PDA

View Full Version : Mountian bike trails

ballyhoohoo
05-31-2011, 03:35 PM
What are some good ones in and around Cincinnati? Preferably ones that won't get my bike stolen.

xubball1993
05-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Check out the four-mile mountain bike trail at Mitchell Memorial Forest. They're currently working to expand it to eight miles.

http://www.greatparks.org/rec_cycling/mountainbiketrail.shtm

bigdiggins
05-31-2011, 05:07 PM
Never been on it, but Caeser's Creek has one accessible from St. Rt. 73 (I assume it is part of the park anyway due to the proximity). There are signs for it on 73 east of the lake, west of I71.

MADXSTER
06-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Houston Woods has some pretty good trails.

nuts4xu
06-01-2011, 02:23 PM
The trails at East Fork Lake are great for most any ability.

Caesar's Creek is awesome, but there are parts you need to know what you are doing otherwise you will find yourself screaming down a hill at 50 MPH straight for the lake....unless you like that kind of stuff.

I am not familiar with any other trails around town, but endorse both of the ones I mentioned above.

Woodburn
06-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Never been on it, but Caeser's Creek has one accessible from St. Rt. 73 (I assume it is part of the park anyway due to the proximity). There are signs for it on 73 east of the lake, west of I71.

I second Caesar's Creek. It's been a few years since I've been on it last, but it was always a pretty fun ride.

xu95
06-01-2011, 03:11 PM
I second Caesar's Creek. It's been a few years since I've been on it last, but it was always a pretty fun ride.

Plus you will probably see some boobies at the beach

Smails
06-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't say I'm an avid Mtn Biker, but I do hit the trails about 15 times a year. Here is my take:

Harbin Park- Not to crazy technically, but an absolute thumper from a hills perspective

Mitchell- Good ride for all skill levels and it's still pretty new to me which is nice

East Fork- 3 different trails, 3 miles each. 2 are easy and the third is a little more technical. Might be my favorite right now.

Cesars- Trails are pretty well maintained, but like Nuts said, there are some gnarley downhill parts.

Mt Storm- Crap...poorly maintained

Idelwild- Never been
Hueston Woods- Never been

Snipe
06-01-2011, 05:31 PM
What would be the best for 8 and 10 year olds that have never been off of pavement?

bobbiemcgee
06-01-2011, 06:03 PM
What would be the best for 8 and 10 year olds that have never been off of pavement?

I would recommend BMX racing for kids, think there is one in Cleves. My kids grew up with it and LOVED it! Traveled all over the SE US racing bikes. Great family people.

Smails
06-02-2011, 08:58 AM

There is a neat BMX track up at Joyce Park in Fairfield that lets kids ride in a non-competition setting. They also have races that are open to anyone.

The first/easiest trail at East fork is a good one for beginners. Not too hilly and pretty easy to control your speed. I've seen kids on that trail often.