PDA

View Full Version : Front page of ESPN recruiting

xu15
11-22-2011, 03:12 PM
On the front page of ESPN recruiting is Jalen Reynolds flashing the X. Talks about X's class pretty much being awesome. Also, X's class is up to 18th after the prep showcase this weekend.

Pretty awesome.

BBC 08
11-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I would love to read that but no, it is behind espn's stupid insider pay wall.

XULucho27
11-22-2011, 03:37 PM
I would love to read that but no, it is behind espn's stupid insider pay wall.

No worries, I can provide a brief summary for you:

They be nasty. Myles is now a 4 star. Coach Mack has awesome juice flowing through his veins.

BBC 08
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
No worries, I can provide a brief summary for you:

They be nasty. Myles is now a 4 star. Coach Mack has awesome juice flowing through his veins.

I want to rep you for that but the man is holding me down. So public reps it is.

A10fan
11-22-2011, 03:40 PM
I believe Reynolds is now a 4 star also.

bleedXblue
11-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I love these posts

It's a huge tease

Someone please post the link.

BBC 08
11-22-2011, 03:51 PM
It's an insider article so it won't do any good to post a link unless you are an espn insider.

Benxman
11-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Here's the picture: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/index

GO MUSKIES!

:sword:

pickledpigsfeet
11-22-2011, 04:08 PM
In addition to their impressive showings, they all won their games.

xu15
11-22-2011, 04:27 PM
I love these posts

It's a huge tease

Someone please post the link.

Sorry dude. It was a pay article so I didn't bother.

Benxman
11-22-2011, 04:31 PM
MORE:
ESPN has Semaj Christon rated a 94, 4*; Jalen Reynolds 93, 4*; Myles Davis 92, 4* and James Farr 87, 2*

Plus here is an article from Rivals: http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1296537

Not too shabby! :)

Go Chris Mack!
&
GO MUSKIES!

Blue Blooded-05
11-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Here's the picture: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/index

GO MUSKIES!

Great Pic... Although WARNING: I scanned down and clicked on the link "View Complete Class Rankings" link and up popped a picture of one Sean Miller... Down on 1 knee... Probably about to cough... Probably just shouted the C-bomb at one of his players... Still with his jacket on but I'm sure there were massive pit stains underneath. Either way, total buzzkill

xunorm
11-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Pretty much it says what we already know. Just getting the information out to the uninformed public about how Mack keeps raising the bar for X recruiting. Nice to get some national front page pub. It's great each guy coming in has a different aspect to his game that he excels at

Masterofreality
11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
If this was Kansas, they would all be 5 stars by now.

SixFig
11-22-2011, 06:09 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8330/jr2g.png

Masterofreality
11-22-2011, 06:15 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8330/jr2g.png

Jalen has a set of guns on him already. Wait until he gets in XU's weight room.

bleedXblue
11-23-2011, 08:21 AM
The suns not out today, but I gotta wear shades b/c the future is so bright !!!

This X's best recruiting class ever !!!!

Fam93
11-23-2011, 10:20 AM
In case it hasn't been mentioned before if you subscribe to ESPN magazine you get insider access along with it. Only way to go in my opinion.

Muskie1000
11-23-2011, 10:23 AM
In case it hasn't been mentioned before if you subscribe to ESPN magazine you get insider access along with it. Only way to go in my opinion.

yes but why would I want to be tortured more than I already am from them? I'm surprised they even give scores out anymore.

Fam93
11-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Thats true, but you do get the "Body Issue" now. Its just like the SI swimsuit issue but creepier.

XUmeat
11-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Added bonus: My espn mag subscription ran out 2+ year ago, but my Insider log-in continues to work.

Kahns Krazy
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I can't help but think of how much better our recruiting could be if people were sitting in their seats for the national anthem. What a wasted opportunity.

Oh well, this will have to do.

X-band '01
11-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, 10,250 people disrespecting the national anthem by not standing will definitely help.

Complete Nutter
11-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Found this on Draftexpress:

2011 National Prep Showcase - Best of the Rest (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2011-National-Prep-Showcase-Best-of-the-Rest-3822/)

Both Semaj and Jalen featured.

The way they discuss Christon ("He should be able to defend either guard position at the NCAA level, which is a big plus." & "It remains to be seen how quickly he will be able to take the reigns as their primary ball-handler and playmaker") got me thinking that we might se Semaj a lot at the two (a'la Lyons) to start his college career. Especially if Lyons goes pro. Anyone think that's a possibilty?

Like the way Draftexpress also looks at the negatives. Way more insightfull than just reporting all the positive stuff.

Juice
11-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Found this on Draftexpress:

2011 National Prep Showcase - Best of the Rest (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2011-National-Prep-Showcase-Best-of-the-Rest-3822/)

Both Semaj and Jalen featured.

The way they discuss Christon ("He should be able to defend either guard position at the NCAA level, which is a big plus." & "It remains to be seen how quickly he will be able to take the reigns as their primary ball-handler and playmaker") got me thinking that we might se Semaj a lot at the two (a'la Lyons) to start his college career. Especially if Lyons goes pro. Anyone think that's a possibilty?

Like the way Draftexpress also looks at the negatives. Way more insightfull than just reporting all the positive stuff.

Can we stop the Lyons going pro talk? He's a 6 foot shooting guard. Players like that don't go pro early. I love Lyons but at this point he isn't even close to NBA material.

