PDA

View Full Version : What is the Worst Movie Ever??

xubrew
12-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I just watched what has to be the worst movie of all time.....

The Star Wars Christmas Special.

I'd heard of it before, but didn't think it was real. I just thought it fell into the category of "Kiss Saves Santa" (Family Guy), something that is often referenced, but not actually a real production. I have a younger cousin that is a huge Star Wars nut, and he knew all about it, but hadn't seen it. I have another friend that I knew while at Xavier that is equally as big a Star Wars nut, and he knew how to get it. It seemed like the perfect Christmas present for my cousin....until we decided to watch it.

I'm not a Star Wars nut, but I did like the movies. This COMPLETELY ruined it. It was so bad and so stupid that I can't even describe it. Every now and then you get a movie that is really bad, but at the same time is inadvertantly entertaining. (Cocktail, Rock and Roll High School, Top Gun, Anything with Chuck Norris, etc). That's what I was hoping for with this, but it was so bad it didn't even achieve that status.

Legend has it that it only aired once, and during the show George Lucas actually attempted to get CBS to pull it off the air before it was over because he saw how horrible it was. I don't know if that's true or not, but it would not surprise me. I got it for free, and I still feel like I paid too much and got ripped off. The commercials were interesting (I guess he recorded it and kept the commercials). I'm not kidding. Seeing 35 year old commercials was the only thing remotely redeeming about it.

It was so bad that I felt compelled to come on here and post about it. It's the worst Star Wars movie ever, the worst Christmas movie ever, and the worst MOVIE movie ever.

RealDeal
12-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Hudson Hawk.

Juice
12-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Titanic

Cheesehead
12-29-2011, 09:25 PM
College Road Trip w/ Raven Symone. Daughter dragged me to it in the theater.

Pure torture.

DC Muskie
12-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Brian's Song.

What wait was the question again?

MHettel
12-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Back to the Star Wars show.

I saw it once also. On regular TV that only time it aired. I was a kid and was so psyched that some Star Wars stuff was going to be on TV. I just did not understand. It wasnt star wars at all, it was absolute garbage.

I remember bits and pieces of it after all these years, and just recently heard about it's cult status. I still remember it.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

JimmyTwoTimes37
12-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Wicker Man

bigdiggins
12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Random Hearts, The Mask, that movie where Madonna walked around singing in Argentian or Portugese or something.

bigdiggins
12-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Titanic

Titantic started off pretty solid. I was really enjoying it until some old woman came on the research boat and startled rambling on. Completely ruined the documentary I thought they were making.

Masterofreality
12-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Waterworld or for you folks from the 1960's Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Snipe
12-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Shakes the Clown is so bad that I had to watch it again. I have seen it a few times. It is so bad it makes me laugh. I need to watch it again sometime. It is flat out horrible.

"The Citizen Cane of Alcoholic Clown Movies".

I highly recommend it. You will regret it, but it will blow every other movie you have ever seen away.

PM Thor
12-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Run Ronny run, Leonard Part 6, Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift, and the worst movie I actually paid money to see...Howard The Duck. Horrific.

I HATE dayton.

X-Fan
12-29-2011, 11:40 PM
I'll have to go with Johnny Mnemonic or The Horse Whisperer. The first, just really really bad. The second, just really really boring.

BENWAR
12-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Open Water!!!

Nothing like having two people bob around in the ocean to make a movie.

What were they thinking?

ballyhoohoo
12-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Wasn't the villain in Leonard part six using dish soap in his evil plan?

How about Blankman and Attack of thr killer tomatos

xubrew
12-30-2011, 12:38 AM

Plan Nine From Outer Space is awful, but it falls under the category of being inadvertently entertaining.

Shakes the Clown might be the winner. I've never heard of it, much less seen it, but even the title is awful.

I'm not kidding, though. This Star Wars movie is the worst thing I have ever seen. It's 101 minutes of pure stupid.

Han Solo is trying to get Chewy home for Christmas, and the first 20 minutes are of Chewy's family. They live in a tree and talk like he does. So, for thirty minutes it's nothing but a bunch of Chewys talking like Chewy up in a tree.

Then Art Carney shows up and gives them christmas presents. While he's there, the Empire shows up looking for Chewy and Han, who aren't there yet. Art Carney then tries to act as decoy. One of the gifts produces a hologram of the band Jefferson Starship, who breaks out into what I think was supposed to be a christmas song. It then inexplicably turns into animation. Luke Skywalker calls Chewy's family on the video screen a few times to tell them not to worry, and Princess Lela sings some sort of Christmas song. In the end, the empire leaves, Han and Chewy get there, and then it's a memory flashback to the first Star Wars movie for the final five minutes.

That's the movie. It is awful. I don't think it can be topped. Then again, I haven't seen Shakes the Clown.

wkrq59
12-30-2011, 02:02 AM

I'll second that. or a triple feature at the twin drive in up the street from Xavier many moons ago: "The Fly, the Spider and the Bat." 24 bottles of Miller in the trunk on ice, 2 big paper bags of popcorn and a triple header for $2.50 ($10 a car) and me the designated driver. Left at 3:30 in the morning and got home at 4:30 after dropping those drunken college freshmen off. And the ticket taker was a gentleman from Tinnessee who pronounced the 3 films" Flaaah, spidah and the Baite"
:eek:

LutherRackleyRulez
12-30-2011, 04:37 AM
BLACK MAMA, WHITE MAMA

- 1973 women in prison film with elements of blaxploitation, starring Pam Grier

- Movie poster tagline:

"Chicks in chains...
and nothing in common but the hunger of 1,000 nights without a man!"

Jumpy
12-30-2011, 06:11 AM
Back to the Star Wars show.

I saw it once also. On regular TV that only time it aired. I was a kid and was so psyched that some Star Wars stuff was going to be on TV. I just did not understand. It wasnt star wars at all, it was absolute garbage.

I remember bits and pieces of it after all these years, and just recently heard about it's cult status. I still remember it.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

It's on youtube in segments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo

I'd embed the video in the thread for everyone's enjoyment, but some scrooge still hasn't turned on the ability to embed video in this forum. :D

xubball1993
12-30-2011, 06:12 AM
This Star Wars movie is the worst thing I have ever seen. It's 101 minutes of pure stupid.

Never seen it but I've read that Carrie Fisher was absolutely plastered on coke for the entire filming.

Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Dirty Dancing: all crap that made $$$s.

Jumpy
12-30-2011, 06:13 AM
I have two favorite BAD movies: Howard the Duck and House. Both so awful, they are entertaining.

XU-PA
12-30-2011, 07:00 AM
To those who nominate "Plan 9" it's so bad that it's actually good, with a cult following.
"Open Water" yea it was bad but the sequel,,,, bile inducing.

And that brings me to my nomination, it's idiotic, everything is bad from the casting, to costuming, to acting to the script, right down to the set.
"Human Centipede"
It makes "Hobo With a Shotgun" look like "Ghandi"
And there's a sequel,,,,,, can't wait for Human Centipede 3-D

paulxu
12-30-2011, 07:14 AM
And the ticket taker was a gentleman from Tinnessee who pronounced the 3 films" Flaaah, spidah and the Baite"

Well, being born and raised in Tennessee, I can assure you he was correct in his pronunciation of the title.

pizza delivery
12-30-2011, 08:21 AM
The Room - equal parts soft core, Bob-Sagat-egoism, German fantasy, and tragedy. Enjoy!

pizza delivery
12-30-2011, 08:22 AM
Plan Nine From Outer Space is awful, but it falls under the category of being inadvertently entertaining.

Shakes the Clown might be the winner. I've never heard of it, much less seen it, but even the title is awful.

I'm not kidding, though. This Star Wars movie is the worst thing I have ever seen. It's 101 minutes of pure stupid.

Han Solo is trying to get Chewy home for Christmas, and the first 20 minutes are of Chewy's family. They live in a tree and talk like he does. So, for thirty minutes it's nothing but a bunch of Chewys talking like Chewy up in a tree.

Then Art Carney shows up and gives them christmas presents. While he's there, the Empire shows up looking for Chewy and Han, who aren't there yet. Art Carney then tries to act as decoy. One of the gifts produces a hologram of the band Jefferson Starship, who breaks out into what I think was supposed to be a christmas song. It then inexplicably turns into animation. Luke Skywalker calls Chewy's family on the video screen a few times to tell them not to worry, and Princess Lela sings some sort of Christmas song. In the end, the empire leaves, Han and Chewy get there, and then it's a memory flashback to the first Star Wars movie for the final five minutes.

That's the movie. It is awful. I don't think it can be topped. Then again, I haven't seen Shakes the Clown.

This sounds hilarious.

pizza delivery
12-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Good News!

The Star Wars Holiday Special is on youtube!

bjf123
12-30-2011, 08:44 AM
The Mosquito Coast. Worst Movie Ever. It starred Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren, and River Phoenix. You'd think a cast like that would make for a great movie. Nope. It's the only movie I've ever watched where I wanted a refund. Some movies are so bad, they actually end up being entertaining. Not this one.

X-band '01
12-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Brew, please tell me you saw this on a Beta. I have no idea if VHS was around back in 1978.

Ledgewood
12-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Anything Adam Sandler has writen or produced in a little over a decade. He must be stopped.

XU 87
12-30-2011, 09:06 AM
The Bad News Bears Go to Japan. A horrible sequel (actually trilogy) to a great original film.

Sorry Chico.

QueensbridgeMF
12-30-2011, 09:14 AM
The Mosquito Coast. Worst Movie Ever. It starred Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren, and River Phoenix. You'd think a cast like that would make for a great movie. Nope. It's the only movie I've ever watched where I wanted a refund. Some movies are so bad, they actually end up being entertaining. Not this one.

Awesome movie and a great book

xubrew
12-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Brew, please tell me you saw this on a Beta. I have no idea if VHS was around back in 1978.

The guy that sent it to me had converted it to DVD format. What he converted it from I'm not sure. It very well could have been Beta.

I have a DVD recorder, which enables me to convert VHS to DVD (I still need to convert your tape of the 2004 tournament games to DVD). I guess you can do Beta as well. It's really rare (if you ever watch it, you'll see that's a good thing). It's just that I happen to know a Star Wars nut that knew another Star Wars nut that had it. That's all I know.

Ledgewood
12-30-2011, 09:16 AM
I don't think people quite understand the magnitude of the Adam Sandler problem. His last ten years' or so worth of writing credits:

2011 Jack and Jill (screenplay)

2011 Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (written by)

2010 Grown Ups (written by)

2008 You Don't Mess with the Zohan (written by)

2002 Eight Crazy Nights (written by)

2000 Little Nicky (written by)

How much longer are people going to give this guy credit for being funny? His productions are an even longer line of smelly turds passed as comedic films. Forget Occupy Wallstreet or whatever anyone else is spending energy trying to fix. We need to realize that we are facing another decade of Rob Schneider films and tired Saturday Night Live cutting room floor trashcan material. We need to stand together and try to stop this man from letting Nick Swardson star in another film. We can do this, but only if we work together.

Juice
12-30-2011, 09:26 AM
To those who nominate "Plan 9" it's so bad that it's actually good, with a cult following.
"Open Water" yea it was bad but the sequel,,,, bile inducing.

And that brings me to my nomination, it's idiotic, everything is bad from the casting, to costuming, to acting to the script, right down to the set.
"Human Centipede"
It makes "Hobo With a Shotgun" look like "Ghandi"
And there's a sequel,,,,,, can't wait for Human Centipede 3-D

I've seen both the original and sequel. The sequel makes the the first one look like a kids' movie. It's pretty sick.

xudash
12-30-2011, 09:29 AM
A tie between Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Will "Da Thrill" Caudle
12-30-2011, 09:33 AM
http://fp2000.org/mkao/images/olasvidzoom.jpg

Ledgewood
12-30-2011, 09:37 AM
At least no one's going around saying the Olsen twins are great thespians with a lot of great movies. There are actually people out there that claim Adam Sandler is funny! C'MON PEOPLE! WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR??!!

XUglow
12-30-2011, 09:54 AM
I watched some of Earth vs. the Flying Saucers the other day. Government scientists have this issue with Aliens, yet they go home and have a barbeque or dinner at night and chat about their day at work like a problem with aliens trying to take over the planet is a daily event.

A scientist and general are at the general's house for dinner. The wife is cooking in the kitchen while the menfolk chat about problems in the living room. The wife yells to them that dinner is almost ready, and then she yells out, "Bring some spoons for your coffee."

What? Bring some spoons for your coffee? They are in the living room. Are the spoons for coffee kept in the living room. Did she put the coffee into cups? It was 1956, so she probably put the coffee in a cup with a saucer. Were there no spoons where she keeps the cups and saucers? What if one of them drinks his coffee black? Does he have to bring a spoon also? I'm supposed to be worried about the aliens, but all of a sudden, there is this twist in the plot where getting spoons to the coffee is now a big deal.

In the end, we were able to shoot high frequency at the saucers and bring them crashing down into Washington DC's most famous landmarks. It was very hairy though. After 8 days of warnings, Washington was able to evacuate only about 40% of the population. A lot of people were running around trying to keep a crashing saucer from landing on them.

Muskie73
12-30-2011, 10:14 AM
For me the biggest dog turd still has to be Love Story. The all time worst chick flick ever conceived and filmed. I do admit I was sorry to see Ali McGraw die at the end of it....... I wanted them all to die. Slow horrible deaths.:p

XUglow
12-30-2011, 10:20 AM
OK, so I may have been in the worst movie ever made, but hardly anyone saw it, so I don't think it counts.

When released, it was called, "The Premonition". It was later re-cut and re-released as "It's Alive". Both were absolutely horrible. The reviewer wrote,"This movie wasn't released. It escaped."

