PDA

View Full Version : College Football Week X!

XUglow
11-01-2011, 10:05 AM
We don't play D1 football, but I claim this week for X!

It is Alabama vs. LSU this week. Perhaps you have heard about it. I have seen both teams play, and I have no clue. LSU is physical and fast. Bama is physical and fast.

The game is in Bama. For whatever reason, the road team generally wins this game, so clearly, I cannot pick Bama.

Bama is very dominant in the 2nd half of their games, so clearly I cannot pick LSU.

LSU has played and beaten more good teams, so clearly I cannot pick Bama.

Saban is a better coach than Miles, so clearly I cannot pick LSU.

Bama isn't great at passing. LSU has a great secondary. Bama has Trent Richardson. LSU has been good against the run. Lee has been better than he thought we would be, but Bama's defense could play in the NFL.

I give up. Bama... no... LSU by 3 in OT.

XUglow
11-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Boston College is unwatchable. What happened to that program?

GoMuskies
11-04-2011, 09:07 AM
They fired their very promising head coach for interviewing for a job he had no chance of getting. Calamity ensued.

Their facilities are also painfully bad for an ACC school. I was shocked, honestly.

XUglow
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I was watching the local news from Birmingham about fraud and the game this weekend. The tickets are hard to forge, so they were telling people what to expect with fakes. Real tickets have perforations on 2 sides, a hologram, and an image that will temporarily appear if you rub on the ticket. (Temperature sensitive, I guess.) Money is easier to forge than the tickets, so they urged people to beware of large cash transactions for your tickets. Hucksters are offering big money for tickets that they buy with counterfeit hundreds. They will then turn around and sell the tickets for real cash. In some cases, people are offering tickets and requiring payment up front. Of course, the payment goes in, and the tickets never appear.

A national ticket emporium said that the game was no longer an SEC only affair. They are getting ticket requests from all regions of the country with numbers exceeding previous BCS championships and only exceeded by a couple of Super Bowls.

Over 600 press passes were issued for the game.

xudash
11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
We don't play D1 football, but I claim this week for X!

It is Alabama vs. LSU this week. Perhaps you have heard about it. I have seen both teams play, and I have no clue. LSU is physical and fast. Bama is physical and fast.

The game is in Bama. For whatever reason, the road team generally wins this game, so clearly, I cannot pick Bama.

Bama is very dominant in the 2nd half of their games, so clearly I cannot pick LSU.

LSU has played and beaten more good teams, so clearly I cannot pick Bama.

Saban is a better coach than Miles, so clearly I cannot pick LSU.

Bama isn't great at passing. LSU has a great secondary. Bama has Trent Richardson. LSU has been good against the run. Lee has been better than he thought we would be, but Bama's defense could play in the NFL.

You have a dizzying intellect. But I can see why - a very tough game to pick indeed. This year's national championship game played in November.

Kahns Krazy
11-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Public and private reps for the well played Princess Bride references.

xubrew
11-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Okay, I'll give my rundown on the games. Haven't done this in awhile.....

-A nice win for Tulsa last night against a UCF team, who appeared to be poised for a big year, but has been in the toilet since the Big East began courting them. Tulsa is 6-3 with their three losses coming to Oklahoma, Okie State and Boise State. They're tied with Houston, who they'll face in their final regular season game. Tulsa is #34 in the BCS and inching their way toward the Top 25. CUSA has three of the worst teams in the country, but if they could put three teams in the top 25, that's more than a certain current BCS conference would have.

-Air Force can win the Commander and Chief Trophy if they knock off Army. I don't think they'll need an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to help them this time.

-LSU will face Alabama. I think I read somewhere that this was a big game.

-South Carolina is 7-1, but I don't think I've been as unimpressed with a one loss team as I am with SC in quite some time. I think Arkansas dispatches them from the planet on Saturday, and clears the way for Georgia to win the East.

-Southern Miss travels to East Carolina, who has been underwhelming this year, but can still be tough to beat at home. The two teams are also tied for first place in the east. Southern Miss is in the rankings, and when your exposure is limited like CUSA's typically is, being able to stage a championship game between two ranked teams would be beneficial.

-Syracuse visits UConn. This game has major sixth place implications for your defending Big East Champs...

-Vanderbilt is at Florida. Vandy has lost two conference games on the last play of the game. Florida is still beat up. It would be a huge win for Vandy, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pull it off.

