PDA

View Full Version : Kokrak in Ponte Vedra

GoMuskies
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
They finally found a course that can cool these guys off a bit. Jason's 1 over through 15 but in a tie for 19th out of the 72 guys who went out early, so he's still in decent position to make the cut.

GoMuskies
10-20-2011, 12:21 PM
The 8 on #16 will not help. He deserves a weekend off anyway.

joe titan
10-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Well the 36 hole cut will be 1 or 2 over par, so he still can make the weekend if he rallies tomorrow.

Frankly I was a bit surprised he did not try Monday qualifying for PGA event this week. he had nothing to lose and experience to gain,

xudash
10-20-2011, 01:34 PM
The Valley Course is a tough course. It's on par with the Stadium course, though it doesn't have a famous ending three holes like the S's 16, 17 and 18.

Anything can happen in golf, and anything can happen on that track to help you get back into it or completely out of it.

It's beautiful here now - cool and sunny. I hope he turns it around.

GoMuskies
10-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Projected cut line is 4, and he's right on it with 8 to play.

Uh oh, cut moved to 3. Jason needs to rally with 6 to go (or needs a few of the sub +3s to slip up).

Cut swung back in his favor at 4 with 4 to play. But he's T60, so a birdie by any of the T60 group would move the cut back to 3 and leave JK on the wrong side of it. He needs to get one back.

Masterofreality
10-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Well, now it's moved to 3 over. And J is done- at 4 over. 4 guys would have to screw up with bogeys to make the line move back to 4. There are 63 guys at 3 over right now with still golf to be played.

Still could happen but not looking good.

GoMuskies
10-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Just three guys would have to move backwards. T60 would get him in. But that seems unlikely at this point.

joe titan
10-21-2011, 09:00 PM
He will learn from that snowman on Thursday but it is really tough for a guy like Jason, especially when he has been on a roll, to throttle down on a par 5.

On better note, Andy Pope shot 16 under to medal at Q school first stage.

Masterofreality
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Even though Jason missed the cut last week, he's still 4th in the money list.

Nationwide Tour Championship this week with a $1 million total purse. Dude could make some serious jack this week.

In any event, he's clinched his 2012 PGA Tour card.

GoMuskies
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Looks like the winner's share is $180k, and he trails the Tour money leader by $108k. Would be pretty sweet to have him finish the season atop the money list.

waggy
10-24-2011, 12:25 PM
It's been awhile since I was at the Nationwide site, but if I recall correctly he hasn't played in as many tournaments as the other guys at the top.

GoMuskies
10-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Not nearly as many as most. He's basically done his damage in half a season. John Mallinger (#11 on the ML in 8 starts) is the only player in the top 25 with as few or fewer starts than Jason.

joe titan
10-24-2011, 04:06 PM
B/C Tour Championship is a no-cut, small field event, free-wheel is the word of the week.

I am not certain, but I think the winner is invited to PGA Players next May @ Sawgrass.

Even though he has earned his card for 2012, he may go to "Q" school to improve his position on the exempt list. Q school graduates rank ahead of Top 25 from Nationwide.

Masterofreality
10-24-2011, 07:01 PM
B/C Tour Championship is a no-cut, small field event, free-wheel is the word of the week.

I am not certain, but I think the winner is invited to PGA Players next May @ Sawgrass.

Even though he has earned his card for 2012, he may go to "Q" school to improve his position on the exempt list. Q school graduates rank ahead of Top 25 from Nationwide.

Actually, that is all one group. The Top 25 from Nationwide and the Q school qualifiers are all lumped in the same qualification category.

joe titan
10-24-2011, 07:33 PM
MOR: I believe the general pecking order is Top 125 from PGA Money List, next is top 25 from Q school followed by Top 25 Nationwide. Some localites down here watched another player finish Top 25 Nationwide in 2010, and was lumped behind Q school graduates when trying to play this year.

Regardless, Jason will start from the low side in 2012 to climb that hill once more against the odds. You have made the accurate point many times how thin that line of succession is.

94GRAD
10-24-2011, 07:52 PM
PGA Tournaments are filled in the following order: 1- first in Q school, 2- first on money list, 3- second in Q school, 4- second on money list, and so on and so on. The only way Jason would improve his status is to finish in the top 3 in the final stage of Q school. Jason is no worse than 8th in the pecking order for next year.

GoMuskies
10-24-2011, 08:06 PM
All the more reason for Jason to just go out and win this weekend and climb to #2 on that list behind the Q school medalist.

Masterofreality
10-24-2011, 08:54 PM
PGA Tournaments are filled in the following order: 1- first in Q school, 2- first on money list, 3- second in Q school, 4- second on money list, and so on and so on. The only way Jason would improve his status is to finish in the top 3 in the final stage of Q school. Jason is no worse than 8th in the pecking order for next year.

You are correct, sir!!

Check the following lists. #24- Q School & Nationwide Tour Top 25 in the same group.

Player Tournament Entry Order (http://www.pgatour.com/r/player_exemptions/index.html)