I was an astronomy student in the movie, and the main character was my mentor. His wife was Sharon Farrell, and she had a little monster of a baby. In the original, the baby was supposed to be a devil baby. It was 1974, and they were trying to get some traction from "The Exorcist". When that failed, they redid some shots, and made the baby an actual monster.

Sharon Farrell was smoking hot. She was a daytime soap star at the time, and I was mesmerized by how attractive she was. I worked extra extra hard to be perfect when she was around. She used these funny techniques to get into character. One time, she was supposed to come to our lab and be totally hysterical. We were in our places, and she asked the director to give her a minute. She was working herself up into a fit, and she looked at me and screamed, "Leave my children alone! Leave them alone, damn you!" She then burst into tears. The director yelled action, and she did her scene in total hysteria. At the end of the scene, she collapsed. The director yelled "Cut!" Everyone applauded, and the director went to her and said, "Oscar-worthy. Oscar-worthy." At this point, I realized that all of these people were idiots.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eNSMhU1w_6k/TakHEXGe8ZI/AAAAAAAAEH0/jesS1EAmPD8/s320/189860_158509334204897_100001374950359_300948_7220 968_n.jpg

Jumpy
12-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Good News!

The Star Wars Holiday Special is on youtube!

Psh. 2:17 late. Might as well be a lifetime. ;)

Blue Blooded-05
12-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Somehow the movie "Teeth" was left off the list of Academy Award Best Picture Nominees in 2007...

All you need to know is summarized in this blurb from Wikipedia:

Teeth is a 2007 comedy horror film written and directed by Mitchell Lichtenstein, about a teenage girl who has teeth in her vagina. It premiered January 19, 2007 at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival in the independent drama category. It was released on DVD in the United States on May 6, 2007, by Dimension Extreme.

nuts4xu
12-30-2011, 10:48 AM
The Mask.

I was stoned to the bone when I walked into the movie and didn't laugh at shit until I walked out. It was funnier to walk out of the movie in the middle, than the movie was. Total piece of shit.

XUglow
12-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Somehow the movie "Teeth" was left off the list of Academy Award Best Picture Nominees in 2007...

All you need to know is summarized in this blurb from Wikipedia:

Teeth is a 2007 comedy horror film written and directed by Mitchell Lichtenstein, about a teenage girl who has teeth in her vagina. It premiered January 19, 2007 at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival in the independent drama category. It was released on DVD in the United States on May 6, 2007, by Dimension Extreme.

What? Like there's no risk from biting already? (Note to married guys: I am referring to something that happened before marriage during the marketing phase of your relationship.)

xucub
12-30-2011, 10:53 AM
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, Her Lover. Walked out of it in the theatre 20 years ago, for some reason, it is now showing on a few of the movie channels. Turned it off after 10 minutes.

Kahns Krazy
12-30-2011, 11:28 AM
The Pick Up Artist. I think Molly Ringwald was in it. It's still the only movie I have ever walked out of.

Shakes the clown is so bad, it's not just good, it's awesome. The idea that there are clown castes and that they all hate mimes is just brilliant. Bobcat Goldthwait is actually a very, very funny guy once he stopped doing that weird voice thing.

Trivia: Who is Marty Fromage?

chico
12-30-2011, 11:49 AM
The Bad News Bears Go to Japan. A horrible sequel (actually trilogy) to a great original film.

Sorry Chico.

No need to apologize - it is a desecration to the original.

However, it is still more watchable than Beaches. If you want terrorists to talk, forget waterboarding. Put this on a continuous loop and they will be bawling, babbling fools in no time.

bobbiemcgee
12-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Freddy Got Fingered - Tom Green - just terrible.

wkrq59
12-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Well, being born and raised in Tennessee, I can assure you he was correct in his pronunciation of the title.

Paul, tried to rep you but you know the drill...you be repped bro..no slight meant to southern folk. My son-in-law and now grandson by osmosis are southern.:)

Ledgewood
12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Freddy Got Fingered - Tom Green - just terrible.

Senior year, I asked my roomie if he had a movie for me cuz I was bored and it was only like 1am. He replied, "have you ever seen Freddy Got Fingered? It's hilarious!"

I popped it in, and took it out after about 9 and a half minutes or something like that. Then I put it back in and skipped ahead a few chapters to see if anything resembling a movie began to take place. I saw him dancign in a deer carcase. This movie... it isn't like... a movie. It's as if someone handed a camera to an active monkey that knew a few words of the English language. I was so offended, not by the weird disgusting violence or the dirty words, but by the simple horribleness that was produced by Tom Green. There aren't actual jokes, gags, or anything interesting whatsoever. It doesn't even look like anything was written down before production began.

Assuming that things were in fact written down before filming, how can people that gave Tom Green money to make this thing read the script, screenplay, or even look at a story board and not be like, "What...what is this? This is what I'm paying for?! This isn't even a movie! It's a guy in a cheese-sandwich factory dancing around putting his tongue through slices of cheese saying 'cheesy peesy shmeezy!' I want my money back! This is the worst thing I've ever read. Hands down. Are you trying to lose my money and make me very angry and violent?!"

Tom Green should be arrestetd.

xnatic03
12-30-2011, 12:15 PM
"Rick" with Bill Pullman was God-awful. "In the Mouth of Madness" and "Thinner" were horrific as well.

Muskie91
12-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Transylvania 65000. Love Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner but this was a lowlight in both their careers. I was working at a cinema at this time and movies would run for several months. This one was done in a week which is more the norm these days.

XU-PA
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
I watched some of Earth vs. the Flying Saucers the other day. Government scientists have this issue with Aliens, yet they go home and have a barbeque or dinner at night and chat about their day at work like a problem with aliens trying to take over the planet is a daily event.

You watch the same old movie channel I do,,,, it was awesome! I could watch campy old sci-fi flicks all day long!

muckem muckem
12-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Moulin Rouge. I wanted to see Nicole Kidman naked for the entire movie and was quite disappointed.

Masterofreality
12-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't think people quite understand the magnitude of the Adam Sandler problem. His last ten years' or so worth of writing credits:

How much longer are people going to give this guy credit for being funny? His productions are an even longer line of smelly turds passed as comedic films. Forget Occupy Wallstreet or whatever anyone else is spending energy trying to fix. We need to realize that we are facing another decade of Rob Schneider films and tired Saturday Night Live cutting room floor trashcan material. We need to stand together and try to stop this man from letting Nick Swardson star in another film. We can do this, but only if we work together.

I agree with this.

Just goes to prove that people can get paid without doing any work that is even close to being good......

Uh.......ah.....Mick Cronin.

xubrew
12-30-2011, 04:36 PM
I've never seen Thinner. I read it and thought it was okay. Not great, but I wouldn't even classify it as being bad, much less worst ever.

Years ago, I drove down to Atlanta to visit some friends, and they were watching Freddie Got Fingered. It was right at the part of the Backwards Man scene, which was so stupid and so ridiculous, I did not even know how to react. Then an hour later, none of us could stop laughing about it. A few years later, I decided to give them the movie as a gift. That was the first time I saw it from the beginning. We didn't make it to the end. Some movies are so bad, they must be endured. Freddie Got Fingered is one of them.

chico
12-30-2011, 04:39 PM
I forgot to mention every Barbara Streisand movie ever made.