-Michigan is in a three way tie for first place, and is just one game ahead of Iowa. That side of the Big Ten is logjammed, and both teams are technically still in the hunt. Iowa won't be if they lose, though.

-Ole Miss is at Kentucky. Get ready for the pillow fight of the century.

-I really like Virginia's team and am impressed with the job that Mike London is done. You may remember that he won a national championship at Richmond. They're at Maryland this weekend, and I think they could win their next three headed into the finale against Virginia Tech.

-Texas A&M is in the habit of blowing leads against good teams. If they're not careful, they may just get blown out at Oklahoma.

-K State is having a big year, but had their doors blown off against Oklahoma last week. K State is getting the maximum out of the sum of their parts, and deserves a ton of credit. It's just that their parts don't match up to what Okie State probably has. I don't see them winning this one either.

-Stanford travels to Oregon State to face their seventh team of the year who currently has a losing record. And people think Boise's schedule is a joke....

-Cincinnati has not looked overly impressive when I've seen them, but they've looked better than the rest of hte Big East. If they beat Pitt they'll probably crack the rankings and remain unbeaten in conference. If they win the BE, they'll most likely be headed to the Orange Bowl. That's the bowl that picks last this year and is stuck with whoever is left over.

-Middle Tennessee visits Tennessee. The Vols haven't done much this year, but if they can't even lay claim to being the best team in Tennessee they're really in trouble.

-Texas Tech can't decide if they're a top five team, or an Independence Bowl type team. They followed up their big win at Oklahoma with a loss to lowly Iowa State. They visit Texas (another team in the rankings I'm not too high on) this week.

-Houston should have no trouble blowing out UAB and keeping their BCS hopes somewhat plausible.

-With USC being ineligible, Arizona State can clinch at least a share of the Pac Twelve South with a win over UCLA, and since they own the tiebreaker, they clinch their spot in the Pac Twelve title game with a win. I don't foresee them having any trouble.

-Oregon visits Washington, who's had a nice year, but will likely see any chance of winning the division come to an end this weekend. I think Oregon is better than Stanford, but Stanford absolutely blew out Washington. I see Oregon winning handily, but not that handily.

-Louisville visits West Virginia in the "We Want To Be in the Big Twelve Classic." Louisville tried to block them from leaving. I'm sure the WVU fans are absolutely thrilled about that. They are overmatched in a hostile environment. It could be a long day for the Cardinlals. Both teams are 2-1 and need to win to keep pace with UC.

-Western Kentucky, who was one of the worst teams I've ever seen just a year ago, could actually become bowl eligible with two more wins. One of those games will be against LSU, so they need to get it done against FIU today, who is bowl eligible with a win. With 35 bowl games, virtually everyone goes.

-TCU visits Wyoming, who is improved, but probably not as good as their 5-2 record indicates. Wyoming has been really bad for awhile, so this is the most electricity they've had in quite some time.

paulxu
11-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Over 600 press passes were issued for the game.

That is nuts.

-South Carolina is 7-1, but I don't think I've been as unimpressed with a one loss team as I am with SC in quite some time. I think Arkansas dispatches them from the planet on Saturday, and clears the way for Georgia to win the East.

OK, I think our game and the National Championship are on at the same time, so no one will be watching this except me and some crazy Gamecocks who don't know any better. We've lost our quarterback and Heisman candidate running back...but we'll be ready to rumble. Plus, I've got a LOT of bourbon laid in just in case.

LutherRackleyRulez
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Per Awful Announcing....

Your Full 2011 Week 10 College Football Announcing Schedule

Friday, November 4

Central Michigan @ Kent State (8PM ESPN2) Mike Morgan, Tom Luginbill

USC @ Colorado (9PM ESPN) Dave Lamont, Rod Gilmore

Saturday, November 5

15 Michigan @ Iowa (Noon ESPN) Dave Pasch, Chris Spielman, Urban Meyer, Quint Kessenich

Syracuse @ Connecticut (Noon ESPNU) Pam Ward, Dan Hawkins

Texas Tech @ 21 Texas (Noon FX) Gus Johnson, Charles Davis, Tim Brewster

Minnesota @ 17 Michigan State (Noon BTN) Matt Devlin, Glen Mason, Jon Jansen

Indiana @ Ohio State (Noon BTN) Tom Hart, Derek Rackley, Lisa Byington

Vanderbilt @ Florida (Noon SEC Network) Dave Neal, Andre Ware, Cara Capuano

Louisville @ 24 West Virginia (Noon Big East Network) Mike Gleason, John Congemi, Eamon McAnaney

