PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather see?

XU05and07
02-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Undefeated Memphis is in the media and we all know about them

Winless NJ Institute of Technology had their coach resign as they are 0-28 with one game to play against Utah Valley State (2/23).

Some other stats:
- Independent league affiliation
- Closest margin of defeat = 9 pts (twice)
- Nicknamed "Highlanders"
- 2nd year in Division I (5-24 last season)

xuirish
02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I would of rather seen the coach not resign 1 game before their season was over.

XU '11
02-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Winless team. If Memphis goes 39-0, that means X has not won the national championship, so I'd rather not see that.

XU05and07
02-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Winless team. If Memphis goes 39-0, that means X has not won the national championship, so I'd rather not see that.

thats why i said remove the xu aspirations from the equation...look at it as a perfect season vs. the worst season

Fred Garvin
02-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Perfection is the enemy of the good; that's why I prefer 36-4.

Stonebreaker
02-21-2008, 05:46 AM
I'd like to see how many student-athletes at Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida make it one year w/o being suspended.

xuwin
02-21-2008, 08:46 AM
I would rather see a winless team this year because I want Tennessee to beat Memphis.

Muskie
02-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Neither... I can't stand Calipari. He's nowhere near the coach that Knight was during that undefeated season.

Also I'd hate for a team to lose ALL of their games. That's depressing.

coasterville95
02-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Takking XU implications out of it, I'm going for the Perfect Season, since its somewhat rare, and it is the ultimate achivement for a team.

Other than a sadist, I can't picture anybody who wants to see a team go winless. I mean these aren't pro athletes here, they are students with feelings. Of course purely leaving implications on XU out of this, I'd picture there are a few here that would love to see UD suffer a winless season.

In fact I sort of feel bad for the players and fans at NJIT right now, I mean to have your coach bail on them so late in the season like. "You guys are so pathetic, there's nothing I can do here you worthless people" I mean it says they are an independant so they had no conference tourney to look forward to, and certainly no post season toruney in the balance. Woudl it have really hurt the coach to at least go through the motions one last time on Saturday. The captain going down with his ship, in other words. The only reason I can think of that he resigned exactly one game before officially suffering a winless season is pure selfishness. Its a PR move for the coach, that was he can technically say he didn't coach an entire winless season, sure thats a minor technicality, but its there.

Why do I think they bit off more than they could chew moving to D1? Gonna take a few years to build up a D1 quality team. Kind of reminds me of that D3 team out in California last season that finally snapped a string of winless seasons and how good they felt about actually winning a game.

Kahns Krazy
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Savannah State posted a winless season in '05. I don't remember enjoying it that much. I'm going to have to vote perfect season.

XU0001
02-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Have to agree with XU'11. Would be cool to see Memphis be undefeated but would LOVE to see X beat them in the tourney (in any round)