PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious?

PM Thor
02-19-2008, 01:44 PM
I was just wondering this, because I used to be really superstitious.

Like today, my Xavier nation flag fell off my house. The bracket totally ripped out of the wall on my house. Luckily though, the flag landed on a bush, so it never touched the ground. Back in the day, this event would have freaked me out, as a bad omen. Now though? Not so much.

Mark 3 Pointer
02-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Everytime Xavier hits a three... I fart. Not joking. My underwear was a bit dirty after those back to back games with 16 threes. I apologize to all.

Stonebreaker
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm glad we watch the game in different households. LOL

Kahns Krazy
02-19-2008, 02:15 PM
it's all about the superstition. Currently, we are riding a 2-game winning streak when watching games at the ref's house. His wife is going to get sick of us in a hurry.

Michigan Muskie
02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
And I keep running out of LaBatt. Thank goodness I live near Canada.

Stonebreaker
02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
If things are going bad......I might sit in a different chair, or stop the game (DVR), and come back to it in five minutes or so.

XU05and07
02-19-2008, 08:32 PM
During "The Run"...I would wear the same thing to every game...Painted my body the same way...the same shorts...the same soccer socks...same boxers (I washed them)

ATL Muskie
02-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I only bone Jeff Ruby's wife in the caboose during a win streak.

joebba
02-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I only bone Jeff Ruby's wife in the caboose during a win streak.

You only bone her during a "streak" after a win?

coasterville95
02-21-2008, 10:00 AM
I was just wondering this, because I used to be really superstitious.

Like today, my Xavier nation flag fell off my house. The bracket totally ripped out of the wall on my house. Luckily though, the flag landed on a bush, so it never touched the ground. Back in the day, this event would have freaked me out, as a bad omen. Now though? Not so much.

Wow, I didn't have the bracket rip off the house, but given the winds we have been having I could see that happening. Sunday when I got home from the St. Joe's game my Xavier flag (The embrodiered one with a big X with the word XAVIER accross it) had come came off of its pole. I blame the wind, as I use mounting rings to hold my flags to their poles, and the mounting screw came out of the ring and was stripped, I guess better the mount to fail than flag damage. Don't worry, like yours is landed on the hedge. Given tonights chance of storms during the game I don't have it out today.

Which means, no, I am not superstitious.

Oh, when you mentioned your Xavier Nation flag, are you referring to this design:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2025/2224406205_c37528fb01_m.jpg
(I hope images are allowed here...)

Smails
02-21-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty superstitious. I'll pause the game during an opponents run, switch seats depending on the flow of the game. I'll allow and disallow my wife and specific kids in the room depengins on what's going on. My 18 month old girl has been a really strong good luck charm. The problem is that short of putting her in restraints, it's impossible to keep her in one place for more than 22 seconds. She'll leave andf inevitably the other team will start a run. I find myself running upstairs and scooping her up during these times. My wife just looks at me in disbelief as I race down the stairs with my little girl yelling to my wife "I don't wanna hear it"..

It can be quite comical

PM Thor
02-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Wow, I didn't have the bracket rip off the house, but given the winds we have been having I could see that happening. Sunday when I got home from the St. Joe's game my Xavier flag (The embrodiered one with a big X with the word XAVIER accross it) had come came off of its pole. I blame the wind, as I use mounting rings to hold my flags to their poles, and the mounting screw came out of the ring and was stripped, I guess better the mount to fail than flag damage. Don't worry, like yours is landed on the hedge. Given tonights chance of storms during the game I don't have it out today.

Which means, no, I am not superstitious.

Oh, when you mentioned your Xavier Nation flag, are you referring to this design:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2025/2224406205_c37528fb01_m.jpg
(I hope images are allowed here...)

Yes. That's the flag.

XUOHTX
02-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Where did you get that flag?

XU0001
02-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I will admit to being superstitious. I am about to go look for my shirt to wear to the game tonight and just pulled the hubby's navy Xavier Nation shirt out of the dryer. I will wear my D Brown shirt which I have been wearing to each game I have been to since the shootout. I didn't get to go to the Tenn game so that shirt has only been worn to winning games. Why change what works?

coasterville95
02-21-2008, 03:00 PM
I bought my flag of that style in the gift shop in the Cintas Center. 2005-2006 season. Last time I have seen them in that style was right after the A10 tournament. I recall Gameday had one like it, which caused a run on the remainder of the bookstores stock. I don't think they restocked it.

Lamont Sanford
02-23-2008, 04:27 PM
That Xavier Nation flag is sweet! I remember seeing it down at GameDay during the A-10 Tourney. I wish the bookstore would re-order it.

XUglow
02-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Everytime Xavier hits a three... I fart. Not joking. My underwear was a bit dirty after those back to back games with 16 threes. I apologize to all.

If that is the case, I am glad that you didn't follow my advice and watch the game with your lawyer date.