Ball State @ Eastern Michigan (Noon ESPN+) Michael Reghi, Doug Graber

New Mexico State @ 18 Georgia (12:30 CSS) Matt Stewart, Chris Doering, Maria Taylor

Kansas @ Iowa State (12:30 FOX College Sports) Steve Physioc, Yogi Roth, Desmond Purnell

Virginia @ Maryland (12:30 ACC Network) Tim Brant, Riley Skinner, Mike Hogewood

North Carolina @ North Carolina State (12:30 ACC Network) Steve Martin, Dave Archer, Scott Pryzwansky

Texas Christian @ Wyoming (2PM mtn) Todd Harris, Todd Christensen, Andrea Lloyd

Duke @ Miami-OH (3PM ACC Network) Rich Waltz, Keith Jones, Jenn Hildreth

Army @ Air Force (3:30 CBS) Spero Dedes, Steve Beuerlein, Lewis Johnson

Purdue @ 20 Wisconsin (3:30 ABC/ESPN2) Mike Patrick, Craig James

Texas A&M @ 6 Oklahoma (3:30 ABC/ESPN2) Sean McDonough, Matt Millen, Heather Cox

4 Stanford @ Oregon State (3:30 ABC) Carter Blackburn, Brock Huard

UTEP @ Rice (3:30 FSN) Ron Thulin, JC Pearson, Jeremy Bloom

Mississippi @ Kentucky (3:30 ESPNU) Clay Matvick, Brian Griese, Allison Williams

Troy @ Navy (3:30 CBS Sports Network) Josh Lewin, Randy Cross, Kaylee Hartung

Northwestern @ 10 Nebraska (3:30 BTN) Eric Collins, Chris Martin, Dionne Miller

UL-Monroe @ UL-Lafayette (3:30 Sun Belt Network) Joe Davis, Cole Cubelic Erin Cofiell

25 Southern Mississippi @ East Carolina (4PM CSS) Mike Morgan, Chuck Oliver, Craig Ackerman

Idaho @ San Jose State (4PM WAC Network) Barry Tompkins, Joe Glenn

Utah @ Arizona (6PM Wildcat Sports) Dave Sitton, John Fina, Glenn Howell

Washington State @ California (6:30 CSN California) Roxy Bernstein, Mike Pawlawski, Kate Longworth

Missouri @ Baylor (7PM FSN) Joel Meyers, Brian Baldinger, Jim Knox

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh (7PM ESPNU) Rob Stone, Danny Kanell

13 Houston @ UAB (7PM CBS Sports Network) Dave Ryan, Rich Rodriguez

Middle Tennessee @ Tennessee (7PM SEC Network) Bob Rathbun, Tim Couch, Kristina Akra

USF @ Rutgers (7PM ESPN3.com) Dave Popkin, Rob Harley

9 South Carolina @ 7 Arkansas (7:15 ESPN) Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe

19 Arizona State @ UCLA (7:30 VS) Ted Robinson, Glenn Parker, Akbar Gbaja-Biamila

1 Louisiana State @ 2 Alabama (8PM CBS) Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson, Tracy Wolfson

14 Kansas State @ 3 Oklahoma State (8PM ABC/ESPN2) Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, Lisa Salters

Notre Dame @ Wake Forest (8PM ABC/ESPN2) Mark Jones, Ed Cunningham

New Mexico @ San Diego State (8PM mtn) Ari Wolfe, Blaine Fowler, Jenny Cavnar

8 Oregon @ Washington (10PM FSN) Craig Bolerjack, Joel Klatt, Petros Papadakis

Louisiana Tech @ Fresno State (10PM ESPNU) Adam Amin, David Diaz-Infante

5 Boise State @ UNLV (10PM CBS Sports Network) James Bates, Aaron Taylor, Brooke Collins

Utah State @ Hawaii (11:59 Oceanic PPV) Robert Kekaula, Darren Hernandez, Lori Santi, Rob DeMello

Southern University @ Texas Southern University (6pm TSU Sports Network) Nick Strong, Lemont Williams, Ken Burrough

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/pammies/announcing-schedules/college-football-announcers-week-10-lsu-alabama.html

XULucho27
11-04-2011, 06:40 PM
15 Michigan @ Iowa (Noon ESPN) Dave Pasch, Chris Spielman, Urban Meyer, Quint Kessenich

Nooooooooooo!

