PDA

View Full Version : Luckeyes owe O'Brien $3 Mil

Masterofreality
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
It's over. No more appeals. Ohio State's appeal of the decision in favor of Jim O'Brien was thrown out of court today. The Luckeye's now owe the former coach $2.7 - $3.0 million depending on calculated interest.

They'd better hope Beaknose produces. That little move has cost them a ton of caish.

Chickens do come home to roost.

Drew's Crew
02-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Haha this is awesome. Damn I hate them.

AviatorX
02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Which player on the basketball team isn't going to get paid now? I bet they will be pretty pissed...

vee4xu
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Which all goes back to my theory that tOSU wanted to get rid of O'Brien because they were not happy with his performance, but they didn't want to pay the buyout price. In the end, it would have been much cheaper to do so. For years, those of you who know me, know that I was pissed about Thad leaving. I have long gotten over that, but now realize that the whole domino effect of O'Brien getting canned, Thad going to tOSU and Sean being elevated to X's head coach is the best thing that could have happened. We now have a better coach (IMHO) than Thad and probably would have lost Sean had Thad stayed. In the end, Thad would have ultimately left too and X would have neither one. So, it all worked out for the best, i.e. tOSU got it in the shorts, Thad got his big dough and high-profile job and we got Sean.