PDA

View Full Version : Pick up Soccer

Titanxman04
07-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Greetings all!

I'm letting all the Cincinnati natives around here know that last week we started a pick up soccer game in Hyde Park. Pretty much the idea is non-competitive, come out and have fun, and don't be an asshole out there. If you're sliding into folks and breaking ankles, then you'll be asked to leave. The field we play on isn't full size, but it's a lot of fun and with 12 last week, and we had to shorten it.

If you're interested in coming out and playing, message me. It's easy going and can be as much of a work out as you'd like. All ages, all ability, and all sizes welcome.

Oh, and we do it on Tuesday at 7 pm! Which means we'll be playing tonight and hopefully the rest of the summer.

Again, message me if you're interested in playing this evening or another time!

Titanxman04
07-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Reposting for those interested. We'll be playing again so long as it isn't thunderstorming. PM me if you want to know where.

JTT, it'll be at the same location.

All are welcome.

All skill levels are welcome.

Assholes are not (except for me, since I've been organizing the whole thing).

paulxu
07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
PM me if you want to know where.

Well, don't keep it a secret.
Others may want to come watch, drink beer, throw things, shout obscenities, etc.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I'll be there if it isn't 900,000 degrees tomorrow

Kahns Krazy
07-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm going to show up to call penalties on Titanman all over the place.

Titanxman04
07-11-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm going to show up to call penalties on Titanman all over the place.

Not much to call, asshole. But alas, I still have my ref kit. I'll let you walk around with it. Cards and all.

I don't cause many penalties unless you consider awful play, poor foot skills, and hobbling around the field a penalty. Though, if I get carded, I might have to take out the knees of an unsuspecting official.

Kahns Krazy
07-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Red card.

Backyard Champ
07-11-2011, 05:39 PM
How many people do you think will show up?

Titanxman04
07-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Hopefully about 12 right now. Hopefully more.

LadyMuskie
07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, don't keep it a secret.
Others may want to come watch, drink beer, throw things, shout obscenities, etc.

This is what I was thinking! Running up and down a hot field in 100 degree weather chasing after a ball holds no interest for me, but sitting there drinking adult beverages whilst poking fun at those doing the running, seems like fun :p

Seriously, though have a good time and drink lots of fluids.

DC Muskie
07-11-2011, 09:13 PM
I'd be happy to fly in, sit on the sideline and correct any terminology that I deem to be incorrect. All I ask is for two things:

1. Beer
2. A non soccer fan who is interested in learning about the game and asks questions that I will interpret as being obtuse and properly scold.

Seriously, have fun. Pick up games in any sport are fun, and I always enjoyed the games I have played out on the National Mall.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm going to take a dive every time i'm near Titan, even if he's on my team-Anywhere within 30 feet. My dives will rival Cristiano Ronaldo. I'm going to force this fake ref to card him and hopefully eject him seconds into the game

Titanxman04
07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
This is what I was thinking! Running up and down a hot field in 100 degree weather chasing after a ball holds no interest for me, but sitting there drinking adult beverages whilst poking fun at those doing the running, seems like fun :p

Seriously, though have a good time and drink lots of fluids.

There are bleachers in the shade. Hyde Park elementary school. Tis where we're playing.

Typically, I invite those who came to play to have a beer. I live two minutes away. I'll have to restock though.

I'm going to take a dive every 50/50 ball involving Titan, even if he's on my team. My dives will rival Cristiano Ronaldo. I'm going to force the fake ref to card him and hopefully eject him seconds into the game

Wear a cup. If I'm getting a card, I'm damn well earning it.

And seeing as I'm the commish, I'll reinstate my play immediately.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-11-2011, 09:37 PM

These latest revelations could be problematic towards my plans.

That's why I have invited a lot of Argentinians, Italians, Brazilians, Mexicans, Colombians, Chileans, Spanish, Portuguese, and Ivory Coast(ans?) into the stands to appreciate my great efforts to dive as well as put peer pressure on the commish to not reinstate himself after his own red carding

Titanxman04
07-11-2011, 09:45 PM

That's why I have invited a lot of Argentinians, Italians, Brazilians, Mexicans, Colombians, Chileans, Spanish, Portuguese, and Ivory Coast(ans?) into the stands to appreciate my great efforts to dive as well as put peer pressure on the commish to not reinstate himself after his own red carding

The commish has just issued a statement:

Anyone under the following descents are prohibited from attending or playing in Tuesday pick up league:

Non-Americans
Non-Canadians...maybe.