Fred Garvin 2.0
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Agree with Ledgewood regarding Sandler. That said, Nick Swardson is hilarious in Reno 911.

Saw The Incredible Shrinking Woman starring Lily Tomlin with my sister and her sorority sisters when I was a kid. Someone should have stopped Joel Schumacher right then and there.

Wilder/Radner trainwrecks include Haunted Honeymoon and Hanky Panky. Gene Wilder, talk about a fall from grace. They should make a documentarty on him.

The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Willy Wonka, Young Frankenstein, Silver Streak, Stir Crazy, The Sheep Scene in Everything You Wanted to Know about Sex...to oblivion.

Snipe
12-30-2011, 05:27 PM
I support Ledgewood in his quest. Something has to be done about Sandler. I would suggest a show trial and summary execution.

First Against the Wall when the Revolution Comes.

bobbiemcgee
12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Put Seth Rogen up there with him. Not funny, ugly and no talent.

Masterofreality
12-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Most recent bad/boring movie?

Contagion

Almost fell asleep. Nothing intriguing or suspenseful about creeping plague or the effort to wipe it out.

Wow, it started in unsanitary Asian food processing huts. Surprise, Surprise.

X-band '01
12-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Any Lake Placid sequel.

PM Thor
12-30-2011, 08:53 PM
I think there is a flaw in Brews original premise here.

Brew, you keep referencing a made-for-tv movie special. It never played in theaters, and was shown on tv only once. Therefore, it's not a movie. It falls under the realm of bad tv specials, not a movie. Otherwise we open up the voting to every made-for-tv movie, and it seems no one else is referencing that genre.

I HATE dayton.

jhelmes37
12-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Senior year, I asked my roomie if he had a movie for me cuz I was bored and it was only like 1am. He replied, "have you ever seen Freddy Got Fingered? It's hilarious!"

I popped it in, and took it out after about 9 and a half minutes or something like that. Then I put it back in and skipped ahead a few chapters to see if anything resembling a movie began to take place. I saw him dancign in a deer carcase. This movie... it isn't like... a movie. It's as if someone handed a camera to an active monkey that knew a few words of the English language. I was so offended, not by the weird disgusting violence or the dirty words, but by the simple horribleness that was produced by Tom Green. There aren't actual jokes, gags, or anything interesting whatsoever. It doesn't even look like anything was written down before production began.

Assuming that things were in fact written down before filming, how can people that gave Tom Green money to make this thing read the script, screenplay, or even look at a story board and not be like, "What...what is this? This is what I'm paying for?! This isn't even a movie! It's a guy in a cheese-sandwich factory dancing around putting his tongue through slices of cheese saying 'cheesy peesy shmeezy!' I want my money back! This is the worst thing I've ever read. Hands down. Are you trying to lose my money and make me very angry and violent?!"

Tom Green should be arrestetd.

I watched that flick while blazed out of my mind in college. After 10 minutes, I said, "Is this movie really this bad, or am I just the highest human being on earth?"

It was really that bad.

94GRAD
12-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Rushmore
Punch Drunk Love (can't beleive Ledgewood forgot this Sandler movie)

SixFig
12-31-2011, 12:33 AM
Spiderman 3. So bad my friend had an asthma attack afterwards (ok probably unrelated but still)

cbus
12-31-2011, 01:20 AM
Manos: The Hands of Fate

XU-PA
12-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Only occurred to me because it was on the other night, didn't watch it, just saw the misting flipping through the guide.

Blues Brothers 2000

painful, like trying to crap out a bowling ball,,,no worse than that. It was like having a best friend all your life, then in your senior year at high school watching him enroll at UC.

Nigel Tufnel
12-31-2011, 09:22 AM
One movie immediately came to mind for me when I read the topic to this thread...read every page looking for someone to mention this one...surprised it didn't make anyone's list.

Anyone remember "Nothing But Trouble?" Chevy Chase, Dan Akroyd, John Candy and Demi Moore. Totally unwatchable.

takeTayaway
12-31-2011, 09:23 AM
there are many duds. Some, you can tell from previews or just by the lack of effort
on production. But, someone mentioned this prior and they were spot-on:
"Wicker Man". H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.
It combined the following key ingredients to classify as an all-time stinker;
1) big production studio that actually was "trying" to make a hit
2) Top tier actors such as Nick Cage
3) STUPID plot that was completely illogical from word go.
4) Dumbest anti-climatic ending ever conceived
** Leaves you shaking your head an embarrassed you will never get those two hours
of your life back...

ChicagoX
12-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Jeepers Creepers. I think they actually made a sequel to this turd, too.

Smails
12-31-2011, 09:59 AM
1) Any Nick Cage movie that does not have Elizabeth Shue naked in it

2) Caddyshack 2

3) NELL

Strange Brew
12-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Rushmore

Rushmore did feature a tremendous Rod Stewart/Faces song. Long live Rod Stewart!
PDL is pretty unwatchable.

Cincypunk.org
12-31-2011, 12:24 PM
One movie immediately came to mind for me when I read the topic to this thread...read every page looking for someone to mention this one...surprised it didn't make anyone's list.

Anyone remember "Nothing But Trouble?" Chevy Chase, Dan Akroyd, John Candy and Demi Moore. Totally unwatchable.

This movie is hilarious and weird! I recently secured a copy on DVD and have watched it a few times.

Cincypunk.org
12-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Rushmore

Rushmore!?!? Completely excellent movie as well! I guess you gotta be into Wes Anderson though.

Nigel Tufnel
12-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Rushmore!?!? Completely excellent movie as well! I guess you gotta be into Wes Anderson though.

Yeah, I liked Rushmore we well. I like Jason Schwartzman. Big fan of The Royal Tenebaums too.

Maybe if I watched Nothing But Trouble again, I'd find some redeeming quality in it...doubt it though.

Edit: Good call, Smails. Caddyshack 2 was HORRIBLE.

Cincypunk.org
12-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I liked Rushmore we well. I like Jason Schwartzman. Big fan of The Royal Tenebaums too.

Maybe if I watched Nothing But Trouble again, I'd find some redeeming quality in it...doubt it though.

I may have fond memories of it just cause I saw it as a kid on TV. I do love me some John Candy and Tupac is in it for a short time... plus you got Dan Akroyd playing the 2 blob brothers. I mean it is terrible, but in an awesome, weird way.

Royal Tenenbaums is great! The Mr Fox movie was good too but I didn't really dig Life Aquatic or the train movie.

mohr5150
12-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Shakes the Clown is so bad that I had to watch it again. I have seen it a few times. It is so bad it makes me laugh. I need to watch it again sometime. It is flat out horrible.

"The Citizen Cane of Alcoholic Clown Movies".

I highly recommend it. You will regret it, but it will blow every other movie you have ever seen away.