Absolutely, unequivocally, and vehemently DESPISE this announcing crew. I'm going to have to go to a bar where there is no game audio to avoid having to hear these guys.

X-band '01
11-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Heh, Army and Air Force actually play on the national CBS tomorrow? I thought just another SEC game would have been the undercard for them.

gladdenguy
11-04-2011, 07:56 PM
whoever loses tomorrow......lsu or alabama in the cheaters bowl better be out of the natl championship hunt......esp if alabama loses at home

gladdenguy
11-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Nooooooooooo!

Absolutely, unequivocally, and vehemently DESPISE this announcing crew. I'm going to have to go to a bar where there is no game audio to avoid having to hear these guys.

turban meyer and spielman are brutal.....the worst

xubrew
11-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Louisville is leading West Virginia 24-21 in the third quarter. This will not help WVU's case that the league isn't competitive enough for them, and should therefore not have to abide by the 27 month waiting period.

I thought Vandy would play better than what they have. They trail 17-0 at Florida right now

paulxu
11-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Iowa is beating Michigan, Minnesota is beating Michigan St.
B10 football is not really all that good.

Fred Garvin 2.0
11-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Bucks win. Michigan gets shafted!
How many opportunities did Michigan have on that last drive? Spielman is an idiot saying Iowa shouldn't blitz and sit in prevent. Michigan should have been on the 15 yard line with an entire minute left.

Hemingway caught that ball.Btw, what's with Iowa putting up all those points; I thought Brady was some defensive mastermind.

boozehound
11-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Michigan did get shafted, and Hemingway did catch that ball. They still needed a 2 point conversion to tie the game though.

Regarding the defense: I imagine you were watching the Bucks so you probably didn't see much of the Michigan game. Much like we saw against Michigan State and will see against Nebraska and OSU we cannot stop a power running game because we don't have the players. Rich Rod's recruiting on the defensive side of the ball was amazingly poor. We simply cannot compete against good teams in the trenches. Michigan's D-Line can't get pressure without blitzing and the O-line is undersized as well which results in good defensive lines getting too much penetration and disrupting the pocket.

Frankly I think that the job Hoke and Mattison have done with the players they have on defense is amazing. They are still 2 years away from having a great defense though.

F#$k those refs though.

GoMuskies
11-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Glad to see the Cards give WV a nice kiss goodbye up in Morganhole. Bad weekend for WV fans.

Fred Garvin 2.0
11-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Michigan did get shafted, and Hemingway did catch that ball. They still needed a 2 point conversion to tie the game though.

Regarding the defense: I imagine you were watching the Bucks so you probably didn't see much of the Michigan game. Much like we saw against Michigan State and will see against Nebraska and OSU we cannot stop a power running game because we don't have the players. Rich Rod's recruiting on the defensive side of the ball was amazingly poor. We simply cannot compete against good teams in the trenches. Michigan's D-Line can't get pressure without blitzing and the O-line is undersized as well which results in good defensive lines getting too much penetration and disrupting the pocket.

Frankly I think that the job Hoke and Mattison have done with the players they have on defense is amazing. They are still 2 years away from having a great defense though.

F#$k those refs though.

Michigan undersized on the O line. Didn't used to be able to say that.

boozehound
11-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Michigan undersized on the O line. Didn't used to be able to say that.

No shit. Even funnier is the fact that they have like 8 total Offensive Linemen on scholarship. They have one guy who is the primary backup for every O-line position. I'm not sure what the hell Rodriguez thought he was doing, but apparently he was under the impression that he did not need offensive linemen to do it.

I'm pretty sure we have more slot receivers on scholarship than offensive linemen. We also only have like 1 TE and he is a senior. Rich Rod didn't believe in TE's either.

It's bad, and it's not going to be fixed overnight.

XULucho27
11-05-2011, 03:24 PM
That was a touchdown. That's all I have to say about it.

Oh well, back to drinking.

xudash
11-05-2011, 04:04 PM
That was a touchdown. That's all I have to say about it.

Oh well, back to drinking.

I thought so as well at first, but the replay clearly showed the ball touching the ground as he landed. You have to have it as a full possession for it to count - full control through the play, as they say.

It wasn't a touchdown as soon as the ball hit the turf. Otherwise, had he had his hand under the ball in that instance, there was no doubt it would have been a TD, because he had clear control of it and his hand would have hit the turf, not the ball.