Under personal appeal, the commish will review personal requests, should come fool like Lucho make it to town (for the record, Lucho is always allowed to play). In other words, if you play like you're from any of those horse-shit countries, don't bother coming.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-11-2011, 09:47 PM
The commish has just issued a statement:

Anyone under the following descents are prohibited from attending or playing in Tuesday pick up league:

Non-Americans
Non-Canadians...maybe.

Under personal appeal, the commish will review personal requests, should come fool like Lucho make it to town (for the record, Lucho is always allowed to play). In other words, if you play like you're from any of those horse-shit countries, don't bother coming.

My plan seems to have been thwarted almost immediately

Titanxman04
07-11-2011, 09:50 PM
My plan seems to have been thwarted almost immediately

I love sitting up in my high commish chair in my awesome commish office reading requests and denying them.

Evil laugh? You best believe it.
Lightning and thunder in the background? Oh yea.
Haunting, theatrical music? YOU KNOW IT!

Titanxman04
07-11-2011, 09:54 PM
I'd be happy to fly in, sit on the sideline and correct any terminology that I deem to be incorrect. All I ask is for two things:

1. Beer
2. A non soccer fan who is interested in learning about the game and asks questions that I will interpret as being obtuse and properly scold.

Seriously, have fun. Pick up games in any sport are fun, and I always enjoyed the games I have played out on the National Mall.

Seriously, I expect you there.

Maybe Dana's can sponsor this? We need uniforms.

Kahns Krazy
07-12-2011, 07:07 AM
There are bleachers in the shade. Hyde Park elementary school. Tis where we're playing.

Typically, I invite those who came to play to have a beer. I live two minutes away. I'll have to restock though.

Where is Hyde Park elementary these days? The Hyde Park elementary I know of is 100% asphalt. If you're taking a dive on asphalt, I'm coming to watch.

xeus
07-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Sounds fun. If it's not 125 degrees tonight I may be there.

Titanxman04
07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
It's not "Hyde Park elementary" school. It is at "A" hyde park elementary school.

Kilgour to be precise.

paulxu
07-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Though, if I get carded, I might have to take out the knees of an unsuspecting official.

Red card.

Kahns gives red card to Titan. Nice flop by the way.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/5/referee-hits-soccer-player-722153

bobbiemcgee
07-12-2011, 04:48 PM

any Jews?...maybe snipe could officiate?

pickledpigsfeet
07-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Kahns gives red card to Titan. Nice flop by the way.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/5/referee-hits-soccer-player-722153

How did he not through 22 red cards while running? And its rare that an older ref is faster than everyone one on one team.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Was thinking about bringing _LH to come and heckle Titan. Then I realized it probably would be disastrous for all involved

Juice
07-13-2011, 08:57 AM
I have found some more footage of Titan officiating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n99WL7Y5dsY

He certainly has a knack for the flamboyant.

Titanxman04
07-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Still going on tonight. We actually seem like we might have some good numbers. Anyone and everyone is invited...minus Kahn's. He was red carded.

7 pm. Kilgour Elementary.

Bring cleats. Bring water.

Titanxman04
07-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Was thinking about bringing _LH to come and heckle Titan. Then I realized it probably would be disastrous for all involved

LH brings me no fear. No anguish. What upsets me, is that you're bailing tonight. Sir...you, are a disappointment.

JTT drinks Schmirnoff. It's true. I saw it.

TaipeiMuskie
07-19-2011, 05:06 PM
How about a dual citizen.. 1 parent American and 1 parent Italian?

Titanxman04
07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
How about a dual citizen.. 1 parent American and 1 parent Italian?

Welcome! See you there. 7 pm.

Titanxman04
07-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Still playing tonight. Kilgour Elementary. Watch me earn a Red Card.

7 pm, fellas and ladies. Bring some water and definitely bring cleats.

See you fools there.