I'm with you on Shakes the Clown. That movie was so unbelievably awful. I watched it my sophomore year at X. God, that was a bad day.

Xman95
12-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Titanic

So glad someone else thinks that movie was awful too. Just don't argue about it with a female that was between the ages of 8 and 14 when it came out...even though you would be correct, you still can't win.

Two other bad movies - both related to Christmas (click the pics for more info on these holiday gems!):

http://blog.konbini.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Santa-Claus-1959-cover.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053241/)
made in Mexico (1959) and includes Santa having to battle Pitch, one of the devil's minions.

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/PWAR_D31824D.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367623/)
Awful. Just awful.

Juice
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
there are many duds. Some, you can tell from previews or just by the lack of effort
on production. But, someone mentioned this prior and they were spot-on:
"Wicker Man". H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.
It combined the following key ingredients to classify as an all-time stinker;
1) big production studio that actually was "trying" to make a hit
2) Top tier actors such as Nick Cage
3) STUPID plot that was completely illogical from word go.
4) Dumbest anti-climatic ending ever conceived
** Leaves you shaking your head an embarrassed you will never get those two hours
of your life back...

This scene is absolutely hilarious though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyigAW-14w0
It almost makes it worth watching the movie.

Masterofreality
12-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh,

Major League 2

The original Major League with Wesley Snipes and Charlie Sheen was super. The second one was just stupid and profane.

Not the worst of all time but worth a mention.

(Posted from a dark and brooding Man Cave)

THRILLHOUSE
12-31-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1010/211137.1010.a.jpg

Xman95
01-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Major League 2

Don't forget about Major League: Back to the Minors...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c8/Major_league_iii_back_to_the_minors_movie_poster.j pg/220px-Major_league_iii_back_to_the_minors_movie_poster.j pg

Ledgewood
02-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Adam Sandler is signed on to write and star in the Movie adaptation of the board game Candyland.

Porkopolis
02-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Adam Sandler is signed on to write and star in the Movie adaptation of the board game Candyland.

Oh wow. That should eliminate all other contenders.

bleedXblue
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Waterworld with Costner.

Man that guy has fallen off the face if the earth

MCXU
02-03-2012, 10:13 AM
The Notebook

End of list. Debates over.

Muskie
02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
I've considered issuing a temporary ban to whoever suggests the Leonard Part 6 is the worst movie ever.

Kahns Krazy
02-03-2012, 10:42 AM
This certainly shouldn't be in the Worst Movie Ever category, but I finally saw Ides of March. I'm not sure there's ever been a more overhyped movie.

One that I would put in the Worst Movie Ever category was "Revolutionary Road". I'm sure it touched someone, but not me. That movie sucked. Also, Cloverfield.

I guess I'm harder on movies that attempt to take themselves seriously. I saw Hot Rod. It was horrendous, but I think it was supposed to be.

sgarcia
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Dude Where's My Car. Saw it in the movie theatre it was awful. Buddy and I gave it another chance by renting it at blockbuster several years ago. After 15 minutes we stopped the DVD returned it and asked for a refund.

XUdenver
02-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Here's a couple of gems for you: how about Ishtar and Yentil.

I recently watched Yentil (god knows why) and was so pissed that I wasted 2.5 hours of my life that afterwards, I seriously considered knocking off a 7 eleven to blow off some steam.

More Cowbell
02-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Showgirls or Battlefield Earth

Kahns Krazy
02-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Dude Where's My Car. Saw it in the movie theatre it was awful. Buddy and I gave it another chance by renting it at blockbuster several years ago. After 15 minutes we stopped the DVD returned it and asked for a refund.

Horrible movie, but for me it fits into the category of being intentionally horrible. It's called, "Dude, Where's My Car", you really can't expect Casablanca from that.

Showgirls or Battlefield Earth

Showgirls had Jessie Spano's snatch in it. How could that be the worst movie ever?

Michigan Muskie
02-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Barton Fink.

More Cowbell
02-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Horrible movie, but for me it fits into the category of being intentionally horrible. It's called, "Dude, Where's My Car", you really can't expect Casablanca from that.

Showgirls had Jessie Spano's snatch in it. How could that be the worst movie ever?

I won't deny how fantastic the pool scene was, but despite that the rest of the movie was painful.

paulxu
02-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I won't deny how fantastic the pool scene was, but despite that the rest of the movie was painful.

Think of it as a cover charge.

chico
02-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I recently watched Yentil (god knows why) and was so pissed that I wasted 2.5 hours of my life that afterwards, I seriously considered knocking off a 7 eleven to blow off some steam.

That would fall under the "every Barbara Streisand movie ever made" category. Prince of Tides? I mean, seeing that (or part of that - couldn't bear to watch it all) made me not want to watch 48 Hours or North Dallas Forty, two absolutely great movies. Nolte was never the same.

At least Jeff Bridges escaped.

Mel Cooley XU'81
02-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Truth About Cats and Dogs.

GreatWhiteNorth
02-07-2012, 11:36 AM
"MONSTER" by Sarah Lynch and Erin Sullivan. Absolutely terrible!:(

LadyMuskie
02-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Spy Game with Robert Redford and Brad Pitt.

It's the only movie the hubby and I left in the middle of at the theater. Terrible movie. I have to imagine that CIA training videos are more entertaining.

ballyhoohoo
04-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I've considered issuing a temporary ban to whoever suggests the Leonard Part 6 is the worst movie ever.

I second this

danaandvictory
04-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Everyone's definition is different, but all I know is that "Crash" was hot garbage and won an Oscar which remains infuriating to this day.

Kahns Krazy
04-09-2013, 01:54 PM
This certainly shouldn't be in the Worst Movie Ever category, but I finally saw Ides of March. I'm not sure there's ever been a more overhyped movie.

One that I would put in the Worst Movie Ever category was "Revolutionary Road". I'm sure it touched someone, but not me. That movie sucked. Also, Cloverfield.

I guess I'm harder on movies that attempt to take themselves seriously. I saw Hot Rod. It was horrendous, but I think it was supposed to be.

What the hell was I thinking? Hot Rod was stupid from start to finish.

ballyhoohoo
04-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Did anyone mention the Ben Affleck festering turd of cinematic garbage know as Gigli

dfcapp
04-09-2013, 02:00 PM
OK -- I have seen a ton of awful movies.

Here's my WORST 5
1) Leonard Part 6 (almost unwatchable)
2) Delirious (John Candy) -- made me want to gouge my eyes out
3) Battlefield Earth (Travolta) -- unimaginably bad and worthless
4) The Pink Panther (Steve Martin) -- Saw it on a plane....wished I could jump out and swim to Germany
5) Batman and Robin -- putting nipples on the batsuit wasn't the only issue with this one.....

muskiefan82
04-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Worst movie made in Cincinnati...

Fresh Horses. Good Lord that was bad.

MarvAlbert
04-09-2013, 02:17 PM
What the hell was I thinking? Hot Rod was stupid from start to finish.

