PDA

View Full Version : National Championship game

xu95
10-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Who will win the college football National Championship game on November 5th?

xu95
10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I should have mentioned that the game is being played in Tuscaloosa, AL.

xu95

XULucho27
10-26-2011, 12:08 PM
I guess between the two I enjoy watching the Hatter more. I'm not really a fan of Saban, and his days at State don't really endear me much to him anyway.

I also enjoy seeing how even though Miles is legally insane, and averages about one truly head-scratching moment a game, he can still pull wins out of his a**. The guy must be personally responsible for at least 752 heart attacks.

MCXU
10-26-2011, 12:09 PM
LSU could challenge for the AFC South this year.

Please note the sarcasm, I don't want to hijack this tread into the old "could really good college team A beat really bad NFL team B" It would never happen.

Jumpy
10-26-2011, 12:40 PM
I want to hijack this tread into the old "could really good college team A beat really bad NFL team B" .

The answer is no. The worst NFL team would crush the best college team.

gladdenguy
10-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I love this poll. haha

boozehound
10-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I voted for gladdenguy. I think he's got what it takes to go the distance.

xu95
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I love this poll. haha

I was thinking of you when I posted it.

SixFig
10-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I voted for gladdenguy. I think he's got what it takes to go the distance.

Rick Pitino can go the distance in under 15 seconds.

GoMuskies
10-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Boise State or Houston

WCWIII
10-26-2011, 09:59 PM
One of my best Xavier times was watching them win at LSU!

My brother is in Baton Rouge ... great place to visit.

Blueblob4life
10-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Rick Pitino can go the distance in under 15 seconds.

Oh damn!

gladdenguy
11-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Well the majority picked LSU....unfortunately I didn't win.
But the most hyped up game since Michigan/OSU in 0 was a dud. Both defenses are great. Both offenses are average. Game was boring.
I would like to see LSU against a good offfense......like Stanford or Boise St.
There is not a single SEC offense that is very good.

SEC Blowhards can take a rest. Thank gosh these teams won't be playing again.

Xavier
11-07-2011, 11:05 PM
LSU played two solid offenses, the first put up 27 points (Oregon) the second put up 530 yards and 21 points (WVA) I think OK state would put up good numbers against them

gladdenguy
11-08-2011, 07:08 AM
LSU played two solid offenses, the first put up 27 points (Oregon) the second put up 530 yards and 21 points (WVA) I think OK state would put up good numbers against them

Yeah,
If you are an SEC Blowhard, like many people, you would think LSU is gonna be handed the national title. There is an offense who WILL score points on that defense. Unfortunately, it won't be in the SEC because there are no good offenses in the SEC.

I'm hoping Boise, Stanford, or Oklahoma St. gets a crack at em.

xu95
11-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Yeah,
If you are an SEC Blowhard, like many people, you would think LSU is gonna be handed the national title. There is an offense who WILL score points on that defense. Unfortunately, it won't be in the SEC because there are no good offenses in the SEC.

I'm hoping Boise, Stanford, or Oklahoma St. gets a crack at em.

This is quite comical. The SEC only has 3 of the top 10 teams.

xu95

GoMuskies
11-08-2011, 08:48 AM
I agree that it's silly to try to find fault with the SEC as a whole in basically any way. But it is true that there are no particularly dynamic offenses in the SEC this year. Even Bobby Petrino's offense is relatively pedestrian (by his lofty standards) this year. An Ok State would be an interesting challenge for LSU or Alabama. I think Boise and Stanford are good enough to hold their own against LSU or Bama, but I don't think either would be much of a threat to actually win such a game.

gladdenguy
11-08-2011, 11:09 AM
This is quite comical. The SEC only has 3 of the top 10 teams.

xu95

It might be comical but you can't name an SEC offense that is better than Boise, Stanford, or Oklahoma St. Sorry. Let's have one of these 3 offenses, who can be explosive, with 3 very good qbs (2 are great in Moore and Luck) and lets go at it.

LSU = Best Defense One of those 3.....best offenses.......Get it on....we don't want to see what happened Saturday night because both offenses were average at best.

Cheers to Alabama and Nick Saban not winning a championship this year. :D

xu95
11-08-2011, 11:37 AM
It might be comical but you can't name an SEC offense that is better than Boise, Stanford, or Oklahoma St. Sorry. Let's have one of these 3 offenses, who can be explosive, with 3 very good qbs (2 are great in Moore and Luck) and lets go at it.

LSU = Best Defense One of those 3.....best offenses.......Get it on....we don't want to see what happened Saturday night because both offenses were average at best.

Cheers to Alabama and Nick Saban not winning a championship this year. :D

I can't wait until next year when they beat the living pulp out of Michigan in Texas Stadium.

It will be like they are playing North Texas all over again.

xu95

XUglow
11-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I can't wait until next year when they beat the living pulp out of Michigan in Texas Stadium.

It will be like they are playing Michigan State, Penn State, etc. all over again.

xu95

Fixed that for you.

Xavier
11-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't think Boise would beat LSU this year but I think Oklahoma and OK State could put up good numbers and win. (Both, IMO, would win the SEC) Thats the match up I would want to see.

Though, it is interesting that Boise had a tougher SOS then Alabama before the LSU game.