PDA

View Full Version : Who will sign next for 2012?

TUXU2011
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Xavier is after some really good players for the 2012 season such as D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Elijah Macon, AJ Hammons, Kareem Canty and others. I think DSR and Hammons would make up a great class along with Bhullar, but does the team have any chance of getting DSR back and convincing Hammons to sign?
:logo:

xuwin
07-14-2011, 05:20 PM
No

SixFig
07-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Don't forget James Farr who has already committed. In recruiting circles, there seems to be greater and greater attention on Farr and Bhullar, so I think Mack landed some nice but previously unheralded players.

Myles Davis, DSR, Canty and maybe others will battle it out for probably 2 spots. I think Macon and Hammons are pretty much out.

TUXU2011
07-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Don't forget James Farr who has already committed. In recruiting circles, there seems to be greater and greater attention on Farr and Bhullar, so I think Mack landed some nice but previously unheralded players.

Myles Davis, DSR, Canty and maybe others will battle it out for probably 2 spots. I think Macon and Hammons are pretty much out.

Do you know how DSR feels about going to XU after decommitting earlier?

xavierj
07-14-2011, 07:23 PM

no do you? My guess is that he loves xavier but not the league. I think he goes to louisville.

XUFan09
07-14-2011, 07:29 PM

Xavier appears to still be about even with the other schools. It also is a bit different from the other schools (big state schools except for Georgetown, all in BCS conferences). That difference could help or hinder Xavier's chances, depending on what he wants in a school, before even considering the coaching staff and program.

With the signing of Bhullar and Farr, Hammons is pretty much out. The remaining scholarship will go to a guard, maybe a wing, and the general feeling is that the coaching staff will oversign by one if it's a good opportunity.

Most heavily recruited:

DSR (combo power guard, working to be more of a point guard)
Myles Davis (combo guard, more of a shooting guard)
Semaj Christon (point guard)
Kareem Canty (combo guard, more of a point guard)

I think Ray Lee (point guard) is also in the mix. Can someone confirm or repudiate that? These are all Rivals 150 or Scout top 100 players, so if Xavier lands at least one or maybe even two, I think they'll be in great shape. The coaching staff is also lining up some excellent recruits for the 2013 and even 2014 classes, which we'll probably start hearing more about after school starts, when I'd wager Xavier has received a commitment from at least one of these guys.

Benxman
07-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Xavier appears to still be about even with the other schools. It also is a bit different from the other schools (big state schools except for Georgetown, all in BCS conferences). That difference could help or hinder Xavier's chances, depending on what he wants in a school, before even considering the coaching staff and program.

With the signing of Bhullar and Farr, Hammons is pretty much out. The remaining scholarship will go to a guard, maybe a wing, and the general feeling is that the coaching staff will oversign by one if it's a good opportunity.

Most heavily recruited:

DSR (combo power guard, working to be more of a point guard)
Myles Davis (combo guard, more of a shooting guard)
Semaj Christon (point guard)
Kareem Canty (combo guard, more of a point guard)

I think Ray Lee (point guard) is also in the mix. Can someone confirm or repudiate that? These are all Rivals 150 or Scout top 100 players, so if Xavier lands at least one or maybe even two, I think they'll be in great shape. The coaching staff is also lining up some excellent recruits for the 2013 and even 2014 classes, which we'll probably start hearing more about after school starts, when I'd wager Xavier has received a commitment from at least one of these guys.

Good post Xufano9. Thanks for replying seriously to our new members question. I agree with your analysis, although I personally think Myles Davis, at 6'1" and reportedly with short arms is not a good choice for shooting guard. He has good 3pt range, but is apparently a very streaky shooter. I just have problems, not so much with short point guards, but definitel with short 2 guards. Lyons is 6'1" with long arms and at times he seems somewhat short for the position. ...Just saying. I would much rather get Kyle Anderson, but that ship has sailed. :(

I'd love for us to get DSR, but the longer his recruiment goes, the weaker our chances seem to get.

At this time, I don't know much about Samaj Christon or Ray Lee, except that Lee is a team mate of Sim Bhullar.

GO MUSKIES!

:logo:

XUFan09
07-14-2011, 08:25 PM
I think Davis has good enough point guard skills and enough variety in his game to at least be a better version of Redford. And that's something respectable too, as with 13 scholarships not everyone is going to be a starter, let alone a star. He's getting enough respect for his game to at least be a Rivals 150 guy, despite the height issue for his position. I agree that at the SG position I love tall guys like Raymond and JMart (or some of the Marquette guards, ouch), but undersized players often make up for their height with their overall skill set. Heck, Holloway (who has a great first step but average top speed and athleticism) stands only 5'10.25" without shoes, yet he's a potential NBA draft pick. Admittedly, the 6'5" wingspan is important, but still, he could be a first round pick for the next level. At Xavier, Davis just has to be good enough for this level.

I don't know much about Ray Lee, hence why I couldn't remember if we were going strong after him, but Semaj Christon would be a great get. He has good length, ballhandling skills, and athleticism, can hit the open 3, is a solid defender (though he gambles too much), and stays focused under defensive pressure. I'm pretty sure I heard that he was injured before and thus didn't get much attention by recruiting services for awhile, but with Scout he's jumped up to the #11 PG, #67 overall in the class (#19 at PG for ESPN and a 3-star for Rivals).

Personally, I would love DSR and Christon. Davis or Canty would be great too.

XUFan09
07-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Btw here's the ESPN profile that I was drawing some of my info from. I feel like I heard that he was taller than 6'1 (maybe he grew), but the compliments on his length might just concern his wingspan.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/127873/semaj-christon

rhyno2110
07-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I would definetly take DSR and Christon. Thats my preference. Any time you can get a shooter like Davis though, I would take that. But hey, I know we will get quality guys no matter who goes where. And as someone else noted, we are doing work in the 2013 and 2014 classes:D

CinciX12
07-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Lulz. Yeah getting DSR back would be a pretty good class. Dare I say we would be favored to win the conference we are going for 6 straight in.