I love Hot Rod. Although, that might be because it came out when I was in college and I might've been under the influence of an illegal substance or two when I'd watch it (I know, I know...shame on me). I can't think of all the bad movies I've seen, but the two that are standing out to me are Miami Vice and The Skeleton Key. I couldn't stand either movie.

Masterofreality
04-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Either Heavens Gate or Waterworld.

MADXSTER
04-09-2013, 08:26 PM
I love Hot Rod. Very sophomoric. Produced by Lorne Michaels.

Strange Brew
04-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Worst movie made in Cincinnati...

Fresh Horses. Good Lord that was bad.

I see your Fresh Horses and raise you one Airborne. However, I secretly love it as a hockey fan.

wkrq59
04-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Either Heavens Gate or Waterworld.

MOR, I'll see your Heavens Gate and Waterworld and add on an equal basis "The Fly, the Spider and the Bat." (pronounced Bait instead of Bat.)
so awful only three cars when we pulled in during an "full car for $5 night and free popcorn" Hell, we had a cooler full of beer and softdrinks and gave one to the cop who was trying to keep the couples in the other two cars from doing the horizontal mombo.

Masterofreality
04-10-2013, 06:25 AM
More recently, Contagion was awful.

Maybe not the worst ever, but boring and tedious.

danaandvictory
04-10-2013, 06:59 AM
I love Heaven's Gate. Like, in the way you love your child even though they sometimes fart in church. It's a bloated mess and all of Cimino's excesses are on display, but it's got a great set of lead performances, Sam Waterson is creepy as hell, the movie is absolutely gorgeously shot, and the opening Harvard graduation scene is marvelous.

Waterworld, by contrast, is irredeemable garbage.

GuyFawkes38
04-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Lots of Adam Sandler on this thread, but what about Robin Williams. Even his "good" films are bad. Dead Poets Society is an awful film.

Waterworld is so bad that it's fun. I'm entertained by it.

94grad mentions 2 movies that I genuinely love (Punch Drunk Love and Rushmore).

Cheesehead
04-10-2013, 11:50 AM
My daughter dragged me to "Roadtrip" a few years ago w/ Martin Lawrence & Raven Simone.

Just awful. I wil never get that time back.

blobfan
04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm guessing no one here has seen Twilight: New Moon. Count yourselves lucky.

rationalbearcatfan
04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
My daughter dragged me to "Roadtrip" a few years ago w/ Martin Lawrence & Raven Simone.

We heard you the first time...on page one....of this thread....2 years ago.

That being said, it must have been awful for you to post it twice.

ballyhoohoo
04-10-2013, 02:31 PM

Martin Lawrence is still alive?

rationalbearcatfan
04-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Worst semi-recent movie is Captain America. My son forced me to watch it, and it almost killed me. I think it was on hbo/showtime or maybe netflix, so at least I didn't have to pay for it.

Worst of all time: Spawn. Went with my roomates back in the college days to the norwood theater. I left in the middle to get a snack and use the restroom (to kill time). It was a late show and the snackbar was closed, so I just hopped up on the counter and sat there for the rest of the movie. It was that bad.

Honerable mention: Twister. This one falls into the so bad it's almost entertaining..."FINGER OF GOD!". Some of the cheesiest quotes ever. It had some fairly decent actors in it, so it makes it that much worse. The way they all almost spit out their coffee when someone asks about an "F5" might be the worst moment in movie history. The only redeeming quality about this movie is that I saw it at the theater with a large group of friends in college, and we still make fun of it (and quote it) often. So 15+ years of unintentional comedy gold made it all worthwhile.

DC Muskie
04-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Worst of all time: Spawn. Went with my roomates back in the college days to the norwood theater. I left in the middle to get a snack and use the restroom (to kill time). It was a late show and the snackbar was closed, so I just hopped up on the counter and sat there for the rest of the movie. It was that bad.

SPAWN! Oh man, I went to a small town theater to see that film. For some reason it only cost .50. I'll never forget after watching it, I was wondering if I could get my money back.

I always feel like Vern Lundquist looks a lot like John Leguizamo's character in that movie.

blobfan
04-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Worst semi-recent movie is Captain America. My son forced me to watch it, and it almost killed me. I think it was on hbo/showtime or maybe netflix, so at least I didn't have to pay for it.

Honerable mention: Twister. This one falls into the so bad it's almost entertaining..."FINGER OF GOD!". Some of the cheesiest quotes ever. It had some fairly decent actors in it, so it makes it that much worse. The way they all almost spit out their coffee when someone asks about an "F5" might be the worst moment in movie history. The only redeeming quality about this movie is that I saw it at the theater with a large group of friends in college, and we still make fun of it (and quote it) often. So 15+ years of unintentional comedy gold made it all worthwhile.

Twister has some of the best bad lines ever! And a flying cow. That alone precludes it from any 'worst of' list in my mind.

MADXSTER
04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
"The Last Airbender" movie was horrible. I watched the cartoon series with my kids over the years and it had a pretty good story line.

Cheesehead
04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
We heard you the first time...on page one....of this thread....2 years ago.

That being said, it must have been awful for you to post it twice.

Holy crap. I am losing it. My bad! I didn't even realize this was the same thread. Where's my Vitamins?

Cheesehead
04-11-2013, 01:10 PM
it's not a movie, but ANY episode of Walker, Texas Ranger. So bad that's it must see.

UCGRAD4X
04-11-2013, 07:09 PM
"They Live" starring Rody Piper (should have been a clue right there) who uncovers alien insurrection got three stars on the Directv website. EASILY the worst movie I have ever seen. One of those movies that is supposed to be serious, but is laughable.

I would concur on the Star Wars Christmas deal, even though I have not seen it. Just the IDEA of such a movie gives it that status, unseen.

Milhouse
04-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I see some of my favorite movies/directors on here. Guess there's not a lot of big film fans on XHoops...

xudash
04-12-2013, 10:27 AM
I just watched Casino Royale - the original one with David Nivens and Peter Sellers from about 1965.

British film.

Mid 60's.

So, think Austin Powers, but taking themselves seriously in a comedy that requires a minimum of three joints and not too much acid to comprehend.

This film has an amazing cast.

It is a psychedelic train wreck that forces you to keep watching it.

Milhouse
04-12-2013, 10:34 AM
"They Live" starring Rody Piper (should have been a clue right there) who uncovers alien insurrection got three stars on the Directv website. EASILY the worst movie I have ever seen. One of those movies that is supposed to be serious, but is laughable.

I would concur on the Star Wars Christmas deal, even though I have not seen it. Just the IDEA of such a movie gives it that status, unseen.

They Live isn't supposed to be serious at all. It's a parody/satire on modern consumerism...And Roddy is cast on purpose...notice the 25 minute overextended fight scene? It's so great and even better because its rowdy roddy piper in it.

OBEY.

RealDeal
04-12-2013, 10:38 AM
They Live isn't supposed to be serious at all. It's a parody/satire on modern consumerism...And Roddy is cast on purpose...notice the 25 minute overextended fight scene? It's so great and even better because its rowdy roddy piper in it.

