PDA

View Full Version : Online Radio for Vanderbilt

PMI
11-28-2011, 12:27 PM
First off, do Byron and Joe broadcast games on the same station that the Chris Mack Show is on? I'm trying to set it up so that my dad can listen to the game online (had eye surgery recently) and was also hoping to set up the radio feed in the same room that I'll be watching the game. What I'm wondering is if anyone has tried listening to the radio while watching the game, and if there's a delay or not. If there's a delay, I'll set him up in a different room. Thanks in advance.

RealDeal
11-28-2011, 12:30 PM
There is a delay.

XULucho27
11-28-2011, 12:32 PM
First off, do Byron and Joe broadcast games on the same station that the Chris Mack Show is on? I'm trying to set it up so that my dad can listen to the game online (had eye surgery recently) and was also hoping to set up the radio feed in the same room that I'll be watching the game. What I'm wondering is if anyone has tried listening to the radio while watching the game, and if there's a delay or not. If there's a delay, I'll set him up in a different room. Thanks in advance.

Jesus you heartless bastard! He just had eye-surgery! You have to set him up in a different room entirely? You don't think you can just pause the game for 20 seconds in case there is a delay?!

In all seriousness, I've done it and usually just do the pausing thing to try and sync the audio and video feeds as closely as possible. Hope your dad is recovering and doing well. Sending some positive thoughts and prayers his way and for your family!

PMI
11-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks homie. Do you mean you pause the radio feed? Because I'd be totally down to do that if possible. I just assume the delay is on the television end, but if I can synch them up I'd love to. Just as long as you and others don't text me too early as Redford sinks the game winning 40 footer.

XULucho27
11-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks homie. Do you mean you pause the radio feed? Because I'd be totally down to do that if possible. I just assume the delay is on the television end, but if I can synch them up I'd love to. Just as long as you and others don't text me too early as Redford sinks the game winning 40 footer.

The way I did it was to bring up the game on the TV and the radio feed simultaneously and then pause the TV to have the radio feed catch up. I usually find TV is anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds ahead of the online radio feed. It might be off by a half second or a second but it can be done.

LadyMuskie
11-28-2011, 12:54 PM
For me, it depends upon whether or not you're watching on cable or satellite. Satellite has a delay to cable which is about 3 seconds. So, if we're watching at my parents' house (they have cable) we can pause the game on tv and have the radio catch up. When I watch and listen at home (we have satellite) I can't sync the games. Typically, the radio is ahead of the game when I watch at home and there's no way for me to catch up to it.

X-band '01
11-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Tonight's game is on WLW; I'm pretty sure that the Coaches' Show is on 55KRC.

Snipe
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Just put your dad in the garage with the radio and be done with him you heartless bastard!

I need to learn how to pause the TV. I don't have a DVR but I can reset programs to start at the beginning. Could I still pause Warner Cable without a DVR? I am guessing the answer is no, but I never tried. I have started programs over and done the on-demand thing.

wkrq59
11-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Because there is a game tonight, there is supposed to be NO Chris Mack Show on WKRC--NO SHOW. Listen to game on WLW-AM or watch the ESPN2 or U is it? feed
:logo:

American X
11-28-2011, 01:52 PM
First off, do Byron and Joe broadcast games on the same station that the Chris Mack Show is on?

Because there is a game tonight, there is supposed to be NO Chris Mack Show on WKRC--NO SHOW. Listen to game on WLW-AM or watch the ESPN2 or U is it? feed

If only XavierHoops provided a Game Thread (http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20203) to answer such questions.

Kahns Krazy
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Just put your dad in the garage with the radio and be done with him you heartless bastard!

I need to learn how to pause the TV. I don't have a DVR but I can reset programs to start at the beginning. Could I still pause Warner Cable without a DVR? I am guessing the answer is no, but I never tried. I have started programs over and done the on-demand thing.

You can not pause tv without a dvr.

If it hasn't been mentioned enough elsewhere, both KRC and WLW are on the IHeartRadio app. I love listening to pregame and postgame walking to and from the games at the Cintas with this app.

Using the app, the online radio feed will be behind the tv. If you have a dvr, simply pause your tv until its close enough. If you don't have a dvr, you're pretty hosed for syncing.

X-band '01
11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
:logo:

That's never stopped us before - we'll just make up our own show in Live Chat.

Sent from my Commodore 64

paulxu
11-28-2011, 02:09 PM
If only XavierHoops provided a Game Thread (http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20203) to answer such questions.

Hah! Next thing you'll be telling us is that there is a live chat room during the game.