PDA

View Full Version : Larussa retires

BBC 08
10-31-2011, 09:30 AM
So will Reds fans still hate the Cardinals with Don Tony gone?

pizza delivery
10-31-2011, 09:32 AM
If he takes Duncan with him, I will be so happy. Duncan is the secret behind the whole operation I think.

Porkopolis
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
The very definition of a Hall of Famer. I have never liked him and probably never will, but I'll always respect what he has done during his career.

As for whether or not we'll still hate the Cardinals, that depends a lot on whether Neck Tat and Priss are gone.

XU 87
10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
So will Reds fans still hate the Cardinals with Don Tony gone?

As long as the Cardinals whine, bitch and moan about everything from throwing inside to Pujols to the smell of smoke after a home run, I guess the answer is "Yes".

BBC 08
10-31-2011, 09:39 AM
The very definition of a Hall of Famer. I have never liked him and probably never will, but I'll always respect what he has done during his career.

As for whether or not we'll still hate the Cardinals, that depends a lot on whether Neck Tat and Priss are gone.

We are picking up the option for "Neck Tat" so he will still be with us.

nkymuskie
10-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Didn't he say right in the middle of the series he would be coming back next year?

pizza delivery
10-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Sit out a year and go to Chicago, Tony.

Fireball
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Honestly, I believe the type of whining personality tends to start at the manager, so I would say that without LaRussa there, the Cardinals will probably become somewhat more likable.

I kinda hope not, though. It's as much fun now to hate the Cardinals as it is to hate the Steelers!

THRILLHOUSE
10-31-2011, 02:50 PM

Agreed with everything said here. LaRussa is an all time great manager, but I have never liked him. He is 1/3 of the reason I loathe the Cards (along with Neck Tat and Crypenter).