Fred Garvin 2.0
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I thought so as well at first, but the replay clearly showed the ball touching the ground as he landed. You have to have it as a full possession for it to count - full control through the play, as they say.

It wasn't a touchdown as soon as the ball hit the turf. Otherwise, had he had his hand under the ball in that instance, there was no doubt it would have been a TD, because he had clear control of it and his hand would have hit the turf, not the ball.

Are you sure you have to have your hand under the ball to demonstrate control?

gladdenguy
11-05-2011, 06:40 PM
f&*k that game. I don't whine about the refs.
I do whine about Al Borges. He is awful. His fat ass can get straight out of Ann Arbor tomorrow. Our offense was garbage for 57 minutes of that game. Unacceptable. And magically we can score two TDs in the last 5 minutes. Terrible play calling. He is garbage.

GoMuskies
11-05-2011, 08:56 PM
UC trailing at the half against a lowly ACC squad is always fun.

gladdenguy
11-05-2011, 08:58 PM
UC trailing at the half against a lowly ACC squad is always fun.

ddo u mean nd?

GoMuskies
11-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I did. UC WAS trailing a future lowly ACC team at the half, which was more fun before they rallied.

GoMuskies
11-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Good to see my man Petrino get another big win. Their finale against LSU will be for the SEC's second BCS bid.

waggy
11-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Trickeration was dumb by Bama imo.

GoMuskies
11-05-2011, 10:08 PM
How about a Penn State/UCLA Rose Bowl? Two not particularly good teams that might well end up in their conference championship games.

GoMuskies
11-05-2011, 10:31 PM
If you watched Bama/LSU, you're probably asleep. This K-State/OK State game has been amazing.

xudash
11-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Are you sure you have to have your hand under the ball to demonstrate control?

Not control. The ball simply can't hit the ground on his way down, if I understand it properly.

He had control of the ball, but he allowed the ball to hit the turf first.

paulxu
11-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Good to see my man Petrino get another big win. Their finale against LSU will be for the SEC's second BCS bid.

We suck without Lattimore and a drunken Garcia at the helm.

XULucho27
11-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Not control. The ball simply can't hit the ground on his way down, if I understand it properly.

He had control of the ball, but he allowed the ball to hit the turf first.

Ok, I'm sober and somewhat calmer at this point so I can finally provide my rational, albeit biased, point of view on the catch that wasn't.

The rule says:

INCOMPLETE PASS
ARTICLE 7. a. Any forward pass is incomplete if the ball is out of bounds by rule or if it touches the ground when not firmly controlled by a player. It also is incomplete when a player leaves his feet and receives the pass but first lands on or outside a boundary line, unless his progress has been stopped in the field of play or end zone (Rule 4-1-3-p) (A.R. 2-2-7-III and A.R. 7-3-7-I).

My understanding is that the ball can touch the ground if it is firmly in possession of the player. He doesn't necessarily need to have his hands under the ball, but rather the ground can't aid in the catch or make the ball come loose. From my Maize and Blue tinted perspective, I thought he clearly established possession, came down with one knee in the endzone, and even though the ball hit the ground it didn't aid in the catch nor did it cause it to move around thereby losing possession.

I think the refs got it wrong (along with the non pass-interference call on the last play [pictured below], but I digress).
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/876680/AdgohEWCIAAoEC0_medium.jpg

Regardless, Vincent Smith should have caught the ball on the next play, or Roundtree could have caught that ball at the end of the first half instead of having it ricochet off his hands into the air to be intercepted by an Iowa LB. I still think this team is miles ahead of the second-half-of-season-collapsing Michigan teams of recent times, but my confidence for a curb-stomping of ohio lessens and lessens each day. But, overall, I still love the direction the team is going and I love that they don't quit and play hard until the last whistle.

Happy Sunday gentlemen. Enjoy your day, and hopefully, a Bengals victory.

Now back to my regularly scheduled drinking.

XUglow
11-07-2011, 07:13 AM

No kudos? Tough crowd.

paulxu
11-07-2011, 07:30 AM
No kudos? Tough crowd.

