PDA

View Full Version : Looks like 2012 class is set

TUXU2011
08-09-2011, 11:29 AM
It looks like DSR and Anthony Bennett have moved on, so the 2012 Xavier recruiting class is now set. Don't expect Xavier to oversign for any other players for next year's class.

Retire33
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Not with the even the slight chance at Torian Graham?

MHettel
08-09-2011, 05:59 PM
It looks like DSR and Anthony Bennett have moved on, so the 2012 Xavier recruiting class is now set. Don't expect Xavier to oversign for any other players for next year's class.

Uhm is there some announcement or something? Some article where they said they moved on from XU? Some recrutiing guru is reporting this?

boozehound
08-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Uhm is there some announcement or something? Some article where they said they moved on from XU? Some recrutiing guru is reporting this?

I think there was a comment from DSR to that effect in the Men's Basketball forum.

Masterofreality
08-09-2011, 07:17 PM
We're done.

We've got the guards we were looking for and we'll be looking for more bigs in the 2013 class. As things are done at XU, no one is going to be "forced out".

As we've said before, it is too bad that DSR de-committed. As with Kareem Canty, however, this staff has proven that they are not waiting around and pining away for someone to grace XU with their presence. There are plenty of quality guys that are pining themselves to grace XU with their presence.

Right now, and it is admittedly early, XU has the 10th ranked 2012 recruiting class.

MADXSTER
08-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Semaj will be the cream of the crop. Just sayin.

wkrq59
08-09-2011, 10:07 PM
we're done.

We've got the guards we were looking for and we'll be looking for more bigs in the 2013 class. As things are done at xu, no one is going to be "forced out".

As we've said before, it is too bad that dsr de-committed. As with kareem canty, however, this staff has proven that they are not waiting around and pining away for someone to grace xu with their presence. There are plenty of quality guys that are pining themselves to grace xu with their presence.

Right now, and it is admittedly early, xu has the 10th ranked 2012 recruiting class.
what mor said over and over again. Veritas

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Semaj will be the cream of the crop. Just sayin.

Semaj will be very very good once he develops a consistent outside shot(which he will at X). That quickness, length, and athleticism is going to cause some serious problems for other teams.

Sim Bhullar is making HUGE improvements already. 16/12/3 vs a top 10-6'10" 255 pound center(Tony Parker) is impressive. What's scary is that he can get so much better. We're just scratching the surface. His ceiling is really really high.

Myles Davis is coming on strong as well. He's improved his dribble penetration and ball handling. His almost Redford like shooting is a serious asset

James Farr is a wild card. His work ethic is incredible from what I hear so I don't doubt we will see improvements from year 1 to year 4.

There's reason to be excited about the future

ThePowerOfX
08-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Semaj will be very very good once he develops a consistent outside shot(which he will at X). That quickness, length, and athleticism is going to cause some serious problems for other teams.

Sim Bhullar is making HUGE improvements already. 16/12/3 vs a top 10-6'10" 255 pound center(Tony Parker) is impressive. What's scary is that he can get so much better. We're just scratching the surface. His ceiling is really really high.

Myles Davis is coming on strong as well. He's improved his dribble penetration and ball handling. His almost Redford like shooting is a serious asset

James Farr is a wild card. His work ethic is incredible from what I hear so I don't doubt we will see improvements from year 1 to year 4.

There's reason to be excited about the future

Agreed on all fronts, but I think Farr is going to impress people even more than some are expecting. He is going to be an absolute freak by his sophomore/junior year. You have to remember that only like 3 years ago he was still 5'11" (or something crazy like that) and playing guard. He and Jalen Reynolds will bring a RIDICULOUS amount of length and pure athleticism that are really gonna make these future teams extremely fun to watch, and obviously help us win many games.

xavierj
08-10-2011, 07:32 AM
I believe Sim will now be with the 2011 class and Jalen Reynolds will be 2012.

Juice
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
CBS and Max Preps updated their rankings today. This is what they had to say about some players of interest:

Rising

Semaj Christon (No. 80): The Xavier-commit won over all onlookers in July, demonstrating his excellent penetration ability.

Falling

D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera (No. 39): His scoring ability is impressive, but Smith-Rivera (left) is not a true point guard and has a limited ceiling.

Torian Graham (No. 48): Graham can fill it up with the best of them, but he doesn’t bring effort consistently and is somewhat out of control.