OBEY.

Yes, wasn't that fight scene so over the top they recreated it in an episode of South Park?

muskienick
04-12-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm too lazy to look back over the previous 11 pages to check if it is mentioned anywhere, but one movie that at least belongs on the list of "Bottom 10 of all times" would have to be "Cujo," adapted very poorly from the Stephen King novel (which was pretty bad itself)!

Milhouse
04-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Yes, wasn't that fight scene so over the top they recreated it in an episode of South Park?

Not sure about south park but it was pretty famously referenced years back in Family Guy when Peter fights the Chicken for like 3 minutes.

RealDeal
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Not sure about south park but it was pretty famously referenced years back in Family Guy when Peter fights the Chicken for like 3 minutes.

Found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REbOa9lno6s

Masterofreality
04-12-2013, 12:32 PM

Wow. You know what? That is the all time winning streak of suck!

The Farrelly Brothers may be starting to lose their luster, though. The Three Stooges was abjectly Horriffic. That came after the less than mediocre Hall Pass and The Heartbreak kid. They keep going like that, and they'll soon match Sandler.

LadyMuskie
04-12-2013, 01:07 PM

Completely agree about Captain America. I was also completely underwhelmed by The Avengers and the most recent Spiderman. If people want to see how to make a really good superhero film, look to Christopher Nolan.

I also agree with Blobfan about the Twilight movies. Those are a complete waste of time, money, energy and film. The Twilight movies make me ashamed of my fellow women.

Milhouse
04-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Completely agree about Captain America. I was also completely underwhelmed by The Avengers and the most recent Spiderman. If people want to see how to make a really good superhero film, look to Christopher Nolan.

I'm a huge comic book fan and absolutely loved Captain America and especially The Avengers. That said I think the movies have a much wider appeal than that (noted by both their box office and critical reception). Of course I think Nolans movies are some of the best of all time but they aren't so much in the genre and they are so grounded in reality (intentionally done by Nolan). That said if you have no interest in super heroes then I can see why The Avengers/Capt. America's wouldn't appeal to you as it has much more supernatural elements that come into play in those particular story lines.

Smails
04-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Dune

Blade

Masterofreality
04-12-2013, 04:28 PM
You guys just don't like the Avengers and Captain America because they were shot in beautiful Cleveland!

X-band '01
04-12-2013, 05:01 PM
And Inspector Gadget was shot in Pittsburgh. What's your point?

LadyMuskie
04-12-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm a huge comic book fan and absolutely loved Captain America and especially The Avengers. That said I think the movies have a much wider appeal than that (noted by both their box office and critical reception). Of course I think Nolans movies are some of the best of all time but they aren't so much in the genre and they are so grounded in reality (intentionally done by Nolan). That said if you have no interest in super heroes then I can see why The Avengers/Capt. America's wouldn't appeal to you as it has much more supernatural elements that come into play in those particular story lines.

Actually, while I don't read comic books, I really enjoy the superhero/sci-fi genre, and I have no problem accepting supernatural elements in movies. I just thought the movies were incredibly boring, too long, and tried too hard to be witty and amusing. They weren't Green Lantern bad, but they weren't anywhere near as good as the Batman trilogy, Iron Man or even some of the X-Men movies.

You guys just don't like the Avengers and Captain America because they were shot in beautiful Cleveland!

I didn't know that, but that does give me one more reason ;)

cbus
04-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Manos: The Hands of Fate

xubrew
04-15-2013, 09:57 AM
I think there is a flaw in Brews original premise here.

Brew, you keep referencing a made-for-tv movie special. It never played in theaters, and was shown on tv only once. Therefore, it's not a movie. It falls under the realm of bad tv specials, not a movie. Otherwise we open up the voting to every made-for-tv movie, and it seems no one else is referencing that genre.

I HATE dayton.

You can open it up to whatever you want. The Star Wars Christmas Special is still the worst.

Cheesehead
04-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Ok, had free preview this weekend of Starz/Encore.

Add John Carter to the list.

DC Muskie
04-15-2013, 12:46 PM
I just saw Olympus Has Fallen.

It debuted pretty high on my list. Terrible, terrible movie. I thought it was comedy for most of it.

ballyhoohoo
07-13-2013, 08:16 PM
"Hooking Up" Netflix recommended it. What a festering turd. The plot is week, there is no character development, all the characters are one dimensional archetypes that give you no reason to care a out.

The "cinematography" looks like it was shot with a blackberry bold and edited on a Commodore 64.

Terrible. Although it has such heavy hitters as Bronson Pinchot, Brian O'Hallaran, and Corey Feldman.

The director and screenwriter would be forced to move to Dayton.

XUFan09
07-13-2013, 08:36 PM
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. This was a movie where the basic plot design isn't terrible, but the execution of that design was horrendous. I guess that puts it in the category of movies that seem like they'll be good on the surface, so the reality is all the worse of a fall.

Muskie
07-13-2013, 08:57 PM
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. This was a movie where the basic plot design isn't terrible, but the execution of that design was horrendous. I guess that puts it in the category of movies that seem like they'll be good on the surface, so the reality is all the worse of a fall.

I didn't think it was awful but it failed to live up to the comic. I also feel the same way about Van Helsing.

XUFan09
07-13-2013, 09:23 PM
I didn't think it was awful but it failed to live up to the comic. I also feel the same way about Van Helsing.

I never read the comic, so I'm unable to compare the two. I just felt it was a splurge of a billion things happening with a bunch of cliches to tie it all together.

Milhouse
07-15-2013, 07:39 AM

Yeah most of Alan Moores stuff hasn't translated well to film. A lot of people liked V for Vendetta, but if you've read the comic I felt like it really didn't do it justice.

I really liked watchman for the first 2/3rds and then I wasn't a fan of the ending. But it is the closest it will come to a "good" adaptation.

casualfan
07-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Two suggestions for those of you who have Netflix:

1. Rodentz (yes, that is rodents with a z)

2. Osambi (osama + zombie = osambi)

Both fall into the category of so bad they're entertaining.

powerofX
07-15-2013, 08:55 AM
This thread is way too long to read through and see if mentioned...but my favorite all time horrible movie is Jack Frost...and while I'm sure that the family movie starring michael keaton is horrible, I'm referencing the "horror" movie of the same title. Brutally awesome!

From Wikpodia: Jack Frost is an American horror comedy film written and directed by Michael Cooney and released in 1996. The movie takes place in the fictional town of Snowmonton, where (on the week before Christmas) a truck carrying serial killer Jack Frost (Scott MacDonald) to his execution crashes into a genetics truck. The genetic material causes Jack's body to mutate and fuse together with the snow on the ground. Jack is presumed dead and his body melts away. However, he comes back as a killer snowman and takes revenge on the man who finally caught him, Sheriff Sam Tiler (Christopher Allport). The film has since become a cult classic.

Juice
07-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Two suggestions for those of you who have Netflix:

1. Rodentz (yes, that is rodents with a z)

2. Osambi (osama + zombie = osambi)

Both fall into the category of so bad they're entertaining.