Good call! That was a game for defensive purists. The Cocks better hope they don't sneak in the back door to Atlanta. It would be absolutely brutal.

xu95
11-07-2011, 07:59 AM
whoever loses tomorrow......lsu or alabama in the cheaters bowl better be out of the natl championship hunt......esp if alabama loses at home

As long as Oklahoma St. loses, you will see a Bama/LSU matchup in January.

xu95

GoMuskies
11-07-2011, 08:16 AM

xu95

That would be disgusting. And boring. Again.

ThrowDownDBrown
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM

xu95

Stanford will jump them if they run the table. Oklahoma and Oregon would have a chance as well if they win out, they'd jump Bama in the human polls if they did. Bama's computer ratings are also only going to go down over their next three games against Miss St, Georgia Southern and Auburn.

Also a big shocker at Michigan getting exposed for the fraud they are once again. Anyone who didn't se this coming either is a blind homer or has completely missed the last three seasons. They might not win another game this year, though they sure as hell should beat the completely collpasing Zookers next week.

XUglow
11-07-2011, 08:47 AM
That would be disgusting. And boring. Again.

I didn't think the Bama-LSU was boring. I prefer games where people actually hit each other. I still don't like the flag football games that the Big XII plays.

I am an SEC guy, and I am against a rematch. I think OSU will lose to OU. I also think Stanford loses to Oregon. I would prefer to see Boise St. play LSU in the game if OSU and Stanford lose. Of course, all of this speculation is dependent upon LSU holding serve. Arkansas could throw a wrench in the works. Maybe we see Bama vs. Boise in New Orleans.

xudash
11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
No kudos? Tough crowd.

KUDOS!

I just went back through this thread to find your prediction.

It wasn't a boring game, but it won't go down as the game of the century. The poor execution on the part of Alabama special teams was brutal.

GoMuskies
11-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Stanford will jump them if they run the table. Oklahoma and Oregon would have a chance as well if they win out, they'd jump Bama in the human polls if they did.

Oklahoma?!? That would be even more disgusting than a rematch. Oklahoma loses at home to a fairly awful Texas Tech team and gets to play for a national title? That would be bad.

XUglow
11-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I would be against an Oregon- LSU rematch as well.

On a side note, both Bama and LSU had Aussie's starting for them. The US game is getting popular down under. I wonder if we will see a flood of Aussie imports in FB the way we have seen them in BB.

xubrew
11-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Last year, I was convinced Boise was one of the two best teams in the country. I know they didn't deserve a shot because they inexplicably lost to Nevada, but I believed they were good enough to play with, and even beat, Oregon and Auburn.

This year, I think they'd get blown off the field. It still wouldn't surprise me to see them in the title game if for no other reason the voters will decide they deserve a shot and stuff the ballot box in their favor, but I don't see them putting up much of a fight. Their offense is very good, but the thing about the Boise teams from the last two years was how strong their defense was as well. This year, it just isn't.

I for one am not going to campaign for a rematch, but if it clearly looks that Bama and LSU are the two best teams, then I wouldn't have any real problem with it. The guidelines say that it is the two best teams. Not the two best conference champions. Not the two best teams that haven't played each other. It just says the two best teams. Granted, voters have never let that happen before, but if you take the guidelines at face value, there's no reason to not have a rematch.

GoMuskies
11-07-2011, 11:56 AM
What was ND doing playing at Wake Forest anyway? Wake's stadium seats 32,000 people. Did Charlie Weis schedule the game as a chance to see where it all began for Krispy Kreme? Pity he didn't last long enough to make the pilgrimage.

LutherRackleyRulez
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
nd is goin' with these joke helmets this week v. maryland....

http://mit.zenfs.com/214/2011/11/ND_Shamrock.jpg

X-band '01
11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
It's bad enough seeing Maryland break out hideous uniforms; now Notre Dame has to changeup as well?

xu95
11-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Don't look now, but with Okie State losing last night an Alabama/LSU rematch is looking more likely.

xu95

Fred Garvin 2.0
11-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Don't look now, but with Okie State losing last night an Alabama/LSU rematch is looking more likely.

xu95

Savor it cuz Urban is coming to The University of Ohio State.

xu95
11-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Not sure what that has to do with anything. Southern players won't come to Ohio to play.

xu95
11-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Wow, the top 3 all from the Sec West. That is freakin' amazing.

gladdenguy
11-20-2011, 09:45 PM
im sure the country cant wait to watch the most boring game of the 18th century when alabama hooks up with LSU again. Will have the worst ratings of any bcs natl title game in history.

ThrowDownDBrown
11-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Not sure what that has to do with anything. Southern players won't come to Ohio to play.

Thats just not true at all, Ohio State has gotten plenty of players from the south over the years. Some of the pros Tressel coached who came from the south include: Chris Gamble, Michael Jenkins, Santonio Holmes, Nate Salley, Ashton Youboty, Chimdi Chekwa, Cam Heyward and Brian Rolle. Just on the team right now you have Mike Brewster, JB Shugarts, Etienne Sabino, Travis Howard, Jaamal Berry, Ohrian Johnson, Bradley Roby, Carlos Hyde, Ryan Shazier, Curtis Grant, Jeff Heuerman and Jeremy Cash. Most of OSU's players come from the midwest and the majority of those are from Ohio but they get a group of players from the south pretty much every year.

xu95
11-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Thats just not true at all, Ohio State has gotten plenty of players from the south over the years. Some of the pros Tressel coached who came from the south include: Chris Gamble, Michael Jenkins, Santonio Holmes, Nate Salley, Ashton Youboty, Chimdi Chekwa, Cam Heyward and Brian Rolle. Just on the team right now you have Mike Brewster, JB Shugarts, Etienne Sabino, Travis Howard, Jaamal Berry, Ohrian Johnson, Bradley Roby, Carlos Hyde, Ryan Shazier, Curtis Grant, Jeff Heuerman and Jeremy Cash. Most of OSU's players come from the midwest and the majority of those are from Ohio but they get a group of players from the south pretty much every year.

Congratulations. You listed about 20 players that have come out of the south to Ohio State in the last 8 to 10 years. If I implied that a southern player never comes to Ohio State I was obviously wrong, but if you think that Ohio State has any kind of recruiting success in the south you are fooling yourself. That won't change with Urban Meyer.

Ohio State has a lock on Ohio. The SEC has a lock on the south. And if you look where the majority of the higher ranked players come from, it is the southern states. No wonder the SEC is successful each year.

xu95

Juice
11-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Congratulations. You listed about 20 players that have come out of the south to Ohio State in the last 8 to 10 years. If I implied that a southern player never comes to Ohio State I was obviously wrong, but if you think that Ohio State has any kind of recruiting success in the south you are fooling yourself. That won't change with Urban Meyer.

Ohio State has a lock on Ohio. The SEC has a lock on the south. And if you look where the majority of the higher ranked players come from, it is the southern states. No wonder the SEC is successful each year.

xu95

I think Urban could recruit in Florida. He won in Florida and that is where his recruiting base was. The reason OSU didn't really recruit in Florida is because all of their past coaches are Midwest guys from lower Midwest schools. Charlie Strong has done alright so far recruiting in Florida and he was only Florida's D coordinator. Think what Urban Meyer could do.

ThrowDownDBrown
11-21-2011, 08:47 AM

xu95

You didn't imply anything, you outright said it. "Southern players won't come to Ohio to play." That was your quote and obviously I proved you were wrong. Now you've made another stupid statement and I'll prove you wrong again. The vast majority of southern players do stay there for college but OSU does as good of a job as any non southern school in recruiting the south. They don't offer a tons of kids from down there because they know they're not going to get many but they get a decent amount of the ones they do extend an offer to. For the ones they've gotten they've beaten out the premiere southern programs for some of those guys too. Brewster, Sabino and Grant were all 5 star players. Shugarts, Howard, Berry and Shazier were top 250. All those guys had offers from the big time south programs yet they decided to come all the way to cold, boring, overrated Ohio State.

So yeah they do have some success, and considering they aren't located in the south they actually have pretty good success. If they didn't have "any kind of recruiting success in the south" then they wouldn't have any southern players on their roster, let alone a group of guys who picked OSU over the almighty SEC.

XUglow
11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
im sure the country cant wait to watch the most boring game of the 18th century when alabama hooks up with LSU again. Will have the worst ratings of any bcs natl title game in history.

You must have missed the memo on the first game ratings. ABC's 0.9 was the shoot-out between OSU/KSU + ND at Wake.

Scoreboard----------------------CBS---------ABC---------FOX---------NBC
Adults 18-49: Rating/Share----6.4/19------0.9/3--------0.9/3--------0.7/2
Total Viewers (million)----------18.026-----2.978--------2.765-------4.066

Fred Garvin 2.0
11-21-2011, 10:16 PM

Urban will be plucking the next Santonio Holmes...who happens to be from Florida.