PDA

View Full Version : Kokrak in Knoxville

GoMuskies
08-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Another week,another Nationwide Tour opportunity. He tees at 2:10 today in a Tournament that features Boo Weekley (who's off to a strong start) and John Daly (who is not). Hopefully he'll have another strong four days and continue moving up the money list.

BTW, he's still the leading money winner on the eGolf Tour this year despite only playing 3 events.

Masterofreality
08-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Another week,another Nationwide Tour opportunity. He tees at 2:10 today in a Tournament that features Boo Weekley (who's off to a strong start) and John Daly (who is not). Hopefully he'll have another strong four days and continue moving up the money list.

BTW, he's still the leading money winner on the eGolf Tour this year despite only playing 3 events.

JK has made $85,000 on the Egolf Tour and $53,000 on the Nationwide Tour so far for a $133,000 total.

He's on the way.

GoMuskies
08-25-2011, 10:36 AM
With the PGA Tour playoffs starting this weekend, the PGA Tour leftovers are making their presence known at the top of the Nationwide Tour leaderboard. This is probably the strongest field Kokrak has ever encountered (other than his U.S. Open obviously). Would be really impressive for him to finish high this week.

PMI
08-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Tough front nine, sitting at 1 over after the turn. Time to pick it up on the back.

X-band '01
08-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Good luck getting all 4 rounds in for the Barclays. They already had weather delays today and that's not even counting the weekend rounds that are sure to be disrupted by Irene.

And if that weren't enough, the second leg of the FedEx Cup playoffs takes place in Boston next weekend. They're also going to be in cleanup mode b/c of Irene.

Masterofreality
08-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Tough front nine, sitting at 1 over after the turn. Time to pick it up on the back.

And............................................... ......

................................he did.

A back nine 4 under to finish at 3 under with a 69 and tied for 40th.

He'll probably need something similar tomorrow to make the cut.

GoMuskies
08-25-2011, 10:49 PM
He'll probably need something similar tomorrow to make the cut.

Screw that. He needs to put up about a 64 and get into contention!

joe titan
08-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Frankly, with 7 birdies Thursday he let a good round slip way. His back nine was a real roller coaster. We can be sure Jason wants to shoot as low as he can each round, but if "Go" were Jason's caddy he would miss the cut. Play smart and keep the pace for Friday; then put your best efforts to the weekend. Saturday is moving day.

At #67 on the current money list, he is in good position to continue his fine performances to make Top 60 which gives him full status next year and entry to their Tour Championship this year. Also relieves a lot of pressure at "Q" school.

GoMuskies
08-26-2011, 09:11 AM
if "Go" were Jason's caddy he would miss the cut

Yes, but I'm not. And he's on pace to shoot 54 right now! OK, so it was just the first hole, but still a nice start. He kills par 5s.

Jason has been pretty close this year. I think he's got a win in him down the stretch (and in the process his PGA Tour card).

94GRAD
08-26-2011, 10:30 AM
-4 after 9 so far. -7 overall tied for 11th.

Masterofreality
08-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Talk about "moving day"!

A smooth 6 under 66 today and is now 9 under and tied for 9th place as of now.

Damn. He is rolling!!!

PMI
08-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Great day and now he's back in business. Another low round Saturday and he'll be right in the thick of it again. Hopefully guys like Mallinger, Kisner and Kang don't tear it up today because they're up near the top and still very early in their rounds. It's got to be frustrating when you're placed high but are looking up at one or two guys who are several strokes lower than you.

GoMuskies
08-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Talk about "moving day"!

A smooth 6 under 66 today and is now 9 under and tied for 9th place as of now.

Damn. He is rolling!!!

I'm disappointed in him for missing my expectations by 2 strokes. How dare he!

joe titan
08-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Very smooth 6 under round ;7 more birdies b/c he played smart to eliminate the bogeys to keep pace w/the leaders. Great position to free wheel the weekend.

BTW, next week's event in Pittsburgh in case MOR wants to volunteer to caddy (or play the pro-am).

Given he had limited status on Nationwide to start the year, his play is Tu good.

Masterofreality
08-26-2011, 03:53 PM
BTW, next week's event in Pittsburgh in case MOR wants to volunteer to caddy (or play the pro-am).

You forget that my physical presence in Pittspuke is not good for Musketeers.

I purposely did not go to the Dookcane game this year and that worked out pretty well. I'm done going to "support" anything XU connected in that Gawdforsaken town. It only turns to sheet.

PMI
08-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm hoping John Daly can get one more birdie to tie Jason at -9 so there's a chance they can play together tomorrow. I can't speak for Kokrak, but I pretty much assume it's every person's dream to play a round with John Daly.

GoMuskies
08-26-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm hoping John Daly can get one more birdie to tie Jason at -9 so there's a chance they can play together tomorrow. I can't speak for Kokrak, but I pretty much assume it's every person's dream to play a round with John Daly.

They'd probably have some fun trying outslug one another.

GoMuskies
08-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Kokrak got Biershenk, his old nemesis from the eGolf Tour, instead of Daly.

Masterofreality
08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Well, today Jason is even par through 13----and losing ground fast.
He's now tied for 31st.

PMI
08-27-2011, 02:14 PM
It's a shame because Mallinger is still in first and is also even through his front nine, so gaining spots was there for the taking. Hopefully he can score a couple of birdies before his round is over.

GoMuskies
08-27-2011, 03:59 PM
T22. Still a chance to finish pretty high with a low round tomorrow.

Masterofreality
08-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Not good so far today

1 over after 9 and has dropped to 45th.

Gotta smoke the back nine.

GoMuskies
08-28-2011, 01:32 PM
It's a shame he had a bad weekend, but it has to be a sign of progress when a "bad"week includes making the cut in a Nationwide Tour event.

Masterofreality
08-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, 2 over today and a tie for 45th.

Hey, everybody has a bad day, at least once in a while.

Old dog Kirk Triplett, who is about 1,000 years old, but not old enough yet for the Senior Tour, is gonna win that thing. (He's actually 49.) A lot of those Tour guys really get into no-mans land when they hit 45. They can't compete with the young bucks like Fowler and McIlroy anymore and they aren't old enough to get on the Senior Tour yet, so they are sort of stuck on the Nationwide Tour.