Sounds like Sharknado, which is a movie that I am really pissed that I missed on the Syfy channel. It sounded and looked awesome from the few clips I saw.

casualfan
07-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Sounds like Sharknado, which is a movie that I am really pissed that I missed on the Syfy channel. It sounded and looked awesome from the few clips I saw.

Sharknado is currently parked on my DVR. Saving that one for a rainy day.

nuts4xu
07-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Springbreakers was completely terribble. I rented it this weekend on pay per view, and even with the naked boobs, the movie wasn't worth the $4.99 I paid for it. It was one of the worset movies I have ever seen, and I will never get that 80 minutes of my life back.

Milhouse
07-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Springbreakers was completely terribble. I rented it this weekend on pay per view, and even with the naked boobs, the movie wasn't worth the $4.99 I paid for it. It was one of the worset movies I have ever seen, and I will never get that 80 minutes of my life back.

Really? I absolutely loved it. The entire movie is so tongue in cheek. James Franco was INCREDIBLE. If oscars weren't so slated he would easily deserve a Best Supporting Actor but I doubt he'll get it.

It also contained what I believe is the best montage in a movie of 2013 so far.

It's definitely not for everyone and the first 40 minutes were almost unbearable but the last 40/50 was just incredible (if you're really into movies I suppose, if not might be uncomfortable).

Definitely on my top 10 of the year so far.

More Cowbell
07-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Sharknado will re-air Thursday at 7pm ET.

nuts4xu
07-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Really? I absolutely loved it. The entire movie is so tongue in cheek. James Franco was INCREDIBLE. If oscars weren't so slated he would easily deserve a Best Supporting Actor but I doubt he'll get it.

That is what is great about movies...one person can love it, and another hate it. It's all about your taste and what you like.

I thought it was slow, and didn't think James Franco added anything to the movie. I was not a fan of his performance in Pineapple Express, and this movie did nothing to change my opinion on the guy. I might have been too bitter after the first 40 minutes to enjoy the rest, as you admit, the first half was unbearable. They had some great boob shots, but other than that, it did nothing for me.

Milhouse
07-15-2013, 03:05 PM
That is what is great about movies...one person can love it, and another hate it. It's all about your taste and what you like.

I thought it was slow, and didn't think James Franco added anything to the movie. I was not a fan of his performance in Pineapple Express, and this movie did nothing to change my opinion on the guy. I might have been too bitter after the first 40 minutes to enjoy the rest, as you admit, the first half was unbearable. They had some great boob shots, but other than that, it did nothing for me.

I gotta agree with the first 40 mins I almost turned it off and thought there was no possible way of redemption.

Franco is hit or miss. But he's pretty great in This is the End I thought. It's good to know he has a sense of humor about how much of a pompous ass he is.

Kahns Krazy
07-15-2013, 03:59 PM

What I read:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah . They had some great boob shots,blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .

X-band '01
12-16-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm finally going to cut through the YouTube archives and sit down and watch the famous Star Wars Holiday Special.

EDIT: - I need to rethink this premise after watching the first segment. Nothing but cheesy 70s soundtrack, video quality and Wookiee dialogue. And I'm still laughing at just how absurd this special must have been.

xubball1993
12-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Carrie Fisher is completely wasted in the holiday special. That makes it worth watching.

X-band '01
12-17-2014, 06:17 PM
You'd have to be stoned to get through that special, I guess.

Masterofreality
12-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Apparently the Worst Movie ever is now "The Interview"....at least for North Korea.

Sony pulled it today from release. Chicken sheets.

LadyMuskie
12-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Apparently the Worst Movie ever is now "The Interview"....at least for North Korea.

Sony pulled it today from release. Chicken sheets.

Terrible precedent. Just horrible. This will be the thing now.

GoMuskies
12-17-2014, 08:25 PM
How did The Naked Gun not get pulled? Lt. Drebbin actually wiped the stain off Gorbachev's head. The Soviets were surely out for blood.

LadyMuskie
12-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Because in the short time since The Naked Gun and its sequels were released, this country has become filled with a bunch of overly-PC, Neville Chamberlin-loving, constantly whining, wimps afraid of our own shadow. I've used more GW Bush quotes in the last few hours than I care to admit. It's killing my soul. Killing it! Bring it on, North Korea. Bring. It. On. (SEE!?!? See what's happening to me?!?!)

D-West & PO-Z
12-17-2014, 09:12 PM

Sony didnt have much of a choice given that the 5 or 6 largest movie chains in the country weren't going to show it at their theaters due to the threats. I dont blame the theaters either, its just not worth the risk or the headache for them, and I am especially sure they had the Aurora shooting at the forefront of their thoughts on the matter.

Once those theaters decided that Sony didnt really have anyone to release the movie to anyway. I'm not really sure there is a precedent being set either given the uniqueness of the circumstance. I also would bet the movie will eventually be released once the threats are investigated further.

LadyMuskie
12-17-2014, 09:27 PM
I think, going forward, anyone who doesn't like something, is offended by something, has hurt feelings over something, etc. etc. can threaten to go 9/11 on a mall, a theater, a school, etc. and we should all cower in fear. Not because the threats are credible, but because we're slowly chiseling away at what has made America great in the past.

And the President has now weighed in, basically saying there was never any credible or serious threat and everyone should have gone and should still go to see the movies.

Welcome to the State of Fear, brought to you by Sony, AMC, Regal Entertainment, and Cineplex.

waggy
12-17-2014, 11:05 PM
I really wonder where these "threats" come from.

This latest is supposedly from So Korea. I see them sitting around generally clueless wondering, 'We threatened Sony?'

But there's also probably a guy over there taking full credit for it too. The "computer guy".

D-West & PO-Z
12-17-2014, 11:11 PM
I really wonder where these "threats" come from.

This latest is supposedly from So Korea. I see them sitting around generally clueless wondering, 'We threatened Sony?'

But there's also probably a guy over there taking full credit for it too. The "computer guy".

I hadnt seen anything about South Korea, I only saw North.

waggy
12-17-2014, 11:12 PM
I hadnt seen anything about South Korea, I only saw North.

North, south, what's the dif....?

Is that racist?

xu82
12-17-2014, 11:20 PM
North, south, what's the dif....?

Is that racist?

I hope it's at least questionable, that could lead to another couple hundred pages!

But seriously, did you never watch MASH? Or maybe the nightly news? A little CNN?

(Just kidding, it happens.)

Kahns Krazy
12-18-2014, 12:30 PM

My guess is that Sony is trying to keep something from getting out.

PMI
12-18-2014, 12:38 PM
I guess North Korea wasn't offended by Team America? Globalization has sped up quite rapidly since then, but still...

Milhouse
12-18-2014, 01:20 PM
I guess North Korea wasn't offended by Team America? Globalization has sped up quite rapidly since then, but still...

Kim Jong IL was a HUGE film fan. I think I even read he was flattered to be in american cinemas in 04 when Team America was released.