PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Brew Haha

Muskie
12-09-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.cincybrewhaha.com/

Is at Cintas this winter. Anyone been before? I'm thinking of going.

Kahns Krazy
12-09-2011, 10:14 AM
The summer Brewhaha event is my single favorite Cincinnati event. It's a much different layout (Saywer point, multiple stages,) so I'm not really sure how this will compare, but the beer selection has always been outstanding at the summer Brewhaha. The only event I've been to with a better selection is the Dutch's sponsored event at Ault Park. Brewhaha has pulled in some pretty funny comedians, so it gets the slight nod from me vs. Dutch's big band entertainment.

Arrange transportation. 25, 5-oz. samples is a lot of alcohol.

I'll be there if I don't wind up in Memphis.

Muskie
12-09-2011, 10:18 AM
I just noticed it is Superbowl weekend and Memphis weekend... I may have to pass.

coasterville95
12-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah, bad weekend for the event.

But, I am considering going. When you say 25 samples - does that mean you get a booklet of tickets and get to try 25 of the 80 beers they wil have for tasting. After 125oz. of alcohol - thats like 4 MASS! (For the Germans in the group that will get that) - Arrange transportation indeed. After that, they don't even have to bring out a good comedian, and you'd be laughing yourself silly. If you can even find your seat.

Apparently its $54 for the floor, $38 for the lower bowl. Where are the beer tastings going to be. If they put them out on the concourse, the lower bowl seats may be better than floor for the beer hounds amongst us. That long climb to the floor and back could get old.

ETA: Ok, I just read the flyer - that $50 for the floor does get you one extra hour at the beer tasting. (You can enter the 'Tas at 6pm), and there will be 6 beer selections only for the VIP group.

(Did they mention the DUI checkpoint on Montgomery Road between the arena and the Interstate? :) Just kidding)

boozehound
12-10-2011, 07:08 AM
I will echo what Kahns said about the summer Brew Ha Ha. Great time, with some very good comedians and a great selection of beer.

I'm not sure how comparable this event will be though. Admission to the summer version of this event was either very cheap, or free (I can't remember) while this one is $38 for the 'cheap seats'. This sounds more like a comedy show with the added benefit of an excellent selection of beer.

Having said that, Josh Sneed is hilarious and worth seeing.

coasterville95
12-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Well, that $38 does get you 25 beer tickets. Yeah, 25, 5 0unce tastes. More than enough for most.

The $5 summer one, don't you pay like $1 each for the samples.

No doubt it is slightly more expensive, but Cintas can only accommodate 10,250 as opposed to all that can fit into Sawyer Point. Have to trim the crowd down somehow. Wait, they aren't using the entire arena, so it's actually much less than 10,250.

boozehound
12-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Well, that $38 does get you 25 beer tickets. Yeah, 25, 5 0unce tastes. More than enough for most.

The $5 summer one, don't you pay like $1 each for the samples.

No doubt it is slightly more expensive, but Cintas can only accommodate 10,250 as opposed to all that can fit into Sawyer Point. Have to trim the crowd down somehow. Wait, they aren't using the entire arena, so it's actually much less than 10,250.

I missed the part about the 25 free beer samples. I thought that you were paying for the beer on top of the $38.