PDA

View Full Version : Treasury Analyst position.

Kahns Krazy
09-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Nothing official yet, but I'm likely going to be hiring a treasury analyst in the next few weeks.

We're looking for a fairly recent graduate - 2 years or less experience. The ideal candidate would have an accounting degree, but the position isn't all accounting. It's an ideal job for those who got into the accounting world and decided that a day full of debits and credits isn't really what they are looking for. Other business degrees would be considered as well, as long as the candidate has a strong aptitude for numbers.

The position deals with maintaining banking relationships, accounts, preparing wire transfers, consolidating the banking operations of any acquisitions, day-to-day cash balance reporting, and various other tasks as necessary.

If this sounds like something you or someone you know might be interested in, shoot me a PM and I will tell you what address to send your resume to.

Kahns Krazy
10-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Either the economy is better than I thought, or nobody reads this part of the board.

Porkopolis
10-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Either the economy is better than I thought, or nobody reads this part of the board.

Oh that the economy really was better. I hope you find someone who fits the position.

GoMuskies
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Maybe no one wants to work for you?

Porkopolis
10-03-2011, 01:37 PM

:D

Kahns Krazy
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM

That is totally true, but most people don't realize that until it is too late.

Kahns Krazy
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
This is now a publicly posted position, and I'm still not getting much response. I really question if the unemployment figures I keep seeing for "young people" actually represent people trying to find jobs.

Porkopolis
10-14-2011, 11:12 AM
This is now a publicly posted position, and I'm still not getting much response. I really question if the unemployment figures I keep seeing for "young people" actually represent people trying to find jobs.

I think the unemployment numbers are quite true. For a while now college bound students have been steered away from finance/accounting (and business degrees in general) by those advising them. The reasoning was that so many people have such a degree that the market is saturated. As usually happens there is now going to be a shortage of candidates while other "easy to get a job" fields see a glut of applicants for every open position due to the high number of students pursuing said fields. This is just my two cents with no hard evidence to back up my opinion, but it is what I've seen working in and around schools.

Kahns Krazy
10-14-2011, 02:23 PM
I think the unemployment numbers are quite true. For a while now college bound students have been steered away from finance/accounting (and business degrees in general) by those advising them..

What fields are they being steered into? Where is the glut of bright young people? I'll take a pre-law kid if (s)he's smart, ambitious and likes numbers.

xeus
10-15-2011, 07:26 AM
You have stated previously that xavierhoops.com is blocked at your office. Who wants to work under those conditions?

Porkopolis
10-15-2011, 07:35 AM
What fields are they being steered into? Where is the glut of bright young people? I'll take a pre-law kid if (s)he's smart, ambitious and likes numbers.

IT, science, etc. are the fields du jour. It seems every kid in my brother-in-law's graduating class wants to be either an engineer or a computer programmer.

whitesox
10-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Where is it posted? If you could send me a pm, I have a few people I know who might be good candidates.

Kahns Krazy
10-15-2011, 08:19 AM
You have stated previously that xavierhoops.com is blocked at your office. Who wants to work under those conditions?

That got fixed, but for about 4 weeks there, I was productive as hell.

xeus
10-15-2011, 09:03 AM
That got fixed, but for about 4 weeks there, I was productive as hell.

Thank goodness you have a strong union to fight for your rights in the workplace.

HuskyMuskie
10-15-2011, 08:45 PM

Hold onto a spot for the next 18 months and I'll come running. :D