Complete Nutter
11-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Well, you can go pro in Europe too. If he (Lyons) graduates after this season I don't see why pro money couldn't be a possibility. Just saying and not really the point of my earlier post anyway. But wont mention it again, promise :)

PMI
11-28-2011, 08:55 AM
I've actually heard that there are some NBA scouts who are pretty high on Lyons' pro potential. He needs to keep having a huge year and posting great shooting percentages, but 5 months from now, people might think much differently about Lyons' pro potential. We'll see. He's always reminded me of Kyle Lowry who isn't any bigger than him.

X-band '01
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Well, you can go pro in Europe too. If he (Lyons) graduates after this season I don't see why pro money couldn't be a possibility. Just saying and not really the point of my earlier post anyway. But wont mention it again, promise :)

I can see if you're stuck at either Fordham or La Salle and you want to leave early to go ball in Europe. I just don't see a glut of players at major colleges looking to forego college to chase money overseas where the competition and the exposure is less than what the NBA can offer.

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-28-2011, 11:23 AM
I've actually heard that there are some NBA scouts who are pretty high on Lyons' pro potential. He needs to keep having a huge year and posting great shooting percentages, but 5 months from now, people might think much differently about Lyons' pro potential. We'll see. He's always reminded me of Kyle Lowry who isn't any bigger than him.

This

xufan02
11-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I can see if you're stuck at either Fordham or La Salle and you want to leave early to go ball in Europe. I just don't see a glut of players at major colleges looking to forego college to chase money overseas where the competition and the exposure is less than what the NBA can offer.

The thing about Lyons that is a little different than maybe some other guys is he was a prep recruit. When he came to Xavier he was one year removed from high school. Once he landed here he was declared a partial qualifier and had to sit out a year. So essentially next year Lyons will be five years removed from high school and 23 years old. If he stays that is one less year that he could be making money in Europe or somewhere else. Also he will have his degree in hand, and doesn't owe Xavier another year.

Lyons knows that this season is his best opportunity to make some noise and get exposure helping Xavier make a deep run. Next season we lose Kenny, TU, and Walker; not saying the we don't have guys who can fill those rolls, but this is the year.

Also some guys just do not like the classroom and do it just to keep eligible. Who is to say that Lyons want another year in the classroom?

The staff is also going after other 2012 prospects, ala Torian Graham, and it is not out of the question that the scholarship could come from Lyons. I wanted DBrown to stay another year, but we all saw how that worked out. Lyons could be the same situation. I know I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't come back.

X-band '01
11-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Fair point about Lyons - I would imagine that he would at the very least declare for the NBA draft and see where his draft stock lies (like Tu did last season).

Benxman
11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes, Lyons is playing the 2 guard, but in the NBA, if he makes it, I see him playing the point. The only reason he is not playing the point here is named Tu Holloway. I think Lyons could make an excellent point guard.

Concerning Kyle Lowry, if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am, Xavier recruited him in high school, but wound up signing another PG. I just can't remember who that was. Anyone recall?

Torian Graham is interesting. Didn't he commit to NC State earlier? I know X was in the hunt for him early on, but didn't realize we were still recruiting him. Wow! Wouldn't that be a great recruit class, adding him to those already signed!?

Go Chris Mack!
&
GO MUSKIES!

SixFig
11-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Yes, Lyons is playing the 2 guard, but in the NBA, if he makes it, I see him playing the point. The only reason he is not playing the point here is named Tu Holloway. I think Lyons could make an excellent point guard.

Concerning Kyle Lowry, if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am, Xavier recruited him in high school, but wound up signing another PG. I just can't remember who that was. Anyone recall?

Torian Graham is interesting. Didn't he commit to NC State earlier? I know X was in the hunt for him early on, but didn't realize we were still recruiting him. Wow! Wouldn't that be a great recruit class, adding him to those already signed!?

Go Chris Mack!
&
GO MUSKIES!

Re: Lowry - went to Villanova

Torian Graham is still very much in the mix with Xavier. X is in his top 3. A lot will have to do with academics, but X has a dedicated assistant on him. Don't worry!

Masterofreality
11-29-2011, 09:45 PM

As to Lowry, the desert raccoon recommended to Beaknose that XU sign Lowry. John Groce recommended Churchill Odia.

Pinocchio wound up going with Odia. Then ol Beaky left and stuck Circle Eyes with a crappy point guard. Another reason I don't like the proboscis.

paulxu
12-05-2011, 08:38 AM
On the ESPN basketball page there is a link to Chris Mack's next class of X-men.

It's an Insider article so I can't read it, but the teaser sounds like it is complimentary of his efforts.

Jweinka
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Here is what is says:

Technically, the Atlantic 10 is a mid-major conference, but don’t tell that to Xavier. Coach Chris Mack is just the latest in a long line of head coaches to recruit at the high-major level. However, the Musketeers have more competition than ever before from their conference brethren when it comes to recruiting against the big boys.

Here’s a look at the Atlantic 10’s top classes to date:

[+] Enlarge
Brendan Nolan/ESPN.comSemaj Christon showed why he is Xavier's point guard of the future at the National Prep Showcase.
Xavier
The Musketeers' class has been getting a lot of ink in recent weeks, and rightfully so, but here’s the cliff notes version of what you need to know. The four-man class can all be found in New England prep schools right now; few people realized just how good Semaj Christon (Cincinnati, Ohio/Brewster Academy) was when he first committed in July, but suffice it to say there might not be more than five better point guards in his class. Myles Davis (Jersey City, N.J./Notre Dame Prep) is one of the best pure shooters in the Northeast. James Farr (Evanston, Ill./Maine Central) is a 6-foot-9 skilled southpaw and Jalen Reynolds (Livonia, Mich./Brewster) may have the highest ceiling of any player in the class. To sum up, Chris Mack has a top 20 class nationally and the best in the Atlantic 10 again this year

paulxu
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks!