PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Tickets!!! BEWARE STUB HUB!!!!

Snipe
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I check the Memphis website every week or so to see if they have released the Xavier tickets.

Before it didn't say anything. Now it says "Tickets not available for Xavier at this time." It said nothing of the Tennessee game. I expected that game would never hit the box office, but low and behold when I checked today they are selling Tennessee tickets (January 4th). I saw if I could get 4 together and I could, they were $25 a piece.

Curious the way they put this, but it leads me to believe that at some time Xavier tickets will become available. When I see Tennessee didn't sell out though back channels I have to assume our game won't come close before they hit the box office. I bet that they are holding back thousands of tickets. I could be wrong.

The cheapest seats for Xavier-Memphis on Stub Hub are $71 dollars per before you pay the stub hub fees and the overnight mailing. Many really bad seats are over $100 per seat, like one I found for $111 a piece for upper deck on Ebay. Others are even more expensive. They have some off the hook prices for upper-deck seats.

I am starting to think that the University of Memphis is selling seats at inflated prices on Stub Hub and Ebay. I really think that this might be the case. They could do it through third parties and I don't even think it would be illegal.

I can't imagine people in Memphis paying that kind of money for nosebleed seats when they can catch other games for as little as $12 and $7 per ticket. They can buy Tennessee tickets for $25 a piece right now. Those prices aren't for the locals, those prices are to get as much as they can from Xavier fans.

If they eventually released the Tennessee tickets, they will eventually release Xavier tickets. I would advise people not to pay $75 or $100 a seat for upper deck seats when you might be able to buy them from the box office in a couple weeks for $25 or less. I think this is a scam, and I would like to know anyone's alternative theory on this. I am not familiar with the Memphis basketball program.

I still want to go to this game. I could be wrong. If I am and you believe me I apologize in advance for both of us getting burned. If I am crazy, someone talk some sense into me. Avoid those high prices Xavier fans, I believe that reasonably priced Memphis tickets are on the way.

Famous last words...

Porkopolis
12-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I suspect the Tennessee tickets became available because UT did not sell their allotment. In the past Memphis has given UT a very large number of tickets.