PDA

View Full Version : Sampson...SEE YA!!!

GoMuskies
02-20-2008, 12:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3253975

At least he went out on a high note. Let the irresponsible speculation begin!

lavenders legion
02-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Isn't this the same thing we've been hearing since all of this came to light? I don't see a difference between what was said in that article and what was said from the beginning

ATL Muskie
Or Option #4:

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/768458.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB31853DD628AB0780 284831B75F48EF45

xu drew
from your post I thought that something official had been announced. right now his dismissal seems probable, but not quite a done deal

ATL Muskie
02-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Something will happen, they're just being very careful b/c of the Jim O'Brien situation at OSU. Sooner or later Sampson is gone.

wkrq59
02-20-2008, 12:23 PM
This is nothing more than a repeat of ESPN on air last night after the game.
IU is scared to death of a lawsuit similar to the one Ohio State lost to Jim O'Brien.
I suspect this will take more time although the deadline day is Friday for the AD to make a decision or the president or somebody in authority there.
regardless, the speculation will continue unabated.

DC Muskie
02-20-2008, 12:35 PM
OOOOHHHH MMMMMMYYYY GGGGOOOOWWWWAAAADDD!

Do you guys think that Sean will be a candidate for this job?

I'm sick with worry!

dc_x
02-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I suspect this will take more time although the deadline day is Friday for the AD to make a decision or the president or somebody in authority there.

I don't understand the self-imposed "deadline". Would they really rush to make a decision on this just to adhere to an arbitrary deadline?

Everyone knows that Sampson is going to get fired. IU should take their time and follow due process so that Sampson can't sue them.

Snipe
02-20-2008, 01:02 PM
I read on the internet that Robert Montgomery Knight is a candidate.

Stonebreaker
02-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Did the article tell us anything we didn't know already, or couldn't speculate ourselves? LOL

Kahns Krazy
02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I hate lawyers.

Sampson hasn't denied any of the accusations, only denied that he lied about them. The rule was he wasn't supposed to be on 3-way calls. He was on them. I don't give a rat's ass if he knew it at the time or not. If he didn't know, it's because he chose not to ask. I'm going to try this on my next speeding ticket. I didn't know how fast I was going because I never looked at my spedometer. Plus, I didn't read the speed limit sign, so I didn't know the limit anyway.

He is a cheater, and he knows it.

Emp
02-20-2008, 01:55 PM
The seven days was not to get a report back to the Prez on how badly Sampson lied to them.

It was to find expert legal counsel and figure out, asATL suggests, avoid the debacle of the O'Brien case. Unless Indiana was foolish in its contract negotiations with Sampson, the due process problems OSU had with O'Brien should be considerably fewer with dumping Sampson and not owing him a dime. Someone is just dotting the is.

What I can't figure out is why Sampson was so foolish or so careless. 18 year olds are going to talk, their parents and friends are going to talk about a coach like Sampson calling them. It seems like such a huge risk compared to the possible gain. He must see himself as quite a phone seducer of young recruits, with a tremendous advantage over other coaches.

vee4xu
02-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Let's hope this doesn't work out for Indiana the same way things worked our for Michigan when Freider left and Fisher took over.

Also, now that O'Brien has been vindicated he may want to throw his hat in the IU ring if for no other reason than to get back at tOSU. However, even with his vindication, IU will not probably want to take that chance after dealing with the Sampson mess.

Finally, can Sampson be a bigger idiot!!??

X-band '01
02-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Apples to oranges, Vee.

All Freider did was say "Yes" to Arizona State midseason; while not an NCAA violation, it was bad timing on his part. That's why we get all of this "Michigan Man" talk from their fans and the media.

vee4xu
02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Apples to oranges, Vee.

All Freider did was say "Yes" to Arizona State midseason; while not an NCAA violation, it was bad timing on his part. That's why we get all of this "Michigan Man" talk from their fans and the media.

You missed my point x-band. I wasn't talking about how Freider left, but that he did and that Michigan won the NCAA championship that same year. My point was if Sampson gets booted will his replacement be as fortunate to ride the wave to a NCAA championship.