudding dessert, served in their pants.

ATL Muskie
02-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Joe Horney. Great name. Makes me think of:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f0/Quag.PNG

Fred Garvin
02-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I think the developer has bent over backwards. They even went back and sweetened the pot for people who had settled early and for less. They didn't have to do that.

What about that other eminent domain case in Clifton? I thought it was near the V.A. and the other hospital.

For years they've talking about integrating all those hospitals on the hill. The model being The Cleveland Clinic. That would be great for the city.

ATL Muskie
02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
A massive homeless shelter in Snipe's neighborhood would be great for the city.

Stonebreaker
02-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Taking homes away is ok, but God forbid someone stifles freedom of speech by asking code pink and friends to not protest at the funerals of soldiers (heroes).