View Full Version : Anthony Bennett - 2012

More Cowbell
07-15-2011, 11:21 AM
#7 overall per Rivals

Ht:6'7"
Wt:230 lbs
Rebounding:Good
Strength:Outstanding

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-07-14/every-coach-needs-a-tough-hungry-power-forward-like-anthony-bennett-lebron-james

“There’s no like top-five list of schools or anything,” Bennett said. “It’s Florida, UConn, Pittsburgh, Georgetown, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Xavier, Florida State, Oregon, Washington, UNLV, Florida, Arizona, Oklahoma.”

“So basically, you like everybody that’s good,” a reporter responded.

I imagine it helps that he plays alongside Sim.

paulxu
07-15-2011, 12:43 PM
I like it anytime a kid rattles off a list of top schools in the country and X is one of them.

(have no idea why he would insert UC in the list though)

Benxman
07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Good to see Xavier among any top 10 recruit's list of schools, no matter how many are on the list. I think, with Sim and the other big kid (name escapes me; senior moment :) ) we have coming in 2012, we are one of the schools with depth at the post. Still, a kid with that kind of size, motor and skills is always welcome. I'd still like to see us get a good outside shooting guard with size in 2012, though. That seems to me to be a much greater need.

GO MUSKIES!

:logo:

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Guy is an athletic freak. Youtube some of his dunks. If he wants to come to X, you take him regardless of need.

With that said, I highly doubt he comes to X. UK is all over him

XUFan09
07-15-2011, 07:23 PM
His recruiting will apparently take a bit longer than the other guys (like spring semester, I think). We'll see what happens.

Benxman
07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Guy is an athletic freak. Youtube some of his dunks. If he wants to come to X, you take him regardless of need.

With that said, I highly doubt he comes to X. UK is all over him

I agree JimmyTwoTimes37, I was just saying what I perceive our greatest need to be at this time. Of course, any time you can get a top ten player, you take him. That goes without saying.

GO MUSKIES!

XUFan09
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
If both DSR and Christon sign elsewhere (something that will probably be determined in the next month or two), this could be the last guy that Xavier would be willing to oversign for. I don't know how hard they're recruiting him these days though.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-20-2011, 09:04 AM
I agree JimmyTwoTimes37, I was just saying what I perceive our greatest need to be at this time. Of course, any time you can get a top ten player, you take him. That goes without saying.

GO MUSKIES!

Ya I understand.

His highlight reel dunks are absurd!

xu15
07-20-2011, 10:02 AM
We have little to no shot at him though.

TUXU2011
07-21-2011, 10:49 AM
If both DSR and Christon sign elsewhere (something that will probably be determined in the next month or two), this could be the last guy that Xavier would be willing to oversign for. I don't know how hard they're recruiting him these days though.

I would assume that X gets at least one of DSR and Christon. Christon is a local player and DSR was committed to Xavier earlier this year. I would definitely take Bennett over both of them but DSR and Christon are much more likely.

THRILLHOUSE
07-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Sim posted this on twitter:

SimBhullar2: Everyone follow my dude & #Xavier Recruit @ABennett24 .. show him love

xufan02
07-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I would love Anthony Bennett, but we already have two PF in the 2012 class, and he is a top 20 player. He is a Jason Maxiell type guy with better upside. Don't see him in a Xavier uni. Texas would be my guess with him going to Findlay Prep in NV, and the fact that he played for the same AAU team as former Texas players Triston Thompson and Corey Joseph.

Juice
08-09-2011, 10:15 AM
XU is not in his final 10 list