PDA

View Full Version : XU Mens Soccer

Masterofreality
08-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Hey, I'm not a soccer fan, but the XU Men's team is pre-season ranked in the Top 40 and played an exhibition game last night against #12 ranked Notre Dame.

Final was a 1-1 tie with ND scoring in the 88th minute.

Looks like another program on the rise, folks.

Titanxman04
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't think XU Men's Soccer has ever really been that successful. Coach Flemming could be the turnaround that this program needs to become not only an A-10 power, but something more.

I remember BBC 08 and I traveling to the soccer games at the beginning of the year, and the X-Treme Fans did a great job getting everyone pumped. I even would bring my conch shell. It was a pretty damn good time.

BBC 08
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't think XU Men's Soccer has ever really been that successful. Coach Flemming could be the turnaround that this program needs to become not only an A-10 power, but something more.

I remember BBC 08 and I traveling to the soccer games at the beginning of the year, and the X-Treme Fans did a great job getting everyone pumped. I even would bring my conch shell. It was a pretty damn good time.

Those were some fun times. Still got the cowbell I would rock?

Titanxman04
08-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Cowbell is MIA at the moment. Could be back at my parents or in some box I never bothered to unpack in the attic.

However, the conch shell is still present on the mantel piece. Sometimes I'll go outside and blow it, you know, to let the neighborhood know I'm alive and alright.

BBC 08
08-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Cowbell is MIA at the moment. Could be back at my parents or in some box I never bothered to unpack in the attic.

However, the conch shell is still present on the mantel piece. Sometimes I'll go outside and blow it, you know, to let the neighborhood know I'm alive and alright.

Better do it before you move.

Titanxman04
08-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Better do it before you move.

1) Nothing is set as to whether I'm actually moving or not. We'll find out next week possibly.

2) I do what I want.

3) I would like to apply for the LHS if possible, or at least have the beard be deemed an honorary member.

4) Testicles, that is all.

Xavgrad08
09-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Looks like XU men's soccer is now ranked in the top 25. Definitely looks like the program is moving in the right direction. http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/090511aaa.html

awayfan
10-04-2011, 05:24 PM
here's a nice article outlining Coach Fleming's blue print for the program and how he turned around the team last year

http://www.coachad.com/pages/October-2011-Blueprint-For-Turning-Around-A-Struggling-Program.php

MADXSTER
10-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Xavier soccer loses to Fordham 1-0.